Friends.

Another Chance

Chapter 48

Your P.O.V

"Jisu! Sign my shirt!", Mirah, a girl from my class yelped, handing me a marker pen as she shoved her back into my face. After moments of thinking, I scribbled some heartfelt sentences down before giving the pen back to her with a smile. "What did you write?", Mirah asked with a broad grin. "Just the regular thing.", I smirked. In response Mirah pouted but then gave me a bone-crushing hug. "I'm going to miss you! I barely passed this year but because of you and Sungyeol, we class 3G students did well!", she yelped tighting her arms around my shoulders. I chuckled lightly in which she whined. "But I won't be coming to Cheongdam anymore! Why do I have to move out of Seoul now? It's not fair!", she yapped, removing herself from me whilst folding her arms. "Incheon is a nice place, I know you will like it there.", I reassured her with a bright smile. She sighed but then faced me with a beam, " I hope so too! But we definitely need a middle school reunion in the future!", she squealed, resulting the people around us to agree. "OMG! Yes! That would be awesome!", Sujin yelped beside me. 

"Really? A reunion? Let's not.", a deep voice bellowed behind me. I turned around and noticed Chanyeol eyeing the both of us with discontent. "I think it's a great idea.", Baekhyun grinned, slamming his arms around Chanyeol. "Yeah, it would be fun!", the rest of the class chimed in, resulting Chanyeol to sigh in defeat. I beamed at the sight.

A whole year had passed, since I came to Seoul, since I came to Cheongdam and since I met all these amazing people. It's now the last day of middle school! I have to admit, it has pretty much been the best year of my life so far. Before moving to Seoul, I lived in Daegu and the school I went there did not have at least 1% of the drama that Cheongdam creates. It was liveless. I mean, I had friends there but they weren't like Sujin. I ate lunch with them but I never met them outside of school. And my daily routine was to go to school, come home and then study.  And my brother worked most of the time so the house was even more dead. That was until my dad decided to move to Seoul. If I knew it was going to be this great, I would have never whined about it in the first place. But I hated Seoul back then. I thought that it meant I was going to have to study harder, go to a prestigious school with stuck up students, and have absolutely no time for the social life I never had.  But who knew that my usually correct assumptions were wrong? I met Sujin who turned my once boring life into something more worth living. Even though most of it was breaking a whole load of school rules, creating mess, and yelling and screaming in public places, I have to say, it was the most fun I ever had in my life. And most importantly, because of her, I got to know the Chanyeol I fell in love with. Well not entirely but since it all started due to her forcing me to mentor Baekhyun, her all-time crush, I guess she played a part in it. 

You see this mentoring, at first I regretted my decision. I was mentoring one of the school's kingkas and I knew it was going to create some sort of attention. And worst of all, I never knew I had to also mentor the cold prince of the school, Chanyeol as well. We both were not on good terms since we both had disappealing first impressions of each other. But as time went by I got to see many different sides of him and it made me wonder who he truly was. And  eventually, through many embarrassing encounters, I slowly started to like him and bam! I am in a one sided relationship! HURRAY!  I don't feel as depressed as I should be since Sujin is going through what I am going through as well.  But there are flaws to this one sided relationship. Chanyeol doesn't even consider me as a friend but an annoying acquaintance. Besides, he already likes someone else. And this someone is not someone ordinary. She's Eunsung. A high-school student, a natural beauty and one with a gentle personality. All 3 in 1 is rare so there's no second thought to why he would possibly not like her. I've been taking it well since I don't see her everyday but I know that from now on, I have to start worrying since we are all going to be attending the same high school. However, I can cope knowing that I have supporters.  And I guess Chanyeol is starting to show a friendly side of him. Somewhat friendly should I say...

But most importantly, I would have fun since everyone's attending Cheongdam High. Sujin, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Sungyeol, Kai, Kris and Sehun. Being with them is more than enough for me, even though it means teasing 24/7! 

"More than the reunion, I am looking forward to the end of year festival, it is happening this year right?", Sehun asked, gaining attention from the group. "Oh yeah! The fesitival!", Baekhyun exclaimed. "What's that?", Sungyeol and I asked at the same time. "Oh, well, it's basically a competition that goes on for about a week. Classes have to compete in sports and what everyone's looking forward to is the classroom challenge. Last year, one of the classrooms made at least 20 people faint!", Baekhyun smirked devilishly. I gaped at Baekhyun unbelievably in which he laughed. "Yeah, it's that crazy!"  "Then, what is this so-called classroom challenge?", Sungyeol asked. Suddenly Baekhyun went bonkers. "The classroom challenge? It's the best thing that happens in this school! You get money for torturing the first years! Well that depends on what you design your classroom as. But yeah the main gist of this is that each class has to tranform their classroom into something, like a cafe for example and whoever earns the most money and people, gets the highest points. Then after adding the points from the sport competitions, whoever has the most points is the winner and gets crowned the class of whatever year it is. Last year, class 3D won. They were the ones that did the haunted house and made people faint! And trust me, this is the only competition the top classes at. They have no sense of creativity so we can easily beat the out of them this year as well. We have to do something similiar to the last year winners. We.have.to.win.", Baekhyun heaved his last words with fire in his eyes.

Sungyeol and I were lost for words. So this is what a classroom challenge is. An outraged battle among the classes. And here I thought it was going to be some sort of an academic based quiz.  

"No sense of creativity huh?", Sungyeol suddenly scoffed at Baekhyun. "You are no longer a top class student, you are one of us remember?", Baekhyun winked, putting his arms around Sungyeol. "Like I had a choice.", Sungyeol hissed resulting Baekhyun to chuckle slightly. "But when is the festival?", I chipped in. "We don't know yet but it's probably next week. That's how it was last year. The teachers will tell us anyways.", Baekhyun answered. 


So just like Baekhyun said, the festival had been announced that it will be taking place next week. And since it had been offically announced, the school had never been crazier. The school corridors were decorated, the entrance was filled with displays and the classrooms were cleaned out for the challenge. 

