Chapter 29 - Closer

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

               If the air could get any thicker, it would surely suffocate you. That is what EXO was feeling when ‘Rain’ was brought into the room by Dean Park. EXO instantly didn’t like him one bit. They weren’t worried that ‘Rain’ would say anything to the other students about them being wolves, they were more concerned about Mi Young. Suho noticed Mi Young’s face turn pale while ‘Rain’ was talking to her. He couldn’t hear what they were saying, even with his wolf abilities. It’s almost like ‘Rain’ was blocking them from hearing him talk to Mi Young.

Suho stood next to Kris and said, “So, what do you think about this ‘Rain’?”

Kris shrugged and said, “I don’t know. But, I do know that I don’t like him. Especially at how close he is to Mi Young.”

Suho looks at Kris and said, “So, you feel it too?”

Kris looked at Suho and said, “The air? Yeah, I don’t like the air that surrounds that guy. He gives off a bad vibe.”

EXO stood off to the side and watched the interaction between Mi Young and ‘Rain’. The boys were not pleased to have this new guy standing so close to Mi Young, or how his aura was menacing. They were watching and noticed that ‘Rain’ talked more, while Mi Young just listened to him. They wished that they could be there and listen to what he was saying.

They looked away as they saw Mi Young walk past ‘Rain’. They also noticed that her eyes were red, which signaled that she was on the verge of tears. She started to walk up the aisle to the door when she was stopped by ‘Rain’s’ voice.

Rain said, “Mi Young, you know I’m right. You should be glad that he’s dead. He was too much of coward to protect you anyway.”

Mi Young turned around and with some of the power she had, she took a chair and threw it at ‘Rain’ and almost would’ve hit him, if he hadn’t moved aside.

               Mi Young spoke with venom in her words, “You can talk about me, and you can talk about my friends, but…if you EVER talk about Shane in a disrespectful way again, I won’t be very pleasing to be around…Rain. I take my family with respect, and having some stranger come in and call my family a coward, forces me to protect my family. He’s not here to defend himself, so I will do it. And I’m telling you, Rain, watch where you step, because if you keep this up, you’ll find yourself with blood- monsters as cell mates.”

Mi Young turned and pushed the door open with enough force to shatter the window but it didn’t. EXO turned to look at where Mi Young left, they looked at each other and then at ‘Rain’. EXO stood up and went after Mi Young.

Suho and Kris stayed behind and Suho said, “What did you say to her?”

‘Rain’ shrugged and said, “It’s none of your business what I told her. It’s up to whether she wants to believe it or not.”

Suho shook his head and said, “I can’t believe that you would attack her brother like that.”

Rain walked past Suho and said, “Quit trying to be a brother figure in this group of yours. It won’t last.”

Kris turned to Rain and said, “What do you mean by that?”

Rain looked at Kris and Suho saying, “If you want to learn more on Mi Young, go to this address.”

Rain walked back over to Kris and Suho and placed a folded up piece of paper in Kris’s hand and then turned and walked out of the room.

Kris looked at Suho and then opened the paper. There was an address, but they have no idea who lives at this address.

Meanwhile, the other EXO members went looking for Mi Young. They searched in all the classrooms, even in Mi Young’s room, but she wasn’t there. They practically searched the whole school and there was no sign of Mi Young. They sat down on the floor and benches and tried to figure out where Mi Young would be. Just then Luhan looked out the window and gasped.

“Hey, guys. I think I know where Mi Young is.”

They stood up and walked over to the window. There was Mi Young talking, to the one person they were afraid of…Hyuna. They ran as fast as they could down the stairs and out the door. They just got out of the school when they heard the unmistakable sound of a slap. They stopped and saw Mi Young sitting on the ground while Hyuna and three of her girls were standing before her.

Chanyeol yelled, “HYUNA!”

Hyuna looked up and smiled saying, “Oppa!” She ran over to them.

Chanyeol glared at Hyuna and said, “What do you think you’re doing?”

Hyuna looked at him confused and said, “What do you mean?”

Chanyeol pointed and said, “Mi Young. Why did you slap her?”

Hyuna flipped her hair back and said, “That little called me names and I didn’t like that she was allowed to do whatever she wants. Oppa, she is just a freshman, she shouldn’t be treated like she’s a senior.”

