Chapter 34 - Round 1

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

EXO and VIXX regrouped in the music room and they were busy trying to figure out how to get both Hongbin and Mi Young away from Rain. Everyone was all talking at once and Kai was trying to say something but no one heard him.

Finally after trying countless times to get EXO and VIXX’s attention, Kai screamed and everyone shut up. They looked at Kai and he smiled. Kai said, “Now that we know that they could be held in the basement of the school, why don’t I go and teleport there and see for myself?”

Suho shook his head and said, “No. We don’t know if Rain hyung is waiting for you to come by and he could grab you as well. Out of the question, Kai.”

Kai looked at Kris and said, “Hyung, please?”

Kris looked at Kai and then at everyone else and then back to Kai saying, “You can go. But…”

Kai was so happy, but then he looked at Kris and said, “But what?”

Kris said, “Chanyeol is going with you.”

Kai looked at Chanyeol and then at Kris saying, “What? Hyung, I can take care of myself. I don’t need Chanyeol hyung with me.”

Kris stood up and said, “Suho is right. What happens if Rain catches you and then locks you up as well. You could be seriously hurt in the process. No, you either go with Chanyeol or you don’t go at all. It’s your choice Kai.”

Kai sighed and looked at Chanyeol. Then he looked at Kris and said, “Alright, Chanyeol hyung can tag along.”

Kris nods and looks at Chanyeol saying, “I don’t want either of you to stay down there for too long. Look to see where Hongbin and Mi Young are, and then come back.” Chanyeol nods.

Kris looks at Kai and says, “I mean it Kai. I do NOT want you to stay down there longer than you have to be. Take a look where they are, and then come back. Do I make myself clear?”

Kai nods and says, “Yes, hyung. I understand.”

Kris nods and says, “Okay.”

A few hours later, Chanyeol and Kai were standing in the middle of the floor while EXO and VIXX were sitting in a circle around them. Kai breathed in and then out, he grabbed Chanyeol’s hand and Kai looks at his fellow members and the VIXX members. Then he snapped his fingers and both Chanyeol and Kai disappeared.

School Basement:

               When Kai and Chanyeol appeared in the basement of their school, they were surprised at how dark it was down there. Kai and Chanyeol held hands so they won’t be separated. Chanyeol lifted his right hand and snapped his finger. A flame appeared and he looked around the room. They noticed that it was a storage room. Kai kept his mouth shut and pointed to a door. They saw a light underneath the door. Chanyeol nodded and they softly walked over to the door. Chanyeol extinguished his flame and he slightly opened the door. They could hear talking down the hall. They noticed that lights were on and Chanyeol looked at Kai.

They walked out of the storage room and followed the voice down the hall. They had to make it down the hall quickly, so as to not be detected. They finally got to a door that was half way closed. Chanyeol opened it slightly and they heard a male voice inside. Chanyeol motioned for Kai to follow.

They followed the voice and they stood behind a wall. They peeked around the side and saw Rain standing in the middle of a room. They noticed on the left side was Hongbin and it appears that he is locked in a cage. On the right side of Rain was another cage and it held Mi Young. Chanyeol and Kai looked at each other.

Rain said, “Hybrid, you are a very special creature. I have been looking for all kinds of hybrids, and it seems like you might be the only one around.”

Hongbin gritted his teeth and said, “Why don’t you just let her go. She’s just a girl.”

Rain looked at Hongbin and said, “Oh, come on. Like you haven’t been wanting to find out more about the hybrid.”

Hongbin shook his head and said, “No. I don’t.”

Rain laughed and said, “The hybrid became your lover, and you don’t want to know more about her? That’s classic.”

Hongbin rattled the cage and said, “You can’t keep us here.”

Rain walked over to where Hongbin is and said, “True. But, I’m not planning on keeping you both here long.”

Hongbin said, “What are you planning on doing to us?”

Rain shrugged and said, “I don’t know. I might take the hybrid with me, and kill you.”

