Chapter 4: Numb

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

       After the music session, Mi Young was sent to her classes and she sat through the lessons the teachers taught. But, these lessons aren’t the normal lessons that schools usually teach. No, the lessons in her classes are about the history of Seoul. Mi Young understood everything about who were the citizens of Seoul and about everything that made up Korea. Her last class talked about mythology. She learned about 2 of the most well-known myths: Vampires and Werewolves. Mi Young was actually surprised that the majority of the students that are in her classes are wanting to be Vampire hunters and Werewolf hunters.

The teacher looked at Mi Young and said, “What would you choose?”

Mi Young looked around the room and then back at the teacher saying, “I would choose neither.”

The class gasped and the teacher cocked his head to the side and said, “That’s interesting. Don’t you believe in Vampires and Werewolves?”

Mi Young shook her head and said, “No. I don’t believe in myths and fairytales.”

The teacher was more intrigued by Mi Young every day. This was surprising as seeing that the legends of the Vampires and Werewolves are still being passed around.

The teacher looked at the clock and said, “When the bell rings, I’ll see you kids here tomorrow.”

The bell rang 10 minutes later, and all the students jumped up and laughed as they were happy to finish school for today. They have some homework, but they want to have some play time. Mi Young slowly put her books away and stood up. She looked over and saw the teacher wiping the blackboard off.

Mi Young walked over to the teacher and said, “Is…Is it wrong that I don’t believe in your myths?”

The teacher stopped and turned around. He smiled at Mi Young and said, “No. It’s not wrong. I’m just fascinated that a girl so young, doesn’t believe in legends and myths.”

Mi Young shrugged and said, “Myths, legends, fairytales were never a part of my life.”

The teacher nodded and said, “Mi Young, may I ask you a question?”

Mi Young nodded and said, “Sure. What is it?”

The teacher sat on the end of his desk and said, “Where are you from? You look Korean, but your features tell me Western.”

Mi Young sighed and knew that this subject would come up eventually and she said, “I can tell you, that I am Korean. I may not look like it, but I can assure you that I am.”

The teacher nodded and was about to say something when he turned to look at the door and he saw Kyungsoo standing there. Mi Young turned to look at him and the teacher said, “Looks like class is dismissed.”

Mi Young bowed to the teacher and walked over to Kyungsoo. She looked at him and said, “What can I do for you, Kyungsoo oppa?”

Kyungsoo shivered a little and said, “Mi Young, I prefer if you call me D.O. and you can drop the oppa part.”

Mi Young was surprised and said, “Really? But, I thought I should as seeing all of you are older than me.”

Kyungsoo shook his head and said, “Yeah, but not all of us, enjoy being called oppa.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “Okay. I understand, D.O.”

D.O. smiled and they walked down the hallway. Mi Young said, “So, what do you usually do after class?”

D.O. shrugged and said, “Well, all twelve of us are meeting up in the cafeteria that is on our floor.”

Mi Young nodded and stopped saying, “Well, then I’ll let you enjoy your meeting.” Mi Young turned down a hallway.

D.O. looked at Mi Young and said, “Would you want to come?”

Mi Young turned and smiled as she shook her head saying, “No. I don’t think it is right that I am allowed up on your floor, and none of the other students aren’t.”

Mi Young walked away and D.O. closed his eyes and sniffed the air. When he opened his eyes, they were yellow. A low growl was heard within his chest and then he heard movement behind him.

D.O. said, “How long have you been standing there?”

The voice said, “Not long.”

D.O. turned around and saw that it was Chen.

Chen smiled and said, “I see that you can smell her too.”

D.O. nodded and said, “Yeah, but I don’t know how to keep myself controlled around her.”

Chen smiled and took hold of D.O.’s elbow and said, “Come on. Kris wants to talk to us.”

D.O. and Chen walked up the stairs and soon they walked into the small cafeteria that only EXO was allowed to use.

Chen closed the door and they sat down in the chairs.

