Chapter 24 - Too Late

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

               It’s been 3 days now, since Mi Young’s soul came back to her. She’s been sleeping on and off, but Lay is never too far away. He’s always checking up on her and making sure that she eats when she’s awake and comfy when she’s sleeping. EXO won’t veer away from where Mi Young was sleeping. They need to protect her even more now since they found out that the Creator is looking for the hybrid. Kris even came up with the realization that Shane’s death could’ve been made by the Creator.

The 4th day of Mi Young staying in the nurses’ office, and Mi Young woke up. She opened her eyes and looked around. It was quiet and dark. Mi Young sat up and stretched. She got off the bed and started to look around. She didn’t see Lay or anyone in the office. Mi Young walked over to the door and opened it. She didn’t see anyone, so Mi Young decided to venture out and see where VIXX and EXO were hiding.

Mi Young walked down the hall and as she walked closer to the music room, she heard voices. She could tell that some of them were getting upset because the tone and pitch in the voices would rise and fall. Mi Young walked closer until she opened the door a little and listened to the voices and what they were saying.

Lay was pacing around and he said, “Kris, we have to find a way to protect Mi Young. She’s still a girl.”

Kris looked at Lay and said, “I know she’s a girl. But, remember Lay…she’s also a hybrid. The same hybrid the Creator is looking for.”

Lay stopped and looked at Kris saying, “I know. But, we can’t think about what could possibly happen to Mi Young. We have to figure out how to keep her from finding out about the Creator and what they can do.”

Xiumin leaned back in his chair and said, “Oh, we already know what the Creator can do, and believe me it’s NOT pretty.”

Hongbin spoke, “Well, I know I’m in for protecting the princess.”

Leo scoffed and said, “Of course you would Hongbin, you have a soft spot for the princess. You’d go anywhere for her.”

Hongbin blushed and pushed Leo off the chair and said, “I do NOT!”

Leo laid on the floor and laughed. VIXX was surprised because Leo doesn’t normally laugh.

D.O. looked at Kris and said, “So, Kris, what can we do to protect Mi Young?”

Kris shrugged and said, “I don’t know. I’ve heard that the Creator is very powerful. I want to protect her, but we’ll be risking our own lives in the process.”

Tao stood up and said, “Well, maybe I can teach her some wu su. If I teach her to fight, then she’ll be able to protect herself.”

Sehun chuckled and said, “Oh yeah, teach a hybrid to fight. That’s sweet.”

Tao looked at Sehun and said, “What? Is there something wrong with teaching her to fight?”

Sehun looked at Tao and said, “Yeah. It’s like giving us a death sentence. We already know that she can be deadly, but teaching her to fight can even be worse.”

Tao sat back down and said, “Okay, Mr. Smartypants, you have a better idea?”

Sehun opened his mouth, but then shut it. He couldn’t come up with something to counteract Tao’s idea.

There were ideas thrown in every way, and Mi Young listened to each one. Some of them she approved, but then there were others that made her cringe. Her ears pricked up when she saw Luhan stand up.

Luhan said, “Why not send her to Super Junior? If we can’t protect her, I know with 15 members, Super Junior should be able to protect her.”

Everyone looked at Luhan and then they looked at Kris.

Kris scratched his head and said, “True, Mi Young has met Super Junior and have made some friends in that group, but would Mi Young want to leave the school, to go live with Super Junior in the forest?”

Just then Baekhyun said, “The Blue Lady is in the forest. Mi Young can be protected by the Blue Lady.”

Hyuk spoke, “What about sending her to MBLAQ?”

There were growls and Chanyeol said, “Don’t even suggest such shameful creatures.”

Hyuk looked at s and then at EXO and said, “Why? What’s wrong?”

Chanyeol looks at Kris and then at Hyuk as he stands up. Chanyeol says, “MBLAQ are assassins. They don’t care about anyone. They would take one look at Mi Young and with no emotions, slice her head clean off her neck.”

Hyuk shook his head and said, “MBLAQ wouldn’t do that. We’ve known them since we were kids.”

Chanyeol shakes his head and says, “No. We will NOT send her to the assassins.”

Just then Kris spoke up, “Hyuk, we will use MBLAQ as a last resort.”

Chanyeol looks at Kris and says, “Kris, you can’t be serious.”

