Chapter 16 - Some Memories Just Won't Die

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

               The next morning, Mi Young opened her eyes and saw that she was in a room. She sat up and looked around and realized that she was in her bedroom. She yawned and stretched as she stood up and walked over to the window and opened the curtains. It was so sunny out and there was blue sky. Mi Young looked at her calendar and saw that it was Saturday. No school. Mi Young ran over to her closet and put on a pair of blue jeans and a pink t-shirt. She sat down on the bed and got some gym shoes on, then opened the door. She gasped when she saw Suho and Lay sitting outside her door.

Suho smiled and said, “Good morning, Mi Young.”

Mi Young smiled and said, “Good morning to you too, Suho. And to you Lay.” Mi Young looked over at Lay.

Lay and Suho stood up and Lay said, “So, what are your plans today, Mi Young?”

Mi Young was quiet and then said, “I was thinking about going to the mall and shop. Do you guys want to tag along?”

Suho looked at Lay and said, “We should talk to Kris before we say yes.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “Can’t you guys do anything without asking Kris for his permission? Geez, this isn’t kindergarten.”

Lay sighed and said, “Mi Young, you have to remember, Kris is the Alpha. We have to go through him.”

Mi Young grit her teeth and said, “Okay.”

Suddenly, Mi Young grabbed Suho and Lay’s hands and quickly walked to the music room. She heard talking and she threw open the door and saw EXO standing around and talking. She pulled Suho and Lay behind her and she looked at Kris. Kris could tell she wasn’t happy.

Mi Young said, “Kris, me, Suho and Lay are going to the mall. We’ll see you later.”

Mi Young turned around and started to push them out into the hallway when she heard Kris’s voice.

“Mi Young…since when do you tell my pack whether they can leave or not?”

Mi Young turned around and said, “Kris, is this kindergarten all of a sudden? They are grown men and they have to ask YOU for permission?”

Kris started to walk toward Mi Young and said, “I take responsibility for them. If anything happens to them, I’ll be in trouble.”

Mi Young rolled her eyes and said, “Oh please. Like their parents are going to yell at you. Come on, Kris. Live a little. All I’m asking is for you to quit trying to play daddy all the time.”

Kris growled at Mi Young which caused her to take a step backwards. Kris said, “Watch what you say, Mi Young. Remember, I AM Alpha here.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “Fine. Then Suho and Lay can stay here. I’m going out.”

Mi Young turned and started to walk away when she was grabbed by her arm and practically pulled into the music room. Mi Young whimpered when she saw Kris’s eyes had turned yellow and he brought her to the center of the room.

Kris said, “EXO tell me what the rules are for this school?”

Xiumin said, “The rules of this school is that new students are not allowed to leave the school unaided.”

Kris nodded and looked at the others and said, “What else?”

Chanyeol said, “Alpha’s word is law. He tells you what you can do or where you can go.”

Kris nodded and then he looked at Mi Young and said, “So you see. Unless I allow Suho and Lay out…I can’t allow you out, unless someone is with you.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “Oh come on, Kris.”

Kris sighed and said, “I’m sorry Mi Young. But, EXO has some work we have to do. So, you’re instructed to stay in the school. If you want, go take out some of your energy in the gym or go swimming in the pool.”

Kris looked at his watch and said, “Come on, let’s go.”

               All of EXO walked out of the room, leaving Mi Young by herself. She turned around and saw them exiting the school and getting into four cars. She watched the cars leave the premises. Mi Young stood there and looked at her watch. A smirk came across her face and she ran out of the room and down the stairs. The majority of the students were either out of the school or studying for tests. Mi Young looked around for anyone watching, and she just calmly walked out of the school. The minute she left the school she breathed in the cool crisp air and enjoyed the sun on her face. She walked to the end of the driveway and looked down both sides of the road. She knew that the mall was only five blocks away. She took out her wallet and looked at the money she had. She smiled and walked to the mall.

Mi Young arrived at the mall and looked at her watch. She knows that she should be back to the school in four hours. Mi Young started walking around the mall and looking at all the stores. She quickly found a music store and bought some cds. She went into some other stores and was enjoying herself. She didn’t realize the time. She went into a department store and was shopping for some clothes.

               Mi Young was looking at some clothes when she looked up and saw a group of men walk in. Mi Young didn’t like the aura that was surrounding them. She saw one of them look her way and she looked away and ducked down. She walked to another part of the store and continued looking through the clothes but always watchful for those men. She saw them over by the men’s shoes and again one of them was looking her way. She narrowed her eyes and glared at him.

               Mi Young turned and walked over to a register and bought the clothes, and then left. Just before she left, she turned and gasped when all of them were looking her way. She counted 15. She turned and walked quickly out of the store. She went to a few more department stores and at the last department store, Mi Young walked out only to see all 15 of those men sitting on some couches. Mi Young sighed and walked over to them and stood in front of them, and looked at them.

Mi Young folded her arms over her chest and said, “Okay, who are you and why are you following me?”

