Chapter 10 - Twins

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

              For the next two weeks, Mi Young had kept her promise that she wouldn’t talk or be around VIXX or EXO. Mi Young was spending a lot of time with the girls from her classes. Mi Young has spent a lot of sleepovers with the girls and they would talk and enjoy spending time together at school. Mi Young gradually stopped thinking about EXO. But, EXO hasn’t forgotten about Mi Young. Every day, Kai uses his teleportation powers and watches Mi Young from afar, and then he reports back to Kris. As seeing VIXX is out of the picture for about a month, EXO can continue watching and protecting Mi Young. And it just so happens, that one day Mi Young was going to leave to go home and just as she opened the doors there was a flash and the boom of thunder shook the school.

              Mi Young shrieked and jumped back, but as she did she lost her footing and fell backwards. Mi Young figured she’d feel the impact of the floor, but instead she felt something soft. She looked down and found some arms around her stomach. She looked up and saw Kai looking down at her and he smiled. Mi Young’s heart started to beat. For two weeks she managed to keep herself from thinking about EXO and here was Kai. He was holding her so that she wouldn’t fall. Mi Young blushed and Kai helped her to stand up.

Mi Young looked at Kai and said, “Kai?”

Kai smiled and said, “Hello, Mi Young.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “Thank you for saving me.”

Kai nodded and said, “No problem. It looks really stormy out. So, you should wait till it stops raining.”

Mi Young looked behind her as she heard another boom and she jumped from the sound.

Kai said, “Well, you have a good day, Mi Young.”

Kai turned around and started to walk away when Mi Young spoke, “Kai? Wait.”

Kai turned to look at Mi Young, as she walked toward Kai.

Kai said, “Yes, did you need something?”

Mi Young bit her bottom lip and said, “Um, I wanted to know. How is EXO doing?”

Kai was a little surprised she would ask. He figured she was still pissed at them. Kai shrugged and said, “They’re doing fine. Trying to keep busy.”

Mi Young watched as Kai turned to walk and she reached out and grabbed his arm. He turned to look at her and Mi Young said, “I was thinking, that maybe I was a little too harsh. Kai, you have to understand how scared I was when VIXX told me about my so called powers, but EXO failed to tell me.”

Kai shook his head and said, “You don’t have to apologize or even explain. We were in the wrong to keep that from you. But, we were afraid that you would think we were freaks or tease us. That’s the only reason why we never said anything.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “Kai, truthfully. How is EXO?”

Kai sighed and said, “Truthfully? They are depressed. Everyone loved listening to your music and since you ran off, we hardly use the music room.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “How is Suho?”

Kai rubbed his neck and said, “How do you think Suho is? He got slapped, and he has shut himself out of EXO. We’ve tried to talk to him, but he doesn’t want to listen. When school is over, he goes off by himself.”

Mi Young said, “Where is EXO right now?”

Kai sighed and said, “Well, we all are gathering in the gymnasium.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “Okay, let’s go.”

Kai didn’t move and said, “Mi Young, what’s going on? Two weeks ago, you didn’t want anything to do with us, now you want to see EXO? I don’t want you to go there only to break their hearts again…especially Suho. What’s the real reason you want to see EXO?”

Mi Young sighed and said, “I’m lonely.”

Kai raised an eyebrow and said, “Lonely? You’ve got a bunch of girlfriends to talk too.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “Yeah, I know. But, they’re not into the music that EXO is into. The girls that I talk too, don’t care about instruments. They want to talk about fashion, hair, their boyfriends and what they want to do in the future. And to tell you the truth…I miss EXO.”

Kai was stunned and said, “You miss us?”

Mi Young nodded and said, “Yeah. I miss all of you. EXO are the first real friends that I’ve had and my heart can’t take it anymore that I hurt all of you.”

Kai nodded and said, “Yeah, we miss you too. Especially D.O. and Lay. They both loved talking to you and they’ve been trying to keep Suho busy, so that he doesn’t think about you.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “I understand. Please, Kai. Take me to them, please.”

Kai sighed and said, “Okay. Maybe you can make Suho smile again.”

              Kai led Mi Young to the gymnasium and before he took her to them, he held her back and had her look at them. She watched as Kris, Tao, Chanyeol and Sehun were playing basketball and the others were talking and sitting on the floor. Kai pointed over to the bleachers and there sat Suho. Mi Young’s heart hurt as she watched Suho sitting there by himself. Mi Young pulled back and looked at Kai.

