4

Heartbreaker

Yeoshin stepped in the suite, she took off her jeans and walked towards the fridge. The male assistant looked away and placed her luggage by the door.

“Please don’t hesitate to call if you need anything, young miss.”

She nodded without turning back.

“And, your father will pick you up by three o’clock.”

The male stepped out of the room.

Yeoshin took out a bottle of mineral water and sat on the leather couch.

She looked around her, she still wasn’t used to it.

She grew up at the suburbs of Jeollado, it was the place where hoodlums and thugs roamed around. She played with their children, she made friends there, learned how to fight there. Her mother wasn’t rich, she could only afford to feed her and send her to public schools. Yeoshin didn’t mind either, she learned a lot from the people in her neighborhood.

Now, her father was one of the richest men in Asia, he owned a lot of business and she was his sole heir. A year ago, he finally found her, Yeoshin then was on the run against some enemies she made when she was trying to survive in China. Gangsters were beating her up then, they have been chasing her for months. That was when her father’s men came and in return they tortured them back.

Yeoshin leaned against the couch.

“I should have just died back then,” She shook her head in annoyance before heading to the shower.

 

“Take care!” Kyungsoo yelled out as the six men of Exo M exited the building, Sehun tossed a piece of crumpled paper behind Tao’s head.

“Ya!”

Suho glared at the youngest. Kris just rolled his eyes and gave the others a lazy wave.

“So, we’re meeting our princess today!” Baekhyun pressed his palms together.

“Weird, no one has set the cameras yet.” Sehun mused, Kai glanced around them.

“Right, staff should be here by now.” Kai said flatly.

“I’m just excited to meet her.” Chanyeol giggled to himself before heading back to their practice room.

Suho grinned and followed s.

 

“Alone?” Yeoshin finally spoke, the male behind the wheel looked up as he drove.

“Yes, he sends his apologies, miss. Something urgent came up.”

Yeoshin exhaled once and crossed her legs from the backseat. She pulled down her sunglasses to hide her eyes as the car maneuvred around Gangnam.

“Young miss, would you like me to come with you inside?”

Yeoshin’s lips pursed briefly.

“What is that place anyway?”

“It’s an entertainment company.”

Yeoshin blinked behind the dark lenses of her sunglasses.

“I’ll go alone, you can leave after dropping me off.” She crossed her arms as she studied the streets.

 

A young lady clad in an oversized white shirt and hot shorts stepped down from the vehicle, on her feet were strappy white stilettos as she walked towards the building. She looked at the building’s pink logo and the huge tarpaulins of people that was plastered all over it.

Yeoshin’s brows rose in confusion.

Who were these people?

Her fingers tightened around her green Givenchy Antigona clutch before she walked in the building.

 

The two receptionists and the other employees who were staying at the hall all looked up in awe as the young lady entered the room. Her lips were expressionless and her face was framed with sunglasses as she strode in. She glanced around her, her every moment exuded chic and fierceness.

“I was sent here.” She stated to the receptionist, it took the other lady a few moments to respond.

“Can I have your name, ma’am?”

“Kim Yeoshin.” She replied. The lady nodded and picked up one of the phones. Minutes later, a male around her father’s age appeared.

“Ah, Yeoshin? Your name states it all, you’re very beautiful.”

Yeoshin gave him a polite, but quick nod.

“I’m uncle Sooman, your father’s friend.”

“Ah, yes.” She replied. Sooman almost smiled, his friend did warn him about his daughter’s lack of response and emotions.

As soon as they left, the employees started to murmur.

“Who was that?”

“I thought she was an actress!”

“She’s so pretty and terrifying at the same time!”

“Her name too, suits her well.”

 

Yeoshin was guided to an office, as soon as she entered she met face to face with two tall males.

“Oh, this is DongBangShinKi, Yeoshin. Yunho and Changmin.”

Yeoshin bowed slightly, the two males smiled back at her. Yeoshin sat down, her face still void of any expression, Yunho looked at their boss in curiosity. The old man just smiled and dismissed them. Changmin grinned as he glanced at the young girl.

“I’m surprised you arrived alone.”

“Abeoji had something to attend to,…sir.”

“Just uncle, now tell me, do you know why you were sent here?”

“I have no inclination to dance or sing. I read about your company downstairs.” Yeoshin said flatly, Sooman smiled at the girl.

“Actually, your father wanted to hide you here.”

“Hide?”

“He wants to keep you safe? He…he told me you..made some enemies.”

Yeoshin uncrossed her legs and crossed her arms.

“So, what better place to hide you? He has to hide you where no one would look.”

“You mean in an entertainment agency? Where everyone will be most likely looking?”

“Exactly.” Sooman grinned at her,Yeoshin gave up on talking to the man.

“You will be safe with my boys, Yeoshin.”

Yeoshin looked up.

“Boys?”

Sooman signaled for her to stand, Yeoshin’s brows were knitted together as they walked out of the room.

First, her father had sent her to an unknown place; second, he wants to hid her here.

 

Geunyeo gyeo teseo modu da mulleona, Ijen jogeum ssik sa na w ojinda

Na eureureongeureureongeureureongdae,Naeureureongeureureongeureureongdae

Yeoshin could her the upbeat music as they approached one of the rooms.

“They’re preparing to promote their repackage album.”

Repackage album?

Sooman silently pushed the door open, and ushered her in.  She found twelve boys, with their backs facing them, all dancing in perfect synchronization. She felt Lee Sooman tap her shoulder and he followed the male.

 

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol halted as they noticed two people walk by their side, Suho halted and Sehun switched off the music.

The girl before them was looking at them, her face expressionless. Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at each other.

“Good practice, boys.” Lee Sooman smiled at them. They nodded politely but their eyes were on the young lady.

“This is Yeoshin. Yeoshin, this is Exo K.”

Yeoshin was quiet for a few seconds, then she took off her sunglasses, the six males all stared at her.

She was beautiful.

“You will be living with them, try to get to know each other. This is Suho, he’s the leader, then Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Kai and Sehun.”

Yeoshin looked at them, her eyes traveling from the eldest to the maknae. She gave a quick nod to them before turning to the older male. Lee Sooman chuckled slightly at the girl’s lack of reaction towards Exo.

“Uncle?”

Sooman turned to her with a smile.

 

“What’s a DongBangShinKi?”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++