Kris looks at Chanyeol and said, “If what Hyuk says is true, that she can be protected by those assassins. Then so be it. But…we will look for other alternatives before we hand her over to MBLAQ.”

Kris stands up and looks out the window and then turns back to everyone and says, “Here’s what I want all of you to do. I want you to come up with as many groups that are trustworthy enough to take Mi Young in. We will come back here and look over the lists. Then we’ll decide whether those groups are the right ones for Mi Young….or not.”

Everyone sat back down in their seats and groaned. Just then the door burst out and they gasped as Mi Young walks in.

“Don’t I get a say in anything?” Mi Young says as she stands in the middle of the room.

Lay stands up and walks over to Mi Young and says, “Mi Young, what are you doing out of bed? You should be resting.”

Mi Young looked at Lay and said, “Thank you Lay. You’ve helped me to recover. But, now that I’m awake, I want to have a say in this meeting…especially when it’s about me.”

Hongbin smiles and says, “Princess…I’m so happy to see your beautiful face.”

Mi Young glared at him and then looked at Kris. She said, “Kris, I don’t want to be sent away. I want to stay and fight.”

Kris stood up and said, “I know you do. But, right now we have to think about your safety.”

Mi Young shook her head and said, “No. I want Tao to teach me to fight.”

There was silence and Kris said, “No. Mi Young.”

Mi Young looked at Kris and said, “Why not?”

Kris walked over to Mi Young and said, “Because, fighting is very dangerous.”

Mi Young narrowed her eyes at Kris and said, “Well, my brother lost his life trying to protect me. I’m not about to keep running away. I’m as strong as Shane.”

Kris sighed and said, “Mi Young….”

Mi Young shook her head and said, “No. I want Tao to teach me to fight.” When she didn’t get a response from Kris, Mi Young said, “What about this? If you allow Tao to teach me to fight for a week, and if I’m not any stronger in a week, I’ll stop trying to fight and let you send me wherever you think is safe.”

Kris narrowed his eyes at Mi Young and said, “Really? You would really do that?”

Mi Young nodded.

Sehun spoke up, “What’s in it for us?”

Mi Young shrugged and said, “Nothing. If I can’t fight, then you can send me away, and then you won’t be burdened with me.”

D.O sighed and said, “Mi Young, you’re not a burden.”

Mi Young shrugged and said, “Maybe.”

Mi Young looked at Kris and held out her hand saying, “Is it a deal?”

Kris looked at her hand and then at everyone else. Kris sighed and took her hand and said, “I don’t like it but, it’s a deal.”

               The next day, Mi Young woke up and looked at her calendar. She knew what today was, but she was starting to doubt whether she should really do this. Would training to fight work, or would it be useless? Mi Young sighed and got up from the bed. She showered and put on some sweat pants and a shirt. Mi Young put her hair in a ponytail and walked out of her room. She walked over to the music room, but there was no one there. Mi Young scratched her head and walked out. She headed further down the hallway to where the upstairs gym was. Before she touched the door, she could hear yelling and laughing going on behind the door.

               Mi Young opened the door and was practically blinded by the bright lights of the gym. Mi Young waited till her eyes were adjusted and she was in awe at how big the gym was. She stood and watched a basketball game going on between EXO and VIXX. Mi Young snickered when she saw Leo get pushed to the ground by Chanyeol. Mi Young watched as Kris, jumped and made a perfect shot into the basket. The game went on for another hour, when Luhan looked up and saw Mi Young standing at the door.

Luhan ran down onto the court and was talking to Kris and pointing. Soon, VIXX and EXO were looking her way. Mi Young started to move backwards towards the door and she turned around and gripped the doorknob when she heard a voice behind her. She could smell blood on his breath and she knew it was a vampire.

“Is my princess backing out?” Mi Young knew that the only person that called her princess was Hongbin.

               Mi Young turned around and gasped to see Hongbin so close to her. She couldn’t move any farther back because the door was stopping her. As Hongbin got closer, he put his face against her neck and breathed in deeply. A soft chuckle was heard from Hongbin as loved the way Mi Young smelled. Mi Young closed her eyes and tried to drown out Hongbin lust, but she felt his hands on the lower part of her back and she felt his tongue her neck. Mi Young’s eyes shot open and she used some power in her arms to push him back, but he was a lot heavier. Mi Young growled and she used her next weapon, her knee. Mi Young’s knee shot up and got Hongbin between the legs. Hongbin cried out and gripped his groin as he fell to his knees. Mi Young pushed him away and moved to the side. Hongbin was groaning and squirming on the floor.

