Chapter 44 - Flashback

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

Mi Young looks at the man and says, “How do you know my name?”

The man smiles and says, “I know all about you.”

Mi Young said, “You know all about me? You barely know me.”

The man looks out the window at the storm raging outside and said, “The Blue Lady.”

Mi Young’s eyes widen and the man looks at her and sees her expression.

“Ah, the Blue Lady struck a cord. How nice.”

Mi Young looked at the man and said, “You know about The Blue Lady?”

The man looked at Mi Young and said, “I know a lot about The Blue Lady. But, what I’m wondering is what is the significance with you and her?”

Mi Young shrugged and said, “I don’t know. She just started to talk to me.”

The man looked out the window and then back at Mi Young and said, “There are people looking for you.”

Mi Young’s eyes widened and said, “They are?”

Mi Young turned to look out the window and saw on the other side of the street stood Suho, Xiumin and Bakehyun. Mi Young stood up again and was about to leave the booth, when the man grabbed her wrist again and pushed her into the booth.

Mi Young looked at the man and said, “You need to tell me who you are. You can’t keep me here.”

The man smirked and said, “Oh, I can keep you here all day if I want.”

Mi Young glared at the man and said, “If you don’t tell me who you are, I’m going to scream for someone to come over here.”

The man smirked again and said, “Scream all you want. No one is going to hear you.”

Mi Young looked around and was shocked. There was no one in the diner. It was completely empty. Mi Young looked back at the man.

“W..Who are you?” Mi Young asked cautiously.

The man sat back and looked at Mi Young, and then said, “Have you ever heard of the Creator?”

Mi Young shrugged and said, “Yeah. EXO was talking about it once, but I didn’t pay much attention to it. Who or what is the Creator?”

The man said, “The Creator is the one that created the Vampires and Werewolves. They once were in harmony with each other. Then, something went wrong. The Vampires and Werewolves attacked each other, and for many years, the battle continued. Until…”

Mi Young said, “Until?”

The man looked at Mi Young and said, “Until the scientists found a way to merge Vampire cells and Werewolf cells together, to make…a…Hybrid.”

Mi Young looks at him and said, “I…I don’t understand.”

The man says, “Minsoo was the first ever Hybrid. She disappeared and we never found her. Then, suddenly Hybrids appeared all around the world.”

Mi Young says, “But, what does that have to do with me?”

The man smirked and said, “Because, you are directly related to Minsoo. You should find out more about her. Maybe you can find her, and lead us to her.”

Mi Young chuckled and said, “Why? So you can kill her? If she is the original Hybrid, I’m not going to hand her over to you. You still haven’t told me who you are.”

The man sighed and said, “Because, it’s not time to tell you who I am.”

Mi Young rolled her eyes and said, “You talk in riddles. If you have nothing else to say, I need to leave and get out of this weather.”

The man sat there and looked at Mi Young. As she was getting out of the booth, he grabbed her wrist again and said, “Remember, look up Minsoo. Maybe, then you’ll understand who you REALLY are.”

Mi Young pulled her wrist out of his grasp and moved away from him. She walked out of the empty diner and looked up at the clouds. The rain was pouring like cats and dogs. Mi Young sighed and walked away from the diner. She ran through the park looking for Suho, Xiumin, and Baekhyun. She stood under a tree as she tried to get rid of the water that was on her body. Her clothes stuck to her from the rain and it dampened her hair to her head. Mi Young wanted to go back to the school and to EXO.

Mi Young thought about what that guy told her. How did he know about the Blue Lady? How did he know about the Creator? Why did he tell her to find out some information on Minsoo? Who is Minsoo? Is she the Blue Lady? Or is she related to the Blue Lady? And what did he mean that Mi Young was related to the Blue Lady? All of these questions were giving her a headache. But, she figured it probably was from the cold rain still beating down.

Mi Young figured that she had better get back to the school, or she’ll die of sickness out in the rain. She bolted through the forest until she got close to the school. She finally made her way into the school. Luckily many of the students were either in class or in their rooms. Mi Young found her room and walked in. She immediately took a hot shower and put on a fresh clean school uniform. She sat on the bed and thought about what the man said. Mi Young sighed and walked out of the room.

Mi Young made her way to the library and walked in. There were many students studying, talking, or looking for books. Mi Young walked over to one of the computers and sat down. She sat there looking at the screen for a while and then she typed “The Blue Lady”. She got a few responses but one caught her eye and it said, “The Legend of the Blue Lady.” Mi Young looked and saw that it was still in the library. Mi Young wrote down the case that it would be in, and she went to look for that book. She finally found where the book is, and found some other books about the Blue Lady. She saw the book that she wanted and took it out. She walked over to a table and sat down. She looked at the cover and saw that it was indeed the Blue Lady.

Mi Young opened the book and started to read the book. Halfway through the book, she noticed that it was talking about the Creators and Minsoo.