The men looked at each other and one of them said, “We weren’t following you. We were enjoying the mall.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “Really? How interesting. Well, if you’re here to annoy me, it’s not going to happen. So, go away.”

Mi Young turned and started to walk away when she heard someone say, “Kris Wu is pretty pissed.”

Mi Young turned back around and looked at them and said, “You know Kris Wu?”

All 15 men nodded their heads. Mi Young said, “They were going to be gone ALL day. How would he even know that I was gone?”

The youngest looked at her and said, “Look at your watch.”

Mi Young looked at her watch and she gasped. She noticed that she was at the mall for about five hours. She never told EXO she was leaving.

Mi Young looked at them and said, “Did Kris send you?”

One of them stood up and walked over saying, “Yes he did.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “Who are all of you?”

The one standing smiled and said, “Oh please forgive me. Where are our manners? I’m the Alpha of this group. My name is Leeteuk. This group is called Super Junior.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “Um, when you say Alpha, you are…”

Leeteuk nodded and said, “Wolves? Yes.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “Kris is going to kill me.”

Another man walked over and he smiled saying, “No he won’t. My name is Donghae and Kris won’t kill a hybrid. You’re too valuable.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “I wonder about that.”

Donghae bit his bottom lip and said, “Well, we might as well go and see EXO, before it’s too late.”

Mi Young nodded and she walked with Super Junior to a waiting limo.

Mi Young was surprised and said, “You ride in a limo?’

Leeteuk nodded and said, “Just because we’re wolves doesn’t mean we can’t act as normal people. Not all of us go to school. The only one in school right now, is Henry.”

They all got into the limo and the chauffeur drove them back to the school. Leeteuk and Siwon walked Mi Young back into the school and up the stairs. Mi Young bit her bottom lip as Leeteuk opened the door and Siwon gently pushed Mi Young in. There sitting were 12 angry wolves as they stood up and glared at her. Mi Young looked down at the floor and bit her bottom lip. Siwon could feel how nervous she is.

Kris stood where he was and said, “Mi Young, did I not tell you that you were NOT to leave the school grounds?”

Mi Young nodded.

Kris shouted, “SPEAK UP! Did I NOT tell you to leave the school grounds?!”

Mi Young nodded and said, “Yes. You did.”

Kris gritted his teeth and said, “And you disobeyed me.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “Yes. I did.”

Kris walked over to a table and glared at Mi Young. He slammed his hand down on the table causing everyone to jump from the sound. But, what they didn’t expect was the reaction from Mi Young.

They heard a scream and looked to see Mi Young in tears. She covered her ears and said, “I…I’m sorry, Kris. I won’t do it again.”

Kris was so angry, when he saw Mi Young in tears he started to feel bad for making her cry. He started to walk toward her only to have her cry out and bolt from the room. He ran over to the door but she had run down the hallway and away from him. He turned back and looked on the floor to see the bags that she had from the mall. Kris sighed and picked the bags up. He handed them to Luhan.

Kris said, “See if you can calm her down.”

Luhan nodded and walked out of the room and went to look for Mi Young.

Leeteuk looked at Kris and said, “That was interesting. I take it you don’t normally show that side of you to Mi Young?”

Kris shook his head and said, “No. But, she made me so furious.”

Siwon nodded and said, “Of course, but you have to understand that she’s not like us. She’s still a young girl who is learning how to use her new found powers.”

Kris sighed and said, “I know. I just wished that she would listen to me.”

Leeteuk was quiet and then said, “Mi Young isn’t from around here, right?”

Kris shook his head and said, “No. She’s more American than Korean.”

Leeteuk nodded and said, “Well, our little Henry is a hybrid as well.”

Kris’s eyes went wide and said, “Really?”

Leeteuk nodded and said, “Yes. Also, he is from Canada and he’s Chinese. So, he can speak English really well.”

Suho stood up and said, “That’s great. Mi Young will have someone to talk too.”

Kris sighed and said, “I don’t know if I want Henry around Mi Young.”

Leeteuk looked at Kris and said, “Why not?”

Kris sighed and said, “Well, after today. She’s going to be in so much trouble. She’s grounded.”

Suho walked over to Kris and said, “Kris. This is Mi Young’s first offense. You shouldn’t be too hard on her. We can ground her for a week, but we don’t need to go too harsh.”

Kris ran his fingers through his hair and said, “I know. But, she needs to learn, Suho.”

Suho nodded and said, “I know. But, allow Henry, I and Luhan to help her.”

Kris sighed and said, “Alright.”

Suho smiled and bowed to Siwon and Leeteuk as he ran out of the room and down the hall.

Leeteuk laughed and said, “I take it that Suho is the omega?”

Kris laughed and said, “Not exactly. But, he’s like an umma to the pups.”

Leeteuk nodded and said, “Well, we got to get back to the others.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luhan was sitting on Mi Young’s bed as she was sitting next to him with her head down. Luhan had brought in Mi Young’s shopping bags and wanted to stay with her and try to cheer her up. But, everything he tried to say, didn’t help.

Luhan sighed and said, “Mi Young, I know that Kris was a little hard on you. But, look at how this happened? Kris told you to stay in the school.”

