Chapter 21 - Sacrifice

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

For the past 3 hours EXO has not been able to find Mi Young. Her scent has completely disappeared from the museum. When Kai came back he was disappointed that he couldn’t find Mi Young. Even Mi Young’s classmates came over and asked where she was. Kris had to explain to them that Mi Young wasn’t feeling good and that she went back to the dorm. EXO knew they had to find Mi Young as soon as possible or her life is in danger.

EXO got back to the college and had very sad and angry faces when VIXX saw them walk into the music room.

Hongbin said, “What’s wrong?”

EXO sat down and Suho looks at VIXX and said, “Mi Young is gone.”

Hongbin’s eyes went wide and he said, “Mi Young is gone?! How could you lose her?!”

Chanyeol looked up at him and glared saying, “You idiot, WE didn’t lose her. A vampire took her.”

VIXX looked at each other and then N spoke, “A vampire? Was it a vampire from the museum?”

Suho stood up and said, “Yes. How did you know?”

N looked at s and then at EXO saying, “That vampire is VERY dangerous. He is the very first vampires. We unfortunately can’t kill him.”

Luhan said, “Why not?”

Hyuk spoke up and said, “Because he’s the leader over ALL vampires. No vampires can kill him.”

Suho sat back down and said, “Our little Mi Young is gone. I feel so helpless not being able to help her.”

Leo was sitting on a desk and said, “Who said we aren’t going to be able to help her?”

Suho wipes his eyes and looks at Leo saying, “We don’t even know where he took her.”

Leo shrugged his shoulders and said, “I do.”

VIXX and EXO all looked at him. Leo looked at VIXX and said, “Why are you looking at me? You know where they are too.”

N said, “True, but you’re the only one that spoke out.”

Kris said, “You guys know where he took her?”

VIXX nodded and N said, “Yes. But, the problem is that he can detect when someone or something gets near his hideout.”

Kai said, “Can he detect someone who can go in and out of space?”

N looks at Kai and said, “Anyone.”

Suho puts his head in his hands and says, “I can’t imagine what is happening with Mi Young. Our poor little Mi Young.”


Leo groaned and said, “Come on…wolves. Pull yourselves together.” He jumps off the desk and walks over to EXO. He says, “You guys have fought with worse creatures than this vampire. Or was that all a lie?”

EXO looked at each other and then stood up. Suho said, “Leo is right. We’ve lived for so long and fought many battles. We should be able to fight this one vampire.”

Luhan bit his bottom lip and said, “Yeah, but they said that this vampire is VERY dangerous. I don’t want to get myself killed from this vampire.”

Just then they heard a voice behind them say, “Who said you’ll get yourself killed?”

EXO and VIXX turned around and gasped. There standing in the doorway was none other than Shane Griffin, Mi Young’s brother. He walks in and narrows his eyes at both EXO and VIXX.

He says, “You know I should be angry and tear both EXO and VIXX for losing my sister.”

EXO took a few steps back and so did VIXX.

Shane rubbed his forehead and said, “But, I’m not. I’m here to help you get my sister back.”

Lay says, “Shane, what are you doing here?”

Shane points to the door and they turn to see Super Junior standing in the room. Shane said, “They told me about Mi Young disappearing.”

Xiumin scratched his head and said, “How did you guys find out? It was in a museum.”

Donghae and Eunhyuk smiled and said, “Well, we were at the museum while you guys and Mi Young were there. We could tell there was something not right in there. When the lights went out, we knew something was up. We got word to Leeteuk and apparently he said that Henry and Ryeowook saw a man dressed in a black cape run through the forest with a bag over his shoulder. They could tell that there might be someone in there.”

Shane said, “I was in America when I was told. I flew back here to help find her…but also to make sure that both of your groups haven’t hurt my sister.”

EXO shook their head and Suho said, “We wouldn’t dare hurt her.”

Shane looked at VIXX and said, “Well, I’m not as worried about werewolves, as I am about vampires.”

