16

Heartbreaker

 

Kai’s eyes widened as he noticed that Yeoshin’s feet were bleeding. She was barefoot as she sent another man to the wall, hitting his head violently in the process, before she could turn to the other man Kai made a dash towards her and grabbed her back, then Tao came from behind them and kicked the man down.

“Tao, we need to go!” Kai said tensely.

“Kai, let me go, I should be doing this~”

“Stay still, Yeoshin.” He managed to lift her up.

Tao twisted one of the men’s arm and pressed him against the ground with his foot.

“Kai, I can~”

“I said stay still!” Kai yelled, Yeoshin halted.

“You’re bleeding, we need to get you home.” Kai said then he tripped one of the men before he could reach Tao and deftly Tao picked up a bat and whacked his head with it.

 

“Where were you?!” Kris boomed as they door opened, then he halted as he noticed a bleeding Yeoshin being carried by Kai.

Luhan bolted up from the couch.

“Who did this?” He asked. Tao was sputtering in Mandarin behind them as Lay opened the bathroom door and ushered Kai in.

“Yeoshin, what happened?” Suho followed them as Kai set her on the dry bathtub.

“Her feet are bleeding.” Kai said simply before letting go, the he stepped out, Xiumin and Kyungsoo came in with a first aid box. Yeoshin met eyes with Lay, she frowned momentarily and at that moment Lay knew what happened.

It wasn’t their sasaengs, the one that Luhan was worried about, that hurt her.

 

“What happened to your feet?” Kyungsoo frowned as he placed her foot on his lap and started to clean the blood and fragments from it. Xiumin was leaning against the sink, watching them silently. Yeoshin looked at Kyungsoo as he dabbed some alcohol on her cuts, she winced.

“Just hold on for a while, Shin…I can call you that, right?” He looked up, his big eyes widening, she smiled back.

“Thank you, oppa.” She said. Kyungsoo smiled at her.

“Yeoshin, what happened?” Xiumin asked.

Yeoshin looked up.

“I was…I fought with people. I took off my shoes.” She said, Xiumin nodded.

“Tao could have protected you, Kai can too.” Kyungsoo chided.

“I…needed to protect them first.”

 

Kris entered the bathroom, Yeoshin’s feet were neatly wrapped in bandages.

“We need to talk.” He said in Mandarin. Yeoshin nodded, Kyungsoo and Xiumin piled out of the room, Kris bent down to lift her up.

“Ge, I can walk.” Yeoshin resisted.

“We all know that.” He sighed before lifting her up in his arms.

Yeoshin frowned as they stepped out.

 

Yeoshin was sitting on the kitchen counter surrounded by twelve males all looking at her. She felt like a five year old who stole a candy from the counter and was repenting for her sin.

“..Shin….I had to tell them.” Lay opened, she nodded without energy.

“Shin~”

“It’s fine, now you know..why….I resisted staying with you guys.” She replied. Suho’s face fell, Sehun looked away.

“I’m a time bomb. I’m not safe. You say I’m here because you’re going to protect me?  I should be protecting you.” She explained.

“I’ve done a lot of things before, some of them I’m not proud of. I could destroy your career.”

Kris leaned against the wall, watching her, the she sat up again, she winced.

“Are you okay?” Sehun stepped forward, she nodded.

Tao looked away, his eyes in tears.

“She took a hit for me.” He said before walking away.

 

“A hit?” Suho asked.

“They had bats with them, I didn’t want Tao ge to be hurt and you still have to dance to your over possessive boyfriend song.” She tried to lighten the mood, but Chanyeol and Baekhyun just shook their heads at her.

“Mei, take off your shirt.” Kris said, everyone in the room balked at him.

Yeoshin’s brows furrowed, then she slowly slid down from the counter.

“I’m fine guys, I~”

“No, you’re not.” Kai’s deep tone resonated from behind the members.

“I saw you get hit.”

Yeoshin turned quiet.

“It’s either you show us your wound or well your father, Yeoshin. You choose.” Kai said.

Yeoshin sighed and turned her back to them, Lay sighed and slowly lifted her sweater up.

There was a bruise across her lower back, just underneath her bra. Chen sighed.

“That needs ice, go to your room. I’ll bring it over.” Suho instructed, Yeoshin actually obeyed and went to her room.

 

 

Yeoshin glanced up from her book as Suho entered her room, he gave her a calm smile.

“On your back, Goddess.” He mused before Yeoshin lay on her chest. She took off her sweater and much to Suho’s relief, she was wearing a black racer top.

“For a least ten minutes, okay?” He said as he placed the icepack on her back. She nodded.

“I..know that..you may not..trust us…but your secret’s safe with us, Shin.”

She almost smiled.

“You mean you’re okay that I may or may not have gangsters after me?”

“I was being serious.” Suho’s tone was grim, she closed .

“We already have ten kinds, what could another one do?” Kris mused as he entered the room, then soon every member piled in. Chanyeol and Sehun were dragging the flat screen television with them, Yeoshin blinked and she sat up.

“What are you doing?” Lay grinned at her. Then Tao appeared beside her and plopped on the bed, he grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around the two of them, Yeoshin stared at him. He just smiled at her.

“I believe that is highly inappropriate, Zitao. Get down from the bed.” Kris warned as the other members sat on the floor, Xiumin and Baekhyun grinned.

There were only scenarios that would happen.

Tao was going to get his whooped or,

Yeoshin would actually yell at him.

But Yeoshin chuckled as Tao wrapped his arms around her.

“No, it’s fine, ge. I think he’s guilty.”

They just stared at her for a few seconds before turning to the screen.

“Why is the TV here?” She asked.

“Oh, we’re having a “We hope you get well soon, you hard headed brat movie night”.” Sehun nodded.

Her eyes narrowed at him before tossing a pillow at his head.

“Thanks, maknae.”

“You are younger~” Sehun’s face was met with another pillow.

Kai grinned and leaned his back against the bed’s leg.

“Ya, Kim Yeoshin, you are no Goddess~”

 

“Children, please.” Suho sighed.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++