"It's finally here huh?", Sujin grinned, eyeing the enthusiastic students helping out with the decorations. It was the summer holidays and we were back in school for the festival. "Hey guys!", a bunch of guys yelled together. I turned around with Sujin and noticed Kris, Kai and Sehun strolling towards us with a wave. And behind them was Baekhyun and Chanyeol. I couldn't help but notice once again how good Chanyeol looked in his casual clothes. "Okay guys! The day is finally here! I just checked the board and it is the sports round!", Baekhyun beamed, already fired up. "Let's go to the sports hall, we have an assembly there.", Baekhyun carried on in which we all followed him to the sports hall. "But wait, where's Sungyeol?", he asked as we headed indoors. "He's probably going to be late as usual.", Kris laughed. "It's not like he is going to help us win this round anyways.", Chanyeol scoffed, finally opening his mouth. "What do you mean?", Kris asked. "He can't even play volleyball, how will he play over 5 sports in one day?", Chanyeol questioned him. "It's only volleyball and plus we nearly beat you so.", I butted in unintentionally. Chanyeol snorted. "Nearly." "WHAT?! At least he learns things quickly! If he knew how to play it before, we would have beaten you!", I snapped. As Chanyeol opened his mouth, Baekhyun cut in. "There there. Why do you two always bicker like an old couple?", he smirked, one arm over my shoulder and the other arm over Chanyeol's. Everyone started to laugh and I could feel my face flushing in embarrassment. 

Sungyeol came a little while later and we took our seats in the sports hall arranged in class order. A few minutes later, a man walked to the center of the hall and I assumed he was a P.E teacher as he was in his tracksuit. "Okay! Let's get this started!", he roared in which the students cheered like crazy. "To those who don't know me, I am Mr Bang and today, I will be the instructor who will tell you the rules, instructions and I will also judge with the other teachers from the P.E department. The rules are simple. Stick with your class and don't cheat. If you break these rules, you will get disqualified. And now, the instructions. This year we are doing 4 sports. First it will be a game of basketball, then a game of dodge ball. After Lunch, we will have races including the 100, 200 and 400 m race separate for boys and girls and then a relay race. We are starting the basketball game in 10 minutes and it will be similiar to a tournament. There are 7 rounds. Each class will be paired up with another class and they will have a match. The class that wins the first match would then be paired up with the other classes that also won and they would have another match. The classes that lost, don't worry! You will have another chance for a match and if you win, you will go to the next round. If you lose, you will be disqualified. Remember, if you lose 2 matches, you are disqualified.  Do you guys understand so far?", Mr Bang announced. "Yes!", the students chanted together.

" Also, since we have 7 classes, each class, on a rotate, would sit out of the game every round because there's an odd number. And lastly, I will be going over the point scores. The points rewarded for 7th place is 0 points, 6th place is 10 points, 5th place is 20 points 4th place is 30 points, 3rd place is 50 points, 2nd place is 75 points and 1st place is 100 points. I want you all now to go and check the notice board, where it tells you what classes are going up against each other and what class is going to sit out on the first round. After you are done, go and stand in your courts." With that said, everyone got up and dashed to the notice board like their lives depended on it. 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

"Class 3G...3G...", Kai muttered, his finger whizzing through the notice board. "We are at the bottom! Look here!", Sehun snapped, pointing at the big fat letters that read 'Class 3G'. We all bent down in an anticipated manner only to be hit with a brick. "WHAT?! We are not taking part in the first match? What is this nonense?!", Kai screeched. "What's going on?", Sungyeol called over, walking towards us with Jisu and Sujin. " We are the ones that are sitting out on the first match.", Baekhyun replied, sighing. "What's the big deal anyways? We are still going to compete", Sungyeol argued. "I know but I wanted to start right away!", Baekhyun exclaimed, pumping his fists resulting everyone to laugh. 

We walked over to our court which was court 4, and sat on a nearby bench. Mr Bang was now going through the main instructions of the game, such as you cannot hold the ball for more than 3 seconds in one spot and you cannot walk with the ball. Instead of listening to him, we used this time to plan our team work. "So, Kris, you are in the basketball team right?", Baekhyun asked. "Were.", Kris corrected him. "Still! You know a lot about basketball!", Baekhyun hissed. "Well, Chanyeol used to play basketball back in the first year.", Kris stated resulting me to glare at him. "Well, I quit two years ago but you only quit last year.", I raised my voice in which Baekhyun sighed. "Geez, can we be serious about this? We need to win this if we don't want to remain as the class of failure for the rest of our lives. So Kris, be the captain of our team since you are more experienced and Chanyeol, help him.", Baekhyun ordered. "Fine.", I sighed along with Kris. This festival is too much effort. 

"Kris, do you remember any of the good players from the basketball club?", Sungyeol asked. "Why?" "So we know who they are? So we can watch them play in the first match and spot their weaknesses?", Sungyeol stated instantly receiving praise from the crew. "Now that's a smart idea!",  Baekhyun yelped along with Sehun and Kai. "Hmm, the guys from class 3D are good. Bang Yongguk, Moon Jongup and Choi Junhong." "Is that all?", Sungyeol questioned. It took a few seconds for Kris's expression to darken. "The old captain got replaced with some bastard called Minho or something. Man, he thinks he's good. All he did was use filthy tactics and just because he beat me once, he thinks he is-" "Hyung. I think you are missing the gist here. So is this guy good or not?", Sehun asked, cutting Kris straight off. In response Kris sent daggers at him, not responding at all. "He must be good, if Kris hyung is jealous.", I teased, in which his fists shot right at me.