Leo walked over to Shane and said, “What you have something against vampires?”

Hongbin laughed and pulled Leo’s arm and said, “Come on Leo. Don’t start. Sorry, Shane.”

Shane said, “It’s fine. Just as long as you and your groups know your place.”

Suho spoke, “So, Shane. Do you have any idea where he would’ve taken Mi Young?”

Shane motioned for Super Junior to walk towards him and said, “Leeteuk believes there is an abandoned house in the middle of the forest. He thinks that’s where the vampire likely took her.”

Kris walked over to Shane and said, “We will get her out.”

Shane nodded and said, “I know. But, I also know what could happen if the vampire takes Mi Young’s powers.”

Hongbin walks over and says, “We want to help as much as possible. We can’t bear to think that Mi Young is at that vampire’s house.”

Shane nodded and put his hand on Hongbin’s shoulder saying, “I commend you vampires for wanting to help. You do know the risk in looking for Mi Young in the daytime?”

VIXX nodded and N said, “We do. We also have ideas of how to stay out of the sunlight the whole time.”

Henry spoke up, “Mi Young was angry at me because I risked my life to save her. Shane, I want to help her, but I’m afraid that she’ll get angry at me again.”

Shane smiled and walked over to Henry. He lifted Henry’s face so he looks at Shane. Shane said, “Henry, Mi Young is a very stubborn girl. But, she has a good heart. She wasn’t angry at what you did, she was angrier that you put yourself in danger for her. But, this time is different.”

Henry said, “It is?”

Shane nodded and said, “Yes, because this time you’re with your pack, EXO and VIXX. You’re not by yourself. Plus, when Mi Young sees you, she’ll be very impressed that you found her. Don’t feel down about finding her.”

Leeteuk walked over and wrapped his arms around Henry’s waist and said, “Little Mochi, is still a puppy. But, he can fight. Don’t worry, Shane. Henry will be with us the whole time.”

Shane nodded and said, “Well, let’s get going. The quicker we can get Mi Young back, the better.”

----------------------------------------------

EXO, Super Junior, Shane and VIXX all ran into the forest once all the students went to their dorms. EXO and Super Junior transformed into wolves and they were able to cover more ground. VIXX and Shane held back and walked through the forest.

Hyuk spoke while Shane was with them and said, “Shane, we are happy that you’re here to help find Mi Young.”

Shane sighed and didn’t look at Hyuk as he said, “Yeah, but I know once that we find Mi Young, we will have to go our separate ways again.”

Hyuk said, “Why? Why can’t you stay with her?”

Shane stopped as VIXX stopped and he looked at Hyuk and said, “Because, if WE are together, it will give the hunters more of a way to pick us off. I can’t allow my sister to be killed.”

Hyuk sighed and said, “But, will you and Mi Young ever be together again?”

Shane turned and started to walk as he said, “Of course. There will come a time where we’ll see each other again.”

There was silence and Shane spoke, “The hunters are blood-thirsty vampires that want to get rid of every hybrid that is out in the world. They think of the hybrids as freaks and want them destroyed.”

Hongbin spoke, “These vampire...hunters, are they pretty powerful?”

Shane laughed and said, “No. The only power they have, are their weapons. They have no powers at all.”

Ken said, “How can they be vampires if they have no powers?”

Shane looked at Ken and said, “Because they chose to give up their powers, for weapons. They wanted to stay in the world of the living and kill innocent humans for blood and find all the hybrids and wipe their very existence off the face of this planet.”

Hongbin sighed and said, “No wonder you have a resentment toward vampires.”

Shane looked over at Hongbin and said, “I don’t have a resentment toward ALL vampires. Just the ones that endanger me or my family. I am happy that Mi Young has made friends with you guys, EXO and Super Junior. She’s not the kind to get many friends.”

Hongbin blushed and smiled at the compliment. Just then there was a howl coming from up ahead and they ran to catch up with EXO and Super Junior.

