26

Heartbreaker

Yeoshin was still up, watching TV in her room when she heard a door creak open, she glanced up. She hears soft steps pad towards the front door, she heard it open then close.

She stood up from her bed, she grabbed her coat and sneakers.

 

Yeoshin got in her silver Lamborghini and went up from the basement just as she noticed a silver BMW convertible leave the building’s entrance, followed by a small white sedan.

She shook her head in disappointment as she kept a good distance from them.

 

The silver BMW parked at an isolate lot near a park, Yeoshin parked meters away from them, then she noticed the white sedan halt a few meters away from her, then two males slid down from the car and walked up towards the park, then Yeoshin could make out their shadows in the darkness as they took out familiar objects from their bags.

She hissed under breath before sliding down from her car and lithely jogging up to them, she climbed the wall silently.

She found the two men with their high-powered cameras, chuckling.

“This is going to be a good scoop!”

“We have them now!”

“Excuse me, you shouldn’t be doing this.” She cleared , the men looked up startled, then they laughed as soon as they realized that she was a girl.

“Stay out of this, dear. I know you’re just worried for you oppa, but leave.”

“That oppa? Please, delete those photos.” Yeoshin said evenly, the two males stood up, towering over her.

“Hand the memory card over.” She stretched her palm, they laughed.

“We told you to leave, now go when we’re still being nice.”

Yeoshin smirked, her jaw tensed, then she twisted sideways and kicked the man squarely on the chest, she managed to get his camera, then the other one lunged at her, grabbing her hair. He slapped her twice, Yeoshin winced but she kicked his shin, then her fist met with his left eye. She felt his camera crash against her nose, she managed to yank it away from him.

“We’re going to report..you! You !” One of them half groaned, Yeoshin grinned before slamming the camera on his face.

“Try it then.” She said before leaping down.

 

Baekhyun jumped as a silver Lamborghing parked beside them.

“Who is that?” Taeyeon rolled up the windows.

Baekhyun was mentally cursing when his phone buzzed.

Get in the car, Byun Baekhyun.

“Noona, I have to go. It’s Yeoshin, I think. I’m really sorry. Something must have went wrong.” Baekhyun said apologetically. Taeyeon nodded and gave his hand a squeeze before he slid down.

 

“Shin.” Baekhyun said as he got in the car, he balked at the machine and his eyes wandered around the interior, then he halted as he saw two disfigured cameras on the headboard, Yeoshin didn’t say anything as she put the car on reverse and she sped away from the lot.

Baekhyun turned to her, worried.

“Yeoshin, I…what the hell?” He balked again, Yeoshin’s nose was bleeding, she had a tissue pressed  to it, while her cheek was turning blue.

“Shin, let me~”

“Oppa, you cant drive. It’s okay, I can handle the pain. Just keep quiet.” She grumbled, Baekhyun frowned and leaned back on his seat.

 

It was four in the morning when they had discovered Yeoshin’s empty room, Lay sighed as he closed the door.

“She’s not picking up.” Kyungsoo said worriedly. Kris was standing by the window, arms crossed, Luhan and Chen were still asleep, Sehun was lying flat on the couch, staring at the clock. Kai and Suho were talking in the kitchen.

Then the front door opened, Lay gasped in shock.

Yeoshin stepped inside the living room, her other cheek was already in a shade of blue, her nose was still bleeding slightly.

“Yeoshin!” Suho walked to her and examined her face, Kyungsoo stood up in search for the first aid kit. Kai stepped and paused.

Sehun was already up, clearing the kitchen counter. Kai lifted her up effortlessly as Lay looked at her hands, both were soiled with dirt.

“Mei, what happened?” Kris asked, then they all noticed Baekhyun, in his casual clothes. He placed the two cameras on the table alongside with Yeoshin’s car keys.

“You were out too?” Suho blinked questioningly. Yeoshin looked away, then she winced as Lay pressed some ice on her cheek.

“You two were together.” Sehun stated.

Kyungsoo came back with some disinfectants, Kai pulled her hair up then he winced as he noticed she had a gash near her hairline.

“Byun Baekhyun, what the hell happened?” Suho asked, his tone hard.

“Oppa, it’s~”

“Don’t cover up for him, Yeoshin. Just get your wounds cleaned.” Suho snapped, Kris leaned against the wall, looking at Baekhyun, then they heard doors opening. One by one the other members walked in the kitchen. Then they all halted as they saw Yeoshin.

“Goddess, what happened?” Chanyeol fretted, Luhan walked to them, Kai was cleaning the gash on her forehead while DO applied some ointment on her bruised cheek.

“I was out…then Yeoshin,” Baekhyun stuttered. Yeoshin sighed, and shook her head.

“I saw Baek oppa leave, and..I followed him. I know I shouldn’t have but I saw another sedan follow you. I sensed danger.” She winced again as Kai dabbed the blood from her nose, Luhan and Xiumin started to clean her fingernails from soil.

Baekhyun turned to Yeoshin, his shoulders hunched as he took in the bruises on her face.

“That still doesn’t explain the bruises on your face.” Kris said flatly. Kai stepped back from Yeoshin, he brushed her hair with his fingers before placing a clean band aid on her wound, he cupped her cheek briefly, then he moved away. Kyungsoo sighed as he leaned against the counter.

“Baek oppa got inside this car, the white sedan followed them. I did the same.” She said, repentant.

“Then, I saw these men…they had huge bags with them, then they started to take pictures.” She finished, Luhan lifted her arm, and found another wound on her elbow, he cursed in Mandarin, Tao grew alarmed as he saw how much blood there was on the bandages.

“I tried to ask them nicely, but…yeah.” Yeoshin finished, her eyes still on the floor. Kris and Suho sighed, Lay lifted her down from the counter.

“I think it’s my second time to be tended to in this counter.” She offered to lighten the mood, but the boys just left the room.

Baekhyun stood there, looking at her.

“Oppa, I’m sorry for following you. I know…I shouldn’t have done that.” Her breathing hitched up, Baekhyun’s eyes widened in panic.

“No, Shin, it’s not~”

She shook her head, Baekhyun saw tears form in her eyes, then they started to run down her cheeks.

“Shin, stop~”

Suho walked back in the kitche, Yeoshin was sobbing quietly.

“I know I shouldn’t have followed you, oppa. But..I was worried, I wanted to know if you were safe….I’m…sorry.” She choked slightly, the members, alarmed ran back to the kitchen again.

“Shin, no. It’s not your fault. I should be apologizing to you.” Baekhyun said, he slowly wrapped his arms around her.

“You saved me. I didn’t know we were being followed, goddess.” Baekhyun said in a soothing tone as he rubbed her back.

 

 

“Thank you, Shin.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++