Baekhyun now faced our class who were blankly staring at us since we got carried away and ignored them for who knows how long. "So guys, Kris is our captain. Hmm.., everyone who likes basketball, give it your all and those who don't, just act like you are taking part because as a class we have to stick together.", he announced. "And you call that team work.", Sungyeol muttered under his breath, thinking that no one heard him. "Ok guys! Let's cheer!", Baekhyun yelped as the whole class now stood together in a circle and put their hands out to the center, one after the other. "1, 2, 3! Fighting!!!", we all roared as we lifted our hands up into the air. "You lot over there! Shut up and listen or you won't understand the rules!", Mr Bang suddenly screeched, destroying our wonderful bond. But everyone just chuckled and it somewhat brought a smile to my face. Man, we better win this. Just then I felt someone looking in my direction. Jisu. As my eyes met hers, she immediately rotated her head the other way and dissolved into the crowd of classmates. What's up with her? 

After changing into our kits which had "Class 3G", plastered on the front, we were at the bench again, eagerly watching the first match which was between class 3F and class 3A. And damn, class 3A were failing miserably. The other matches were also tense as I looked over to the other court where class 3D and 3E were. This is going to be a fierce competition. The first match ended in 30 minutes and it was our turn to go. As we got up, class 3E stumbled over to the bench, panting and sweating like crazy. That will be us in the next half and hour.

We were up against class 3F on the second court. As we approached them, the guys on the team sniggered but the girls however, squealed. I rolled my eyes but then it hit me. Wouldn't this be a good tactic after all? I smiled brightly at the girls and in an instant, they all started to go wild. "Good one.", Baekhyun whispered besides me. The game started a few minutes after and now we were running around the court, our eyes on the ball. Kris had the ball but a tall guy leaped in front and took it from him. As he was about to take it to the hoop, Jisu emerged out of nowhere, and whilst ducking down she slid her hands between his, and took the ball out in a swift. I gaped at her in astonishment and so did the others. She dribbled the ball, her eyes searching for someone to pass it onto when she looked right at me. "Chanyeol.", she mouthed out, before throwing the ball right at me. I caught it in an instant and without wasting a second, I dribbled the ball near the hoop before jumping and dunking the ball into the hoop. "1-0", the machine read. "YAS!", I heard Baekhyun yell on the other side of the court. I chuckled lightly, shaking my head at Baekhyun's stupidity. But then I thought of Jisu and my eyes unintentionally searched for her. It was because of her I managed to get a pretty good shot. However when I looked at Jisu, she was bickering away with a girl from class 3F and I recognised her straight away. Goo Hara. My number one fangirl. The one who started my fanclub, the one who fills my locker will trashy love letters, the one who made numerous cyworld accounts to stalk me, the one who exposed my phone number to the school, the one who followed my sister from school, the one who was in the same class as me in elementary school and the one I wanted to kill so badly. Oh trust me, the list can go on forever. Just then, Hara noticed me and she yelped, "OPPA! Why is she still here?! After all the things she did to you!! How dare she think its alright to pass the ball to you-" Just then, the machine beeped, indicating us to start the game. I ignored Hara and headed to the other side of the court. How does she know Jisu? But then I remembered. A couple of months back when Jisu moved to 3G, I had to witness her beating Hara with her blazer. I cackled at the memory only to receive weird stares from Sehun. "Are you okay there?", he asked, eyeing me like I was mad. 

"Huh? Y-yeah, I'm fine.", I muttered, dumbfounded at myself for even thinking about her. No, I'm not fine. I'm mental. "Stop getting all gassed just because you scored a point. If it wasn't for Jisu-" I interrupted Sehun. "I wasn't laughing because of that.", I stated before storming off. Why is it that everywhere I go, all I hear is Jisu that, Jisu this? 

After running around, yelling and screaming, we managed to win the match and God, Baekhyun was hyper. Our next match was with 3A and it was well easy than expected. They all had straight faces and from their lifeless moves and actions, I could tell they were not interested. Which made the game more easier. In 10 minutes we scored 10 points and by the end, we were balling with a good 26-1. It's true. The top class students are only good at studying. They are useless at everything else. "We are so going to win!", Baekhyun yelped. dancing around the court with his t-shirt above his head. But a short while later I knew he jinxed it as for the 4th round, we were up against 3D. And from what I know, they excel at sports. Also last year, the previous 3D students won the festival competition so they are probably determined to keep that pride this year as well. Me and Kris stood at the center of the court along with 2 other guys on the opposite side. Bang Yongguk and Moon Jongup. They obviously recognised us as Yongguk leaned in with a light smile, his eyes fixtated on Kris. "Hasn't it been a while since I last saw you Kris? I thought you said you were never going to play basketball again." He then averted his gaze to me. "Chanyeol. I heard you have improved a lot since you last quit. I'm glad that I'd be able witness it today." I didn't know whether he was being sarcastic or not so I just smiled half-heartedly. He smiled back and then turned his attention to Kris. "Let's have a good game yeah?", he stated in which Kris nodded with a smile, "Yeah, let's do that."

We waited for the machine to beep and for the game to start. A short moment after, the machine flashed red and as the ball shot up, Kris immediately slammed it to our side. However before he had the chance to pass it onto one of us, Yongguk snatched the ball away and stormed his way to the hoop. Sehun tried defending the hoop but Yongguk still managed to score. "0-1". He high fived his classmates before turning to look at Kris with a smirk. Kris snorted before tossing the ball to me. I thought I could score again but nothing was on my side. They were all tall, also both the boys ang girls were working equally as hard, whereas on my team, most of the girls had given up as they stood around the court staring off into space. "3-0" urgh. We couldn't even score one point. "Good game!", Yongguk yelled over, his face plastered with sly smirks. Our class ignored him and trudged off the court. Baekhyun sighed. "If we lose again, we are disqualified guys.", he huffed. "Hopefully we are up against one of the top classes. They are anyways.", I stated receiving a cold glare from Sungyeol. "What? You are not a top class student anymore! How many times do I have to tell you? Get over it.", I snapped in which he ignored me. Hmph.

