Helping.

Another Chance

Chapter 19

Your P.O.V

So it had been a week and mentoring was pretty smooth although I was constantly bullied by Chanyeol. But I didn't care. I was not going to act weak in front of him and if he does go over the line, I will just do karate moves on him, simple as that. But I've been getting weird looks from girls lately. Hopefully news about me tutoring Baekhyun and Chanyeol doesn't get out..I would be dead. I wandered to my locker and got my English textbook and then headed straight to my class room. I walked in the silent room as usual and sat in my seat. Sometimes I wish I was dumb, because I cannot handle these smart students here. No one talks to me... apart from Sungyeol; even though our conversations weren't exactly considered friendly, he was the only one who talked to me. I turned back to only see him reading. I sighed deeply and fiddled with my pen in frustration. Why can't someone talk to me?! Just then, Arreum tapped me from behind, "You...Go and get the files in the bright red box, in the office."  I raised my eyebrows at her, "Excuse me?" "Go and get the files in the bri-" "Yeah, I understand." I said bolting from my chair and headed to the corridor. Why does she always bully me? What did I ever do to her? Just because she's the class president...Hmph. 

I stopped by the office and saw a massive pile of files in a gigantic box. I stared at it in awe. Why was it so big? I sauntered towards the box and pulled it over to my waist, while balancing it on my knee. "Why is it so heavy?" I muttered. Jolting it from side to side, I managed to take the first step, when two pair of hands took the box from me, "You look like a broken robot shuffling." Baekhyun said grinning. There was also another guy whom I didn't recognise. "Oh..this is Kai, and Kai ,this is Jisu." Baekhyun stated. Kai started to analyse me in detail as if I were some sort of poem. "Oh, so she's your mentor. She ain't that bad from how Chany-" "Ah! Is th-this really h-heavy? Let me help you!" Baekhyun butted in, avoiding any sort of problems that might be caused from now on. I wasn't dumb. I know Chanyeol must have described me in the worst way as possible. "What ever Chanyeol said, you shouldn't believe him." I said to Kai, and then diverted my gaze to Baekhyun, "You are already holding the box."   He slowly looked down and noticed the box within his arms and let out an awkward chuckle, "Ah..ha..I was just-" "It's okay Baekhyun. You guys should leave before your crazy fans spot us." I stated before grabbing the box, balancing it on my hips. "Are you sure? We don't mind helping." Kai beamed with a smile. "Thanks but it's okay. Because if something does happen then Chanyeol will blame me, and worse, your fans might do something to me." Baekhyun smiled and then they slowly made their way out. I let out a long groan..my hands were burning! I pulled the box closer and tramped into the corridor and headed to my classroom.

I noticed a figure wandering around in front of the classroom, back and forth. When I came closer, my eyes grew wide. It was the girl that Sungyeol was arguing with. She saw me looking at her and I immediately looked somewhere else and carried on walking. I hope she does not start a conversation with me. "Please don't, Please don't" I chanted in my head. I came to the door, relieved she didn't say anything. But as I lifted my foot to step into the room, she spoke."Urm...can I ask you something?" I really wanted to walk through the classroom, acting as if I didn't hear but I couldn't. My hands were still aching from holding the box. She realised the pain growing on my face, "Oh, it's okay...I'll just leave." "Huh? Wait. It's fine. I'll put the box away- one second." I left her and rushed into the room, plunged the box vigorously onto the floor, while rubbing my hands as it was burning hot. I noticed Sungyeol looking at me. I gulped and headed back out. It was definitely about Sungyeol. I should have just let her go... I sighed as I walked back to her, "So...what do you want to ask?" I asked her. She looked a bit nervous as she was looking down, " Is S-sung..Sung-g-g-yeol in there?",she stuttered looking at the classroom now. I was right about her. "Yeah he is in there, why?" "I n-need to talk to him." "Talk to him then." I told her. "But..he won't listen..can you please do me a favour?.." Oh no, here it comes. "Um what favour?" I asked. "C-can you tell him to meet me during lunch break in the back field...please?" she pleaded. There's a field in this school? I never knew..."Sorry but I do not want to...you know...he already doesn't like me..."  "Please..I beg of you."

She really did look pitiful. Plus I was curious as usual. What was going on between these two? "Fine..but this will probably be the last time." I spaced out the words, making sure she understood very clearly. "Thank you so much." she said, bowing down at me. "EH?! it-it's o-okay!" I let out a chuckle. She was so respectful. "Thank you, once again..and also, can you not tell Sungyeol it was me who called him out. Can you tell him it was a male friend, otherwise he would know it's me and won't come. Thanks!" she jabbered now running away from me incase I change my mind. "What?! Wait..I ...already...he...it's ...going to make it worse..." by the time I finished my sentence, she was gone. Wow, she really was smart...she tricked me. I sighed and walked back to the classroom. Shall I do it or not? It did seem important but..from what I remember Sungyeol doesn't like her and by helping her, Sungyeol will  kill me....I didn't know what to do. I bit my lip, and fiddled with my fingers for a long good 30 seconds before I made my mind to help her. 

I approached him and he noticed me and quickly started to join in a conversation with the boys next to him. Rude. But I still went over to him. "Sung-g-yeol...Can I talk to you for a sec?" I barely made out. He turned around, slightly shocked that I made a conversation with him, "Huh? me?..What is it?" he now said with a straight face. Just then those stupid boys started cooing and whistling, " You guys are dating?! I expected it"  Dating? Expected? WHAT? "NO WHY WOULD I DATE THIS IDIOT?" We both said in unison, making the situation even worse, "See?! You guys even say the same thing." The boys roared with laughter. I scowled at them and then glared at Sungyeol, "You...at lunch go to the field. The back field." "Why?" he asked bluntly. "Because." I said pausing, "Some guy asked you to meet him there, he wants to talk about ...photography?" I remembered Sungyeol attending photography class..hopefully he falls for it. "Photography?..Do you know his name?" "How am I suppose to know his name? He just asked me to tell you to meet him there." He was thinking for a while before saying, "Okay then.." I made my way down the steps, when I could hear him mutter, "Probably Kwangmin..he said he wanted to talk to me about the project"  "Yeah..it's probably him." I said loud enough for him to hear. I watched him scowling at me. He was only scowling now, but once he finds that girl there, it won't be a scowl, but a knife waiting to stab me. I gulped at the vivid imagination playing through my mind. I should avoid him  as much as possible now. Just then I noticed Arreum glaring at me. I looked at her confused...what did I even do to her? I snorted and flung myself onto my chair, thinking about how I could avoid the death that was going to take place very soon; I should have not said anything. I regret it now. I slammed my head on to the desk and let a quiet groan.

Sungyeol's P.O.V

That was strange. If it was Kwangmin, he would tell me directly. Maybe I should text him? I sighed and watched Jisu who looked emotionally dead...something seemed off.