Chapter 1: New Day Dawning

Until The Last Moment (was My Immortal)

                                                                               The Vampires

     Thousands of years before our time, lived creatures that we only know in stories and fairytales. Creatures that will haunt your nightmares. But, before those creatures ever saw light, people were to blame for creating them. Scientists were mad and evil back then. They were wanting to create things that only God could imagine. God created life, but the scientists took it a step further and did it without the hand of God helping. The scientists wanted to experiment and see what would happen if a creature that was half human and half bat could survive after being born.

     After many failed experiments, the scientists finally made a breakthrough. An actual newborn baby boy that had the DNA of a bat and a human was created. The parents of that baby cared for it even though many people thought it looked hideous. When it was hungry, the parents found out that the baby craved for blood. They killed their cattle and gave the baby a bottle of blood. The baby loved the taste of blood. As the baby grew it never aged, while his parents aged and eventually died. The baby soon grew into a handsome teenage boy that was sought after by many young girls. Though, he eventually realized that he couldn’t be in the sun, or he would get burned. Because of that he developed pale skin and yellow eyes. The girls looked past his pale skin and yellow eyes. But, something in the boy started to change and within the span of his lifetime, he had killed many animals to keep him alive.

     Until, one day, he was out with one of the young girls and as they walked hand-in-hand down the street, the young girl was so entranced by the young boy that she wasn’t watching where she was going and she tripped and fell to the ground. The young boy stooped down to help her up, when he saw her knee. Her knee was bleeding and had some gravel imbedded in the wound. The young boy started to hear a heartbeat in his ears as he continued to look at her knee. He helped the girl up and they walked toward the nearest doctor, but before they walked in, the young boy took the girl behind a store and had her sit down on some boxes. He lifted up her dress to look at the wound and saw her blood dripping down her leg. The boy wiped her blood with his finger and put it against his tongue. He felt a sensation like no other on his tongue. The first taste of human blood caused an immediate reaction and he looked up at the girl and he smiled. But, it wasn’t a smile of happiness, the girl saw fangs and as she screamed out, the young boy sunk his fangs into her neck taking the life out of the young girl.

     As the girl’s life slowly faded, the boy pulled away and wiped his mouth. He his lips and craved for the taste of human blood. When he heard running, the boy jumped over an eight foot tall fence and ran into the dark. For the next few years, the boy has taken more than 100 people, women and men, to the graves. He craved for the blood of mortals, but after almost a 100 years, he had no one to share his happiness with. Until he saw a beautiful woman, walk off a ship that had sailed from Paris, France. She was exquisite and wreaked of pure innocent blood. She walked with a straight gate and never looked around. The boy, now a man, wanted and needed this woman.

     He followed her to a brothel, and before she could enter, he made himself known. The woman had flawless skin and she smiled at him. After that first meeting, the man wouldn’t leave the woman’s side. After courting the woman for a year, he wanted to make her his bride. He asked for her hand in marriage and she agreed. Later, she’ll regret her decision. The woman sent a message to France, to make a beautiful one of a kind wedding dress, fit for a queen. When the dress came, it was a sight to see. Full of lace, rhinestones, and jewels of every kind and every color. The man took the woman to his home. He had her bathe in lavender oil and when she came out, he laid her on the bed and sunk his teeth into her neck. She screamed and clawed at his torso and tried to get him off, but to no avail. The man had killed his bride. He got off her and his lips as he took a few steps away and waited.

     The once beautiful French woman was no more than a corpse. Her skin had turned to ashen grey, her eyes turned white and her hair had lost the beautiful brown color. The man waited until the sound of a heartbeat in his ears stopped beating. He looked at his watch and saw that it took fifteen minutes to kill her. He watched her body start to slowly decay, as he checked his watch and saw that it was one hour after he killed her. The man walked over to her and slit his wrist. Dark blood oozed out of the wound as he put a glass under his wrist. Dark blood filled the glass half way, and the wound closed up. He stood next to the woman and opened . He put the glass near her lips and tilted it so that the blood flowed out of the glass and into . The man stood up before the glass was finished and looked at his watch. Then, he smiled as he watched the corpse start getting life back into her body. The French woman went from being a corpse to being a porcelain woman, with blood red lips, dark brown eyes and dark hair. She sat up and he offered his wrist and she sunk her teeth into his wrist and drank her fill.

     The man pulled away and looked at his bride. She was beautiful, more beautiful than all of God’s creation. Over many centuries, the man and woman was never seen or heard of again. They lived in solitude away from people. After 100s of years, the woman bore many children. Those children later married and had children. The whole world was infested with half bat and half human babies. Years down the road, people would later call them, Vampires.  

     As more people populated, the Vampires grew. They grew in such numbers, that people actually forgot how many were in the world. People feared going outside at night. They would look out their windows, wondering if the Vampires are waiting for an unsuspecting person to travel at night. There have been many who did not heed the warnings and their lives feel prey to the Vampires.

     But, in the midst of the population of Vampires were growing, something was happening to the point, where the Vampires started to dwindle down in numbers. The Vampires infested every part of the world except for the North Pole and Antarctica. People wondered if the Vampires were falling sick, but those that wondered were laughed at. Everyone knew that Vampires can’t get sick, they’re dead. What was killing off the Vampires? Could it be Vampire hunters? Or could it be something else?

     No one ever knew why the Vampires eventually dwindled down to only a dozen left. With many of the Vampires gone, the people were able to step out of their homes at night after so long. Now, there are carnivals, and parties at night commemorating the first night out of their houses since the Vampires came. The Vampires could only watch from afar and hiss as the mortals were prancing around and shouting that they are free from the Vampires. The Vampires moved from their spots and changed into monsters as they flew away, but one Vampire stayed around. It was a young female, and she looked in the deepest and darkest place in the forest and as she slowly walked toward the abyss she heard noises coming from there. When she got close to it, she heard something heavy coming toward her, and suddenly she saw red blood eyes looking at her and smelled the breath of rotting flesh. A low growl was heard coming from the abyss. As the creature came toward her, she looked down to see a huge brown paw with claws and then looked up to see the red eyes and a black snout, but under the snout was what frightened the young Vampire girl. Razor sharp teeth with drool dripping off the ends. She could see spots of blood on the teeth, knowing that this creature probably tore its kill apart. But, the creature didn’t move any further. Both the Vampire girl and the creature looked at each other. After a few minutes, the creature moved back into the abyss and was gone. The Vampire girl smiled and turned to look at the humans. She had midnight black hair, pale skin and sapphire eyes and then she was scooped up by one of the adult Vampires and they flew away.

The Vampires knew that their reign over the mortals were dwindling down little by little. Soon, the time of the Vampires will be over and something else will take their place over the mortals.  It will be a new day dawning for the humans, or so they think.

 

To be continued...

 

What did you think of the first chapter? I know it's kind of boring, but I wanted to show what happened with the Vampires. How they started out and what was killing them off.

 

Thank you for reading the first chapter....

 

And as always....

 

 

                                                                              SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!!!