Chanyeol sighed and shook his head. Luhan ran over and helped Mi Young up and bent down to look at her and saw that she had a little blood coming from the side of . Tears were running down her cheeks.

Luhan looked at Chanyeol and said, “I’m taking Mi Young to the Infirmary.”

Chanyeol looked at Hyuna and said, “Okay, this is the second time you’ve caused problems for Mi Young. I don’t want you or your girls near Mi Young…EVER! Do you understand?”

Hyuna looked at Chanyeol and said, “What? Oppa, you’re taking HER side? How can you do that to me?”

Chanyeol put his hands on his hips and said, “I said do you understand, Hyuna?”

Hyuna narrowed her eyes at Chanyeol and said, “Fine. If you want to allow a commoner like Mi Young to be better than anyone else, you’ll see that you made a mistake. A person like Mi Young shouldn’t be in this school.”

Kai narrowed his eyes at Hyuna and said, “A person like Mi Young? What do you mean by that?”

Hyuna rolled her eyes and said, “Oh come on. Like you don’t know what she is.”

Chanyeol said, “What do you mean?”

Hyuna laughed and said, “If you don’t know, then you need to delve a little deeper into that little princesses past.”

Chanyeol shook his head and said, “You know what Hyuna, you need to go find a hobby. You may be a Queenka here, but WE are the true students. Quit trying to act like you’re better than someone else.” Chanyeol turned around and started to walk away and quickly turned back to Hyuna and said, “And quit calling me OPPA! You are 7 months older than I am!”

Hyuna and her girls watched as EXO walked back into the school. Hyuna looked at Jihyun and said, “I can’t stand seeing that girls’ face. I thought he’d have taken care of her already.”

Jihyun shrugged and said, “Yeah. I’m surprised that she’s still alive and walking around. He said that he was going to take care of things.”

Just then Sohyun pointed with her head and said, “He’s here.”

The girls turned and saw a black figure standing behind the school. They walked over and Hyuna knew immediately who it was.

“I thought you said you were going to take care of things?” Hyuna asked sarcastically.

The figure laughed and said, “I am.”

Hyuna pointed and said, “You are? I was just humiliated by that little . You haven’t done your job!”

The figure sighed and said, “Hyuna, be patient. Mi Young will be driven away soon. But, right now, I have a job for you girls.”

Hyuna said, “A job? Like what?”

The black figure said, “You need to find a way to get Mi Young away from EXO.”

Sohyun sighed and said, “That won’t be easy. She’s being watched by them 24/7.”

The black figure narrowed his yellow eyes at Sohyun and said, “Well, then find a way to do it without EXO watching.”

In the infirmary, Lay was checking over Mi Young while Luhan waited next to her. Mi Young didn’t say anything the whole time Lay made sure nothing was broken. He saw how sad she looked and he brushed a tear from her cheek.

Then Mi Young spoke, “I..miss…him.”

Lay looked at Luhan and then back at Mi Young and said, “Who?”

Mi Young looked at Lay and tears appeared in her eyes again as she said, “Shane. I miss him so much.”

Lay’s heart went out to Mi Young. She’s been very brave holding back her emotions, but now they were coming out.

Lay smiled and said, “I know. He’s watching you. Shane wouldn’t want you sitting here and crying over him.”

Mi Young hung her head and put her hands over her face and started to cry. Lay was worried as he looked at Luhan.

Luhan moved in front of Lay and put his arms around her and said, “Let it out, Mi Young. You’ve kept your emotions inside you, let it out. I’m here.”

For the next few hours, Mi Young wouldn’t let Luhan go. She sobbed on his shoulder and clung to him. Lay walked out of the room and saw the others walking toward the infirmary. Lay stopped them and shook his head.

Suho said, “What’s wrong, Lay?”

Lay sighed and said, “She’s in there with Luhan hyung.”

Suho was getting worried and said, “Well, we want to see how she’s doing.”

Lay shook his head and didn’t budge and said, “Right now, she needs one person. Luhan is comforting her, at the moment.”

Suho gasped and said, “Is it because of Hyuna?”