Just then Mr Bang announced the teams for the next round. "For round 5, 3B vs 3G and 3D vs 3E." "Wait. What happened to the other classes? Are they disqualified?!", Kai beamed. " OMG! Yes! That means if we win this match, we only have 2 more rounds! We are up against 3B right? It's all good then! They are probably awful at sports! We are going to win!", Baekhyun exclaimed. Just then Baekhyun smirked. "Oh Jisu and Sungyeol, we are up against your ex class. How does it feel?" "Shut up.", Jisu glared along with Sungyeol. We all ambled to the court to be greeted by a herd of plain looking, inert group of students and it immediately brought a smile to my face. I turned to Kris with determination, "We can win this-". However I trailed off as I noticed Kris gawking at some guy. Just then the guy Kris was staring at grinned. "Oh Kris! Long time no see!", the guy waved eagerly receiving a cold shoulder from Kris. Who the heck is he? " CHOI MINHO?! Kris, was this the guy you were talking about?!", Jisu suddenly screeched. Kris nodded stiffly, as if his soul had evacuated from his body. "I used to sit next to him when we were in class 3B. But I didn't think he could play sports. All he did was laugh and joke around.", Sungyeol gaped at him in a shocked manner.  Wait a minute. The bastard that replaced the basketball captain is him? A 3B student? Whut. Just then Minho strided towards us. "Sungyeol! Jisu! How are you guys? It's been a while since we all talked.", he beamed. "Yeah...", Sungyeol muttered still in confusion. Before Minho walked away from us he took a quick glance at Kris and sniggered. "This little son of a-" The machine interrupted Kris. 

The ball was in Minho's hand and before anyone had a chance to do something, he already threw it into the hoop gaining a point. It hasn't even been a minute yet and he scored. He's good. After a couple of minutes Kris scored as well, leaving us with a tie. I thought we could score more but I was wrong. I had the ball in my hands and as I analysed my surroundings, the only person from my class that was near me was Sujin. If I don't pass the ball to her in 3 seconds, the ball goes to the other team. "OI! SUJIN! take the ball!", I yelled. "W-what but!", she gasped as I threw it at her. She managed to catch it in time but now she had no one to give it to. "Kris is behind you ,throw it to him!", I hissed, getting really annoyed. However, this stupid girl decided to throw the ball back at me and with 3B students surrounding me, I had no choice but to throw it back to her. But she really had to break my patience by throwing the ball back at me, again. Instead, I saw Sehun standing opposite me on the other side of the court and if I made an angular throw, it would reach him. "SEHUN!", I shouted as I hurled the ball at him. Unfortunately his reflexes failed him and the ball hit him right in the face in split seconds. "OW!!!", he screeched, rubbing his face vigorously as the others approached him with a worried expression. I let out a thunderous sigh and scrunched my hair. There's no hope, we are going to lose. 

I now had the ball, but it was impossible for me to take hold of it for much longer as Minho was right at me along with his other hooligan friends. Just to make matters worse, more 3B students flung at me and I had no other choice but to pass it to Sungyeol who was blankly staring at the match that was going on in front of him. Sungyeol noticed me looking at him and I mouthed out, "I'm throwing the ball to you. Pass it back to me!"  Because he was smart, I thought he knew I said that to distract some of the students swarming around me so that I had more space to move around in when he passed the ball back. Instead this nutcase catched the ball with a blank expression and then mouthed out "Ah.", before tossing the ball into the hoop. Into our hoop. Into our freaking damn assed hoop! Everyone was silent for a while and I couldn't help but facepalm myself in embarrassment. Sungyeol, you are really useless when it comes to sports. How could you put the ball in the wrong hoop? How could you betray us like this? 

"1-3"

I sighed as we all sat on the bench. "I can't believe we are disqualified.", Baekhyun heaved, slouching against the wall. "It's all over. ", Kai uttered after him. "We lost to the nerds.", Sehun boohooed after Kai. A brief silence took over when Jisu broke it. "Are you guys giving up this easily? We still have dodgeball and the relay race. If we try our best, we might win after all.", she assured the rest of the class. "Win? How? We are 4th place. ", I questioned her. "So? That's only for basketball. We also have the classroom challenge and that's the important task. Even if we lose, we should at least try our best and enjoy yourselves.", she replied, the others slowly nodding their heads. "Yeah, that's true guys! We still have a lot more tasks to complete! Let's not give up yet!", Baekhyun raised his voice. And so we didn't give up.


Your P.O.V

"TAKE THAT!", Kris roared as he slammed the ball onto Minho and moments later, Minho crashed onto the floor taking down several others with him. "GYAAAAA! Now I feel better!", Kris squealed, pumping his fists up and down. I couldn't blame Kris for his excitement. Minho derserved it. 

In the end, we did beat 3B but we lost against 3D in the final round of dodgeball. But it was okay since we gained 2nd place.

Mr Bang let us out for lunch and after that we had the races at the school field. The races were done separately between males and females and overall as a class we came 3rd. 

