Hidden Sorrow-part 2

Another Chance

Chapter 6

Sungyeol's P.O.V

It was only Yiseul and me in the room now. She slowly brought her hand to touch my face but I jerked away. "Sungyeol..it's a misunderstanding," "What is? If it is then tell me?!"  "I can't.." she cried. "Then don't bother, just go to Sungjae instead..remember, I am too young to know what love is. We never loved each other, it was all a misunderstanding." Her eyes grew wider, "Sungyeol..no..I want to tell you but I can't!" I clutched my fist together in anger, "Why can't you?! Did you do something so bad that you cannot forgive yourself?! You cheated on me, which is shameful, but something you cannot say? Did you sleep with Sungjae?!" dropped down. I realised something I should have not said but I couldn't handle it. Tears were sliding down her cheeks as she whimpered, "How could you think that?" I sat in silence watching her cry. I thought I would feel pity for her, but surprisingly I felt nothing. "Yiseul, let's break up." the words bolted out my mouth without me knowing. Her face stared hard at me, "Sungyeol..no, it's a misunderstanding.." She came closer to me. I took a step back.  " You want to be with me and Sungjae? Don't you think that's a little selfish..I can't carry on loving a cheater. My feelings for you are all gone." "I never cheated on you!!" Her face was burning red and flustered. I didn't know why but seeing her like this,I saw the Yiseul I love. The Yiseul that would never let me go. I sighed deeply , "My heart is telling me to give you one more chance to tell me the truth .If you don't then we are done...So tell me, if it's not cheating then what is it?" She cried even more as she stuttered, "I can't Sungyeol, I really can't.."   I tried holding my anger and my tears in. I gave her a chance but she didn't want it. I think I loved her more than she loved me. "Yiseul.. bye." I walked over to the door when she grabbed me, "Sungyeol.." "WHAT?!" I yelled shoving her onto the floor. "What?! Are you feeling sorry now?!.. for breaking my heart.." I didn't realise the tears bawling out of my eyes. Her face was frozen and shrivelled. "Sungyeol.." I dashed out of the room, slamming the door behind me. Her voice..I couldn't take it anymore.

For the next 24 hours, I never left the hotel. It was supposed to be vacation as well. When I did go to the cafe to get food, hyung would be there. We never talked. And Yiseul would try to avoid both of us as possible. I often saw her crying from time to time. She must feel guilty. Not like I cared. 

A week passed already. I was laying in bed when the phone rang. It was my mum. "Sungyeol, don't you ever call?" "I'm tired omma, I'll talk to-" "You!! You go on a vacation without even telling me, but writing it on a note, 'we'll be back in 2 weeks, we are going on holiday'. And now you won't even let me call you?" "Sorry omma, why did you call?"  "I just wanted to check if everything is alright, are you guys having fun?" she asked. "Yeah..we are" My mum noticed the tone in my voice, "Wae? Is Yiseul hitting on other boys?" she said teasingly. Her voice slightly changed, "What about Sungjae, is he alright?". "Yeah, why?" "Nothing, make sure Sungjae doesn't do to much , and tell him to rest. Come back home safely dear" and with that she cut the line. I sighed. It was always about hyung. She treated him like a child. He can do things on his own! Why ask me to tell him to rest?! I was about to lay down, when the phone rang. Again. "What now omma?!" I yelled. "Sungyeol.." I realised it was a different voice, a voice I could not bear. Yiseul. I was all ready to hang up when she started to cry, "Sungjae oppa...he.." It was always about hyung. "If the reason you called is about him, then don't call me." I was about to exit the call, when her crying got more intense. Why did she make me feel like this? My heart was beating fast...I wish I could stop it..but I couldn't. I was going to give her another chance. 

"Stop crying and tell me before I hang up on you." I retorted, trying to say it in the rudest, uncaring way as possible. "Sungyeol..Sungj.a." she stuttered over her tears. I would of normally hung up by now, but something did not seem right. "Say it, so I can understand!" I snapped. She was breathing heavily as she said something I did not expect. I did not know if I heard it right. "Sungyeol..Sungjae is at the hospital,.. he isn't breathing..." she repeated. I felt my lips shaking but tried to control myself. Maybe this was a joke. Maybe they both are pulling a prank on me to make me talk to them again. To make me forgive them. To make every thing go back to the way it was. Yeah, that has to be it. "Yiseul.. stop joking around.." I muttered. "Sungyeol..I am not.." 