Hongbin bit his bottom lip and he heard Rain laugh. Rain said, “Awww, the poor vampire doesn’t have anything to say? I thought vampires are very smart? Apparently not.”

Hongbin looked at Mi Young and then at Rain saying, “You are a monster.”

Rain knelt down in front of Hongbin’s cage and said, “The only monster I see is the one sitting in the cage behind me. Hybrids were never supposed to be allowed to live. To allow a hybrid to live and breed is a torture against nature.”

Hongbin sighed and said, “You are crazy. You know that EXO and VIXX will be after you.”

Rain nodded and said, “I know. But, I also know that once I kill you and take the hybrid, your little friends won’t even know where I went too.”

Hongbin sat on the floor of his cage and glared at Rain. Mi Young stared at Rain.

Rain knelt down in front of Mi Young’s cage and said, “If you let me out, I WILL kill you.”

Rain nodded and said, “I know. That’s why I’m not going to let you out, without some help.”

Rain snapped his fingers and three male students walked in. Mi Young recognized them as have been her friends, but now they are her enemies.

Rain saw the look on her face and said, “Aww, do you remember them, hybrid? They were your friends, weren’t they? Well, now they don’t want to have anything to do with a hybrid. They want to get rid of you, as much as I do.”

Mi Young rattled her cage and she said, “You are so dead, RAIN!”

Rain laughed and he continued to talk to them, while Chanyeol and Kai were sitting behind the wall.

Chanyeol whispered and said, “Kai, go back to the others and tell them what is going on.”

Kai shook his head and whispered, “What? No. I’m not leaving you, hyung.”

Chanyeol sighed and said, “Kai, you have too. Go back and tell them.”

Kai shook his head and said, “Hyung, I can’t. I won’t be able to forgive myself if something should happen to you.”

Chanyeol sighed and he put a hand on Kai’s cheek and said, “Nothing is going to happen. Just do as hyung says…and go tell the others. Tell them where the cages are. Go, Kai.”

Kai sighs and stands up quietly. He walks over to the door and slips out of the room. He snaps his fingers and he is suddenly back in the music room.

The others were busy talking to each other when D.O saw Kai.

They ran over and Suho said, “Kai, where’s Chanyeol?”

Kai sighed and said, “Chanyeol hyung told me to come and get you. We found Hongbin hyung and Mi Young. Chanyeol hyung wants all of you to come down stairs to the basement.”

Suho looks at Kris and they nod.

Kai said, “I haven’t taken down more than one person. I don’t know if I can bring all of you at the same time. We’ll see.”

               Everyone held hands as Kai held D.O and Sehun’s hands. Kai moved his hand out of Sehun’s hold and allowed Sehun to hold onto his wrist. Kai breathed in deeply and snapped his fingers. Nothing happened. Kai sighed and closed his eyes tightly as he snapped his fingers again and suddenly everyone disappeared. They arrived in a dark room. They heard a body fall to the floor. Baekhyun snapped his fingers and a light appeared. They looked around to figure out who fell, when they looked to the floor and saw Kai laying on the floor. He was sweating and panting heavily.

Suho knelt down and said, “Kai, are you alright?”

Kai groaned and said, “I used too much of my energy. I’m drained right now.”

Suho sighed and said, “Okay.” Suho stood up and saw some blankets that were folded and he took them and knelt next to Kai and put the blankets under Kai’s head. Suho said, “Just relax. We’ll get Hongbin and Mi Young out.”

Kai grabbed Suho’s arm as Suho was standing up. Kai said, “Please don’t leave me alone.”

Suho sighed and said, “It’s fine. You’ll be alright.”

Kai shook his head and said, “Please, I don’t want to be by myself.”

N spoke, “Suho, go. Hyuk and I will stay here with him. Take Ken and Leo.”

Suho looks at Ken and Leo as he looks at the other VIXX members. He nods and pats Kai on the shoulder. EXO stands up and walks over to the door. Baekhyun extinguishes his light and they quietly walk out of the room. They follow the talking and soon they come to a door. They open the door and hear a male talking.