Mi Young looked at Hongbin and said, “Let that register in that shallow brain of yours, Hongbin. I don’t like being handled that way, whether it’s a blood- vampire or a werewolf. You do that again, and it may not be your groin that I damage.”

Mi Young turned around and walked down the stairs to the gym floor. VIXX moved aside to let her pass, after seeing what she did to Hongbin.

Ravi clapped Tao on the back and said, “Good luck in showing this little puppy how to fight. It seems she already knows some tricks.”

Tao narrowed his eyes at Ravi and looks at Mi Young. He swallowed hard and he started to feel sweaty just looking at her in the lights. Mi Young was very pretty in the fluorescent lights, but he also knows that looks can be deceiving.

Mi Young stood in front of Tao and said, “So, are you ready to teach me?”

Tao sighed and tried to keep a good composure and nodded saying, “Of course. Are you ready?”

Mi Young shrugged and said, “Does it matter? I said I would do this, I can’t back out now.”

Tao nodded and said, “Okay.” He walked over to the bleachers and picked up two long poles and walked over to Mi Young. Tao handed one to Mi Young and said, “These are the poles I use to help me train. We will use them to attack each other and block. Mi Young, have you ever used these before?”

Mi Young shook her head and said, “No. I’ve never even seen them before.”

Tao nodded and he looked at the others and they could see in Tao’s eyes that they should leave the floor. Tao looked at Mi Young and showed her the fighting stances and how to hold the pole. After a few rough tryouts, Tao started to move away from Mi Young and he stood a few feet away from her.

Mi Young raised an eyebrow and said, “We’re going to begin now? I still have no….”

But, Mi Young couldn’t finish her sentence, before Tao suddenly lunged and attacked her. His rush was so hard, that Mi Young go pushed to the floor and the pole was sent rolling away. Mi Young looked up at Tao with fear in her eyes. Tao stood there not bending down to help her.

Mi Young said, “Tao, what are you doing?”

Tao stood there and said, “Pick up your pole, Mi Young.”

               When Mi Young just sat there and looked at Tao, he banged the pole on the floor causing the sound to bounce off the walls. Mi Young jumped from the sound and did what she was told. She jumped up and went to retrieve her pole, only to cry out when Tao suddenly came up behind her and started to attack her. Mi Young was desperately trying to keep standing up and blocking Tao, but because Tao has more experience, she has met the floor many times, and her pole continues to roll away from her.

               For the next three hours, Mi Young and Tao were fighting with the poles. Mi Young has been sporting bruises from the many times she met the floor, and the many times that Tao’s pole has met her legs and arms. Mi Young would cry out whenever Tao’s pole hit her on any part of her body. Mi Young started to feel the fatigue from the fighting but she didn’t want to let Tao finish her off. Mi Young finally couldn’t take it any longer and her legs gave out on her and she fell to the floor as her pole rolled away only to be stopped by a foot. Mi Young looked up and saw Tao smirking at her.

Tao said, “Are you finally giving up?”

Mi Young breathed hard from the fighting said, “Just for today.”

Tao bent down and picked up the pole and looked down at Mi Young and said, “You can’t fight, Mi Young.”

Tao turned around and walked back to the bleachers. He picked up his bag and put the poles inside. Then he walked out of the gym with EXO and VIXX trailing behind him. Mi Young looked up at the gym ceiling and tears filled her eyes. She was in so much pain from the fighting, but also in pain from losing her only brother, Shane. She feels like she has failed him because she couldn’t protect him.

               Mi Young slowly sat up and wiped her eyes. She stood up and grimaced from the pain in her chest, her arms and her legs. Mi Young her lips and she tasted iron. She looked down at the floor and saw some blood on the floor. Mi Young sighed and she started to limp toward the door to leave the gym when suddenly she fell to her knees in agony. She cried out and she clutched her chest as she was having a hard time breathing. Mi Young coughed and she looked up at the door and saw a figure standing in the doorway. Mi Young could tell that it was Luhan.

