Chapter 43 - Face to Face

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

               As Mi Young got closer to the sunlight, her fingers touched the light of the sun. Smoke started to come off of Mi Young’s fingers as she kept her fingers in the light. She started to move even further toward the light and her whole hand was in the light. Mi Young noticed that burn marks were starting to show up on her hand. Mi Young grimaced at the pain, but she knew that she is becoming more of a vampire now. Her life that she once had was starting to slowly fade away, as the pain in her hand was becoming more immense. She would rather kill herself, than hurt the people she loved.

Just as Mi Young was moving further into the light and her arm was burning, she heard a yell behind her, but she made no notion that she heard it. She gasped when she felt arms suddenly wrap around her waist. She looked down and saw the arms. She looked behind her but only saw light brown hair.

“Please. Don’t do this.”

Mi Young knew whose voice that was. Mi Young didn’t want to hurt him. They both had a connection and whenever Mi Young was hurt or was in trouble, he knew.

Mi Young pulled her hand back and used her good hand to touch the hands over her stomach and she said, “Luhan, I am sorry.”

Luhan didn’t release her waist and said, “Come back to school with us. I don’t want to lose you.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “I don’t think I’ll be welcome back in the school.”

Luhan released her waist and walked in front of her. He said, “Why not?”

Mi Young sighed and said, “I think I killed him.”

Luhan looked at her and tried to read her, but she seemed to have blocked him out.

Just then, Suho shouted, “Luhan hyung! We have to get back to the school! Hongbin is in pretty bad shape!”

Luhan looked at Suho and then back at Mi Young. Luhan started to walk toward the members and then he stopped. He looked back and saw Mi Young standing there with her back to him.

Luhan held out his hand and said, “Come, Mi Young. We will go together.”

Mi Young turned to look at him and said, “But, I’m not going to be wanted in the school. EXO will likely throw me out of the school.”

Luhan sighed and said, “No, they won’t. You’re too precious.” Luhan walked over to her and took her hand in his and they started walking toward the school.

               They got into the school, and walked up the stairs. Mi Young was walking behind everyone quietly. They got to the Music Room and they saw the other EXO members and 4 members of VIXX. The members all looked up and saw the other members of EXO and Mi Young come walking down. She hadn’t walked down the stairs when she was pushed against the stairs. She looked above her and saw Leo standing over her, his fangs out and his eyes were a bright orange.

Leo said, “YOU SHOULD LEAVE! NO ONE WANTS A MONSTER HERE! You practically killed Hongbin!”

Mi Young had tears in her eyes and she was shaking from fear.

Luhan moved over and stepped in between them and said, “Hey, she didn’t know what was going on.”

Leo looked at Luhan and said, “You weren’t there. They were kissing, and then she his blood.”

Luhan sighed and said, “She IS a vampire.”

Leo glared at Luhan and said, “That’s a poor excuse. She doesn’t deserve Hongbin.”

Leo walked back downstairs and Luhan looked at Mi Young, but before he could touch her, she stood up and walked out of the room.

She walked to the Nurse’s Station and opened the door. It was quiet except for the beeping of a machine. She walked over and saw that there was someone in a bed, and the curtains were pulled around them. Mi Young sighed and opened the flap and saw Hongbin on the bed. His eyes were closed and he was hooked up to a machine.

She stepped further in when she hears a voice. She turned and saw N standing at the foot of his bed and he said, “What are you doing here?”

Mi Young sighed and said, “I wanted to see him.”

Ravi walked in with some water for N and then pushed past her and said, “You saw him. Now you can leave.”

Mi Young looked at both men and said, “I didn’t even know what was going on. I didn’t realize I was biting Hongbin.”

Ravi sighed and said, “Well, whatever you say, doesn’t mean anything now. Right now, we want to get Hongbin back on his feet. So, can you leave us in privacy?”

Mi Young bit her bottom lip and bowed to the sleeping Hongbin and turned around and pulled the flap closed. She walked out of the room and closed the door. Mi Young was so depressed that she hurt Hongbin, that she didn’t know anything. She around aimlessly, until she found herself in the backyard. Mi Young sat on a picnic bench and just stared at the wood.

Mi Young sat there for almost minute when she started to feel soreness on her body. But, she didn’t care. She didn’t look to see that her body was slowly being eaten away by the sun. Little spots were appearing on her skin from the heat. After drinking Hongbin’s blood, she put more vampire blood inside her, which means that sunlight can kill a vampire. She didn’t know how long she was sitting on the bench when she felt coolness on her skin.