They walk in but don’t see Chanyeol anywhere. They heard groaning and blood on the floor. They look up and see Rain standing in the middle with Chanyeol laying at his feet.

Rain said, “I was wondering when you guys were going to get here. I found this piece of garbage trying to fight me. But, this poor puppy was no match against me.”

D.O cried out, “Chanyeol hyung!”

Lay held D.O back.

Rain laughed and said, “What I’m trying to figure out is how he got here undetected. Hmmm, I wonder if it was Kai. By the way, where is Kai?”

Suho spoke up, “Don’t worry about Kai. Right now, we are here to bring back our friends.”

Rain put a foot on Chanyeol’s back and said, “I’d like to know first, how in the world did a group of wolves, become friends with a group of vampires?”

Sehun growled and said, “Wouldn’t you like to know.”

Rain glared at Sehun and said, “Yeah, I DO want to know.”

Ken spoke, “We’re not going to tell you. That’s between EXO and us.”

Rain sighed and said, “What a pity. I’ve always wanted to know how werewolves and vampires were to become friends. For generations, they have been sworn enemies.” Rain looks at Mi Young and said, “I wonder if it was the hybrid that brought them together.”

Kris spoke, “Rain hyung, let Chanyeol, Hongbin and Mi Young go.”

Rain shakes his head and said, “No. Unless you want to take their place…then I’ll let them go.”

Kris looks at everyone and then at Rain. Rain said, “I guess not. It’s not easy to get the Alpha to take over when his pack is in danger.”

Kris said, “Rain hyung, I’m warning you. Don’t go any further with them.”

Rain laughed and said, “Well, unfortunately I can’t do that. You know very well, Kris that the hybrid has to be taken to the Higher Court.”

Kris says, “You don’t have too.”

Rain laughs again and says, “I’m not like you, Kris. I take my job seriously. I’m not about to give up everything just so that the hybrid can continue to live.”

Kris says, “Fine. If you won’t give them back to us quietly, then we’ll have to fight you for them.”

Rain smirked and said, “I would love to have a fight…especially with the Alpha wolf.”

Kris growled and lunged at Rain but at that same second, Rain snapped his fingers and the whole picture changed. Rain stepped out of the way as Kris charged and he fell to the ground. He stood up and looked around. They were standing outside. Kris looked behind him and saw the forest, he looked back at Rain.

Outside, past the forest:

Kris said, “Rain hyung? What are you doing?”

Rain smirked and said, “I want to have an especially enjoyable fight with an Alpha wolf.”

Kris stepped back. Kris knows that he’s no match against Rain. Rain could easily kill Kris without using too much effort.

Rain waited to see what Kris is going to do. When Kris didn’t make a move, Rain took advantage of it. He struck at Kris so fast, that Kris didn’t even see him standing directly in front of him, until he felt the pain in his chest. Kris was thrown a few feet away and when he moved he felt pain in his chest, just right over his heart.

Kris stood up and Rain smirked. Rain used his stealth abilities and charged at Kris throwing him a few feet away. Kris landed on the ground hard kicking up dust. Kris laid on the ground coughing from the wind being knocked out of him, and the dust that kicked up when he landed on the loose dirt.

Rain looked at Kris and said, “You are pathetic. You call yourself an Alpha Wolf. You can’t even fight me. What a pity. I wonder if Suho will be the next Alpha when you are killed.”

Kris glared at Rain and said, “Don’t worry, Suho won’t have to take that responsibility yet.”

Rain smirked when he saw Kris stand up slowly. Rain watched as Kris stood up and Rain suddenly changed into a black wolf with yellow eyes. Kris turned into a grey and white wolf with blue eyes. Both wolves lunged at each other and fought tooth and nail. They hung onto each other and bit at each other, while dust was being kicked up in the process.

