ch. 45

Heartbreaker

 

“There’s only one way I can fix this, and it’s….by leaving and..”

Yeoshin looked up.

“I need to finish college.” Yeoshin said.

“College?”

“My father wants me to marry someone who could run his company, and..Tao ge..he said that it would be better if I just ran it myself.”

“But, why do you have to leave?” Sehun asked hotly, Luhan patted his arm.

“We’re going to be an obstacle to each other. I can’t exactly study in a dorm filled with twelve boys and you can’t exactly take care of another person in this place when your world tour starts.”

“No.” Chanyeol whispered, Yeoshin sighed and just walked to him.

“I’ll visit. I promise, oppa.” She said before hugging the tall male.

 

Yeoshin looked up as the door opened, Kai slid in and eyed the still empty luggage on the floor.

“Are you here to snap at me again?”

“No.”

She smiled before closing her laptop.

“I’m…sorry.” Kai said while leaning on the wall, she nodded and stood up to put her laptop on the desk.

“It’s fine, Kai. I understand. It was kind of cliché movie like.”

Kai sighed and walked to her.

“Do you even take me seriously, Kim Yeoshin?” He asked, his face dangerously close to hers.

“Kai, you know~”

“What do I know?” He stepped closer, his breath touching her cheek.

“You don’t know me, you don’t know where I came from. I’m bad for you.”

“Don’t you think I can decide that? I like you, and I don’t care about your past.” Kai replied, Yeoshin winced.

“And I hate how you..have to leave just when I realized how much I need you, Shin.” Kai said as he leaned his forehead against hers.

“Kai, I~”

“You don’t need to say anything, just…let me hug you.” Kai replied, Yeoshin smiled before Kai wrapped his arms around her.

“I’m going to miss you, Kim Kai.” She said before kissing his cheek.

“You should put up your ice princess façade as soon as school starts.”

Yeoshin smiled.

“Promise me you wont ever audition for We Go Married.” She replied. Kai let go of her.

“Deal.” Kai nodded before kissing her forehead.

 

 

“Take it or leave it, I can always go back to China. I can always go back to where you got me.” Yeoshin stated.

Her father leaned against his desk and rubbed his chin. It was clear that the man was aggravated.

“So, you want to take the position instead,” Kim Ilpyo looked up.

“Yes, give me three years to finish college then I’ll do my best to continue your..legacy.”

The man smiled, his daughter was just like him.

Hardheaded and determined.

“Three years?” He questioned.

“Yes, give me that and I’ll come back to take over.”

 

Chanyeol kicked the luggage away from him, it landed on the floor with a thud. Yeoshin smiled and wrapped her coat around her.

“I..promise to..keep connected.” She offered, Chen rolled his eyes at her before plopping on the couch. Suho appeared from his room, carrying a black paper bag with him.

“This…You know that we’ve been working with MCM right? We designed this with you in mind,”

Yeoshin paused, Suho smiled and took out the backpack from the paper bag.

“Though, we didn’t expect that we have to give it to you early, way too early.” Luhan added, Yeoshin smiled and took the bag from the older male. Kyungsoo and Lay looked at each other meaningfully.

“But…you’ll be back, right?” Baekhyun asked in a small voice. Even Sehun winced, waiting for her reply.

“Of course.” Yeoshin smiled at the older male before putting the backpack in the paper bag again. Kris sighed before walking to her and pulled her in a hug.

“Now, you made a promise with the one who holds the power of light, you better be back.” Kris murmured before pulling away.

“Joonma, Lu ge.” Yeoshin grumbled as she hugged the two. Suho smiled and rubbed her back comfortingly.

“Aigoo, take care my daughter.”

Yeoshin pulled away and looked at the others. But Tao bounded to her and squeezed her tightly, Xiumin smiled at her.

“I’ll miss you, goddess.”

“This is too fast. It all happened too fast.” Sehun stood up and joined the two in their embrace, then the other eleven joined them.

Yeoshin felt tears line her eyes.

 

 

Yeoshin watched as her father’s secretary loaded her bags to the car, Kai was standing beside her.

“Kyungsoo hyung..made these for you.” He pushed a bag of cookies to her side, she took the bag and smiled.

“You must hate me, huh?” She asked.

“I tried to hate you for leaving, but…I don’t.”

Yeoshin nodded before facing him.

“I promise I’ll be back, Kai. I don’t expect you to wait, but….I’ll be back.”

Kai smiled, he took her hands.

“I’m not letting go though, so that sort of a moot point for you.”

Yeoshin chuckled before wrapping her arms around his neck. Kai smiled and kissed the side of her head.

 

“Oh, don’t forget about not joining We Got Married, okay?” She said before dashing towards the car.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++