“The Creators wanted to have different kinds of species in the world. They decided to take a wolf’s DNA and combined it with one of their DNA’s. They worked at it for many years, and finally ended up coming up with an actual creature that we now call, ‘Werewolves’. The Werewolves lived on the land for many generations, but then the Creators wanted to create another species. They took a bat’s DNA and combined it with one of their DNA’s. Again, it took many years, and finally they were able to create a creature that we know call, ‘Vampires’. “

Mi Young couldn’t believe what she was reading. The Creators created both species using their own DNA, which means that each one of the people she has come across with, has the DNA from one or all of the Creators. Mi Young continued to read.

“Werewolves and Vampires lived in harmony for thousands of years. The Werewolves lived off the land and the Vampires built homes and soon created families and the population grew. Soon, the countries that were slowly being formed were inhabited by thousands of Werewolves and Vampires. Then, somewhere during the generation of Werewolves and Vampires two species came together. A Werewolf and Vampire fell in love and had an offspring. The Creators were no aware of this, for the two different species kept their love in secret. The offspring was a beautiful young baby girl. She had dark blue eyes and a fair complexion. The female Vampire named her Min Soo.”

Mi Young sat there and reread the same paragraph. Min Soo is a Hybrid. She was born in secret. The Creators didn’t know of her existence. Mi Young couldn’t believe this. She continued.

“For ten years, the Vampire and Werewolf couple kept their baby out of the Creators eyesight. Their baby was growing up quickly and becoming more and more beautiful every day. Her hair was the color of onyx and her complexion was a fine porcelain. Her eyes were something to be seen. They were the spitting image of two dark blue sapphires. Many of the Werewolves and Vampires knew of Min Soo’s existence. They kept the knowledge that Min Soo was a Hybrid from the Creators. When they would go and visit the Werewolves and Vampires they would see Min Soo, but never caught on that she was of both species. It wasn’t until the fateful day, that some Vampires that strayed away from the Vampire village and became their own village, decided to wage a war on the two species. They fought and killed many of the Vampires and Werewolves that were in the villages. Min Soo’s parents were killed and Min Soo had no one to turn too. When the enemy Vampires strolled upon her sitting outside of her house, they knew of what she was, so they wanted to eradicate Min Soo’s existence. But, because Min Soo had the blood from both species she was stronger, though she didn’t look like it. She tore apart and fed on the enemy Vampires, until the Creators saw her. She was thrown into a dungeon and left there to die.”

Mi Young’s eyes watered and couldn’t imagine what Min Soo must have felt like being thrown into a dungeon and left to die all alone. It hurt her heart just thinking about it. She continued.

“A month passed while Min Soo was held prisoner in the Creator’s dungeon. It wasn’t until a man named Jae Young stumbled upon Min Soo in the dungeon. Jae Young was a servant in the Creator’s home and heard the many stories about Min Soo. He felt for the little 10 year-old girl. Jae Young wanted to help her, even though he knew that his life would end. When the Creator’s went to bed for the night, Jae Young went to the dungeon and let Min Soo escape. Min Soo ran from the village that she grew up in and found herself alone in the forest. Jae Young was arrested, tried, and executed for letting Min Soo go free. Min Soo was never heard of again since her disappearance.”

Mi Young sighed and continued to read.

“It was not until 4 years later, that Min Soo’s existence finally was revealed. While in the forest, she had grown to become a beautiful fourteen year-old, but she still had no home or family. A wealthy man, named Seung Hae Lee came across Min Soo on one of his rides. He offered Min Soo food, water, shelter, and clothes. Min Soo agreed and went with the man. The man had a mansion called ‘Raven Hollow’. The mansion was magnificent. It was marble white with tall pillars in the front holding up the balcony above. There were 300 windows, 40 rooms, and two levels. The inside of the mansion was even more magnificent. Many of the furnishings had velvet on them. The wood was made from very thick oak. She saw many gold and silver jewelry, plates and other items that shows a person’s wealth. Min Soo found out that the man was never married and he was looking for a wife. Min Soo agreed to be his wife, and he lavished her with jewels, gowns, and money that she could never think what to do with them. One of the most prized possessions of Min Soo’s was a beautiful sapphire blue gown that her Seung Hae had made for her. The sapphire gown was made of velvet and it was fit for a princess.

Min Soo’s favorite color was blue, so naturally everything she owned and loved was blue. Jewels, shoes, gowns, birds, and flowers. Seung Hae even had Min Soo’s room painted blue. When Seung Hae would let her go into town, she would show up in that same dress. Many men wanted to court her, but they quickly found out that she was already betrothed to Seung Hae. They knew they didn’t have a chance. Min Soo was the talk of the town for many years.”

Mi Young knew that dress. She’s seen in many times. That’s the dress that the Blue Lady always wears. It’s such an elegant and royal looking dress. Mi Young continued.