               When they stopped they looked down and saw a small pool of blood. Shane knelt down and put his face toward the blood. He closed his eyes and breathed in the scent of the blood. Suddenly he growled and opened his eyes. He stood up and clenched his hands into fists. He walked over to the nearest tree and he rammed his fist against the tree and causing a dent in the trunk. Shane fell to his knees as everyone saw his hands had claws on them. They all looked at each other.

Suho walked over and knelt down to Shane and said, “Shane, get a hold of yourself. You can’t lose it. We need you to have a clear head.”

Shane hung his head and nodded as he said with a shaky breath, “It’s her blood.”

Suho bit his bottom lip and said, “I see.” Suho looks over at Luhan and explained to Luhan through telepathy on whose blood that is. Luhan gasped and ran over to Sehun and cried on his shoulder.

Suho looks at Shane and stood up saying, “Come on, Shane. We can’t stay here. We need to find Mi Young as soon as possible.”

Shane nodded and he let Suho help him stand up.

Shane looks at Suho and said, “Thank you.”

Suho smiles and says, “It’s nothing. We need you to be okay before we go and search for Mi Young.”

Shane nodded and said, “I’m fine. Let’s go.”

               EXO, Super Junior, VIXX and Shane all ran through the forest until they finally came into a clearing. There in the middle was a dark and creepy looking house. It was a two floor house. The dark green of the siding was starting to break apart and show its age. There were a few lights on in the top floors, but aside from that, the house was pretty quiet and just sitting there quietly. They looked up and saw that the sky was starting to cloud up and soon grey rain clouds were passing over and soon it started to rain.

They looked over at Suho, and he raised his hands and said, “It’s not me.”

They looked at Chen and he raised his hands and said, “It’s not me either.”

Shane narrowed his eyes and said, “Well, it’s now or never. I’m not leaving here without my sister.”

Shane backed away from them and walked along the tree line to keep himself hidden. EXO, Super Junior and VIXX realized what he was doing and they did the same thing. When they were closer to the house they noticed that the back of the house had no lights and there were no guards around the house.

Shane softly and slowly creeped toward the house. As he got closer to the back door, he heard growling a few feet away from his right. He looked over and saw two large Dobermans were standing there and growling at Shane. Shane stood up and growled at the dogs.

The dogs started barking at Shane. He was about to lunge at them when the light and he turned the corner and hid. A man walked out and looked at the Dobermans. He looked around but didn’t see anyone. He turned back to the Dobermans.

“What is it boys?”

               The dogs were barking and trying to get off their chains. The man shook his head and handed both Dobermans a piece of meat. The dogs took them and ate them while the man walked back in and shut the light off. Shane breathed a sigh of relief and turned to look at the dogs and they were finished with their meat. They stood there and stared at Shane. Shane walked out from the corner and the dogs started barking again. And again the light went on. Shane ducked over to the side of the house as the man walked out and was scolding the dogs. Shane looked around the corner at the man’s back and he growled.

               The dogs were still barking and their eyes averted to behind the man. When he turned around he gasped and saw Shane standing there with yellow eyes and he attacked the man. The dogs continued to bark and growl as Shane was attacking the man. Kangin ran up behind the dogs and grabbed the chains and pulled the dogs towards him. The dogs turned around and started to bark at Kangin but he grabbed the dogs’ mouths with his hands and he bent down to the dogs and said something to the dogs, because when Kangin let the dogs’ mouths go, the dogs laid on the ground and didn’t say anything.

EXO, Super Junior and VIXX walked over and saw Shane straddling the man and he said, “Is there a woman in this house?”

The man shook his head and said, “No.”

Shane grabbed the man’s throat and bent down closer saying, “I don’t like repeating myself. Is there a woman in the house?”

The man was starting to choke and finally he nodded his head. Shane let the man’s neck go and he said, “Okay. What room is she in?”

The man coughed and said, “Why? Who are you?”

Shane growled and said, “Who I am, is no concern to you. All I want is….the girl.”