Lay shrugged and said, “Maybe, but she’s falling apart because of the loss of her brother.”

EXO realized now after what Lay said that she was missing her only living relative. She loved her brother. Their hearts went out to Mi Young.

They stood there silently when the door opened. Luhan walked out and saw everyone standing there.

“What are you guys doing here?”

Baekhyun spoke, “We wanted to know how Mi Young was doing. How is she?”

Luhan sighed and said, “She’s laying down right now. She cried herself to sleep.”

Lay said, “Well, while she’s sleeping, I think the rest of you need to go and get some sleep as well. You’ll see Mi Young in the morning.”

There were groans, but they did what the doctor ordered. When EXO was gone, Lay walked back in the room and saw Mi Young sleeping soundly on the bed. He brought over a blanket and covered her with it. Lay sat down in the chair next to Mi Young’s bed and fell asleep.

The next morning, Lay stretched and opened his eyes. He yawned and looked at the bed. He fully became awake when Mi Young wasn’t in the bed. He stood up and was about to run out of the room when he heard talking in another part of the infirmary. He quietly walked over and saw Mi Young sitting on the bed next to a young girl and was reading a book.

               Lay knew the little girl in the bed. She was from one of the nearby houses. She likes to come to the school and play with the other kids. Especially the students that were going to school for a job in a daycare. Lay saw how happy and content the little girl was. She was looking at the book and then looking at Mi Young. Finally, Lay noticed that the little girl was slowly falling asleep. He watched as Mi Young set the book down and gently got out of the bed and walked toward the door and was shocked to see Lay standing there.

Mi Young whispered, “How long have you been standing there?”

Lay shrugged and said, “Not long. Just watched you read a book to Mai.”

Mi Young nodded and looked over at the sleeping girl and said, “She is very precious.”

Lay nodded and said, “That she is. I’ll have to let her parents know that she’s here.”

Mi Young nodded again and said, “Yeah. Anyway, I’m sorry that I intruded.”

Lay shook his head and said, “No worries. How are you feeling?”

Mi Young closed the door and walked past Lay saying, “Better. The nap worked.”

Lay smiled and said, “Is that the only thing?”

Mi Young sighed and said, “Well, leaning on Luhan helped me too.”

Lay walked toward Mi Young and said, “Mi Young, if you ever need someone to talk too, we’ll listen. We don’t like seeing you sad.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “Thank you, Lay.”

Later that day, Mi Young was feeling better and she went searching for EXO. But, surprisingly enough, they weren’t anywhere in the school. Mi Young went back to talk to Lay, and he was gone as well. Mi Young was confused as to where EXO ran off too.

Mi Young went into the lunch room and got some food and sat down. She found a nice quiet spot at the back near the corner. Mi Young sat with her back to the door and was eating her food. Mi Young sighed as she bit into her sandwich. Just then she felt a breath on the back of her neck.

Mi Young turned around and was shocked to be face to face with….Hongbin.

Mi Young said, “Hongbin, hello.”

Hongbin smiled and sat down next to her. He said, “How are you, princess?”

Mi Young shrugged and said, “I’m fine.”

Mi Young was about to bite into her sandwich, when Hongbin took the sandwich out of her hands.

Mi Young looked at Hongbin and said, “So, where is EXO?”

Mi Young shrugged and said, “I don’t know.”

Hongbin smiled and said, “Well, it bothers me that they left you alone.”

Mi Young shrugged and said, “I looked for them. But, I didn’t see them. I even looked for Lay.”

Hongbin nodded and he looked over to see the VIXX members walking over. N and Hyuk ran over and sat down next to her. They smiled at her.

Hongbin said, “Princess was left alone. EXO is nowhere in school.”

Ravi shook his head and said, “That’s not acceptable. Mi Young shouldn’t be here by herself.”

Mi Young shook her head and said, “I’m fine, guys. It’s lonely, but I’m fine.

N stands up and shakes his head saying, “No. It’s not fine. We aren’t going to let you stay here by yourself. Hyuk, throw her food out, we’re taking Mi Young for the day.”

Mi Young moves away and says, “Guys, I don’t want to leave the school. I’m waiting for EXO to come back.”

