2 months.

Another Chance

Chapter 31

Your P.O.V

I sighed miserably as I headed towards the school gate. "It's Chanyeol isn't it?" , my brother's voice chipped into my thoughts. I winced in anguish at the horrible memory. All because of this damn journal, my brother was never going to treat me the same again. I have become a laughing stock.

I headed to my form room, dragging my body along like a phantom. I opened the door and received quietness. While sighing, I walked past the students who were either doing work or reading. This is my life- boring and lifeless. I caught Sungyeol staring at me but my mind was blank that I did not even greet him and instead I sloped onto my chair and slammed my head onto the table. I needed time to think.  When I thought things could get better, Arreum yelled over, "Han Jisu, you've got a slip." "Huh? Slip?" I asked wearily. She walked up to me and shoved a note onto my table, with a smirk playing on her lips, "You have to go and see the student services, it's urgent. I bet you are in trouble. " "WHAT?!". I leaped out of my chair and gawked at the note. "Han Jisu, Class 3B. Come immediately to the student services office." I felt myself panicking. Did they find out about me mentoring Chanyeol as well? Am I in trouble now? I boohooed at the state of my crusty life and slauntered out of the room with the note. Nothing good has ever happened to me since I have moved to Seoul. Nothing.

I began to speed walk incase I got told off for coming late too. I took some time to gather my thoughts. Maybe I should say they were pleading me, plus I didn't want to refuse because I love tutoring people, no this is all ing-

I accidentally crashed into some dude, and he groaned in pain. I realised that I was crawling on top of him and immediately rolled over. "Sorry I didn't mean to...." I trailed off in my words as I realised that he wasn't wearing a school uniform; only a grey oversized jumper and black jeans. I felt like I have seen this guy somewhere. I just don't remember where. He analysed my face and responded with an "Ah...it's you." I frowned at him trying to think of all the possibilites of where I might have seen him. In response, he smiled innocently and then...just then, it hit me. The same heart shaped lips...that e stalker on the bus! What is he doing here?! "Y-YOU! Why are you here?!" I exploded, but I realised he was already walking away, smiling that same smile . "You, wait there, I'm talking to you-". I heaved a breath realising that there was no point. He already left. So many questions were buzzing in my head. Why is he here? Is he a student here? Or did he stalk me all the way here too?! I shrieked in the corridor receiving a few stares from the passing by students.

"Ah Jisu, you came." I gulped as she made me enter the office. "Come over to the desk." Okay, I have to explain why this happened. "Mrs, I'm sorry Baekhyun asked me-" "Huh... What are you talking about?" she asked frowning. "Huh? er, nothing...he..he." She frowned once again and I mentally facepalmed myself...If she finds out, it's going to be my fault. But she didn't ask anymore on that and instead she handed me something. I looked at her hand and surprisingly it was my phone. "What...how?" I uttered in shock. "Some kid brought it over, your friend maybe." "What? I don't know anyone here-" Oh wait, him. The guy with the heart shaped lips, the pedofile on the bus. I sighed and took it from her hand, "Thanks." "So how is Baekhyun?" she grinned. I gulped. "He's erm, well, pretty good." "Oh well, that's good then. You better go back to class, today is day when you will know the date of the midterm tests. Your form tutor will announce it." "Oh okay, thank you.", I said while bowing.

Back in the classroom, Mr Baek was going through the bulletin. "-And finally, your midterm tests will be in another two months, in June during the last week. Prepare well for it."

Just 2 months left until everything is over. No mentoring, No chanyeol, No pain.

"Jisu." I heard someone call me. I twirled around and saw Sungyeol. "Oh, what is it?", I asked him. He didn't reply but instead stared at me from head to toe. "W-what?" I mumbled. "Hm. Are you alright?" he asked out of the blue. I looked at him surprised. When did Sungyeol care about me? "Don't misunderstand. You said you were my food coordinator and yet you look like you haven't been eating for the past few days. How can I entrust myself to someone like you?" Tch. "Well at least I don't faint like someone." I could feel him glaring at me. To break this awkwardness, I asked him, "So, are you eating alright now?" "Mhm.." "Well if you don't, I will snitch to the nurse! You know what she will do.", I grinned. "I eat, okay!", he yelled. I chuckled and to my surprise he smiled back. Like...what now?! Was I dreaming?

After school~

Even though I was happy at lunch, eating and chattering away with Sungyeol for the first time in my life and getting my phone back, there was also a part of misfortune that I had to go through. Mentoring.  How much I wished for these 2 months to be over, I know it will go slower than ever. This time we decided to meet at the car park as it is much more of a safer environment than meeting up in front of the office. As expected, I was the first one there. I sighed and pulled my bag over my shoulder and blew out a heave of air. Just then I heard footsteps clattering along the pavement. Hoping it will be Sujin, I looked but instead a tall shadow gloomed over. I swallowed hard as my heart started to beat again. Thump Thump