Chapter 22 - Get Out

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

The school seemed a lot quieter since the death of Shane. Mi Young woke up as usual, but her mood had changed and she wasn’t the usual cheerful girl. She didn’t care about her friends, or school, or anything. She just wanted to curl up and crawl under the nearest rock. She didn’t want to talk to anyone, so she went about her business. She noticed a note on her desk. She opened it and saw that it was from Suho.

                My dearest, Mi Young,

                     Do not worry about your classes. I have taken the liberty of explaining to them

                of your family issues. Your teachers give their condolences. Please take the time to

                get some rest and let out your grief if you have too.

                       EXO and VIXX are going out on an errand. Don’t leave your dorm. Just go back to

                bed and sleep. I’ll wake you when we get back.

 

                                                                                                Your friend,

                                                                                                      Suho.

 

Mi Young smiled when she saw the note, but also felt like she was burdening EXO and VIXX with what happened to Shane.

               Shane. Her brother. The only family she had left. He was unknown to her, until a while ago, when he came into her life again. He wanted to keep Mi Young safe, so he decided to separate himself from her, until he thought it would be wise to come back. He gave his life to save her. Shane. The one that didn’t care that she was a hybrid. He didn’t care that she wasn’t like him. He loved her because she was his sister. Shane. He is now free of this horrible world. This world that can’t accept a person that isn’t like them.

Mi Young put the letter back down and walked over to her bed, and laid back down. She closed her eyes and soon fell asleep. She wasn’t fully asleep until she started to dream. But, this wasn’t like any dream she’s had before.

               Mi Young walked through the forest in the daytime. She looked up and saw the trees were swaying in the wind. The bright sunlight, trying to come into the forest, but the leaves blocked the sunlight out. She continued to walk and she heard voices. She peered out from the trees and saw an open area. She saw a bunch of people standing around a pile of garbage. She decided to investigate. She walked over and watched them. She gasped and saw that it was EXO, VIXX and Super Junior. They were talking and not paying any attention to her. She soon realized that what they were looking at was a house that is nothing but rubble. A flashback of the house falling down and her screaming flashed into her mind and she now realized that this the house that Shane was killed in.

               She watched as Siwon, Kris, Chanyeol and Zhou Mi were busy trying to dig through the rubble. Mi Young watched as they finally got to where the door is and they busted open the door. They were surprised that the whole house didn’t fall into itself. They had a nice cave they could walk in. But, they had to tread carefully, because the slightest noise or touch, could bring the house down on their heads. Mi Young waited impatiently. She didn’t want to give herself away, but she wanted to know what was going on.

Mi Young looked up at the sun and noticed that it had moved through the sky. It was now directly over them. It must be afternoon now. She woke up around 7 am. Mi Young sighed and wanted to charge into the house, but she didn’t know how unstable it was. Mi Young hung her head and felt tears in her eyes.

               Just then she heard someone call out. She looked up and saw that it was Kris and Siwon. She saw that they were carrying someone. They walked out and laid someone on the ground a few feet away from the house. Lay was kneeling in front of the body and shielding her view. Mi Young was getting flustered because she wanted to know who that was. Lay stood up and walked over to the body. Mi Young gasped again, as she looked down at the body of her brother, Shane. He was dusty all over and dried blood on his clothes and his face. Mi Young sighed and noticed how peaceful he looked.

               Mi Young bent her head down and put her lips to Shane’s forehead and kissed him. Just then she heard someone shouting. Mi Young looked up and saw Leeteuk waving his hands at her and shouting her to ‘get away from him!’ Mi Young didn’t understand why he would want her to leave her brother. Mi Young started to yell at Leeteuk, but he suddenly called her a wolf and to leave. Mi Young looked down at the ground and that’s when she saw paws, instead of hands.

Mi Young tried to talk to Leeteuk but everytime she tried to say something, all she heard was barking. Mi Young didn’t know how else to communicate with Leeteuk. The wolf growled and bared its teeth at Leeteuk.

Suho stood in front of Mi Young and said, “Mi Young, you shouldn’t be here. Get out of this wolf and sleep.”

Mi Young opened , but was clubbed in the head by Kangin. She looked up at him and his hands were fists as he glared at her. Mi Young moved away and looked at everyone. She couldn’t believe that everyone she trusted, had turned their backs on her. EXO, VIXX and Super Junior walked away from her and left her alone. Mi Young watched as EXO, and Super Junior picked up Shane and carried him back into the forest.

Suho stopped and turned to look at Mi Young. He started to walk toward her only to see that she had taken a few steps away.

Suho said, “Mi Young.”

Mi Young put her face to the sky and howled. She looked at Suho and turned around and ran away from him. What Suho didn’t know was that Mi Young was running ‘away’ from the school. Suho turned and followed the others back to Super Junior’s den. When he got there, Leeteuk made a table and they laid Shane on it. They hung their heads and prayed for Shane.

Henry was pushed away from the body and into his bedroom with Ryeowook. They didn’t want him to see the dead body. They knew how fragile he is around dead people. Ryeowook loves to look after Henry.

Meanwhile, EXO, VIXX and Super Junior were sitting around and trying to figure out what to do with Shane’s body. They were throwing ideas on what to do with him, but it all came back to Mi Young’ decision. It’s only fair, as seeing Shane is her brother.

Luhan broke the silence. “Why was Mi Young here? Suho, didn’t you tell Mi Young to not leave her dorm?”

