30

Heartbreaker

 

Yeoshin entered the dorm, Suho had plopped on the couch in the living room. Kai just brushed past her, her brows furrowed.

“Hey,” Sehun tapped her shoulder.

He offered her a smile.

“Don’t worry, we’re always with you.” He offered, Yeoshin just smiled and wrapped her arms around him briefly.

“I know, Daddy Oh, thanks.” She murmured before going to her room.

 

Yeoshin sat on her bed, she was staring at her palms.

This wont do.

They know now. They know I’m with them.

She shook her head and leaned against the headboard, she glanced around her room. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were so adamant on decorating her wall with their posters. She studied them one by one, first was a poster of them back from their debut, MAMA, after that a poster wherein she had playfully drawn a wolf cartoon where the guys were wearing their stage costumes, Sehun’s rainbow hair always made her smile, even Kai’s dreadlocks made her chuckle. Her eyes landed on the Growl promotions poster and their Christmas album posters.

“They’ve come so far.” She whispered to herself before standing up.

 

 

The boys looked up, Yeoshin had stepped out of her room.

“Are you hungry? I can heat up something.” Kyungsoo was about to stand, but Yeoshin shook her head and instead she joined them.

“I…I want to leave.”

They all balked, Xiumin switched off the television. Even Chanyeol and Sehun had put away their phones.

“Today…I put everything you’ve been working for in danger. I should leave.”

There was a short silence before Suho finally spoke,

“So you think leaving us would also make them go away?”

“Oppa, no~”

“Do you think when you leave we’re going to be okay?” Suho continued, Yeoshin looked down.

“Shin, we wont ask questions, but…please, don’t think this way.”

“Oppa, look at Tao..and Kai, what if people saw what they did today? What will happen to all your hard work? I’m bad for you guys.” She reasoned, Lay looked away.

“We kind of knew that you were going to be on unhealthy addition the moment you stepped in our practice room, but we love you anyways.” Chanyeol said.

Yeoshin felt her tears flow on her cheeks.

They all panicked.

“Yeoshin, I~” Suho closed his mouth. Kai stood up and left.

“Shin, you don’t have to leave.” Luhan said while moving beside her.

“We love having you around, you need us, and we need you.” He smiled before taking her hands.

“He called me…a killer, ge. You heard…you all did.” Yoeshin looked up, Kai appeared with a pack of tissues. He dropped it beside her before going back to his seat. Lay looked away, not wanting to hear it again.

“It was before I came to China, my mother died and I had to fend for myself.” Yeoshin paused, Luhan just sighed and rubbed her back.

“I….I met them, they offered me a part time job, they used to run a small convenience store.”

“One time, one of their people got drunk. He went in the store and started making a mess. It was my duty that time,” She closed her eyes briefly.

“He tried to…He tried to force himself on me, I..screamed but..they all just laughed.”

Kai’s jaw had become taut. Exo had gone still, their eyes were all on Yeoshin.

“I had to defend myself before he could do anything, my hand reached a bottle of beer and hit his head with it. He died.” Yeoshin finished.

“Goddess,” Chanyeol frowned, his eyes moist.

“I’m sorry, mei.” Luhan wrapped his arms around the girl.

“The more reason why you’re not allowed to leave us,” Kris said.

Chen smiled before picking up a tissue and gently dabbed her face with it.

“We’re going to protect you too, mei.”

 

Yeoshin was in her room, checking her email when she heard her door open.

It was Kai.

“Kyungsoo hyung sends this.” He said gesturing to the mug of hot chocolate on his hand. Yeoshin nodded as Kai handed the mug to her.

“Thank you.” She said as she put her laptop away and encircled her fingers around the mug. Kai sighed and sat on the bed, he faced her.

“I’m sorry for shouting.”

“It’s..okay, Kai.”

“I didn’t know…I~”

“Only Lay ge knew, it’s fine. Don’t look at me like that.” Yeoshin softly smiled, Kai felt his chest swell.

“Goddess?”

“Oh, not you too.” She murmured.

Kai smiled.

“Do you like bubble tea?”

“Sort of, why?”

 

“Then tomorrow, let’s go get some bubble tea then.” Kai kissed her forehead before leaving the room.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++