"Man, I'm tired.", Kris sighed as he threw himself onto the grass, his hands behind his head and his legs over one another. "We only have the relay race now.", Chanyeol stated, laying down on the grass as well. Just then Mr Bang blew the whistle and everyone shot up and adjusted their posture. "This is the last event of the day and to make it a little amusing we changed the instructions a little. Instead of doing a simple relay race, we decided to do a couple relay race.", he announced in which the students gawked at him in confusion. "I will pick 4 males and females from each class to represent their class. And to make it difficult, their hands will be handcuffed together. Just like the normal relay race, each of the 4 will stand on each corner of the tracks on the same zone and wait for the baton to be passed around. The first class to reach the finish line wins. Since your hands are handcuffed, it will be much harder so if you drop the baton you won't be disqualified, you just have to pick it up again which is equally as hard if you ask me. So then, I'll now pick 8 names from each class."  "Why does he have to make it hard?", Kris scowled, before laying back down again. "Just hope that none of us will get chosen.", Chanyeol stated. Mr Bang was now reading the names and soon, he was going to read the names of our class. We all looked uneasy as Mr Bang eyed all of us, one by one before he chose his final 8. "Class 3G, Kim Jaerim and Lee Mirah. Lee Taehyun and Lee Danbi. Song Jeonghan and Bae Minji. And finally...", As he took his time thinking of the last couple, we remained as blank as possible. Mr Bang's eyes flickered near my direction and for a second I thought he looked at me but his eyes whizzed past. Phew. "I'm going for Park Chanyeol and...." My head immediately rotated to Chanyeol who looked just a shocked as I did. What nice luck he has. I could see Baekhyun and the rest sniggering at him and I couldn't help but laugh. Just then Baekhyun caught me and smirked. "Pick Han Jisu! Han Jisu! Han Jisu!", he chanted and soon the whole squad joined in. "W-WHAT?! Baekhyun do you want to die?!", I screeched, flustered at the sudden turn. Shortly after Mr Bang interrupted them with a hush. Please, please, please don't pick me. "Hm, well why not? The last couple is Park Chanyeol and Han Jisu.", he ended the announcent and all I could hear were the cackles and sniggers among my class. Immediately, I whacked Baekhyun's head and he responded with an "OW! That hurts!". Ignoring his cries, I got up along with Chanyeol and walked to the front awkwardly. Just then a lady with a box of handcuffs came over to us and from the corner of my eyes, I could see Chanyeol's expression darken. I gulped as the lady told us to hold hands and when we did, I could hear someone whistling and whooping. It was probably Baekhyun and I was going to murder him after I was done. The lady tightened the handcuffs and I never felt so restricted in my life. I couldn't even move my hands on my own. The lady went to the other teams and I wished that she would just bring out the batons as soon as possible so that I don't have to hold hands with him and die of excessive blushing. 

In the end, Jaerim and Mirah had the baton as they were starting the race and me and Chanyeol were put on the last corner, meaning that we will get the baton last. Great. I have to hold hands with him for much longer now. 

The race started when Mr Bang blew the whistle and all I could see were the teams struggling to run together and it made me uneasy. It was going to be worse for me since I am a dwarf in comparison to Chanyeol. I have to work harder to surpass his long legs. I could see Jaerim and Mirah pass the baton with difficulty to Taehyun and Danbi and just then the couple next to them had fallen down. I gasped and Chanyeol looked down at me sternly. "Let's get ready now.", he stated. "Huh? Yeah...", I mumbled as the baton was now passed onto Jeonghan and Minji. They were coming first and I couldn't help but feel like we could win this. But, I guess my selfish thoughts sabotaged their teamwork as the baton slipped past their grasp and onto the floor. "Omg...", I gasped as they struggled to pick up the stick again. I watched the other teams zoom past them and I felt like something had to be done. "MINJI! JEONGHAN! YOU GUYS CAN DO IT!", I screeched, startling Jeonghan, Minji and Chanyeol. "DON'T FEEL NERVOUS! TAKE YOUR TIME AND PICK IT CAREFULLY!", I yelled, trying my best to calm them down as Jeonghan tried grasping onto the stick but because Minji was not fast enough, it kept slipping out of their hands. After 10 seconds they managed to pick it up and as they ran towards us.

Chanyeol yelled, "Start with you right foot!". We snatched the baton from them and I started with my right foot just as he told me. I could instantly see the difference because we were the only ones running in sync and the rest were tripping over each others' foots. At first, I didn't think we would make it on time as we only overtook 2 teams and 2 were still ahead of us. But thankfully for us, one team stumbled over each other and crashed onto the ground making us second place. As I looked from the corner of my eyes, I could see that we were coming towards the finish line and in 10 seconds, someone was going to win. My legs started to hurt along with my eyes and when I thought I was going to slow down, I heard Chanyeol. "Jisu, don't give up yet. We are going to win." Huh? What is this strange feeling? Did he just assure me? I don't know why but my eyes naturally shut itself and I trusted him. I felt myself running faster now and just then I could hear people screaming. "CHANYEOL! JISU! CHANYEOL! JISU!" We are nearly there! Just a little bit more! Suddenly I felt something hit me and I tumbled down along with Chanyeol. I snapped my eyes open in fear that we had fallen, only to find me laying on top of Chanyeol, the finish line tape wrapped around us and the other teams jogging towards us out of breath. I gaped at Chanyeol in confusion. "Did we just w-win?", I asked him in pure shock. "I don't know.", he heaved, looking around his surroundings in awe. "OMG!!!!!!! YES!!!!! WE WON!!!!! HAHA!!!", I heard Baekhyun screech on the otherside of the tracks, his arms flailing around like a child's. Wait- so we won? We actually won?! "OMG!!!!!", I yelped, shooting off my feet onto to tumble back down again. "Arghh .", Chanyeol moaned as my elbow hit him right in the chest. "S-sorry, I totally forgot that I was wearing handcuffs-" I was interrupted by a roar of footsteps pelting down in our direction, and before we had I chance to react, a whole mass of bodies landed on us. "GUYS! WE WON! OMG!", I heard someone screech. "I can't breathe!", I wheezed as someone was literally sitting on me. After that what- was-supposed-to-be-a-group hug, Sujin helped me and Chanyeol get on our feets and brought the key to the handcuffs. With a click, I was free again. 

The results were announced on the notice board, an hour after the sports competition.