Just then Hyuk’s phone vibrated and he read the message. Hyuk looks at N and said, “We have a problem.”

Hyuk stood up and grabbed N as they walked away from the table.

N says, “What’s wrong?”

Hyuk sighed and said, “I just got a message from Baekhyun hyung and he said that they are in a meeting. They think the Creator is here in Seoul.”

N sighed and said, “This is not good. Mi Young can’t know about the Creator. It will devastate her.”

Hyuk nodded and said, “But, we’ll have to tell her eventually.”

N nodded and said, “I know, but right now.” N looked over at Mi Young. She was talking to Hongbin and he said, “She doesn’t need to know that right now.”

Hyuk nodded and he looked over at Mi Young.

N looked back at Hyuk and said, “Text Baekhyun back and let him know that we’ll take good care of Mi Young. They need to keep their focus on how to get rid of the Creator.”

Hyuk started to text as N walked back to the table.

Mi Young looked up and said, “Is anything wrong, N?”

N shook his head and said, “Nope. Everything is fine.”

Mi Young sighed and put her head down on her arms that were on the table. VIXX instantly knew something was wrong.

Hongbin looked at Mi Young and said, “What’s wrong, princess?”

Mi Young sighed and said, “EXO left me without letting me know where they went. And….”

Ravi said, “And what?”

Mi Young looked at them and said, “I miss my brother.”

VIXX looked at each other and then looked at Mi Young who put her head on her arms again.

For the next five hours VIXX spent time with Mi Young. They made sure that she wasn’t out of their sight at any point. While VIXX were busy playing basketball in the Gym and Mi Young was sitting on the seats, she felt a strange presence that she hasn’t felt before. Mi Young looked around the Gym but didn’t see anyone. The feeling was still there as she felt uneasy, but she disguised it because she didn’t want to worry VIXX.

After the many hours playing basketball, VIXX decided it was time to call it a night. Instead of Mi Young staying in her room, they brought her to their part of the school. She stayed with them and she laid down on the bed as Hongbin walked in and tucked her in.

Mi Young smiled and said, “Hongbin, you don’t need to do this.”

Hongbin nodded and said, “I know, but it’s been a while since we’ve had a female in our dorms.”

Mi Young smiled and watched as Hongbin sat on the chair next to her bed. Mi Young listened to Hongbin talk about things and soon she fell asleep. Hongbin waited till she was fully asleep, and then he walked out of the room silently. He walked into the room with the others and closed the door.

Hongbin said, “She’s asleep.”

N nodded and said, “Okay, now that she’s asleep. Hyuk got a text from Baekhyun and apparently there is a chance that the Creator is in the school.”

There were gasps and Leo said, “Well, we’ll have to keep her with us.”

N nodded and said, “Yes. But, we don’t even know what the Creator looks like. So, we’ll have to suspect EVERYONE we meet.”

Hongbin sighed and said, “Poor princess. I feel for her. She lost her brother, EXO left and now the Creator is here to kill her.”

Ken finally spoke up and said, “Don’t worry Hongbin, we’ll make sure nothing happens to her.”

               Hongbin sighed and walked back over to Mi Young’s room, and opened the door gently. Mi Young was still sound asleep. Hongbin closed the door and walked into the hallway and stood by the window. He looked out the window and saw the moon was shining bright. He looked down on the grass and he saw a woman standing in front of the forest but facing the school. Hongbin watched her and he was shocked to see that she was looking right at him. He realized that it was the Blue Lady, and her eyes looked sad.

 

To be continued…

 

What did you think of this chapter?

  • Mi Young is feeling depressed about Shane’s death.
  • EXO left Mi Young alone.
  • The Creator has arrived. Who do you think it could be?
  • VIXX decided to take it upon themselves to watch over Mi Young.
  • The Blue Lady emerged from the forest.

 

Thank you to everyone who has stayed with the story while I was dealing with homework, Thanksgiving and work. I’m glad that I have Thanksgiving off this year, but I have to work Black Friday…oh joy. Oh well, at least once I’m done with Black Friday, I can come home and sleep.

I won’t be posting any chapters on Thursday as seeing it’s Thanksgiving. So, I just want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

 

Thanks again

And as always…

 

                                 SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT and UPVOTE!!!