Chapter 35 - Can't U See

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

               It was silent in the music room. EXO, VIXX and Mi Young were sitting around and looking solemn. You could hear a pin drop in the room. They were mourning their Alpha, Kris Wu. He fought Rain and was seriously wounded. If Kris wasn’t brought to them at once, Kris would’ve died. They were shocked to see a bleeding and battered Kris leaning against the door to the music room, when Chanyeol opened it up. Baekhyun and Luhan had to be put in a different room for fear of nightmares after seeing their precious Alpha.

               Lay immediately ran to get a stretcher and bring it to the music room. They strapped Kris on it, and Lay, along with Suho, N and Ken all went with Lay to the medical facility. Lay had Kris put on the bed and he started to strip off Kris’s shirt. He gasped as he looked at the serious wounds littering Kris’s chest and stomach. He moved Kris so that he could look at his back and saw a serious wound on his shoulder. Lay sent Suho away immediately, so that Suho won’t see the sorry state the Alpha was in.

After the examination, Lay looked at the clock and then at N saying, “It’s going to take about seven hours to repair the damage. You might as well go and take Ken with you. Let everyone know that I’ll let you know how everything is.”

N looked at Lay and said, “Are you sure? Won’t you need any help?”

Lay smirked and shook his head saying, “Not really. I have my own helpers.”

Lay looked toward the doorway where his office is and there stood three nurses and two doctors all standing there waiting to help.

N looked at Lay and said, “Are they…?”

Lay smirked again and said, “All five of them are vampires and werewolves. They know pretty much about everyone.”

N nodded and bowed to the team of medical professionals. N looked at Ken and noticed that his eyes were red. N knew instantly what that meant. The smell and look of blood can bother vampires if they haven’t had their fill yet.

N grabbed Ken’s elbow and pulled him out of the room. He closed the door and pushed Ken against the wall, causing Ken to pull out of his trance.

Ken said, “What the hell, N hyung?”

N glared at Ken and said, “You were ready to pounce on Kris.”

Ken sighed and said, “I’m sorry. I just haven’t eaten yet, and I’m nervous.”

N nodded and said, “I know. Come, let’s get us and VIXX something to eat, and I’ll tell the others what the outcome is with Kris hyung.”

Ken bit his bottom lip and said, “Is Kris hyung going to die?”

N shook his head and said, “No. He’s a werewolf. He’s too strong to die.”

Ken sighed and said, “I hope so.”

N put his arm around Ken’s shoulder and they started to walk back to the music room. When they turned the corner, N looked toward the medical room and thought, I hope he pulls through too.

N and Ken walked into the music room carrying three bags. N walked over to VIXX and handed them each a packet. Ken walked over to EXO and gave them some bags of chips, candy bars and Danishes so they wouldn’t be hungry. VIXX sat on the floor in a circle and started to on the packets of blood that N had gotten.

As they were eating, Suho stood up from his chair and walked over to N. He knelt down next to N and started to talk softly, while EXO looked over confused.

Suho whispered, “So N hyung, what’s the outcome with Kris hyung?”

N swallowed the blood he had in his mouth and said, “I’ll let everyone know after we’re done. Go back and sit down, Suho…please.”

Suho sighed when he was told to leave, but Suho knew that N will tell them. He was just feeling scared with how N spoke. Suho knew that Kris wasn’t doing too well.

VIXX finally finished their packets and they stood up. EXO could see VIXX looked very refreshed after having their break. N wiped his mouth and looked at EXO. He looked at s and without saying a word, they went to sit down by EXO.

N sighed and said, “I know yesterday was very hard after trying to save Mi Young, Chanyeol and Hongbin. But, now we have a bigger problem. It’s Kris. I was informed by Lay that his surgery will take about seven hours to finish.”

EXO all looked at each other and Luhan put his chair next to Sehun and held his hand. Sehun put his arm around Luhan and tried to comfort him. Baekhyun had tears in his eyes and Chanyeol walked over and put his chair next to Baekhyun, and tried to comfort him.

Suho spoke, “Is his wounds that bad?”

N nodded and said, “Yes. The wounds that he has is life threatening. Lay wanted me to come here and let you know how long it’s going to take. Plus he says, to not worry, Kris will pull through.”

Ken looked at N and knew instantly with the way N’s voice changed a little, he knew that what N just said wasn’t something Lay said. But, he let it go. It’s not the time to critique the leader.

Mi Young said, “Is Kris oppa going to die?”

N looks at Mi Young and for a few minutes didn’t say anything and then he smiled saying, “No. Kris is a werewolf. It’s not his time to go. We just need to be there for him when he comes back to us.”

Suho said, “When will we be able to see Kris hyung?”

N said, “Lay told me that he’ll have one of his team come to let us know how the progress is and if we’ll be able to see him.”

EXO and VIXX all hung their heads when they heard a voice speak up. They looked over and saw Mi Young standing up and looking at the floor. They could tell that she was crying from the emotion in her voice.

