Dreaded Date.

Another Chance

Chapter 38

Baekhyun's P.O.V

The day I feared came and my mind was roaming with unbearable thoughts. What do I do with Nayeon? After all the she had done, how was I supposed to take her on a date? Well, if we decide to eat somewhere, I'll drug the food. If we cross the road, I'll make sure to push her when a car comes by and If we walk across a river, I'll push her in it. Done. I grabbed my coat and walked out of my house hoping that there would be a time where I could do all of the 3 things.

I arrived at the mall, where we decided to meet up. As expected Nayeon was there, shining in her mini dress and a messy high bun. She was pretty, not going to lie. I walked over to her at a snail's pace trying to think straight. However she saw me and her eyes beamed, "Baekhyun-ah! I thought you weren't coming! I'm glad you did!" Obviously I was going to come. Do I want a freaking tape going around saying I date Sujin? NO! Plus it would be troublesome for Sujin. The amount of fangirls that would gravitate towards her and tear her up. So here I was, doing this to save my life and Sujin's. "Yeah, I came.", I stated, sighing. Nayeon smiled brightly despite my lazy response. I sighed even more. "Then where do you want to go?", she asked, blushing. A restaurant, so that I can drug your food up and watch you die. "Hmm, what about somewhere to eat?", I suggested. She pouted, "Why do we have to eat now? Eating is something you do at the end of a date! Let's go and have fun first!" "Then you decide." She thought for a mere second before yelping, "Let's go to an amusement park!" "Amusement park? Where are we going to find one?-" "I know one!", she angelically smiled. "Oh. Okay. Let's go then.", I said feeling queasy. 

We made it to the amusement park after a long painful 30 minutes journey on the train. I sighed while flopping towards the counter desk. "Baekhyun-ah! Be more enthusiastic!", Nayeon pouted noticing my careless actions. I didn't respond because I really didn't know what to say to her. To put it precisely, I was actually afraid of her. Who knows what sort of tricks she has piled under her sleeves. We awkwardly bought the tickets and waited in the line for who knows what ride. I caught her looking at me, wanting me to talk to her but after she realised I wasn't going to utter a single sound, she frowned, sighing like there was no end. Good, sigh all you want. I ain't making you happy. 

Yeah, so about this ride we got on, it was awful. I was too busy being not bothered that I somehow climbed into the most freaking traumatising rollercoaster ever. Nayeon's face didn't look good either. "B-Baekhyun-ah, why did you line up for this r-ride?! I d-didn't even realise!" "Huh?! Don't blame it on me! I was the one who was following you, so, it's your fault." "I don't care!!! I just want to get off!", she whined, trying to push the lever that embraced her shoulders. "It's too late! Geez, just sit down!", I yelled. She boohooed and stomped her feet unpatiently. I sighed. 

The rollercoaster made its first taunting step forward and in response, Nayeon wailed, "I must be damn crazy to be doing this!" I facepalmed myself and muttered, "It hasn't even started it." 

The cart eerily rattled from side to side as it ascended a vertical slope, causing many people to scream hysterically. Nayeon let out a whimper and dug her nails into the lever, terrified that she might fall out. The cart slowly reached its optimum point and the screams were priceless. I gulped, feeling the fear right in front of me. "OMMMA! APPA! SOMEONE SAVE ME!!!", Nayeon screeched out of nowhere, scaring the out of me. She immediately rotated her head towards me and buried her face into my chest, while holding onto my hands. My eyes popped. What the.... "Urm, can you get off-" 

The cart dropped. My heart dropped. Everything happened so quickly that I didn't even have a second to prepare myself. The rollercoaster sped down like a vexed bullet trying to stab someone into pieces. Then in what seemed like a split second, the cart diverted its path onto a twisted railing. It immediately shot up and twisted itself, causing my eyes to roll back and my teeth to clatter. Peculiar sounds drifted out of my mouth, as the cart rattled down into a never ending spiral. And then it decided to halt, causing me to lunge forward. My head spinning and my eyes rolling, I stayed put to gather my thoughts. What in the world was that ride? I wearily looked over to Nayeon, who just looked as if she had passed out. "Y-yah. The r-ride's finished.", I barely uttered. She opened her eyes and heaved for breath, "I a-am never g-getting on this- again."

Our legs shaking, we both got out of the cart, almost falling back down again.


We made a decision to leave the amusement park as Nayeon felt sick and couldn't go on any other rides. What a waste of money. We didn't go to any restaurants either as she complained about how she was going to be sick. In the end, we came back to the mall and somehow found our way into a park where an icecream stall was at. "Do you want an icecream instead?", I asked. She flickered her eyes at me weakily, and blushed, "Y-yes." "Uhm, okay. Wait here." 

I came back with two vanillia flavoured icecreams, and handed one cone to her. She took it out of my hands and slowly took a small bite. Man, I am way too nice. If Chanyeol was in this situation, he would have isolated her. I angrily the icecream. Why was I like this? Geez.