Without moving her head, she looked to her right and saw shoes standing next to her. She looked up and saw Lay standing over her with an umbrella. He smiled at her.

Mi Young didn’t say anything, just looked at Lay. Lay spoke, “You do know that you’re hurting yourself by sitting in the sun.”

Mi Young shrugged and looked at the picnic table saying, “Who cares? I messed up. VIXX and EXO hate me.”

Lay sat down across from her but still keep the umbrella over her and said, “That’s not true.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “It doesn’t matter. I almost killed Hongbin.”

Lay sighed and said, “But, you didn’t. You didn’t out ALL the blood.”

Mi Young slammed her hand on the table which caused Lay to jump and she said, “QUIT TRYING TO HEAL ME! I almost killed Hongbin!”

Mi Young stood up and walked over to another part of the forest and left Lay alone sitting on the picnic bench.

For the next three days, Mi Young kept clear of EXO and VIXX. She paid them no attention. It was hard for some of the members of EXO because they loved being around Mi Young.

On the fourth day, Hongbin opened his eyes, while N and Ravi were there. They were so happy to see that he was awake and doing better. Ravi and N were helping Hongbin with anything he needed.

Mi Young was sitting under a tree reading a book, when she saw feet next to her. She looked up and saw that it was Ravi. Ravi sighed and said, “Hongbin’s awake and he’s asking for you.”

Mi Young didn’t move and looked at her book saying, “I don’t want to see him.”

Ravi stood there and groaned as he bent down and grabbed Mi Young’s arm. He took the book from her and said, “You are a stubborn girl. Hongbin is asking for you. Go see him, or I’ll make you.”

Mi Young sighed and walked into the Nurse’s Station. She saw the curtain was open, and she saw Hongbin propped up in a sitting position. Hongbin felt someone staring at him, and when he opened his eyes, he saw Mi Young standing there. He noticed how sad and lonely she looked, not to mention the tears that filled her eyes.

Hongbin raised a hand and said, Mi Young. Come here.”

Mi Young stood there and walked closer but not enough for him to touch.

Hongbin said, “Closer.”

Mi Young didn’t move. Mi Young shook her head and said, “I..I’m sorry Hongbin. I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

Hongbin looked at her and saw the tears running down her face. He tried to reach for her, but she moved backwards.

Mi Young said, “I’m sorry Hongbin…that I’m a monster. You and I shouldn’t be around each other again.”

Hongbin opened his mouth and said, “Mi Young? No. What are you saying? You’re not a monster.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “Yes, I am. I tried to kill you. I can’t do this.”

Mi Young sobbed out and turned and ran out of the room. Hongbin sighed as she left. He could see how scared and hurt she was feeling.

VIXX walked in and saw Hongbin in his bed. Ravi looked around and said, “Where’s Mi Young? I thought I told her to come see you.”

Hongbin sighed and said, “She was here.”

N crossed his arms over his chest and said, “So? What happened?”

Hongbin sighed and looked at them saying, “She called herself a monster. Can anyone explain to me where she got that notion?”

Leo sighed and said, “That was my fault. I was so pissed that she hurt you. I called her a monster.”

Hongbin sighed and looked at Leo and said, “Mi Young is very fragile right now. Calling her a monster, is only going to fuel her tendency to cause her to shut everyone out. You guys need to go find her.”

Leo sighed and said, “Well, the sun is out right now.”

Hongbin looked at Leo and said, “Are you sure you’re a hyung? Then have EXO or Super Junior find her.”

VIXX looked at each other and Hyuk walked in and sat with Hongbin, while the others left the room to go find the EXO members. N asked a student to get the EXO members. When the EXO members walked over, N looked at all of them.

N said, “Guys, we need your help.”

Suho and the others saw the fear in N’s face and Suho said, “What’s wrong?”

N said, “Mi Young disappeared.”

Sehun scoffed and said, “Yeah, so?”

Suho turned and glared at Sehun, then he looked back at N and said, “What happened?”

Leo said, “I was pissed at her for hurting Hongbin and I accidently called her a monster. When Ravi told her to see Hongbin, I guess she told Hongbin that she was a monster and ran out of the room.”

N continued and said, “And now, we can’t find her. We can’t go in the sunlight, and I’m worried about her.”