Sungyeol's p.o.v

Beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep....beepbeepbeepbeep.........beepbeepbeep..............beepbeep......beep...beep..........beep......beepbeep.............beep ...................................beeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

It was all over. For a moment everything was silent. This wasn't real right? I stared at the lifeless Sungjae on the hospital bed. Then the silence broke. "My son!! No!!!, This can't be!! Doctor save him, please!!" My mum screeched. "I am sorry Mrs Lee.", and with that the doctor stepped back. "You said Sungjae still had time left! Why did this happen?! Why?!" I watched her as she sank to the floor, holding onto hyung's hands. What did she mean by 'Sungjae still had time left'? I did not know what was going on. Once again. I was always the outsider in the family. Nobody told me anything. Hyung...are you really gone? I felt tears scurrying down my face and before I knew it, I was on the floor crying. Hyung...I am sorry.

I felt someone put their arms around me. Thinking it was my mum, I buried my face in her chest. "Sungyeol..." I immediately broke out of the embrace. I looked up to see Yiseul. "Sungyeol I-" "You! What did you do to Sungjae?" I shrieked, slamming her onto the wall. "Sungyeol, I didn't do anything!!", she yelled back. "Stop lying!, You cheated on me, did something to hyung and then had the guts to call me and my mum to come to the hospital! Who do you ing think you are huh?" I moved more closer to her when omma pulled me ,holding onto me tight. "Omma, get off me! It was her! She's hiding something omma!" When I was about to break away from her grip, she stopped me. "Sungyeol listen, it isn't Yiseul's fault!!" I stood there, dumbfounded. "How do you know?! Stop covering for her omma!!"   "I am not!! She didn't do anything, okay?!" my mum yelled.  "Then what happened to hyung?" I asked. They both remained in silence."Ah..I see how it is. Carry on treating me like I am not part of your family." I was the outsider in the family. Even Yiseul was more important than me. Tears still falling down, I dashed out of the ward into the corridor. I could hear my mum crying now and it made me cry even more.

1 week later-

It was raining on hyung's funeral day. We were all standing outside in silence apart from my mum who was crying. Yiseul was there too, staring at me throughout the whole thing. I looked forward avoiding her gaze. I would never forgive her. Never. All the guests were leaving and it was just me alone with hyung now. I walked over to his grave and I touched it. "I am sorry, hyung...I am sorry."

1 month later-

 "Omma..what happened to hyung?" I suddenly asked. She instantly dropped the plates onto the floor. "Omma!" I should have not asked that question. I went to pick up the broken pieces that were on the floor, when she stopped me. "It's okay Sungyeol, I'll do it." 

Another month later-

"Omma!" I shook her vigorously but she carried on blabbering. "Sungjae, shall we go and buy you a new sweater? You have been wearing that for long.."   "Omma, what are you talking about?!" "Sungyeol, your hyung, we should buy him clothes, he has been wearing these for too long.." she said, pointing at a picture of hyung in his navy sweater. That was when I realised something wasn't right with my mum.    

"Are you her son?" "Yes Doctor" I replied. "Where is your father?" I slightly paused before saying, "...I don't have one." "Oh sorry. I just need a guardian's approval to carry on with the appointment, but it's okay. We will check your mother and see what her condition is." The doctor then took her into the scanning room. Why was this happening to me? I sighed putting my head in my hands. Hopefully everything was alright. The doctor came back on his own. "Doctor..What's her condition?" He picked up some sheets from the printer and sat opposite me. "Your mother has shown signs of Psychosis." "Psychosis?..." "It's when there is a loss of contact with reality. It happens due to depression and usually involves hallucinations and delusions. That is what your mother experienced today." There was silence filling in the room when I broke it. "It's not permanent right?..." I asked. "It depends. Because you've informed us at an early stage, we can stop it before the disease progresses. Come to the hospital once a week to have a check up and give this tablet to your mother twice a day." He said handing over a bottle titled Abilify. " Yes I will, thank you" 

1 week later-

"Omma..please swallow the tablet.." "No." she said spitting it out. "Omma.. you have to..." "Sungyeol." she said brushing my hair with her hands, "It's okay."

2 weeks later-

"Sungjae..Omma misses you, come back home quickly, I'll make you nurungji everyday as it's your favourite food...so come home..." she chattered to herself. Looking at her like this, I couldn't bear it. "Omma.." I said. She didn't respond at all. She was staring at the picture of hyung. "Omma, you should rest." I ordered her. She gazed at me, "Sungyeol, Sungjae is coming..." I walked over to my mum and gently pulled her up on her feet and led her to the bedroom. I made her get in bed and watched her fall asleep.

I walked over to the window and opened it. Stepping  out onto the balcony, I felt the wind. It felt nice up here. Everything will be okay I said to myself. But then tears slowly fell out of my eyes. Sniffing constantly, I rubbed my eyes. I cannot ask my mum about hyung. Her condition will only get worse. Yiseul is the only one left. I will make her spill out everything. 

Flashback finished!

I should head back to class now. I put the picture back into my pocket and headed back indoors. Yiseul, I will make you say everything even if it means hurting you.


~Sungyeol's flashback is finally finished!! Next chapter will be on chanyeol!   XD I'll update soon ^^