Kai and Sehun- welcome to the dumb group!

Another Chance

Chapter 33

Your P.O.V

It was finally Saturday and I decided to do some proper shopping in Seoul for the first time in my life. With Sujin. I grabbed a pair of leggings and a sweater and went to the bathroom.

"Are you going somewhere?" my mum asked. "Mhm, going shopping. Can you lend me some money?". Even though she glared at me, she handed me some money. "Thanks, omma!" "Come home early!" "I will." I rushed over to get my shoes when my brother smacked me on the head, "It's cold, are you only going to wear a jumper?" I was still awkward with him after that incident. "Thank you, for advising me, I'll go and get my hoody." "Hoody? To go on an date? Wear something nice-" "Date?!", me and my mum screeched in unison. "You are not going on a date with him?",my brother smirked. "Jisu, what date, with who?", my mum interrogated me with questions. "Don't listen to this cow, I am just going with Sujin to shop." "Oh okay, have fun! And it's not like I am against you having a boyfriend-" "Omma, can I go?" I asked rather unpatiently. "Look at this girl, omma" my brother grinned, while shaking his head. "I'm leaving, stop spoiling my day with your face."  In reply to my comment, my brother and my mum laughed their heads off. Why do they piss me off so much?

I waited for Sujin at Apgujeong station for quite a long time. We could have met up at my house and then left together. Now I had to wait.  Thank god I wore my hoody, it was too cold! After waiting for 15 minutes extra, I heard a yell, "Jisu!". I twirled around and I saw Sujin waving eagerly at me; I couldn't help but smile. When she caught up with me, she bent down and heaved for air. "Someone's late." "Sorry Jisu, the train arrived late." "It's okay!", I smiled. "Then, let's go and have fun!", Sujin squealed enthusiastically. And so we went to have fun.

"I think this will look good on you.", Sujin suggested, picking out a sleeveless floral dress. "It's pretty, but I don't think it will look nice on me, look at me!", I chuckled. "No, I think you look just fine! Go and try it on!"  "But-" "Go! You need to look good especially now that you have someone you like",she grinned, nudging me. "You -" "GO!"

I gazed at my reflection in the mirror and frowned. "Jisu! Are you done yet?", Sujin asked. "Yeah wait.", I replied back, adjusting the hem of the dress. I stepped out of the fitting room and nervously waited for Sujin to judge me. She gawked at me and yelped, "Jisu, you HAVE to wear dresses more often! You look so gorgeous!" "Nah, stop lying!", I giggled. "No trust me, it suits you." she complimented me, adjusting the sleeves as it was too tight. "Whoa, your arms are sturdy though, do you work out?", she asked pinching and poking my arm. "Not really, I used to do karate and this is why I hate wearing dresses, I look like a box." "Karate? Daebak! And no you don't! It's better to look fit. These days girls go for the slim look and you can literally see their bones." "Yeah true, but I'm still not wearing dresses." "It looks so nice though." I gazed down and studied the dress. It was a pretty dress, not going to lie. I looked at the price tag, and it hit me in the face. " 94,000 won?!, Yep, I'm taking this off right now!"

And so we went to several other clothing stores and then took a break at a café. The café was very busy and it would definitely take some time for a waiter to pop by. I could hear girls gossiping away behind us, "Omg, look at that guy over there, isn't he good looking?" "I prefer the one with the darker hair, he's too cute!" "They are both cute". I turned around to see what was going on, but people were blocking the way. "Reminds me of school", Sujin giggled. "Hm yeah.", I grinned.

I went to the counter to order some drinks as the waiter never came our way. "Okay, just wait at your table, we will bring them right away.", the woman at the counter stated. "Thanks.", I walked back to our table and sighed, "They said they'll bring it to us." "It was a bad idea to come here", Sujin pouted. Just then the girls behind us squealed, "Omg omg omg, one of them is coming over here, what do I do?!" These girls, geez.

"Huh where is he going on?" one of the girls asked, puzzled. You are being so damn loud, obviously he's not going to come near you.

I received a sudden pat on my shoulder, "Jisu?". I slightly jumped forward, not expecting to receive such greeting and then turned around. "Oh, it is you. I was a bit worried, thinking it may not be you.", he beamed, leaning forward. I recognised his face and his dark brown hair. The one that was with Baekhyun the day when I went to fetch some files by the office. What was his name?  "Kai?" Sujin blurted out, then immediately looked down, realising that she had said it out loud. "Oh Sujin" he said smiling. How does he know her? Oh right, they are in the same class. "Well, why don't you guys join us?" "Huh?!" I shrieked. Kai was slightly taken back, "Oh.., you scared me, I just wanted to introduce you to Sehun. The others aren't here though..."  The others aren't here though?! I let a sigh out of relief. I did not want to meet Chanyeol on the weekends. "Well...I don't mind-" I started off, but was interrupted. "Why are you taking so long?", someone called over from behind. "Oh, Jisu, this is Sehun and Sehun, this is Jisu", Kai introduced us. "Oh so is this why you ran off?" Sehun asked Kai and then diverted his gaze to me, "Hello Jisu, we heard a lot about you." he said grinning. Kai bit his lips and tapped Sehun's back, "Obviousy good things!", he said laughing awkwardly. Yeah good things my ! "Yeah...", I uttered under my breath. "Oh Sujin is here too, how come?" Sehun stated, looking suspiciously at her. "Remember? Chanyeol told us that Sujin gets mentored too." "Oh okay...", he said.

When I thought that at least one of them was smart enough to realise that something was fishy, Sehun just diverted his gaze back to Sujin and greeted her with an overly grin, "Well, if that's the case, then there's nothing to say!" What did I even expect from these dumb guys anyway? Well, I am glad that they did not question on Sujin's presence any further.