SPORTS 3A 3B 3C 3D 3E 3F 3G
BASKETBALL 10 100 0 75 50 20 30
DODGEBALL 0 50 10 100 30 20 75
METER RACE 0 30 10 100 75 20 50
RELAY RACE 0 30 10 75 50 20 100
TOTAL 10 7th 210 3rd 30 6th 350 1st 205 4th 80 5th 255 2nd

 

"We did pretty good don't you think?", Baekhyun winked. "I know right, I thought we were going to come 4th place or something!", Kai exclaimed. "It's all thanks to our teamwork and effort.", Sungyeol stated with a smile. "You don't have the right to say that! Betrayer!", Chanyeol scowled at him. "I said I'm sorry, I didn't know that I threw the ball in our own hoop! Everyone makes mistakes!", Sungyeol snapped. "Guys calm down, we came second and that's more than enough.", I beamed. "Who knows? We might come first! We still have the classroom challenge left!", Sujin squealed. "Oh yeah! OMG guys, let's do a haunted house! It would be fun scaring the first years!", Baekhyun leased out his horror obsessions again. "Enough with the haunted house! You can't even watch horror movies!", Kris barked. "NO, I can! Let's do it! Okay? OKAY? OKAY! It's settled then!", Baekhyun shrieked. "Dude, you still have to ask the rest of our class.", Chanyeol chipped in. "Damn it." , Baekhyun scowled. I watched them with a huge big fat smile. I can't wait for the classroom challenge. I will show them what real horror is. Ke. Ke. Ke.


Your P.O.V

It was the second day of the fesitival and  the classroom challenge had began! We decided to do a haunted house. Obviously with a little more of a twist. "Okay, this is the overall idea.We will start off as a bubble tea bar and then convert into a haunted house half way through. HAHA! The poor first year students, they are in for a scare!!!", Baekhyun chuckled devilishly, imagining the number of victims that were going to fall for this. Everyone gawked at him unbelievably, their faces filled with regret as if letting Baekhyun be the organiser was the biggest mistake ever. 

As a class we all were put into individual groups. We had a group of girls organising the bubble tea bar and then we had another group organising the haunted house.  We also had a group for costume and crops and another group for effects and lighting. 

On the 3rd day, we worked on the crops and costume, and the next day we worked on laying out everything in the classroom.  It was pretty tiring but it was also fun since we all stayed up late testing if the scares worked on each other. 

On the 4th day, we spent time rehearsing our roles along with the effects, lighting and the costumes. And I have to admit, Baekhyun really did do a great job bringing this all together.

"FInally we are done with everything! I can't believe it's tomorrow!", Sujin squealed as we walked out of school together. "I know, I'm excited!", I beamed. " I can't wait! It's going to be amazing! Oh darn, my bus is here. I'll see you tomorrow at 6pm then! Bye!", she yelled as she jogged over to the bus that was now emerging from the bend.  I waved her goodbye before making my way to my house. She's right! It's going to be amazing!


As I entered school the next day, I was greeted by festive music and stalls outside the school building. The sky was darkening but coloured lights lit up from all angles and it looked breath-taking. I noticed a crowd of first year students, laughing and joking  excitedly near the stalls but when this day was over, they would be too scared to even move. I kind of felt bad for them since the third years were taking advantage but in the end, these first years would also become third years so it was all good. No need to feel guilty. I ambled inside the school building and to my classroom. "Oh Jisu! You're here! Get changed, we are starting at 7pm!", Sujin squealed, pushing me to the hidden corner of the classroom which had a oversized box with curtains on each side. "What is that?", I asked. "Our changing room!", she laughed. "What?!" I was pushed inside the carboard box and I saw few other girls getting ready, Mirah being one of them. She noticed the weird expression on my face and giggled. "Be happy because the boys are changing in the janitor room!" 

The girls helped me with my makeup and my hair, and then Mirah passed me a pair of white contact lenses. " Since you are the only girl playing the ghost, we want to make you look as scary as possible. They glow in the dark.", she whispered the last part with a grin. "OMG WHAT?! Seriously, that's cool!", I beamed, eyeing the contacts in awe. "Put them on then.", Mirah stated. I carefully put them in and Mirah yelled over, "Can someone turn the lights off for a second please?". The room suddenly turned pitch black and I knew that the lenses were glowing as they were like a torch light, beaming rays of light onto the surfaces. "Jisu, look at us.", Mirah whispered, her voice slightly nervous. I turned around and was startled at the girls' reactions. "AHHHH! TURN THE DAMN LIGHTS ON! GEE!" As the lights came back on, the girls had evacuated to one corner, shaking like crazy. "D-damn, you look beyond scary. I don't want to see that again b-but this is it! The eyes make you look p-perfect.", Mirah announced, not daring to look me in the eyes. I couldn't help but chuckle. "Wow, I must really look scary." Then my cackle turned slightly evil. "I'm going to do a little experiment guys, be right back." I skipped down the empty dark corridor and headed to the janitor room which was just on the corner. I knocked on the door. A short while later, I heard Baekhyun yell. "Who's that?" I knocked again, only to hear someone say, "What the hell man?". I chuckled slightly before knocking again and someone was definitely furious, "Are you deaf?! Who are you?!" It was Chanyeol's voice. Just then the door opened and the first thing I heard was a high pitched shriek. I watched Chanyeol flee to the back off the room in a flash, and the others crawling on top of him, fighting for that space. I stepped into the room and they screamed louder. " ! ARE YOU GUYS SEEING WHAT I'M SEEING?! AHHHH!! %&%^&*$!! $&^$$&*" "It's me guys. Jisu.", I stated, trying my best to keep a straight face without laughing. 

The boys stopped swearing and screaming. "W-what?", Baekhyun croaked. "It's Jisu. Did I scare you guys?", I cackled. "Man, you did more than just scaring me. I think I pissed myself.", Baekhyun trembled, still facing the other way. I watched as the other guys scrunched up their faces at Baekhyun's confession and I shook my head. "It's okay guys, you can look at me now.", I assured them. "Only if you take that damn contact lenses off!", Kris exploded. "I have.", I lied. Slowly they all rotated their heads but when the saw that I haven't taken them off, they all attacked the back wall again, swearing like crazy. "HOLY MOLY! I SWEAR! You look like the devil's child! I am not even lying! We are going to win this , I swear!!", Baekhyun shrieked, tears streaming down his face; half of happiness, half of being frightened to death. 