Kris was looking at the others and said, “Okay, let’s talk about the evaluation on the new students. So, far what grade would you give them?”

Luhan sighed and said, “Well, out of the ten, only four of the students are doing really good.”

Kris nodded and said, “Who was one of the four that did really good?”

Luhan looked at them and said, “Mi Young.”

The rest of the time, they were talking about the evaluations, and each time Mi Young’s name was mentioned with how well her grades were.”

Chen said, “Speaking of Mi Young, what do we know about her?”

Xiumin sighed and said, “Absolutely nothing.”

Kris looks at Xiumin and said, “What do you mean?”

Xiumin sighed and said, “I looked up every record of Mi Young and it’s like she doesn’t even exist.”

Luhan looked at Xiumin and said, “But, what about the records for the school?”

Xiumin nodded and said, “We have those records. But, anything else…there’s nothing.”

Kris spoke, “Do you have the copies?”

Xiumin nodded and grabbed his bagpack and opened it. He took out a folder and handed it to Kris.

Kris opened it up and looked at the contents. He saw the registration showing the names of Mi Young’s parents:

                Mother: Suka Young

                Father: Soohyun Young

                Siblings: Brother: Han Se Young

                Sister: Akira Young

Kris looked and saw that Mi Young’s parents came to Korea a year ago. She lived in America her whole life.

Kris looks at everyone and says, “Well, it looks like our Mi Young isn’t from Korea. She’s a Korean-American.”

They looked at each other and D.O. said, “That’s not what Mi Young said.”

Kris looked at him and said, “What do you mean?”

D.O. scratched his head and said, “When I passed by Mi Young’s classroom, I heard her teacher talking to her. He asked if she is really Korean and she told him that she was.”

Lay shrugged and said, “Well, that shouldn’t be something we should worry about. Maybe she wants to keep her life private. We all know how much WE value our privacy.”

The other EXO members nodded and Xiumin looked at Kris saying, “So, what should we do?”

Kris set the folder down and said, “I’m aware that her…aroma has been floating around.”

D.O. sighed and said, “Yeah, I almost couldn’t handle myself standing so close and talking to her.”

Kris nodded and said, “I understand, and you do realize that we can’t show who we are?”

The EXO members nodded and Luhan said, “Her aroma is so powerful, that my inner being couldn’t stand it.”

Chanyeol looked at Luhan and said, “It came out?”

Luhan nodded and hung his head. Kris said, “I had to calm him down before he started to panic.”

Chanyeol looks at Kris and said, “So, what do we do? If her aroma is powerful to change Luhan, and cause Kyungsoo to flip out, what about the rest of us?”

Kris sighed and said, “We’ll, have to find ways to keep ourselves from flipping out. But, in the meantime….” Before Kris could say anything, he heard voices outside. He walked over to the window and saw a group of girls standing around and in the middle was Mi Young.

His eyes turned yellow when he saw one of the girls push Mi Young to the ground. Kris looked at Tao and Baekhyun saying, “Mi Young needs your protection.”

Tao and Baekhyun both stood up and ran out of the room. They ran down stairs and burst outside just in time to see one of the girls slap Mi Young in the face.

Baekhyun pushed the girls away and knelt down next to Mi Young. He gently took her chin and made her look at him. He saw a red mark on her cheek and blood dripping down her lip. Baekhyun looked up at the girls and said, “What has Mi Young done to get this treatment?”

The girls looked at Baekhyun and the leader of the girls says, “She doesn’t belong here.”

Tao stepped forward and said, “And who are you to judge whether she belongs here or not?”

The girl sighed and said, “Tao oppa, we notice how close you are to her, and we don’t want you to get hurt.”

Tao raised an eyebrow and said, “Get hurt? Mi Young hasn’t shown any sign of anger towards us.”

Baekhyun helped Mi Young up and they walked toward the door and Tao said, “I want to make something clear, Mi Young is NOT your charge. She is protected by EXO. If we see this again, Kris will be notified and there will be consequences, understood?”