Lay said, “You have cause to be worried. Because she drank Hongbin’s blood, if she’s out in the sunlight, she starts to burn. We can’t allow her to kill herself that way.”

Ken said, “Please, Hongbin hyung wants Mi Young back. She is very precious to him.”

EXO looked at each other and then Suho said, “We will look for her. Right now, stay with Hongbin. Lay will stay behind and be with you guys in case Hongbin needs anything.”

Meanwhile, Mi Young was walking aimlessly around Seoul. Her heart was breaking after what happened and she couldn’t face EXO and VIXX. Mi Young didn’t care at this point that she was slowly burning herself to death. Little dark patches were showing up on her as she walks around the city, while the sun was high in the sky and beating down on the land.

Mi Young walked into a diner and sat down. A waitress came by and smiled at Mi Young.

The waitress asked, “What can I get you, miss?”

Mi Young sighed and said, “Some water would be fine.”

The waitress nodded and walked away. Mi Young was left by herself in the booth at the diner. Mi Young had her head down and was thinking when she heard someone sit in the seat across from her. She lifted her head and was shocked to see a handsome looking man staring at her. Mi Young couldn’t believe her eyes at how handsome he looked. Everything about him looked perfect.

The man sat there and looked at Mi Young. He had long black hair that came to the end of his neck. There were some curls at the end of the hair. The bangs were swept off to the left side of the forehead and just covering the left eyebrow. Mi Young was just awestruck at how handsome he looked. He wore a black suit and white shirt underneath.

Mi Young looked at the man even when the waitress came back with her water. The man looked at the waitress and didn’t say anything. The waitress nodded and walked away. The man looked back at Mi Young. No words were said between the two. After a while, Mi Young tore her gaze away from the man and picked up the glass of water. She drank it, but the thirst in was still present. Mi Young looked at the man again.

Finally, after a while of silence, Mi Young got the courage up and said, “W..Who are you?”

               The man didn’t say anything. He just sat there and looked at Mi Young. Mi Young was starting to feel uncomfortable with this strange man staring at her. Mi Young looked outside the window and noticed that there were grey clouds in the sky. Mi Young was trying to figure out when the clouds rolled in. There were no clouds when she left the school. The sun had become hidden behind the clouds and she noticed that some dark angry clouds started to roll in at the same time. The wind started to pick up and Mi Young noticed that it started to rain.

Mi Young looked at the man and said, “Well, I think I should get going. It’s late and I didn’t realize that it was supposed to rain. I need to get back to school.”

Mi Young started to move toward the end of the booth when the man’s gloved hand grabbed Mi Young’s hand and it caused her to gasp. Mi Young looked at the man’s hand and then at the man. When Mi Young tried to pry his hand off hers, he tightened his grip.

Mi Young looked at the man and said, “What are you doing? Let me go.”

The man looked at Mi Young and said, “Sit awhile, Mi Young. You don’t want to go out in the storm.”

Mi Young was shocked that this man knew her name. Mi Young looked at the man’s hand and noticed a silver ring on the ring finger of his right hand that at the moment was gripping Mi Young’s hand. She saw that it had a five pointed star on it. Mi Young didn’t know the significance to the ring nor did she know who this man was that was sitting with her.

Mi Young sighed and moved further into the booth and sat by the window. The man released her hand and looked at her.

Mi Young rubbed the back of her neck and said, “So, um, who are you?”

The man said, “You don’t need to know anything about me. Just that I’m here for you, Mi Young.”

Mi Young didn’t say anything as she looked back outside where it was a torrent of rain and wind.

 

To be continued….

*First, I’d like to say how sorry I am for not updating in a while. There have been a lot of things going on and I just didn’t have time to update. So, here I’m finally updating with this chapter.*

Recap:

  • Mi Young almost killed Hongbin by biting him.
  • Because of Hongbin’s blood, Mi Young is slowly turning into a vampire.
  • Sunlight affects Mi Young now than it did in the past.
  • VIXX needs to find Mi Young for Hongbin.
  • Strange man knows who Mi Young is, and won’t let her leave the diner.

I want to say thank you to everyone who has either stayed or subscribed to the story. I don’t know if I’ll get to chapter 50 or not. It just depends on how the story goes. I wanted to update with this chapter to show that I’m still here. I have already started the chapter, it’s just that I didn’t have any time to update. So, this time I finally got to update it.

As always…

      Please…

 

                                              SUBSCRIBE….COMMENT…UPVOTE!!!