It was 7pm exactly and I was hiding in the carboard changing room along with Chanyeol, Kris and Baekhyun who were also playing ghosts. They looked equally as freaky except their eyes didn't glow like mine. I peered through the tiny cut out of the carboard, and noticed Sujin, Kai and Sehun in waitress and waiter outfits, standing behind the counter. SNSD-Genie was playing on the music box, and just then, our first customers came in. They were two girls and Sehun greeted them. Mirah and the other girls led the two to a table and gave them a free bubble tea. "The room looks really pretty!", one of the girls beamed. "Thanks.", Kai smiled, the girls instantly blushing. We waited for more people to enter our classroom, which took 30 minutes at least and by that time, our bubble tea bar was filled with people. Baekhyun sniggered at the first years who were enjoying themselves. "Shall we?", Baekhyun whispered. We all nodded our heads and Baekhyun then texted one of the classmates who were in charge of the lighting and effects."Turn the lights off now" A second later the room and the whole corridor turned pitch black. We heard some murmurs and as planned, Sujin said, "I think the power is out. Let me go and check." The door opened and slammed to make it seem like Sujin left the room but in reality, she tiptoed her way with the others into the changing room. "W-what's going on?", the first year students asked, shocked at the sudden power cut. "Don't worry guys, the power will be back on again, hopefully.", Sehun stated, before slying making his way to he changing room. We all managed to fit ourselves in and Baekhyun texted the lighting and effects team. "Turn the lights on" The lights in an instant, and we peered through the cut out to study their expressions. The first years looked so confused as they noticed that none of the seniors were in the room.  "Where are they?", they asked each other. Just then a boy snorted. "It's probably a prank. I bet they all just left. This is why I hate the older years. Let's go, I heard that there is a game archade.", he stated, getting up with few of his friends. "Oi, Jisu. Get that boy, yeah? We need to teach him a lesson.", Kris whispered. The boy reached for the door handle but it was locked. "What the- I can't open it." At that precise moment, the light turned off and so did the music. That was when the girls started to scream. Okay let's do this!

Baekhyun said that I should go first, and get the boy and then they will all jump out scaring the others as well. I stepped out of the changing room, with roller skates on and just then, a eery lullaby played out loud from the music box. Wow, the lighting and effects team are really working hard on this. A few of the first years noticed a pair of white eyes coming from the distance and shrieked. I sped down the slope, rollerskating towards the boy and in seconds, my hands gripped onto his shoulders. He let out a high pitched shrill and at that moment, the room was filled with evil laughter and screams. The others jumped out, as I heard the first years screaming from behind me. I played my role, acting possessed, while I dragged the poor boy around the room who was now definitely crying. The room was in chaos, ghosts jumping out at students, students trying to open the door, screams and cries everywhere, and I swear, I think some students fainted. Just then the lullaby started fading out which indicated us to go back in the changing room and for the waiters and waitresses to come back out again. Me and Baekhyun headed back first, and the rest that were sitting in the changing room, got out and dashed to the bar to prepare bubble teas. Chanyeol and Kris were still scaring the others. Okay we are doing good so far. The lullaby suddenly stopped and Chanyeol and Kris ran back into the changing room. Just then the lights turned back on again and SNSD-Gee was playing in the background. Sujin was at the door, acting as if she had just came back from checking the power, and the rest were either at the counter, or sweeping the floor with brooms. Just then Sehun carried a tray of bubble tea to the first years that were at the front trembling on the floor. He bent down with a smile. "Thank you for coming. Here's a free bubble tea." In response, the first years gawked at Sehun, their tears all dried up and their lips cracked. Out of nowhere, Baekhyun broke out with laughter and Chanyeol had to cover his mouth. I wouldn't blame him though. This was too funny to watch. 

"Omg, I'm dead. Did you see their faces? They were so confused. Sehun, how could you keep that face? I would have laughed right in their faces.", Baekhyun wheezed still laughing even though an hour had past already. "I was keeping it in, you don't even understand!", Sehun replied back, laughing along with Baekhyun. Just then Sujin barged through the doors. "OMG GUYS! Everyone is talking about us! Some took videos in the corridor while it was happening and now it's gone viral!" "SEE! We are going to win, I don't care if people say otherwise! This year, 3G are the winners!", Baekhyun yelped. The whole class cheered.

We were all gathered in the assembly hall, and Mr Bang and several other teachers were standing on the stage. "The festival competition is finally coming to an end. I can't believe a week flew by that quick. But what can I say? We were enjoying yourselves! I want to say that everyone worked hard tonight and each and every one of you deserve a round of applause. However, only one can be a winner.", he grinned and which the students roared like crazy. "I am now going to announce the classroom challenge results. The highest score you can get is 700 points and the lowest is 100 points. I will now read the results from 7th place to 1st place." Everyone drum rolled in anticipation. "In 7th place, with a score of 100 points is class 3A." "In 6th place, with a score of 200 points is class 3C" "In 5th place, with a score of 300 is class 3F" "In 4th place, with a score of 400 points is class 3B" People started to scream in excitement and I found myself joining in too. Our class is in the top 3?! "In 3rd place, with a score of 500 points is- class 3E"  "OMG! We are in the top 2!! OMG!!", Sujin screeched besides me. "In 2nd place, with a score of 600 points is.............................class.............3D! Meaning the winner of the class challenge is class 3G!", Mr Bang yelped, clapping his hands. It took a couple of seconds for our class to think straight before we all jumped out of our seats, hugging and screaming like lunatics. "YAAAAS!! WE DID IT!", Baekhyun screeched, happy than he could ever be. Just as we were having our moments of joy, mr Bang interrupted us, "We still have to announce the overall winner." Immediately everyone hushed down. It was either going to be us or class 3D. It has to be us.  We all gawked at mr Bang as he looked at the card sternly. "Can you guys believe it that there's only a 5 points difference betwwen the 1st and 2nd place?", he annouced causing everyone to shriek. My jaw dropped.                     5 points?! What if we came second?

"The winners of this year are.........3G indeed!"

Sujin grabbed onto me and before we knew it we were screaming in each others' ears. I heard the others cheer as well and soon, we were running out of the hall, with a trophy in our hand.


