10

Heartbreaker

 

“Shin, how are you?”

Yeoshin looked up as Lay entered her room, he sat on the empty bed across her.

“You’re seriously asking me that?”

“I was worried when I learned you disappeared.”

“I don’t know ge, one day…I was on the run again, in Beijing. Suddenly, they caught up and started..beating me.”

Lay nodded, his brows furrowed.

“Then, this man appears with two bodyguards, that man…is my father. And..you know how it goes.”

“So, he sent you to live with us?”

“I don’t even know how to explain that, how does living with a big K-pop boy group keep me away from…them?”

Lay smiled and stood up, he sat across her and took her hands in his.

“Well, we might never know, but….there’s only one thing we can do about it.”

“What? You want me to dance eu reu reong for you?” She shook her head.

“Ani, I want you to smile again, like before, Shin. Smile like…there’s nothing wrong, like…everything’s okay.”

“It’s never going to be okay.”

Lay frowned.

“Tell me, Shin, why were you…indifferent towards them?”

“There’s just…too many of you guys, it can be…overwhelming.”

Lay smiled at her and kissed her forehead.

“Don’t worry, they’re good guys. And remember, you’re living with a big K-pop boy group.”

 

“Movie night!” Chanyeol hooted as he plopped on the couch with a large bowl of popcorn in his hands

Kris scooted over to make some space, Sehun, Kai and Tao were seated on the floor.

“We’re complete tonight, that’s good.” Kyungsoo mused as Baekhyun leaned against him. Luhan stepped out of his room followed by Chen and Xiumin. Yixing was seated on the couch with Suho. Kris was about to switch on the television when the door to Yeoshin’s room opened. She slowly stepped out.

“Yeoshin, join us!” Chanyeol waved her over, she looked up and nodded.

“Sit on oppa’s lap!” Chanyeol smiled happily, Kris whacked him on the back.

“She’s not five, she’s twenty.” He hissed, Yeoshin managed a small chuckle, the boys all stopped, stunned. Lay rolled his eyes.

Yeoshin joined the maknae line on the floor and curled her legs underneath her.

“Then, let’s start. Kris?” Suho asked.

 

Tao was biting his lip as the movie started, it was a horror film. He was seated in between Sehun and Yeoshin, Sehun was busy playing with his phone while Yeoshin just sat without moving. Then one of Kai’s dogs, Janggu came running to them, Yeoshin moved and stretched her hands to him. She smiled as the pup leaped on her lap. Exo peeled their eyes away from the screen, Yeoshin looked up, in an instant they all looked away. Kai just shook his head in amusement.

“Ack!” Tao screamed and buried his head on Yeoshin’s shoulder. Yeoshin blinked and turned to his head. Tao was clinging on to her, Janggu sniffed in annoyance.

“Turn on the lights, hyung!” Tap whined, the others started to chuckle. Yeoshin just patted his head.

“It’s just a movie and you’re a wushu expert.” She nodded, Tao blinked and looked up.

“I’ve been doing my research…per member.” She nodded before standing.

“O..ppa, I want Pepero, can I go out to buy some?”  She asked to no one in particular, but all heads turned to Suho.

“Alone?” Chanyeol blinked.

“It’s probably better than going with twelve grown men.” She nodded before taking her jacket.

 

“I’ll be back.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++