“I never realized that my actions or words hurt EXO that much.”

Kai nodded and said, “It did very much. Especially to Suho, who took a liking to you.”

              Mi Young nodded and she walked away from Kai. She walked toward the bleachers. She looked over and saw EXO stopping and looking at Mi Young. Kai sat on the end bleacher and shook his head at EXO to let them know to stay out of it. EXO silently agreed and continued to play. Mi Young slowly walked toward Suho and she saw that his head was down and shoulders slumped. She’s never seen Suho like this. He’s usually smiling and laughing. Mi Young knew that she was the reason for his emotions.

              Suho was looking down at the floor and he heard footsteps walking towards him but he didn’t care. He just wanted to be left alone. He sighed and he blinked when he saw shoes standing in front of him. Suho slowly raised his head and he looked up, and he was surprised. There standing in front of him was Mi Young. Suho felt a lump in his throat as he looked at her. She smiled at him, but he could also tell that she was faking the smile.

Suho swallowed and said, “M..Mi Young?”

Mi Young nodded and said, “Suho, what are you doing sitting here? Why aren’t you playing with the other members?”

Suho shrugged and said, “Just not feeling up to it.”

Mi Young sighed and knelt in front of Suho, which surprised him. Mi Young took his hands in hers and she looked at him and said, “Suho, I want to apologize for slapping you and yelling at you and EXO. I just needed time to think about what happened.”

Suho nodded and opened his mouth to say something but she put her finger to his mouth to keep him quiet. Mi Young said, “I thought that if I stayed away from EXO for two weeks, that I would finally get over you. But, that is the hardest two weeks I’ve ever felt. I tried to do things to stop thinking about EXO, but every time I would turn on the radio, I would hear one of the songs that I played for you, and my mind would come back to EXO.”

Mi Young ran her thumbs over Suho’s hand and she looked at his hands saying, “I’m so lonely without EXO. Since I came to the University, and EXO came up and talked to me and made me a friend with EXO, I’ve felt so happy. I’ve never really had any friends like EXO and I felt empty without EXO in my life. I’m not angry at any of you, for letting me talk to VIXX. After what happened, I was so confused and angry, that I didn’t think about what I was saying and doing.”

Mi Young looked up at Suho and she had tears in her eyes as she said, “And then when I slapped you. I couldn’t believe that I could do that…especially to you. After it happened, I haven’t been able to sleep. I was told after two weeks that you were depressed, and I don’t like seeing any of the EXO members depressed, so I decided after two weeks, to come back to you.”

Suho bit his bottom lip and said, “You…You mean you are coming back to us?”

Mi Young nodded and said, “I’m too lonely without having EXO in my life. The girls that I became friends with are nothing like EXO. They don’t care much about instruments, but whenever I played an instrument for EXO, I saw how much enjoyment you and the others got from the music. I wanted to come here and try and come back to you. Can you ever forgive me?”

Suho was quiet and he looked behind her to see the EXO members standing there and looking at Mi Young’s back and Suho. Suho looked over at Kai who was walking up toward Suho. Suho looked at Mi Young and said, “I missed you Mi Young.”

Mi Young smiled and she moved forward and put her arms around his neck as he put his arms around her waist and they hugged. All the members jumped around and yelled as they high-fived each other and started to dance.

Suho stood up and helped Mi Young up and said, “There was never anything to forgive. We understood that you needed time, so that’s what we gave you.”

Mi Young smiled and leaned over and pecked Suho on the cheek and said, “Thank you, Suho.”

Suho blushed and then Kai said, “Hey, I was the one that told you about Suho.”

Mi Young smiled and walked over to Kai and was going to give him a kiss, but he immediately ran off and Mi Young said, “Kai, I thought you’d want a kiss too.”

Kai shook his head and said, “No. That’s fine.”

After Mi Young made up with Suho, Mi Young went over to the other members and gave them hugs and they said the same thing that Suho said, ‘There never was anything to forgive.’

              Because Mi Young came back to them, Suho decided to treat everyone and they went to a famous restaurant that was a few blocks from the school. They walked there and as they walked in, the waitress brought them to their seats. Mi Young looked around at how beautiful the restaurant looked. It had the Asian feel, but also it had items from around the world. The waitress came back and they ordered some food and drinks.

As they waited for their food, D.O. said, “So, Mi Young how do you like the restaurant?”

Mi Young nodded and said, “It’s very homey and beautiful.”