“Twelve years later, as the town was slowly expanding, Min Soo noticed that many of the people in the town was getting old and dying. She couldn’t stop their aging. They were afterall, human. They weren’t in the same species as Min Soo. But, things started to go from bad to worse, when Seung Hae was stricken with Tuberculosis, and because there was no cure, he later died in agony. In his will he left the estate and everything inside and all the money that he had accumulated over the years to Min Soo. But, the town wasn’t so thoughtful. They realized that Min Soo wasn’t normal. Min Soo hasn’t aged a day, while many years have gone by and people have gotten old and died. Not to mention many of them were stricken with Tuberculosis and Small Pox. But, Min Soo never got sick. After Min Soo was run out of the estate, her existence disappeared. No one knew what ever happened to her.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “I wonder if that house would still be there.”

“For the next ten years, Min Soo was never seen again. Then in Japan a young woman all dressed in blue was seen. She looked like she was from the Victorian age. An older couple took her in, and she explained that she had to get back to Korea. They put her in their car and drove her across the border and back into Korea. When they were safe enough away from the border, Min Soo kindly asked the older couple to let her out. They were near a forest. They let her out and she bid them good bye. She walked up the hill and into the forest. The older couple drove on. Min Soo, later met another man named Jae Min Lee. He fell in love with Min Soo, and with only knowing her for three months, quickly married her. He loved the way she presented herself and how she never showed any distaste for anything. Jae Min was a well-known scientist. He and Min Soo ended up having a child by accident. It was the first Hybrid baby, and it was a girl. Her name is Hyun Rin. She was a beautiful baby. Deep blue eyes and a pale complexion. But, the happiness would not stay. The day that Hyun Rin was born, was the day that Jae Min was murdered by many people who believed that Min Soo was a demon. Again, Min Soo was driven out and never seen again.”

Mi Young couldn’t believe what she was reading. Min Soo had a baby, but it was taken away from Min Soo and she was thrown away like a piece of garbage. Mi Young stopped and thought about it and said, “Wait, the Blue Lady said that she was waiting for someone. Could the person she’s waiting for be her daughter?” Mi Young looked around and noticed that many of the students have left. The Head Librarian came in and told her that the library will be closing for the night. Mi Young checked out the book and walked back to her room.

Mi Young was about to go into her room, when she heard someone calling her down the hallway. She could clearly see that it was Suho. He ran over and stood in front of Mi Young. Mi Young looked at him, and he looked at her.

Suho said, “Where were you? We were worried about you?”

Mi Young sighed and said, “Were you?”

Suho nodded and said, “We were. I came here to see if you’d be interested in coming to the cafeteria with me. I’d like some company, and maybe we could talk.”

Mi Young sighed again. She really wanted to read the rest of the book, but the thought of food made her stomach rumble. Mi Young nodded and they walked toward the cafeteria, and surprisingly enough there weren’t any students.

Suho said, “Many of the students went into their rooms. So, it will be nice and quiet for us. Why don’t you go and sit down and I’ll get some food for us.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “Sure. If you want too.”

Mi Young sat down and waited for Suho to get the food. Finally, he walked with a tray with two sandwiches and two glasses of milk. Suho sat down and gave her a sandwich and a glass of milk. She ate a little of her sandwich and then she finally spoke.

“So, what was it that you wanted to talk to me about?”

Suho was quiet and then he sat his sandwich down and looked at Mi Young and said, “So, what did you and Yoochun hyung talk about?”

 

To be continued…

I want to apologize for not updating. I’ve been so busy finishing up The Porcelain Rose, and then I had writer’s block for a while with this story. Finally this chapter came to mind. So, did you figure out who the person was at the diner?

I hope this wasn’t too lame of a chapter. I wanted this chapter to be about Mi Young learning about Min Soo (a.k.a The Blue Lady). I wanted to show what her life was like and how the Werewolves, Vampires and the Hybrids were created.

Min Soo was the first Hybrid to give birth. And then I wanted to finally show what the dress the Blue Lady has been wearing. I know that I’ve been pretty vague on what the dress looked like, so I had to go and research on many sapphire blue ball gowns. I ended up finding the one that is in this chapter.

Little by little, Mi Young is learning about the Blue Lady. She finally sees why the Blue Lady is walking in the forest and waiting. She’s waiting for her daughter to come back to her. But, why at THIS forest? Is there a significance as to why the Blue Lady chose this forest next to the school? Could the child be in Seoul? Could the child be in the school?

I want to say thank you to:

blockbuster01 for commenting on Chapter 42. Though I am surprised no one has commented on Chapter 43 yet, and here I am finishing up Chapter 44.

Thank you to everyone who has stayed and waited patiently for me to update. I wanted to finish The Porcelain Rose before I continued on this story. I do want to finish this story before or on Chapter 50. So, I have about 6 more chapters left before I completely finish this story.

If you are interested in reading the story that I had finished I’ll give you the link to it. It’s called The Porcelain Rose.

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1023430/the-porcelain-rose-shinhwa-originalcharacter-bts

Anyway, thank you for sticking around and waiting patiently. I’ll try and update when I can, now that I’m on Spring Break, but I still have homework in one of my classes I have to do.

And as always…

                               SUBSCRIBE…COMMENT…UPVOTE!!!