The man looked over and saw the others were standing there and waiting for his reply. He looked at Shane and said, “You’re a vampire?”

Shane shook his head and said, “No. I’m worse than a vampire. Now, where is the girl?”

The man sighed and said, “She’s upstairs in one of the rooms.”

Shane growled and said, “Which ones?”

The man shrugged and said, “I don’t know. We aren’t allowed up in the rooms. There are four bedrooms. She could be in either of them.”

Shane sighed and stood up. He looked at Siwon and said, “Take care of him. Find out more from him on why they want Mi Young.”

Siwon nodded and Shane, along with EXO and VIXX walked into the house. They tried to be quiet, but the floor board started to creak and squeak. Shane noticed how the outside made the house look small, but when inside, it is huge. They walk around the house and Shane had EXO and VIXX go to other parts of the house as Shane walked up the staircase. He looked down that hall, to see which room Mi Young was in, but all four rooms had lights on.

               Shane sighed and he lightly walked to the first door on the right and put his nose toward the door and sniffed. There was nothing. He went to the door on the left and sniffed. Nothing. He went to the door on the right but there was nothing. He went to the door on the left and there was nothing. He opened all four doors and there was no one in the rooms. Shane growled and tried to figure out where Mi Young was. He walked down the stairs and met up with EXO.

Shane said, “She’s not upstairs. Where else could she be?”

Sehun pointed and said, “Cellar maybe?”

               Shane looked at where Sehun pointed and nodded. He walked over and opened the door. A light was on and he sighed as he quietly walked down the stairs. He looked around and noticed how big the cellar really was. He felt how cold and damp it was down under the ground. He looked at all the different rooms that were in the cellar. Most of them didn’t have lights on, so Shane knew not to look in there. As he walked away, EXO walked down the stairs and followed Shane. They all stopped when they heard talking and banging, coming from a room at the back of the cellar.

Shane and EXO walked over and listened and they heard a voice.

“You know you are doing your kind a service by giving yourself up.”

Mi Young was laying on a slab of cement that was made as a table and her hands and legs were chained. Mi Young looked up at the vampire and said, “Killing me is not doing my kind a service.”

The vampire laughed and said, “Of course it is. Because once you are dead, the other hybrids will be shown where they are hiding. Then my hunters will be able to pick them off one by one.”

Mi Young cried out and said, “You are nothing but a monster!”

The vampire hissed at Mi Young and said, “The only monster I see is the one laying down and ready to sacrifice her life.”

Mi Young grit her teeth and said, “Wait til my friends come here. You’ll regret it.”

The vampire laughed again and said, “I hope so, and I hope your brother came along.”

Mi Young said, “Why? What are you going to do to him?”

The vampire sighed and said, “Nothing you need to worry about. Once you are dead, I’ll kill him as well. That way your whole family will not have existed.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “What have the hybrids done to you, to make you want to kill them?”

The vampire bent and looked at Mi Young saying, “The hybrids are an abomination. They should’ve never existed. There should be werewolves and vampires. A creature that is both should’ve been killed a long time ago.”

Mi Young had tears in her eyes and said, “Please, don’t do this.”

The vampire walked over to his tools and took out a knife and he turned back to Mi Young saying, “I’m sorry, but the only way for vampires and werewolves to exist, is for the hybrids to be destroyed.”

Mi Young’s eyes went wide as the vampire walked over and bent down to Mi Young and kissed her on the forehead and said, “May God rest on your soul.” The vampire stood up and raised the knife.

But, before the knife fell onto Mi Young, Shane burst through the door and tackled the vampire. EXO ran in and unchained Mi Young. Mi Young turned and watched as Shane and the vampire fought hand in hand.

Mi Young cried out, “SHANE!”

Shane held the vampire away from him and he said, “EXO! TAKE MI YOUNG OUT OF HERE!”

Mi Young shook her head and said, “No. I’m not going anywhere. I can’t lose you.”

Shane punched the vampire in the face and pushed him so that when he fell he hit the wall and a bunch of bottles fell onto him. He walked over to Mi Young and kissed her on the cheek. Then he turned her and pushed her against EXO.

