The Transfer Student.

Another Chance

Chapter 2

(still your p.o.v)

"I made it...I made it." I checked my watch and it was 8.23 AM. Because it was the first day of a new school year, it started at 8.30 when usually it started at 8.00. I sighed with relief and walked through the gates still feeling battered by all that running. I walked into the reception area, but surprisingly everything was dead silent. What was going on? I walked over to the reception desk. No one was there. "What..." I muttered to myself. I saw a cleaner mopping the floor. "Excuse me ajusshi...Where is everyone?" He stared at me and then chuckled, "Ahh that's not good, being late on the first day back." "Mhm? I'm not late.." "You are, the entrance ceremony started at 8.10" "WHAT?!" I raised my voice. The ajusshi raised his eyebrows. "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude but are you sure?" I asked. "Yes, I work here so I know." He stated with a change of tone in his voice. He was nice one minute and now he was rude. Wow.. how people change.. I gave a fake smile while saying "Thank you.". He nodded at me with a stone-like gaze. What's with this school? Is everyone like this? 

I hurried off without asking him where the entrance ceremony was happening. This was all going downhill. I totally forgot about the entrance ceremony. I only remembered that registration happens at 8.30. I walk past some colossal doors, when I heard people clapping. It must be the ceremony. I stood outside the doors and eavesdropped. "You will be started a new year. This year will depend on what highschool you will be going to. Take this year seriously and do not muck around too much. But that doesn't mean you can't have fun. The 3rd year is always the best year. You will be the seniors of the sch-" Without realising that I was physically pressing onto the door, it creaked open and everyone diverted their gaze to door. Everything went dead quiet. I decided to enter the hall, shutting the door quietly behind me. Every single eye was gawking at me and I gulped. "I am very sorry" I whispered, attempting a smile which definitely failed. To break the awkwardness I went to sit down when one of the teachers stopped me. "Kid. Stop there, and come over here." I bit my lip. "I'm sorry" I said.  "Stand here, you just can't go and sit anywhere can you? The seating plan is arranged in classes and register order." She yapped at me. "I understand." I replied. This is so embarrassing. I just realised I cut off the speech that was going on. It was even worse because it was the headteacher talking. I looked at the floor making sure I didn't make eye contact with anyone. I heard the headteacher clear his throat and he carried on with his speech, "Hmm...You will be seniors in the school and you will represent as role models to the juniors. You will show them how to behave, show them manners so that the whole school will be a very good example to the public. But there are always some ignorant students who don't know how to behave and we will be dealing with them later. Anyways as the headteacher of this school, I hope you all will have a successful journey in life even though for "some" it will take longer. Enjoy your last year here wisely. Thank you." Everyone started clapping, and I found myself clapping too even though I felt like the "ignorant people" he was talking about was targeted at me. One by one classes were leaving and they were all staring at me. By the looks of most of them, they didn't look very smart. Most of them dyed their hair, and personalised the uniforms in their own way. What was the headteacher talking about? These "students" are well behaved role models? Role model my ! After the ceremony finished, obviously that teacher wanted to talk to me.

She was blabbering on for years about what I should do and not do "Do you understand?" She snapped. "Huh?..Oh yeah I do" I said waking up from my daydream. "You seem like a capable student. Hopefully it will be a pleasure to have you." and with that the teacher walked off. What's with the compliment? I don't know why but today I was not me. I was usually the shy one, but in this school everything seemed to be taking the piss out of me. I walked over to the board with all the classes. I scanned through it to find my name and there it was under Class 3B.

I finally found my classroom and I was pretty scared. All these Seoul kids were rich and up themselves. I sighed and opened the door. It was actually really quiet. I walked in and a male teacher welcomed me. "Oh, you must be Han Jisu, the transfer student?" "Yes" I replied. "You are pretty late but that doesn't matter. Take a seat. " he said with a smile. Finally a nice teacher! I bowed at him before taking a seat at the back. I felt glares being shot at me and whispers spreading around. "Isn't she the one who cut the speech?" "How did this dumb get in this school?" "Why is she in Class 3B?, her personality suits class 3G. She should be with the dumb ones instead of being with us." I bit my lip. I don't think I'll make friends here. The teacher saw me a little stressed out and he coughed, "Class! Stop with the mumbling. You guys aren't clever enough compared to Class 3A so you guys shouldn't be talking about others and get on with studying instead." "You heard all that?" one of the female students asked. The teacher nodded. I felt really uncomfortable now. They talk about me like I wasn't even there. I am not deaf, I can hear very well, thank you very much. The teacher carried on talking, "For the ones that are new here, I am Mr Baek. Pleasure to have you in my class." Wait, am I not the only transfer student here? Mr Baek continued, " Make sure you treat the new students very well. Sungyeol and Jisu if you have any problems you must tell me okay? The first few days will be hard getting used to." "Yes sir" we both said together. I looked to my left side and saw the other transfer student. He was looking at me too. I smiled at him but he didn't. Instead he went back to reading his book. Okay then, making friends with another transfer student failed. This class is the nerdy class right? Everyone is all dressed properly , no hair dye, nothing. But really rude. If class B is like this, what about class A? They must be the real geniuses. The top students. Then what about the other classes? Were they trash? I was definitely right. This school is STUCK UP!  Well I should be thankful, I was in Class B right? I was no trash.