Suho nodded and said, “Yeah, I did. I was hoping that she would follow my orders and not come out here. She can’t be here right now.”

Kris nodded and said, “I agree. Kai, go back to the school, and look in on Mi Young. I imagine that she got back to the dorm safely.”

Kai sighed and nodded as he stood up and said, “Okay. Be right back.”

Kai used his teleportation powers and got into the school with no one noticing and then he entered Mi Young’s room. He noticed that she was sleeping on the bed.

Kai said, “Mi Young?”

There was no movement from Mi Young.

Kai called her a little louder, “Mi Young!”

               Again, no movement. That’s strange. Kai walked over to Mi Young and placed his hand on Mi Young’s shoulder and gasped as he moved his hand off her. She was ice cold. Kai knelt down and put his hand over by her nose and felt heat. She’s at least breathing. But, why was she so cold. Even though she was so cold, Kai started to shake Mi Young, to wake her up. No amount of shaking was waking Mi Young up. Kai was getting frantic and kept trying to wake Mi Young, but nothing was working. Kai knew something wasn’t right.

Kai stood up and teleported out of the school and back to Super Junior’s den. Kai walked in and saw them all talking.

Kai said, “She won’t wake up.”

That got everyone’s attention. They looked at him and saw that he was pale.

Luhan said, “What did you say Kai?”

Kai tried to swallow the lump in his throat and said, “She won’t wake up. Something’s wrong.”

They all stood up and Suho said, “Kai what did you see?”

Kai sat down with Chaneyol and Baekhyun on either side of him and he said, “I went to her room, like you said. She was sleeping. I tried calling her name, but she didn’t wake up. Then I went to shake her and she was ice cold.”

Luhan gasped and said, “Oh no. Is she…?” He couldn’t bare to actually finish the question.

Kai shook his head and said, “No. She’s alive. But, no amount of calling or shaking is waking her up. Suho, you have to do something.”

EXO and VIXX followed Kai back to Mi Young’s dorm, and when Suho touched Mi Young, he felt how cold she was.

Luhan was quiet for a while and then said, “She’s out of her body.”

D.O. looked up and said, “What?”

Luhan said, “Mi Young is no longer in her body. She’s outside of her body somewhere.”

Sehun put his hand under her nose and said, “But, she’s breathing and I feel warmth.”

Luhan sighed and said, “I’m not saying her life has gone. I’m saying that her mind and spirit is not with her body. It’s somewhere else.”

Everyone looked at Mi Young and tried to figure out where her mind and spirit are. Just then Suho stood up and gasped.

“Oh no. The wolf.”

Kris said, “What about the wolf?”

Suho sighed and said, “That wolf that was there. That was Mi Young. She somehow figured out how to put her mind and spirit into something else. We told her to leave. I thought she came back here.”

Chen walked over to Suho and said, “Don’t worry. She’s probably not too far.”

Suho nodded and said, “She ran away from the school. She ran into the forest, and away from the house. We have to go and find her.”

EXO and VIXX nodded their heads and Suho said, “I’m going to stay here with Mi Young.”

Lay sat on the floor next to Mi Young’s bed and said, “I’m staying here too, just in case something happens.”

EXO and VIXX nodded and left the school. They went in search for Mi Young. They followed her scent to another pack of wolves. But, these wolves didn’t care about who or what they killed. If the victim is on their land, the victim will die. EXO and VIXX continued their journey through this wild pack of wolves’ territory.

Hongbin said, “So, who are this other wolf pack that you don’t like?”

Kris sighed and said, “They’re called B.A.P. They are werewolves that don’t care about who or what they kill. They have no remorse for the victim.”

Hyuk bit his bottom lip and said, “Have they…killed vampires?”

Chen looks at Hyuk and said, “They kill anyone. Vampires, werewolves, humans, animals. It doesn’t matter to them.”

Kris spoke, “What bothers me is that Mi Young is in their territory and we might have a hard time trying to get her out. Whether she’s alive or not.”

Hongbin sighed and said, “Poor princess. I hate to think what these blood-thirsty monsters are doing to her.”

Chanyeol laughed and looked at Hongbin and said, “It’s funny that you call them blood-thirsty monsters.”

Hongbin cocked his head to the side and said, “What do you mean?”

Chanyeol smiled and said, “If I remember correctly, YOU guys are blood-thirsty monsters too.”

Hongbin opened his mouth and then shut it as seeing Chanyeol was right.

Hongbin opened his mouth again and said, “True, but WE aren’t as bad as this B.A.P. pack.”

They walked a few more feet when they heard howling in the distance. Kris growled when he heard the howls as did the other EXO members.

Kris said, “Stand guard. They can surround us at any time.”

And they didn’t have to wait long. Soon walking out from all sides, were 6 young men with blond hair. EXO and VIXX looked at the 6 men and noticed that they showed no emotions.

The one closest to Kris spoke with a deep voice, “You are trespassing on our territory.”

 

To be continued…

 

What did you think of this chapter? Please leave some feedback. And upvote.

 

  • Mi Young has the ability to leave her body and go into another animal.
  • B.A.P. makes their debut in the story as a bunch of bad wolves.

 

I hope that you are enjoying the story even though my real life is making it hard to find time to write. But, I wanted to post this chapter as seeing I was already half way finished.

 

And as always…

 

 

                                             SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!!!