Shane said, “Take her out of here…NOW!”

Kris looked behind Shane and saw the vampire get up and walk toward Shane. Kris grabbed Mi Young and ran out of the cellar. She was struggling with Kris and crying out Shane’s name. When they got outside, EXO, VIXX and Super Junior tried to keep Mi Young from going into the house.

They could hear things being broken and bodies being thrown against the walls. For almost two hours, the house was swaying from side to side a vampire and werewolf were down in the cellar fighting each other. Mi Young dug her claws into Kris and Suho’s arms as they held her. Suddenly the fighting stopped. They waited. Suho gasped as he looked at Mi Young’s neck.

Suho touched Mi Young’s neck and saw blood flowing from no wounds. Mi Young hissed as if she was in pain. They looked and it was her chest. She fell to her knees and crying in pain.

What they didn’t know was that as Shane and the vampire were fighting, Shane was praying to God to keep Mi Young safe and that he wants her friends to take care of her. Shane looked at the vampire, who was bleeding from many wounds and Shane was bleeding from wounds as well. When Shane couldn’t handle the vampire or the pain, he stood there and held his hands out.

“I will sacrifice my life in order to protect Mi Young.”

The vampire laughed and ran a knife into Shane’s heart. Shane cried out and coughed up blood as the knife punctured his heart. Shane fell to his knees holding the knife and he could feel his heart was starting to slow down. He looked up at the vampire and smiled.

The vampire narrowed his eyes and said, “Why are you smiling? You’ll be dead soon.”

Shane coughed up more blood and said, “Because…once I’m dead, Mi Young will have my powers as well. She may not be as powerful as you, but she’ll be more powerful than any hybrid that has walked this Earth.”

The vampire looked at Shane and said, “You lie.”

Shane coughed up more blood and took hold of a chain around his neck. He took the chain and opened the locket. There inside was Mi Young’s picture.

Shane smiled and said, “When I die, she will get my powers. You lost.” With whatever energy he had left. Shane stood up as the vampire took a few steps backwards. Shane smiled at the vampire and Shane rammed his fist against some of the beams and the house started to shake.

Outside they heard a rumbling and couldn’t figure out where it was coming from. Then they saw the house collapse in on itself and soon become rubble. Mi Young knelt there and stared at the rubble. Mi Young screamed and jumped up. She ran over to the rubble and started to get the debris away. EXO, Super Junior and VIXX all stood there and watched as Mi Young was crying and trying to clear away the rubble.

               Finally, Suho couldn’t handle it anymore and he walked over. He touched her shoulder and she turned around and attacked Suho. She growled and dug her claws into Suho’s shoulder. Suho cried out as EXO ran over to help Suho. Kris punched Mi Young, and caused her to fall backwards and let Suho go. She tried to stand up but she looked and saw Siwon stand above her. Mi Young and Siwon just stared at each other when Mi Young lunged at Siwon and grabbed his leg and caused him to fall to the ground.

               Soon, there was a fight between Mi Young and Siwon. Siwon, doesn’t have the heart to hurt Mi Young, but at this point he couldn’t get her to stop, without hurting her. When she lunged at him, he punched her in the face. Every time she lunged at him he would punch her in the face, or in the stomach. She has even clawed at him. Siwon has had enough of her and when he dodged her attack and she fell face first, Siwon stood over her and every time she tried to stand up, he would punch her back. She cried out with each attempt at getting up as Siwon just gave her a beating. Finally, after a dozen of Siwon’s beatings, Mi Young stopped moving and laid on the grass.

Siwon stood over her and his eyes turned back to brown as he looked at Mi Young. He looked at his hand and noticed claws. Her back was littered with bruises and claw scratches from Siwon. He listened to her crying as he backed away from her. He walked over to Leeteuk and knelt down in front of him.

Siwon said, “Forgive me Leeteuk. I went too far.”