We celebrated the last year with a party that night. "The bubble tea bar was great! I saw the videos, it freaked me out like hell!", students from the other classes approached us. "And I loved your contact lenses!", one of the girls beamed. "Thanks!", I smiled back. Wow, so this how it feels to be popular. 

A while later, music flooded into the hall and everyone rushed to the spot light. Sujin immediately grabbed onto my hand. "Let's go and dance!" "W-wait!", I shouted after her but it was no use as she had already dragged me to the center of the hall where everyone else was dancing. Sujin started to dance and I felt like a lemon just standing around awkwardly. "I'm a little bit thirsty. I'm going to get a drink.", I stated. "Huh? Okay, see you in a bit."  I stepped out of the crowd and just as I turned around, I bumped into someone. "Sorry-", we both started off but stopped half way. Chanyeol.  I felt my face flush instantly. He stared at me for a good 10 seconds before clearing his throat. When I thought he was going to walk away like usual, he grinned instead. "Your face is red." What? I gaped at him unbelievably as I haven't seen those grins in months. "T-that's because I rubbed my face to hard when I was removing the face p-paint-", I stuttered nonsense. As he opened his mouth to say something, a group of boys pushed past me, and I lunged forward, my hand unintentionally gripping onto Chanyeol's jumper for support. "Ah, so you want to dance now?", he asked, eyeing my hand that was resting on his collar. I immediately removed my hand and glared at him. "What? Is it wrong of me to ask a friend that? Or unless you have something you want to confess?", he teased. However I was too dumfounded to argue with him. Did he just call me his friend? From his own mouth? I wanted to say something but I was always interrupted at important times like this. "Yeol! What are you doing over there? Let's go!", Baekhyun yelled from the other side. "Yeah, I'm coming!" He then faced me. "Laters.". With that he hopped off leaving you in an awe. Did he just say bye to me? I was so confused but then it hit me. Wait a minute! Does he think it's now alright to tease me again since we might not be in the same class next year? Without realising it, I stormed after Chanyeol to give him a piece of my mind. 

"PARK CHANYEOL! Listen here, you might think it's alright to tease me again but just remember what consequences you will face with it! I will kick your damn -" ,but I trailed off as I noticed the entire squad blankly staring at me. "Oh, you were with Jisu?", Baekhyun asked Chanyeol, "Huh? Yeah...", Chanyeol uttered, scratching his head. "You should have told me that! I was looking for her you know.", Baekhyun scowled. He then faced me, "There's fireworks happening at the field. We were planning to go and watch it together.", Baekhyun stated. "Huh? But I thought fireworks were banned in school." "It's the last day, nobody cares.", he laughed. "There you are! I thought I'd lost you!", Sujin yelled from behind, walking towards me with Sungyeol. "Since we are all here, let's go!", Kai demanded and so we did. As we headed to the fields, I kept glancing at Chanyeol, and his expression was different than from 5 minutes go. Instead, his face was furrowed and it bugged me. Why did he act like that before? And why does he look so depressed now? Sometimes I wish I knew what he was thinking.

We were at the fields now, waiting for the fireworks to start. It took ages to start and I sighed, catching the attention of Kai. He slowly waded his way through the crowd and stood next to me. "Is everything okay?" "Huh? Yeah..." Silence tumbled in when he broke it. "I actually saw you with Chanyeol back then. What happened?", he asked me out of the blue. "Huh?! It's nothing!...n-nothing happened.", I muttered, my face heating up. "It's just that I saw Chanyeol being all smiley and now he looks pissed.", Kai stated. "I don't know...", I sighed. Kai let out a heave. "Well let me tell you what I think. I think you misunderstood about Chanyeol teasing you." I raised an eyebrow. "Huh?" "You know, you were screaming at him just a while ago about him teasing you? I think that wasn't his intention. It may sound a little weird because it's Chanyeol but I think he actually tried to get along with you for once. But he just didn't know what to say to you and ended up teasing you as you said. I don't blame him, he is not someone who has a lot of female friends and most girls tend to only talk to him because they want to hit it off with him. I guess that became a habit as he thinks all girls are like that." I gaped at Kai's theory. "I'm being serious. I heard it all from Baekhyun. That's how he treated girls. But I don't know ,lately I think he's trying to change that. I swear, I'm not just saying this to give you hope, but I can see that Chanyeol is trying hard to get along with you and I can't believe that you haven't noticed. You like him after all, don't you?", Kai asked. I never thought that he wanted to get along with me, I always thought that I was a nuisance. But now that Kai mentioned it, there has been some incidents where he was nice to me. "Since you are silent, I assume you understand now, so just try and talk to him.", Kai ordered, pushing me towards the crowd. "What? No!-" It was too late as he had already pushed me onto Chanyeol. Our shoulders bumped together, and Chanyeol just simply stared at me before clearing his throat. I immediately turned my head the other way and noticed Kai giving me the 'i am watching you sign'. I let out a sigh before facing Chanyeol again. I'll say sorry. Actually no, it's not my fault, how would I know whether he was trying to get along with me or he was just teasing me? I should at least say something though...After debating, I decided to speak. "You k-know-" However he interrupted me with a hush. "The fireworks are going to start.".  And he was right as a few seconds later, bright colours exploded in the sky. I gazed up at the sky, and watched the fireworks burst into wonderful colours and patterns. It was truly beautiful. I turned to look at Chanyeol but he was too busy looking at the sky in amazement. A smile crept on my face. He noticed me looking at him, and when I thought he was going to stare at me blankly, for the first time he smiled. Genuinely this time. 

I can now say that I am no longer an annoying accquaintance. 


#I finally updated after months! Firstly I want to apologise to all of you for not updating, I started sixthform and I've been stressed out lately. But I read through the comments again and it really motivated me once again! And guys! Middle school memories are finally over! HURRAY!!! This is a very long update but I hope you like it! Please comment, subscribe and vote!!! I love you guys! <3