The girls nodded and Tao started to walk toward Baekhyun when another girl said, “Well, she should take a shower! She smells funny!”

       Tao and Baekhyun both stopped and looked at each other. They looked down at Mi Young who had her head hung and they walked back into the school. Tao helped Mi Young on to his back and they walked up the stairs to the cafeteria. They walked into the room, and Tao set her down on her feet. Mi Young hung her head and wouldn’t look at the members. Baekhyun took her hand and felt her tremble as they walked toward the others. Mi Young could feel EXO’s eyes on her.

       Lay walked over and pulled a chair out. Mi Young sat down and Lay took out some band aids and he held her head up to look at him and he stopped what he was doing and looked at her eyes. Her eyes looked like the depths of the ocean and, the aroma started to seep out of Mi Young. Lay felt like he was being pulled into her eyes as he stared. He saw a beautiful woman with black midnight hair, a sapphire gown, blood red lips and a pale complexion. She was laughing and twirling around a little baby. She stopped her twirling and when she turned to look at Lay, he blinked his eyes and he was again staring at Mi Young’s sapphire eyes.

Mi Young said, “Lay oppa? Are you alright?”

Lay swallowed down a lump in his throat and said, “Y…Yeah, everything is fine. Let’s get you patched up.”

Mi Young smiled after Lay finished stopping the blood from her lip. He stepped away and walked over to Kris and looked at the window and let out a low growl. Kris gripped Lay’s arm to stop him.

Mi Young stood up to leave and turned around saying, “Can I ask all of you a question?”

EXO looked at her and nodded.

Mi Young bit her bottom lip and said, “D…Do you believe in Vampires and Werewolves?”

There was silence in the room, that you could hear a pin drop. Mi Young sighed and said, “Nevermind.”

Mi Young turned and walked out of the cafeteria.

EXO looked at each other and Kai said, “Is it me, or does Mi Young not believe in Vampire and Werewolves?”

Suho nodded and said, “I noticed that myself, but what I noticed even more was Lay.”

Kris turned to Lay and said, “What was going on?”

Lay shrugged and said, “I don’t know. It was almost like I was being into some weird world.”

Luhan said, “Hey, me too.”

Xiumin said, “So, something DID happen in the music room?”

Luhan nodded and said, “Yeah, but I didn’t want to sound like I was going crazy. Now that I hear it from Lay, I had something do that to me too.”

Suho sighed and said, “You do realize, that while Mi Young is here, the other students might go after her more.”

Tao nodded and said, “Yeah, and are you sure that the other students aren’t what we are?”

Suho shook his head and said, “No. Why?”

Baekhyun sighed and said, “The girls who attacked Mi Young said that she ‘smelled funny.’”

Suho shrugged and said, “I don’t know. It could be anything.”

       EXO decided to call it a day and they roamed around the school and checked to make sure that the students were in bed. Xiumin was walking around and he stopped on the bottom level and he walked toward the pool room and looked outside. He gasped as he stood fixed at his spot. There in the forest he saw something bright. He opened the door next to the window and walked outside. He looked up and saw a bright full moon. There walking through the forest was a woman. She had black midnight hair, blood red lips and a pale complexion. Her gown was a sapphire color. When she looked at Xiumin, his eyes went wide and he stumbled back into the school and locked the door. He ran down the hall and bumped right into Chanyeol.

Chanyeol laughed and said, “Xiumin, what’s wrong? Looks like you saw a ghost.”

Xiumin’s eyes turned yellow as he looked at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol looked outside and at the moonlight and said, “You saw her.”

 

To be continued…

My 4th update and I can't believe it. I'm loving this story.

 

So, what did you think of the chapter?

Please leave some feedback on what you thought of the chapter.

 

Can the students “smell” Mi Young?

What are the flashbacks that Lay and Luhan saw while being around Mi Young?

Who is the woman that is walking in the forest?

Why would Xiumin be afraid?

 

Thank you for taking the time to read this chapter.

 

As always….

                               

                           SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!!!