Leeteuk looked over at Mi Young and then at Siwon. He put his hand on Siwon’s shoulder and said, “You didn’t have any choice. She wouldn’t back down. You’ll have to go to church and repent.”

Siwon nodded and stood up. He walked over to a tree and knelt down. He put his forehead against it and his hands on the trunk. EXO gasped when they heard him sobbing.

Sungmin looked at Luhan and said, “Siwon, doesn’t like to fight women. I’ve seen him like this many times. He hates to do this. That’s why he knelt in front of Leeteuk. He was waiting to see if Leeteuk will scold or hit him. But, Leeteuk knew that there was no other way.”

Luhan nodded and they watched as Leeteuk walked over to a wounded Mi Young. He heard her crying and he cringed at her back. He knelt down in front of her and put his hand on her head. He brushed her hair away from her face so that he could look at her. But, her eyes were shut and he saw tears streaming down her cheeks.

Mi Young said, “He….He died.”

Leeteuk sighed and said, “I know. He did it to protect you.”

Mi Young said, “It should’ve been me.”

Leeteuk shook his head as he looked at the rubble and said, “No. He only did what a brother would do. He protected his sister.”

Mi Young sniffled and said, “I…I’m sorry….Leeteuk. I’m so sorry.”

Leeteuk sighed and said, “Why are you sorry?”

Mi Young finally opened her eyes and looked up at Leeteuk and said, “Because…I lost it.”

Leeteuk sighed and raised his hand to touch her face when she cringed and covered her head and crying saying, “Don’t hit me anymore. I’m sorry that I lost it. Please….tell everyone to leave.”

Leeteuk was surprised at her body language and he looked over at the others. He spoke through his mind and the others sighed as they walked away. Leeteuk looked back at Mi Young and sighed. He gently took her hands off her head and grabbed her shoulders. He lifted her so that she was sitting up, and Leeteuk brushed off any grass and he smiled at her.

Leeteuk said, “Come on, Mi Young. Your brother wouldn’t want to see you like this. We need to get you patched up.”

Mi Young didn’t say anything as she let Leeteuk help her up. Mi Young hissed in pain as his hand touched her back. They started to walk away from the broken house and as they got closer to the others, Mi Young gasped and pulled away from Leeteuk.

Mi Young cried out and turned her back saying, “Don’t look at me! I’m a monster!” Mi Young fell to her knees as Leeteuk ran to her side and she looked at the house and fell unconscious against Leeteuk.

Leeteuk sighed and looked over at the others and said, “I need some help here. Mi Young just passed out.”

Siwon walked from behind them and knelt down next to Mi Young and picked her up. He looked at Leeteuk and said, “I need to protect her now that her brother is gone.”

Leeteuk nodded and he watched as Siwon walked away along with the others. Leeteuk turned to look at the broken house and he sighed. He turned and walked into the forest, leaving the house to rot alone in the dark.

------------------------------------------

As the rain finally stopped and the clouds cleared, the full moon shone down on the ground. The house was illuminated by the moon. An eerie shadow was cast from the broken house as the shadow crept toward the forest. There were whining and two dogs were sniffing around the house. It was the two Dobermans. They were looking for an opening. Just as the Dobermans got to where the cellar window was, a hand shot out and frightened the dogs. There was hissing and the hand moved.

 

To be continued….

 

What did you think of this chapter? It’s a little longer because I wanted a fight scene between Shane and the vampire and then the fight scene between Siwon and Mi Young.

 

  • So, the vampire kidnapped Mi Young in order to condemn the hybrids to hell. He thinks the hybrids were an abomination.
  • Shane made his last appearance. He sacrificed his life for his sister.
  • Mi Young and Siwon fought and Siwon brutally attacked Mi Young in order for her to stop.
  • Could the vampire be alive?

 

Please leave some feedback on the chapter and let me know what you thought of it.

 

Thanks to everyone who has sent me feedback on the chapters. And if you haven’t already, please upvote the story.

 

And as always…

                                                                                SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!