Listen to me

Another Chance

Chapter 20

Sungyeol P.O.V

It was lunch break now and I headed over to the back field. There was no one there. That lied to me...Just then I felt a light tug on my sleeve. I swirled around, "Kwangmi-" I started off but soon became silent as it wasn't Kwangmin who was facing me but- Yiseul. With dispatch, my face turned stone hard realising that I fell into a hopeless trap. "Was this Jisu's doing?! Look at what I am going to do to her-" I exclaimed. "N-no! It wasn't her fault! I-I t-told her to. Don't do any-ything to her..." She stuttered, her guilt always rising everytime she spoke to me. "Don't bring her into your dirty plans." I stated immediately. She was a little taken back at what I said. " Sungy-yeol. You d-don't like her do you?..I-" she muffled but I cut her off, " I don't like her but don't get innocent people to join your game. " She was now quiet and so was I. I watched her, her tears slowly descending from her eyes. "S-sungyeol..I need to tell you something even though I promised not to..." I rolled my eyes, and walked away from her but she yanked my sleeve really hard, making me tumble backward. I grabbed her wrist and pushed it away from me, "I do not want to listen to your filthy lies. Leave me alone." As I turned my back on her, she yelled, "It's not about you and me! It's about your brother!" I froze in my position. "It's about Sungjae..." she breathed out, huffing and puffing, bringing her body close to mine. Her arms flung around my waist as she rested her head on my back. "Sungyeol...." she muffled. I peeled her hands of my waist and faced her. She took a few steps back while muttering, "Sungjae...he had-" "SAY IT LOUDER!" I exploded. My anger was spilling out..If she made up something...I do not know what I will do to her. She started to pant under my sudden burst, "Sungjae/..he had a terminal illn-" 

That was it. I vigorously shoved her onto the floor, "You..don't ever lie to me again." I was giving her the chance to escape from me but she stayed put, "Sung-yeol... I am tellin the truth! Just listen to me..Sungjae had-" I looked down at the floor, rying to control myself, "You...cheat..you cheated on me..did something to hyung..and now you cover up his death by saying he died because of some illness?..You .... I will never forgive you."  "I swear I didn't cheat on you! Please..just listen-" I charged at her. I could see her backing away from me as I got closer to her, "I can't believe you can still lie!" and with that I grabbed her but then I was stopped by some lurking figure who flew right at me. Jisu.

Your P.O.V

I walked down the corridor in thought. Did Sungyeol go? I gulped nervously..maybe I should see if everything's alright.. I wandered through the gates that lead to the back field. And I saw them two. Arguing of course. Just then I saw Sungyeol shoving her onto the floor, yelling, "You..don't ever lie to me again." I must do something! Should I go over? I could hear them screaming, and then I heard something strange, "You cheated on me, did something to hyung and now you cover up his death by saying he died because of some illness?" I stared at Sungyeol, bewildered. His brother died? And that girl dated Sungyeol?...I gulped several times, that caused me to choke on my own saliva. Just then I saw him charging at her. Omg..I can't just stand here!  Without realising, I dashed over to them and pounced onto Sungyeol, causing him to tumble over. He looked at me, puzzled, confused, annoyed, angered, but most of all ...wretched. For the first time I saw something. He was crying..I wasn't sure if it was anger or sorrow. "Sungyeol..you are crying..." I slowly spaced out the words, in shock. I felt stupid as that was the only thing I could say. He pushed me away slightly, "Leave." "But-" "LEAVE!" I stood back up again, wavering. He looked back at the girl, " You..don't ever come looking for me again. And if you do want to talk, then at least say something truthful-" "IT IS THE TRUTH" she exploded. "WHAT TRUTH?! My brother died because of an illness?! You want me to believe that? ..Because of you..it happened. Because of you...my mother is-" He slowly stumbled to the floor, with his tears slicing down his face.