Baekhyun smiled and said, “Would you believe that one of our parents owns this restaurant?”

Mi Young’s eyes went wide and said, “Really? Who?”

Baekhyun smiled and pointed and said, “Chanyeol.”

Mi Young smiled and said, “Really? Wow. It’s very beautiful.”

Chanyeol nodded and said, “Thank you. It’s been in our family for many years.”

Mi Young said, “Are you going to take over it?”

Chanyeol shrugged and said, “I might. I haven’t thought if I wanted to take the restaurant or not.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “You should.”

Chanyeol said, “Why?”

Mi Young smiled and said, “Because then I and the other EXO members will come visit you.”

              Chanyeol blushed and the food came. Everyone dug in and enjoyed the food that Suho ordered and will pay for. As Mi Young was eating she looked up and scanned over all the members. She missed seeing their faces and the ways they act. Her friends are nothing like EXO. After two hours of eating, talking and laughing, Mi Young’s cell phone rang. EXO was surprised that she had a cell phone.

Mi Young smiled and said, “Excuse me, I’ll be right back.” Mi Young stood up and walked toward the restrooms while EXO were cleaning up their places.

Sehun looked at Suho and said, “Did you know that Mi Young had a phone?”

Suho shrugged and said, “No. That girl sure can keep a secret.”

The other members nodded and they saw Mi Young walk back. They noticed that she looked happy, but they didn’t want to say anything.

              It was time to leave the restaurant and Suho paid for the bill at the register. Mi Young and the others walked outside to wait for Suho. As they were talking and laughing, Mi Young turned around as she heard footsteps walking towards them. Her eyes went wide and she just stood there like a stone. The members turned to look also and looked at who it was that walked up to them.

A male voice came out of the figure, “Mi Young, so nice to see you.”

Suho walked out and saw EXO standing and looking at the figure. Suho walked next to Xiumin and said, “Who is that?”

Xiumin shrugged and said, “I don’t know. But, he knows Mi Young.”

Mi Young finally spoke up, “I…I thought we agreed to meet later?”

The man sighed and said, “I know. But, I wanted to see you so badly.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “I know. I felt the same way.”

D.O. walks over to Mi Young and said, “Mi Young? Who is that?”

Mi Young smiled and said, “My twin brother.”

D.O. blinks and looks at the man. Now, he can see the resemblance to Mi Young.

The man smiled and said, “I take it she didn’t tell you about me?”

EXO shook their heads. The man sighed and said, “Well, that’s Mi Young for you.”

Suho spoke up, “Um, excuse me, but what’s your name?”

The man laughed and said, “Where are my manners?” He bows and says, “My name is Shane Lee.”

Tao said, “Lee? But, why isn’t you and Mi Young’s last name the same?”

Mi Young looked at Tao as she started to walk toward Shane and said, “Because, Young is my first name. I just made it look like Young was my last name.” She stood in front of Shane and they put their arms around each other and hugged.

EXO could tell how much affection that both siblings had for each other. After the Lee siblings pulled away, Baekhyun said, “Shane isn’t an Asian name.”

Shane smiled and said, “Well, we’re not full Asian. But, our parents had some. We were born in America. Our parents wanted easy names for our friends back in America to learn.”

Baekhyun looked at Mi Young and said, “Mi Young isn’t your real name?”

Mi Young sighed and looked to the ground shaking her head. EXO looked at each other and then Suho said, “What’s your real name, Mi Young?”

Shane spoke up when Mi Young didn’t say anything. He said, “Her name is Stacey. Stacey Lee.”

Suho looked at Mi Young and said, “Why didn’t you tell us this?”

Mi Young looked at Suho and said, “I couldn’t. It had to be a secret.”

Kai could see that Suho was starting to feel depressed again. Kai looked at Mi Young and said, “I should’ve never allowed you to see EXO.”

Shane spoke up, “HEY! It’s not Mi Young’s fault. She HAD to keep her identity a secret!”

Kai said, “Why? And why did you show up all of a sudden?”

Shane was quiet as he looked at Mi Young. Kai growled and turned around and started to lead EXO away.

Mi Young left the comfort of her brother’s arms and walked closer to EXO and said, “I HAD TOO! OR WE WOULD BE KILLED!”

That stopped EXO in their tracks. Suho turned around and saw that Mi Young was in tears. Mi Young said, “Please. Don’t leave me. Let me explain. I can’t bear to hurt you again.”