Luhan started to run down the stairs and stopped a few feet away from Mi Young. Mi Young had her forehead on the floor, but she could hear his soft voice, but she couldn’t hear what he was saying. It was like his voice was muffled. Mi Young didn’t notice how close Luhan was until she felt his hand on her back, that she looked up at him and saw his eyes showed both shock and horror.

Mi Young looked at Luhan and said, “Luhan, what’s wrong?”

Luhan stood up and backed away. He said, “Mi Young, you’re not yourself.”

Mi Young raised an eyebrow and said, “What do you mean I’m not myself?”

               Luhan gasped when Mi Young slowly stood up. Luhan continued backing away from Mi Young. She walked toward Luhan, with no means of stopping. Suddenly, Luhan couldn’t tell how she did it, but she was right in front of him and she had pinned him down on the floor. She was straddling Luhan’s hips and she was holding his arms out to the side as she bent down and slowly breathed in his scent. Mi Young closed her eyes and when she opened them Luhan was looking into Mi Young’s blood red eyes again.

Luhan swallowed and tried to get Mi Young off, but she seemed to get an added strength and he said, “Mi Young, what is going on? Why are you doing this?”

Mi Young smiled and said, “Oh, my dear boy, I’m in pain right now and I need some sustenance and you came at the right time.”

Luhan’s eyes went wide and he said, “Sustenance? M..Mi Young, please don’t do this.”

Mi Young her lips and said, “You smell so good and I bet you taste even better. I can literally smell your blood running through your veins.”

Mi Young smiled and Luhan saw the familiar fangs of a vampire. As seeing Mi Young is a hybrid, she has both genes which means that anything can cause her to tap into either creature. Mi Young, looked at Luhan and she had lust in her blood red eyes.

Mi Young said, “Luhan, I have always wanted to see what a werewolf tasted like. You will be my first taste and if I like it, I might try the others.”

Luhan squirmed and said, “Mi Young, please, don’t do this. You don’t know what you’re doing.”

               Mi Young kept herself on top of Luhan and she her tongue over his neck and she loved how he tasted. Mi Young laughed at Luhan’s attempt of kicking her off, and she bent down and her fangs almost came into contact with Luhans’ neck, when she heard a loud scream. Mi Young jumped a little at the sound and she sat up and saw Luhan screaming out loud. Mi Young knew that his scream will alert the others, so she needed to do what she had to do. Mi Young growled and bent down as another scream was let out from Luhan, as her fangs punctured Luhan’s fair skin. All at once, Mi Young could taste Luhan’s blood in and running down . As Mi Young was drinking Luhan’s blood she could feel his movements and screaming were starting to die down. Mi Young doesn’t know how much blood she can consume till she kills her victims, but it was only a few minutes when she heard the door bang open.

               Mi Young looked up to see EXO and VIXX running down the stairs and running towards Mi Young and the bleeding Luhan. Mi Young stood up and both groups stopped in their tracks. They saw Mi Young smiling as Luhan’s blood was dripping down her chin as she her lips. Her blood red eyes making herself look even more dangerous than before. EXO and VIXX looked down at the stilled body of Luhan. Mi Young took a few steps away as she continued watching EXO and VIXX.

 

To be continued…

 

So, what did you think of this chapter? I know that Luhan is trying to get out of EXO, but I’m not going to stop writing this story, just because of that. The same with Kris, because Kris left EXO, he is still a part of my story. I would never exclude anyone in my stories just because they left. So, what do you think is going to happen? Because Mi Young is a hybrid, will anything happen to her? Is Luhan dead?

 

  • EXO doesn’t want Mi Young to know that the Creator is after her.
  • Mi Young wants to fight, even though Kris is against it.
  • Mi Young turns into a vampire after the fight with Tao.
  • Mi Young bites Luhan.
  • Will EXO send her away to Super Junior?

 

I want to say thank you to everyone who has stuck by this story and waited patiently for the next chapter. I’ve been busy with presentations at school, and now we’ll be doing inventory at my job. So, it’s going to be hard to write another chapter. But, when I have time, I’ll make sure I get another chapter written. I know eventually I want to include the Creator, but right now it’s still mainly on EXO, VIXX and Mi Young.

 

So, if you haven’t already, please leave some feedback on what you think of the chapter AND the story. I love to hear what you all think. And if you haven’t done it, please upvote my story as well.

 

Thanks

                and

                                as always….

 

 

                                                                    SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!!!