ch. 44

Heartbreaker

 

Tao dropped his phone on the floor, everyone froze. Yeoshin’s brows furrowed and she looked away.

“Engaged?” Yixing sputtered.

“Appa~”

“We have to tell them the truth, were you not planning to tell them?”

“No,” Yeoshin looked up.

“No because I have no plans on getting married.”

“Shin, not here.”

“If not here, where? If not now, when?” Yeoshin retorted, her chest constricting.

“You know full well that I don’t want to do it,”

“Then what about me? I need you to marry Kangsan’s son so that the company~”

“The company?” Yeoshin snorted. The twelve boys looked away. Her father looked uncomfortable.

“They’re my family too, they have to know what’s bothering me.” Yeoshin stated. Exo blinked, Yeoshin was never the type to ask for cover, she never asked for their support, but her eyes were confused and..pleading.

“Shin, the company~”

“Appa, your business…” She looked at the floor.

“If you don’t marry that boy and..it’s going to be gone in the near future. And I hope you think about that.” Her father stated hotly before leaving the room.

 

 

Yeoshin just collapsed on the floor, she looked at her palms.

“I..wanted to tell you….but..”

“You thought it would be better to just make some happy memories before you silently disappear? Just like some cliché movie.” Kai stated before standing, he looked at Yeoshin before walking out of the room.

Suho sighed and gestured for Kris to follow the younger male before kneeling beside Yeoshin. Chanyeol was frowning as he looked at the window.

“Shin, it’s going to be okay.” Suho wrapped his arms around her and rubbed her back.

“It’s not oppa, I know…I…” Yeoshin swallowed, trying to stop her tears from falling. Sehun and Baekhyun just sat down across the two, quiet. Chen walked out of the room with Luhan.

Tao sighed before walking to Yeoshin.

“They’re going to avoid you like the plague, mei. But it’s not like that.” He shook his head before getting on his knees, he took her hands and squeezed them.

“But there’s a way.”

Suho looked up. Chanyeol and Lay glanced at Tao. Kyungsoo stood up from where he was sitting to get a cup of water.

“There’s a way that you wont get married, but you still have to leave us.”

 

They piled in the dorm quietly, Yeoshin was the last one to get inside.

“I’m…I want to apologize.” She blurted, causing for everyone to stop.

“I wanted to tell you, but…I wanted to fix it first. I don’t want you to be stressed just because of my problems. You guys are already tired enough.”

She looked at her fingers.

“I didn’t know my father would go to the company. I wanted to prolong everything, my time with you guys and..my stay here. And I know it’s thick skinned of me to think that way but~”

“No, you’re wrong. We want you stay, Shin.” Xiumin shook his head at her.

“Oppa I~”

“We’re not hearing it.” Kris stated.

“Are you not listening? Do you remember how much trouble I caused you? Tao and Kai almost got hurt because of me.”

“Because those men were trying to hurt you. We want to protect you.” Suho replied.

“I almost caused you your careers. It’s only right for me to leave.”

“You’re not leaving.” Sehun shook his head, Suho looked away. Kai looked up in confusion.

 

“She has to.”
 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++