I stared at Sungyeol...his mother too? I then diverted my gaze to the girl, who was almost as dejected as him. Did she really cause all this? I watched the girl's mouth flow out some words, "Why are you blaming me for what happened to your mother?.." Her tone was now angered as she bolted up. Sungyeol immediately got up too, getting his hand ready to slice her. I grabbed Sungyeol from behind, tighting his arms together with my embrace, "Sungyeol stop it!" "LET GO OF ME!" he shrieked. But I didn't. I tighted my embrace harder, so his arms don't shoot at her. It was a good thing I learnt martial arts. But he then started to shake vigorously out of my arms and accidentally hit me in the eye with his elbow. "AYYEEEE!!" That hurts." I yelped, clutching my eye with both of my hands but then slowly I got a grip on his wrist. I turned myself to the girl, "Just leave...I'll talk to him!". She was obviously crying now. Even though I wasn't sure what was going on, I could feel the pain. I looked at Sungyeol who was still shouting at her...his face was red and angered by her words. "Why are you blaming me for what happened to your mother" I wonder what that means...I stared at Sungyeol helplessly sinking to the ground and I watched Yiseul slowly wandering down the path, still crying. 

A few minutes past and I stood there, not knowing what to do. "Err..." I stupidly mumbled. Sungyeol immediately flashed his eyes at me, "You...you..liar." Oh crap. I backed away, taking a few huge steps until we had two metres distance between us. He got up and slauntered towards me, lifting his arm up and tightening his fist as if he was going to punch me. I shut my eyes and let out a small whimper but only to find him helplessly diving onto me. "Sungyeol..are you alright?" I asked him. I watched his eyes close, and I saw his mouth murmur a few words against my neck, "I feel dizzy..." 

I piggybacked him to the infirmary. He was more heavy than I expected. By the time I reached the imfirmary, I was on the floor, heaving for air. 

I was sitting in the common room in the infirmary, waiting for the nurses to do their biz. I was really worried. What the girl did to him,was it really that bad? I was curious about him..what happened to his brother? His mum? And the girl's relationship with Sungyeol..I was curious. I saw the nurse's shadow emerging from the room and I immediately shot up. "H-how is he?" I asked with a bit of nervousness in my voice. "He is feeling much better. He has a low value of minerals and vitamins which caused him to collapse and also due to stress. As you seem close with Sungyeol, would you mind to help him maintain his diet. If it isn't maintained properly...it can be serious." I nodded but obviously I am a little nosy, I had the urge to ask a question. " Nurse, you seem to know a lot about Sungyeol...I am not being rude or anything but he does have parents right..can't they...h-help him?" I immediately looked down after asking such a shameful question. However the nurse did not find it offensive. "I knew Sungyeol's parents really well." "Knew?" I asked confused as she used the past tense. "Hmm...Sungyeol's dad left....his brother died, and his mother is diagnosed with a mental illness...I try hard to look after him but I can't do it all the time...Even when I try helping him, he objects."

I stood there in a daze...Did this all really happen to Sungyeol? I felt my throat being grasped and I couldn't utter a word. The nurse saw me and patted my back, "You seem close to Sungyeol..I hope you are the one that can change his life for him." I noticed what she said and promptly responded, "What? No..I think you are mistaken..I don't have any relationship like that with him...we are just friends." "Well, to be honest..I don't even think we are friends...our relationship is more described as enemies." I added an extra sentence, because I wasn't sure what Sungyeol was to me. The nurse beamed at me, " No! You can't be enemies. I'll say that you guys are friends then." I nodded at her with a smile, in response to her comment. However she intensely started to stare at my face with disconcern. "W-what?" I stuttered. "Your eye..." she spaced out the words. "Oh..it's nothing." I say , realising it was my eye she was staring at. "Oh really then. Does it hurt?...You want some medicine, or a plaster as I see a cut there." she asked. "It's okay. It doesn't even hurt." "Are you sure?" she asked for reasssurance. "Yes."  "That's good then." she said with a smile. What a nice nurse. "Oh wait! Sungyeol asked me to get you. That was the reason why I even came here. Go! Go!" she squealed pushing me towards a room ,all of a sudden.

I tumbled into the room due to the nurse's hard force. Sungyeol was sitting up, and as he saw me, he quickly avoided my gaze by looking down. I coughed slightly and headed over to his bed. "Are you okay?" I made out. With his usual straight face he mumbled, "Yeah."  I shuffled in my spot as it was getting a little awkward. Sungyeol noticed me and said, "Sit down." "Huh? Okay..." I reached out for the chair in the corner of the room and sat beside him. I watched Sungyeol, positioning himself properly as if he was about to make some serious speech. I was scared now. What was he going to say? After 30 seconds of tormenting silence, he spoke with absolute seriosity, "I need to tell you something."