Shane walked toward Mi Young and put his arms around her and looked at EXO and said, “Can we talk somewhere else? I don’t like being out in the open.”

Suho looked at Mi Young as she looked at the ground and wiping her eyes.

                EXO led Mi Young and Shane to the school and up the stairs to the music room. Shane walked in and looked around. His eyes spotted the instruments and he walked over and touched the piano. He spotted the violin and picked it up. He closed his eyes and he could feel that she touched it. He looked over at EXO who were getting comfortable in the chairs and he saw Mi Young walk up to him quietly.

Shane sighed and pulled a chair out for Mi Young to sit. He said, “I know many of you have questions. But, right now, just let me explain. Mi Young is too emotional to speak. When Mi Young and I lived back in America, we had a great life. Our parents were so happy to have twins. Apparently, I found out that in my mom’s family, twins were a constant thing. A year after we were born, our mother died. We still don’t know why. Our father took care of us. He eventually remarried and our stepmother is the typical stepmother, she hated everything about us. She constantly tried to separate the both of us, but it never worked. That’s when she got this idea in her head to take me and sell me to a family in Ireland. I never saw Mi Young ever again. I was told as I grew up that my family died and I was an only child.”

Mi Young looked at the floor and said, “I was told that my brother died from complications.”

Shane sighed saying, “I lived in Ireland for the rest of my life and loved the family that I was with. But, for many years, I had these visions…”

Xiumin said, “Visions? What kinds of visions?”

Shane shrugged and said, “I don’t know. They’re hard to understand. But, they show a beautiful woman wearing a blue dress. She had long black midnight hair, pale skin and blood red lips. She was in the forest walking under the bright white moon. In front of her were a pack of wolves. Behind her were vampires.”

Suho looked at Mi Young and then stood up as he looked at Shane and said, “Would you believe that most of us had the same visions?”

Mi Young looked up at Suho and said, “What?”

Suho nodded and said, “Yeah. It’s like whenever you played a song, we would get lost in the song and a vision would appear.”

Shane said, “Did all of you get that from the songs?”

Suho shook his head and said, “No. Chanyeol, Chen and Tao are the only ones that haven’t see the visions yet. And Lay saw a vision while looking in Mi Young’s eyes.”

Shane looked at Mi Young and said, “You never knew about this?”

Mi Young shook her head and said, “No. I didn’t know about this until VIXX told me.”

Shane said, “Who’s VIXX?”

Xiumin said, “Another group of boys that belong to this school. They’re gone for a month.”

Mi Young sighed and stood up and looked at Shane saying, “They’re vampires.”

Shane’s eyes went wide and said, “WHAT?!”

Xiumin laughed and ran over saying, “No. They’re not vampires. It was just a misconception.”

Mi Young shrugged and said, “Xiumin can say it was a misconception. But, I know what I saw.”

Shane said, “Well, whatever it is. These visions must have a meaning behind it. The only way is to continue playing them out.”

Mi Young said, “Which means?”

Shane touches her cheek and says, “You have to play music for the last three.”

Mi Young shook her head saying, “No. I don’t want to do anything that could harm EXO.”

Kris said, “Mi Young, until we know what the visions mean, you have to show Chanyeol, Chen and Tao the visions.”

Mi Young looked at Shane and he took her hand saying, “I’ll be right here.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “Alright. But, let me freshen up first.”

Shane watched as Mi Young left and he slowly looked at EXO and said, “So. Who is the leader of this pack?”

Kris raised his hand and said, “I am.”

Shane nodded and said, “I see. So, does Mi Young know about all of you?”

EXO looked at each other again and D.O. said, “What do you mean?”

Shane laughed and said, “Oh come on. You can’t stand there and tell me that you’re not….wolves.”

All the members of EXO stood there frozen. They can’t believe that Mi Young’s brother, who just arrived, figured out their secret.

 

To be continued…

 

I know this chapter was longer because I introduced Mi Young's twin brother, Shane.

 

What do you think of the chapter?

 

I wanted to do a little twist to make it seem a little more interesting. Shane came into the picture and he knows EXO’s secrets.

Plus, Shane had the same vision. Could it be because he’s Mi Young’s twin? Or could it be something else?

 

You’ll have to wait till next chapter to see if I reveal a little more information about the twins. Plus, I might put in the reason why they could be killed.

 

Thank you for reading the chapters, and please leave some feedback and upvote.

 

And as always….

 

 

                         SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!!!