Mi Young bowed and said, “Mianhe, it’s my fault that this all happened. If I was never accepted in this school, none of this would’ve happened.”

Suho stood up and walked over to Mi Young and put his hands on her shoulders. He felt her flinch and he sighed saying, “Mi Young, don’t say that. It’s not your fault.”

Mi Young lifted her head and they saw her eyes were red and tears were running down her face. She glared at Suho and said, “How can you say it’s NOT MY FAULT?! Kris oppa is on HIS deathbed right now and you want me to believe that it’s NOT because of ME?!”

               Suho sighed and said, “Mi Young, when you came to this school, none of us knew anything about you. We thought you were just an ordinary female student. Little did we know, that you were VERY special to us. If this was like a regular school, I could see that you would be kicked out, but here….this school doesn’t discriminate against us or the other kids. EXO and VIXX vowed to protect you, even before we met your brother. So, please, don’t think any of this is your fault. You weren’t the one that chose to be a Hybrid.”

Mi Young sniffled and Suho wrapped his arms around her as he heard her sobbing against his shoulder. He could feel her shoulders shaking at how hard she was crying. Suho had a feeling that a lot of this was built up after seeing her brother, and then seeing Shane die in the house. Mi Young has a habit of keeping her feelings inside, which could be dangerous…even for a Hybrid.

Luhan looked at N and said, “So, what do we do now?”

N shrugged and looked at the clock saying, “I guess all we do now is wait.”

And that is just what they did. For the next seven hours, EXO, VIXX and Mi Young waited in the music room. Suho put a bunch of blankets together and put them on the floor and had Mi Young lay down. She was exhausted after crying her heart out on Suho’s shoulder.

After Mi Young fell asleep, EXO and VIXX walked to the other side of the music room to talk. Suho didn’t want to wake up Mi Young. Suddenly, the door opened and in walked a nurse. She walked down the aisle and over to where EXO and VIXX were standing. They were watching her and didn’t see any signs of emotion on the nurse’s face, which could mean only one thing.

The nurse stopped and looked at EXO and VIXX. There was silence and then she smiled saying, “The surgery went smoothly. Kris is going to be alright.”

Everyone breathed a sigh of relief and Suho said, “Can we see him?”

The nurse said, “Lay said that Kris needs his rest, but if you want to see him. Lay wants to talk to all of you first.”

Suho nodded and walked away from the nurse. He knelt down next to Mi Young and told her the good news. She jumped up with a smile on her face. The nurse led EXO, VIXX and Mi Young to the infirmary and instead of going to see Kris, she led them to his office. They all stood in the room, as Lay was sitting at his desk.

Lay looked up and said, “I’m glad to see that Kris hyung is going to survive another day. The surgery was very emotional, but I was able to patch him up. He’ll be doing a lot of healing.”

EXO smiled and then Suho asked, “Lay, what’s the reason you needed to see all of us here?”

Lay sighed and looked at an x-ray that was lying on his desk. He picked it up and turned it around so that everyone can see it and placed it on the edge of his desk.

Lay said, “This was the inside of Kris hyung’s chest. As you can see he had a lot of broken bones, some of his ribs were broken. His lungs were punctured and a piece of a bone almost struck his heart. This is what we have to deal with when any of us meet Rain hyung.”

Everyone gasped at the sight and couldn’t imagine how much pain Kris was going through while battling Rain. The x-ray was such a mess. It was hard to see where Kris’s organs were, with all the bone fragments littering his chest.

Chen spoke, “Aside from the x-ray, what I can’t understand is who brought Kris hyung to us? We didn’t see any footprints. If it was Rain hyung, why didn’t he just finish Kris hyung off?”

Mi Young spoke, “Someone stopped him.”

Everyone looked at Mi Young. Lay said, “What do you mean, Mi Young?”

Mi Young looked at Lay and said, “When I was in the forest with the Blue Lady, she would constantly talk about a bunch of wolves that were higher than even the Alpha. She mentioned that everyone including the Hybrids, need to fear and respect them.” Mi Young looked at Lay and said, “Could one of those higher wolves have come and stopped Rain from killing Kris?”

N shook his head and said, “Not likely. If I remember the wolf history, the high wolf counsel doesn’t leave their den. They have never left and no one really has any idea of what they look like.”

Mi Young said, “But, if no one has seen them, then how can you fear them? Who’s to say that they even exist?”

Suho looked at Mi Young and said, “Oh, believe me Mi Young, they DO exist. Every one of us have felt and heard of the high wolf counsel coming to the villages. It doesn’t happen all the time. But, they usually only go out, when they want something.”

Hongbin walked over to Mi Young and said, “They want Mi Young.”

Mi Young swallowed and looked at everyone. She said, “But, I don’t want to go with anyone. I want to stay here.”

Suho nodded and said, “And you will. We aren’t going to hand you over to anyone. You belong to the school and to…us.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “Thank you Suho. But, you the rest of EXO and VIXX can’t fight against the higher council or Rain. This hurts me that Kris is hurt because of this.”

