Plan.

Another Chance

Chapter 14

Your P.O.V

I got a text from Sujin. 

"Sorry, go on without me. I'll meet you in a bit. Have detention :/ " I sighed while heading over to the student services office. This child always getting me to do her dirty work. I climbed up the stair case to the office and knocked on the door. Within few seconds, a teacher opened it, "Yes, what do you want?" she asked. "Urm, I want to apply as a mentor." "What class are you in?" "Class 3B.". The teacher's face lit up as I mentioned the letter B. I assumed I was the first to apply. "Come in student, and what is your name?". "Han Jisu" I said while walking into the room, which had such a strong smell of coffee. The teacher gestured me to take a seat so I did. She took some files and then sat opposite me. "I am thankful you signed in, we didn't have any offers from the top classes. And sorry but, may I ask why you signed up?"

Oh crap...what do I say now? "Urm well, because I am new...I thought this may be good on my report and also I would be able to interact with other students...so-" She smiled at me , completely satisified. "That's good then. We had two students applying for mentoring, I'll pick who you should mentor." Two? What happens if I don't get Baekhyun? I was only doing this for Sujin! I don't want to tutor some random jerk! The teacher got up and walked over to her desk reaching out two files. I bite my lips, hoping that Baekhyun gets chosen. "Baekhyun, baekhyun, baekhyun." I chanted in my head while the teacher sat back down again with the two files. She started to think intensely about what file to give me. I could see the faint lines of writing through the paper. I tried figuring out which one was Baekhyun's. And I found it! It was the one she was holding onto. Yes God.. this was going as planned.. now give it to me! She had a concerned look on her face before swapping the files around again.

NO DON'T DO THAT! I NEED BAEKHYUN'S! She was about to hand the other file, when I snatched Baekhyun's file off her. "Thanks, I'll take this..haha" I stattered. The teacher raised her eyebrows, "Okay? Snatching..really?Are you in a rush?"  "No, Sorry..I just couldn't wait to start mentoring...and I was getting a little impatient and excited...sorry." I bowed at her constantly before she accepted my apology. "Wow. We never had a student who is so keen to help others." she patted my shoulder while smiling. I nodded, beaming my fake smile at her. Jang Sujin..look what you made me do...Argh. The teacher carried on talking, "So, in the file you have the student's profile, and what they are good at and what they need help with. It will be easier for you to mentor them knowing their strengths and difficulties." I nodded constantly to make it seem as if I was interested. "Ah okay, how long do I have to mentor them for?" I asked. "Well until the midterm test, but because you are so keen, I can extend the time." WHAT? IS SHE CRAZY? "Oh..it's okay." I let out a dead chuckle. "Oh okay then, good luck with Baekhyun." she said with a smirk. "Huh? Oh thanks..." I got up and put the file in my bag when she said, "Oh wait, Baekhyun will be coming to the office soon. You could introduce yourself to him, if you want." Huh? No. Way. I'll just wait for Sujin to come back. No way I was going to face him alone. "No..I need to go, sorry." I stuttered once again. "Aww, it is okay. The next meeting is tommorow morning before registration. You will meet Baekhyun then." "Oh...okay, I'll be there. " "Thank you Jisu" she said while leading me out of her office.

Once I was out of the office I let out a long groan. That was such a painful experience. Well at least I got Baekhyun. Now..where did that pig go? Detention should have been finished by now. 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

This is stressful, I thought. Because of this mentor situation, I had to waste my precious time on catching up with noona, only to hunt for a mentor. I sighed when I saw Baekhyun walking towards me. "Oh. You're here? Let's go to the office then." he said. I sighed once again. We've been looking for a mentor for 2 days now. No one applied. Well apart from the girls from the bottom set. Are they really stupid? It even says, "Spaces only available to those from Class B and above." Really...I didn't think our girls were this stupid. If I get a guy mentor I will be more comfortable, but if it's a girl, then please at least look approachable.  We arrived at the office and Baekhyun knocked. Mrs Kim opened the door, "Ah boys, come in." We strolled through and sat ourselves in the chairs. "I've got good news and bad news." Mrs Kim said. I stared at Baekhyun and back at her. "There was this female student who wanted to apply for mentoring. She seems new though. The good news is that Baekhyun, she's your mentor." She paused for a slight second, then carried on, "And the bad news is that Chanyeol you don't have one at the moment...Sorry." I saw a smile creeping onto Baekhyun's face but as soon as he saw me glaring at him, it faded, " Mrs Kim, can't we both share the mentor?..since it's hard to find one?" Baekhyun asked, trying to be considerate. " What? No. Sorry. She's only a person. She wouldn't have time to tutor the two of you, and plus it's the school rules." She stated. Baekhyun and I exchanged looks. "And boys, If I ever catch you or hear news about you two sharing a mentor, you will be in serious trouble. We will just wait until another one applies. Well now then, you two may leave." she said while heading back to her desk. I snorted at her, open eyed. Was she for real? Baekhyun and I both headed out, when she stopped us. "Oh wait, Baekhyun come over for a moment, and Chanyeol you may leave." 

So I was waiting for Baekhyun to finish his lovely talk with Mrs Kim. He finally made his appearance. "Ah, you are still waiting for me." he stated shutting the door behind him. "Duh, of course!" . We walked halfway down the corridor when I asked with curiosity, "So...What did she say?" Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, "Excuse me? It's private." I glared at him. "Argh, fine. I'll have to meet my mentor tommorow morning." he retorted. " Oh really, that's good then. I'll come early to school." "Why?"  "What do you mean why? She's our mentor after all." I smirked. "WHAT?!" Baekhyun exploded. My smirk turned into a glare. I twisted his hand around his back while yelling, "YAH! Do you think I was going to let you get good grades while watching my dad burn my credit card in front of me?" "AHH, IT HURTS!!" he screeched. I shoved him out of my grip. He let out a sigh while rubbing his wrist , "Fine, but how? We will get caught. You definitely can't be in the office tomorrow, mrs Kim will be there." I let out a long blow, "I'll think of something."