Mi Young looked away from Luhan.

Luhan sighed and said, “Mi Young, Kris won’t do anything to you. He may bark at you, but he’s really a softie.”

Luhan tried a few more times, but Mi Young wouldn’t say anything. Luhan sighed and stood up. Just as he opened the door, Suho appeared. He hand a smile on his face.

Luhan walked out of the room and closed the door and said, “Suho, what are you doing here? And why are you smiling?”

Suho said, “I talked to Kris. He is going to let her off a little as seeing it’s her first offense. I need to tell her.”

Luhan sighed and said, “Good luck. I haven’t been able to get a word out of her.”

Suho sighed and opened the door. He walked in and saw how miserable Mi Young looked. Suho walked over to Mi Young and sat down on the bed next to her. He didn’t say a word. Then he heard Mi Young speak.

“So. Are you going to tell me how wrong it was for me to leave? You can save your breath. Luhan already told me.”

Suho sighed and said, “No, I’m not here to tell you that.”

Mi Young looked at Suho and said, “So, why ARE you here?”

Suho felt for Mi Young. Her eyes were puffy and red from crying. He sighed and said, “I talked to Kris. He has agreed that he won’t make you suffer too much as seeing it’s your first offense.”

Mi Young shrugged and said, “So, what do I care?” Mi Young stood up and walked over to the window.

Suho stood up and said, “I thought you’d like to know.”

Mi Young said without turning around, “Was it your idea to not make me suffer?”

Suho rubbed the back of his neck and said, “Well, of course.”

Mi Young turned around and said, “Why?”

Suho said, “Well, for one. You’re a girl. Girls shouldn’t get the same treatment a boy gets. We get worse treatments because…well, we can take it. Girls can’t. And second….well, it’s your first offense. I don’t think it’s right that he should make ANYONE suffer if they don’t know the rules.”

Mi Young nodded and said, “I see. Thank you, Suho.”

Suho smiled and said, “I have a big heart, even though I don’t show it.”

Mi Young turned to look out the window again when she heard Suho speak.

“Mi Young, mind if I ask if something happened to you?”

Mi Young was quiet and didn’t say anything for quite some time. Suho figured that Mi Young wasn’t going to say anything. He started to walk to the door when he heard her talk. He turned around and looked at Mi Young’s back.

               “I remember when I was a child, all the fun I had. But, that was taken away…when they created me. I’m an abomination…a mistake as I’ve heard many call me. I wanted to grow up as a woman with a dream. But, now my dreams are shattered with nightmares. The wolves have it easy. They can run. A hybrid can’t. We are only meant to be with our owners. I was supposed to have died.”

Mi Young sniffled and wiped some tears from her eyes as she continued looking out the window and said, “Suho…do you know what it feels like have metal on your skin?”

Suho shook his head and said, “No.”

Mi Young sighed and said, “And you should never know. It’s painful and it will scar you for life. Your soul will be broken and all you’ll ever know is pain and hate.”

Suho swallowed down the lump in his throat and said, “Did someone hurt you?”

Mi Young looked at Suho and said, “The ones who created me. They tortured, beat and starved me. All in the name of science. A metal pipe or even a whip are things that someone who is as sweet as you, should never know how it feels.”

Suho walked toward Mi Young and said, “What they did to you, wasn’t right. They should’ve never hurt you like that.”

Mi Young looked back out the window and said, “The Blue Lady…she’s like me.”

Suho raised an eyebrow and said, “How so?”

Mi Young said, “She’s a hybrid. That’s why she walks her path. She’s waiting.”

Suho said, “Waiting? Waiting for who?”

Mi Young sighed and said, “Waiting for the one who will finally release her.”

Suho said, “Mi Young?”

Mi Young looked at Suho and smiled saying, “There will come a day where I will finally have to part with you and your group. I will have to find my own path.”

Suho said, “But, not yet.”

Mi Young shook her head and said, “Not yet. But, it will happen. Hybrids are not meant to walk the earth.”

Suho sighed and said, “Kris won’t hurt you, if that’s what you’re afraid of.”

Mi Young shook her head and said, “I’m not afraid of him. I’m just afraid of what will happen when the truth will come out about me.”

Suho sighed and said, “Will you come back to the music room with me?”

Mi Young sat down on her bed again and said, “Not right now. Maybe later. I just want to be alone.”

Suho nodded and said, “I understand.”

Suho walked to the door when Mi Young spoke.

“Suho, don’t tell anyone what I told you. I don’t want them to hate or like me just because of my past.”

Suho turned around and looked at Mi Young and said, “You have my word.”

Suho bowed and walked out of Mi Young’s room. Mi Young laid down on her bed and closed her eyes.

 

To be continued….

 

  • Mi Young met Super Junior.
  • Henry is a young hybrid.
  • Mi Young was tortured and beaten when she was young.
  • Mi Young finally opened up and talked to Suho.

 

Thanks for reading my chapters. Please take some time to leave me some feedback and upvote.

 

And as always….

                                                                       SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!!!