Just then I heard Nayeon groan. My eyes flashed at her and I immediately winced. "B-Baekhyun...ah, I think... I'm gonna throw up.", she gagged, shoving her icecream back into my hands. The one thing I couldn't stand was seeing people vomit. I would probably end up vomiting as well. "W-wait....Don't.", I uttered stubbornly, not knowing how to deal with this situation. But it was too late. A musty coloured substance sprayed out of and splattered onto the floor, all in one go. She gagged a few times more, before sinking to the ground. I froze. I didn't know whether to help her or run away. I accidentally found myself looking at her vomit which caused me to retch. 


After that ty incident, we awkwardly sat on a bench. I sighed, "Well, I think it's time for me to go.". She flashed her eyes at me with a pout, "Are you just trying to get rid of me?" "Well, not really. We've done most of the stuff people do on dates anyway." Yeah, getting scared on rides and vomiting over icecream. "But it wasn't supposed to be like this.", she wailed, her eyes watering. Slightly taken aback by her tears, I tried to respond with a reassurance comment , "W-well, it wasn't that awful. It could have been a lot worse." She didn't respond though. "Well, I'm going to go now.", I sighed while getting up. Just as I turned myself from her, she pulled my wrist and forced me to face her. "What the-", I made out but was interrupted by her loud bawl of tears, "Baekhyun! Do you really hate me that much?!" Not knowing what to say, I simply bit my lip but then she started to screech even more, "I am sorry but I really like you! And I mean it! My actions may be selfish but that's the only way I can get you to notice me!" "Wait-" "NO! I am not going to wait any longer!", and with that she wrapped her arms around my neck, forcing me to bend over. She immediately brought her face close to mine, as if she was going to kiss me. Heck no. I ain't kissing someone who just vomited like 10 minutes ago. I harshly pushed her away from me, "What do you think your doing?!" She gawked at me as if she was about to cry. "Don't do that ever again. Plus your deal was to go on a date. Not to assault me.", I carried on still outraged by her sudden action.

She was silent for a while before she angrily bawled again, "Well, I guess the deal never really applied anyways!" I raised my eyebrows, "What do you mean?" She tauntingly smiled, her face still drained with tears, "I know you are going to hate me more because of this, but, I actually don't have an audio tape, so techinically our deal is not a deal." My mind went blank. So wait...this girl is telling me that she never recorded anything in the first place and that I am just going on a date with her for no reason? She carried on, "When you guys were in the office that day, I was actually listening to the whole conversation. But I didn't record any of it because I didn't think of that idea until you mentioned that Sujin was your girlfriend. It was too late to record after that, so I didn't." I didn't know what to say. I can't believe I was fooled. "Why do you keep doing this to me?", I asked coldly. She sniffed, "I have no choice, okay?! If I confess to you, you don't even give me an answer. When I give you hints, you don't realise! So, all I can do is be like this! That's the only way you will notice me! If I didn't say I recorded you saying that Sujin's your girlfriend, you would have never accepted this date! So I had no choice but to do it, because I love you so much that it kills me that I cannot be with you!", she ended her dramathc confession, heaving for breath. I let out a blow of air, and scruffed my hair. When did it turn into this? I never knew Nayeon was this much of a fangirl until now. For the past two years, she had always been like a classmate, always polite with her words and actions. Was that all just drama? 

"I seriously had enough. I'm going home.", I muttered exhausted. Nayeon was on the verge of tears again, "Baekhyun-ya..." I shook my head, not wanting to hear any of it. She first told the teachers about the mentoring, then blackmailed me with a 'fake' audio tape just to go on a date with me. Who does that? "Bye. I'll see you at school.", I stated before leaving her dumbfounded.

Your P.O.V

Monday- After school

"WHAT?!", the whole table bellowed due to Baekhyun's dramatic story about his dating experience with the school's apparent angel, Nayeon. "She's actually unbelievable.", Baekhyun ended the conversation before helplessly slamming his head onto the table. 

I was too shocked to actually say something. She nearly forced Baekhyun into a kiss? The whole tape thing was a lie? Baekhyun was fooled? What kind of new drama is this? "Well, I guess she won't be bothering you as much. You did some pretty harsh things. I taught you well.", Chanyeol smirked. "Well yeah. I saw her today, she avoided me. It's a good thing I guess.", Baekhyun stated in relief. I could see Sujin sighing in relief. She must have been worrying. "Yeah it is.", the whole table chanted together.


The Nayeon incident slowly vanished after a few days, but something worse was awaiting for us all. The mid-term tests were 2 weeks away and by the looks of it, I still had a lot to go through with them. It was going to be hell. Thank god Sungyeol was helping me out!

# Good news to tell you guys! Middle school memories will end within less than 5 updates! YAY! Time to prepare for the highschool drama!! I know this fanfic is bloody long because these school chapters are just memories and the actual story hasn't even started yet! but yeah,  I like to describe things in detail and if I miss a tiny bit out, the story won't flow. But I am sort of worried that you guys might forget the storyline by then lol. But yeah, I'm trying very hard to make it interesting so you guys won't forget. The next update would probably excite you all , SPOILER, Jisu and Chanyeol will have their moments c: So yeah, thank you to all the beautiful readers out there who take time to read my fanfic despite it being long  . LOVE YA ALL!!! <3 (Man, I'm glad I'm nearly finishing the middle school memories! )