               Kris and Rain attacked each other time and time again when Kris’s fur was starting to show red. Blood was turning his beautiful white and grey coat red. Rain, on the other hand, had very few cuts. Rain watched as Kris started turning back to human and that’s when Rain lunged. He jumped and bit hard into Kris’s shoulder. Kris cried out in pain as he fell to the ground, Rain standing on his back, with his sharp teeth embedded in Kris’s right shoulder. Kris was so exhausted that he couldn’t move to defend himself. He just laid there with Rain biting harder into his flesh. Kris could feel the blood running down his arm and shoulder but he didn’t care. The pain was becoming unbearable. Kris was slowly losing consciousness and he looked out toward a field and he saw black dots in his eyes. He knew that he was going to die and he couldn’t even help Mi Young.

               Just as Rain let go of Kris’s shoulder and was about to go after the muscle and tendons, when he was suddenly thrown backwards. Rain rolled over and got on his four legs and started to growl at the intruder. Rain looked and saw a man standing a few feet away from Kris. The man had a black mask with a black feather attached to the right side. The man had on a long black coat and short brown hair pulled back. Rain looked at the man’s hands and he noticed the man was using a cane. Rain narrowed his eyes to look at the cane better and quickly turned back into a human.

Rain stood up and walked over to Kris’s body and looked at the man and said, “What are you doing here?”

The man didn’t say anything for some time. Rain was becoming impatient and agitated.

Rain said, “Come on! What’s the reason you came here and bothered me while I was in a fight?”

The man finally spoke. His voice was very low, almost hard to hear with human ears. His voice also held a lot of respect that vampires and werewolves had to give to this man.

The man said, “It is but unfair for a werewolf, such as yourself, to be trying to kill this helpless creature.”

Rain looked down and then at the man saying, “Helpless creature? Do you even know who this is?” Rain kicked Kris’s side roughly and said, “This is supposed to be the famous Wu Yi Fan, also known as Kris, who is a werewolf. But, as you can see, he’s nothing more than food for the birds.”

The man glared at Rain, who quickly looked away. The man said, “Wu Yi Fan is a legend in China. He is the Alpha of one of the most well-known wolf pack.”

Rain shrugged and looked at the man saying, “Yeah, so? He didn’t last long.”

The man was silent again and looked down at the bleeding Kris. He looked at Rain and said, “Where’s the hybrid?”

Rain was taken aback at the direct questioning about Mi Young.

Rain said, “What? Who are you?”

The man never moved from his spot and he gripped his cane a little tighter which Rain quickly looked at the ring on the man’s ring finger. The ring was black onyx, and a five pointed star laden in gold was on it. Rain looked up at the man’s eyes and soon realized who he looking at.

Rain quickly took a few steps back and bowed saying, “My apologies. I was not aware that the Higher Court was sending anyone.”

The man looked at the bowing Rain and said, “The Higher Court was getting tired of this chasing around. They know how much you despise Wu Yi Fan, but you had your orders, Rain.”

Rain stood up and nodded saying, “Yes sir. I will do that right now.”

The man held up a hand and said, “Forget it. The hybrid has been freed. You will have to do your job again, Rain.”

Rain looked at the man and said, “I know. I will go after the hybrid.”

The man looked at Kris and then at Rain saying, “You will have to answer to the Higher Court. The Chinese Court was not pleased to see their beloved Alpha thrown around like a rag doll.”

Rain gritted his teeth and said, “Well, then their beloved Alpha should’ve never come to Korea.”

The man made no emotion as he looked at Rain. He said, “I would bite your tongue, Rain. Remember, that wherever I go, I bring a scripter with me. Do you really want your words written down so that they can be used against you, later?”

Rain looked at the ground and said, “No, sir. My apologies. I was out of line.”

               The man waved his hand and a young man walked out from behind the man. He was holding a quill pen and parchment. The young man had a collar around his neck, and a leash was connected, and the man was holding onto the end of the leash. The young man was thin and very tall. The young man was a little taller than the man. The young man didn’t say a word as he looked at the man and then at Rain. He looked back at the man, and the man shook his head. The young man bowed and slowly walked back behind the man.

Rain said, “I will be watching the hybrid and when it’s the right time, I will make my move.”