Lay sighed and said, “Mi Young, Kris hyung is the Alpha. He is the one to protect the pack and the school. It’s his job, so if it means that he’ll have to give his life for it, then so be it. No matter how wrong that is. That’s what it means to be an Alpha.”

Lay walked over to the door and turned around saying, “Anyway, would you all like to see Kris hyung?”

               Everyone nodded their heads as they walked out of the room and into Kris’s room. They didn’t have any words to say as they looked at their Alpha and friend laying in the bed with bandages on his head and covering his chest. Suho felt tears in his eyes as he looked at his Alpha. Kris looked pale and hardly lifelike. Suho hoped that Kris would sit up and laugh with them. But, right now Kris is in critical condition even though Lay made sure that Kris is on his way to recovery.

               Mi Young stood there and looked at Kris and then she walked out of the room. All eyes turned toward Mi Young’s retreating figure. They all looked at each other and then back at Kris. Suho sighed and turned toward the door where Mi Young walked out of. Suho opened the door and looked down the hallway on both sides. He didn’t see Mi Young, then he looked straight ahead and saw her standing and looking out the window. Suho sighed and closed the door as he quietly walked toward Mi Young. He stood next to her looking outside and then he looked at her.

Mi Young was looking outside and not looking at Suho, but she could sense Suho standing next to her. Mi Young sniffled and said, “I’m sorry Suho. I couldn’t bear to see Kris lying in that bed. It hits too close to home.”

Suho nodded and said, “I understand.”

Mi Young snickered while looking outside and said, “What do you understand? You know nothing about Hybrids. EXO has ALL the knowledge of Werewolves, VIXX has all the knowledge of Vampires, but I must have some knowledge of Hybrids, yet I don’t. I have powers, but I’ll never be like any of you.”

Suho touched her arm which he felt her flinch and he said, “Don’t say that. You’re like us, more than you know.”

Mi Young looked at him and said, “No. I’m nothing like EXO or like VIXX. I’m a combination of both of you. A monstrosity…is a better word.”

Suho narrowed his eyes at Mi Young and said, “If you keep calling yourself a monstrosity and a freak, that’s all you’ll ever be known as. EXO and VIXX see Mi Young, a bright young girl who needs help and has special powers. That’s what WE see. By you belittling yourself, you’re making the higher counsel and Rain win.”

Suho looked outside again and said, “If you think of yourself as a freak, then understand that by saying that you’re also calling EXO and VIXX freaks too. Remember, you ARE both EXO and VIXX. But, also remember, that you’re hurting Kris hyung, by calling us names. He has been trying to protect us from bullying and people trying to hurt us. Kris hyung, cares for you, even if you don’t see it.”

Mi Young looks at Suho and says, “He does?”

Suho nods and says, “Yeah. He’s taken the responsibility to another level, by wanting to take care of you, even after the death of your brother.”

Mi Young said, “He told you that?”

Suho nods and says, “Kris hyung tells me more than anyone else. But, I make sure not to tell anyone. As an Alpha, he feels it’s his responsibility to take care of everyone. Especially, the ones that has special powers.”

Mi Young looked back out the window and Suho was about to turn away when he said, “I want you to think about something. If you are thinking about leaving the school, understand one thing. Once you leave, you’re on your own. We can not protect you in the real world, only in the school, unless we go with you. Being by yourself can be dangerous, and no one knows what can happen. Right now, you’re safe here in the school.”

Suho walked back to the door and turned to look at Mi Young and then he opened the door and walked back into the infirmary.

Mi Young stood at the window and looking toward the forest. Mi Young had many things going on in her mind. Especially about seeing Kris laid up on the bed. Mi Young knows it’s her fault, but Suho is trying his best to keep her from calling herself a freak. Mi Young watched as the Blue Lady walks to the edge of the forest and is standing there looking at Mi Young, while Mi Young stares at the Blue Lady.

Mi Young is battling in her head and in her heart on whether she should stay and be protected by EXO and VIXX, or take a chance at risking her life out in the real world, where someone could kill her. Mi Young turned and looked at the door once again and sighed.

 

To be continued….

I want to apologize for a long delay in writing the chapter. Been dealing with school, work and my dad doing repairs in our living room. So, I finally got the chance to write this chapter. I can’t believe that I’m at Chapter 35 already.

So, what did you think of this chapter?

 

Let’s see what happened again:

  • Kris was put into surgery for the many wounds that Rain gave him.
  • Mi Young blames herself for what Kris went through with Rain.
  • Suho mentions that Kris takes the Alpha responsibility seriously.
  • Mi Young is trying to figure out what she should do.

What do you think might happen? You think that Mi Young will stay with EXO and VIXX, or will she run and risk getting herself killed? You’ll see in the next chapter.

Thanks to everyone who stayed with the story and waited patiently. We’ll be getting to the end of the story eventually. If anyone has read Chapter 34, has anyone guess what the ring the higher up wolf was wearing?

Thanks for reading my story…

And as always….

 

 

                                                              SUBSCRIBE…COMMENT…and UPVOTE!