The man looked at Rain and said, “If you can’t get the hybrid, I want the one who has fallen for her.”

Rain smirked and said, “You want Hongbin instead?”

The man said, “The Higher Court will still want the hybrid, but for now, they will settle on her lover.”

Rain said, “I will try and get the hybrid, but if not, I will bring you Hongbin.”

The man said, “Do you job, Rain. When you accomplish your task of bringing the lover and the hybrid, I will make sure you are awarded.”

Rain nodded and bowed saying, “Thank you, sir.”

The man looked up at the sky and saw clouds were moving in. He looked at Rain and said, “I will be back later in the month to see your progress. In the meantime, take him and bring him back to the others.”

Rain looked down at Kris and then at the man saying, “You want me to bring him back to the monsters? Why?”

The man narrowed his eyes and said, “As I said before, Rain….Yi Fan is a highly regarded Chinese Alpha. Show him and the Chinese Court some respect. Take him before it starts to rain.”

Rain looked down at Kris and then looked up. He was surprised to see the man and his scripter have disappeared. Rain sighed and looked down at Kris. He could tell that Kris was still alive, but losing more blood by the minute. Rain growled and bent down. He threw Kris over his left shoulder and walked back toward the school.

Back in the school:

The students have since went into their dorms, so the hallways will have been empty. Rain walked into the school and up the stairs. He walked toward the music room and he heard voices inside. He knew EXO and VIXX were talking inside. He set Kris against the door not too lightly. He squatted down and looked at a pale Kris.

Rain said, “Kris, I would’ve killed you, if HE didn’t interfere. But, as seen you are highly regarded in Chinese, I have to obey and leave you with your members. But, understand, that once I have handed over Hongbin and the hybrid to the Higher Court, your life will be void. So consider this…Round 1.”

               Rain stood up and knocked on the door, then he disappeared. There was no noise coming toward the door, when suddenly the door was opened from the inside, and Kris fell backwards. There were cries of shock coming from the people in the room. Rain watched as they pulled Kris’s bloody body into the room. Rain came out from a dark corner and stepped on the bloody patches that was made from Kris. The blood slowly disappeared. He walked all the way to the door leading outside and all the blood stains have vanished. Rain’s eyes turned yellow as he growled and his lips. He could still taste Kris’s blood on his lips.

 

To be continued….

So, what did you think of this chapter? There are a LOT of things that happened in this chapter.

  • Kai used his transportation power, but never to bring down a bunch of people. It exhausted him.
  • Rain had Mi Young the whole time and even captured Hongbin.
  • Kris fights with Rain and almost gets himself killed.
  • Who is this man that just showed up? What does this man hold to make Rain respect him?
  • The man has a Scripter, not only to write down what is being said and done, but also as a pet.
  • Kris is highly regarded in China, so Kris demands respect. Rain must give him the respect.
  • Who really is in the Higher Court? Why do they want Hongbin, if Mi Young can’t be captured?

 

I know it was a little late to add a new character, but for some reason I had this idea to add this shadowy character in and make Rain respect this person. It seems like this man is part of the Higher Court, and he keeps Rain on a tight leash. Speaking of leash, this man has his own pet, and also a Scripter. A Scripter basically is a person who writes down what a person says or actions, in this case the young man was jotting down what Rain sarcastically said to the man. The man scolded Rain and withdrew the words and actions from the paper that Rain said.

I was watching some videos and this thought came up with having this man as one of the Higher Court. Can anyone guess who this shadowy man is? And who the Scripter could be? I gave a hint in the story. You’ll have to find it and leave some feedback on who you think the man and Scripter are. Plus, it also would be nice if you could let me know what you think of the story and chapter.

I want to thank everyone who has stayed on and waited for this chapter. I would appreciate if you could go and vote for the name of the story. If you prefer the name My Immortal, go to the voting link and write down that you would rather keep the title My Immortal. Upvote my story would make me happy as well.

And as always….

 

             

SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT and UPVOTE!!!