The brainless Chanyeol

Another Chance

Chapter 10

Chanyeol's P.O.V

" The tickets are 11,000 won. Sorry." The lady at the counter announced. "But I swear it's 9000 won.." I trailed off. "This movie has a pretty high rating so it's 11,000 won." she repeated once more. I searched for extra money in my wallet, but there was nothing apart from my credit card, that had no money on it. Oh wait..If I told her I was the future heir of the Mirae Company she might let me off. "Excuse me, I am the son of the Mirae Company's Director, just so that you know." I boasted. The lady let out a long cackle, "We don't play these sorts of games here sir. And wouldn't the future heir of a company have lots of money? You couldn't even pay 11,000 won." "But I am! I am the son of Park Dong-il!" I yelled. "If you play these sort of games again, I will call the security." "But I am!" She shook her head and went to fetch the guards. "Wait till I go and tell my father about this. I will sue you!" With that I stormed off. How could she not see the resemblance even after I told her I was Park Dong-ill's son? I appeared in newspapers and on the TV quite a lot .

This wasn't happening...Oh god..I told noona to wait at the cinemas as well. And If she found out that I didn't get the tickets, she was never going to like me. What do I do? Just then my phone rang . My hands trembling, I took my phone out of my pocket. It was noona..just as I feared. "Chanyeol ah, where are you?" she asked. "Noona, the tickets.." I muffled. "What? I can't hear you.." "I can't get the tickets..I need an extra 2,000 won.." There was a long awkward silence when she broke it, "Chanyeol, come to cinema now."  "But..the tickets?.."     "Just come!" and with that she hang the phone. Crap.. she's annoyed. 

I arrived at the cinema in two minutes. Because I ran with all my strength. I was huffing and puffing and completely worn out on the floor, when someone shoved a ticket right in my face. "What the.." I muttered while looking up to find noona. I immediately shot right up. "Noona, where did you get the tickets?!" "I bought them." I started choking. "Chanyeol, are you okay?!" She said patting my back. "I think so.." I trailed off. 

So here we were, watching the movie "I" was supposed to pay for. It was a man's job to pay for the tickets...but she paid instead. I brought a disgrace to the male race. Noona saw me looking disatisfied. "Wae?? You don't like the movie?" she asked me. Omg I was supposed to ask her those sort of questions. Why was she treating me like a kid? She was only 2 years older than me. "Noona, sorry. I made you pay. I will take you to an expensive restaurant another time." She sighed, "Chanyeol, do you think the world revolves around money?" I was a bit confused about what she was trying to say. "What do you mean?" "Like, do you think money makes everything better.." "Huh?.." "Nevermind." She said. 

So the film finished and I walked her home. Her money question kept bugging me. Was she broke? Was her dad's business falling apart? Maybe she needed money. "Noona, is your dad's business alright?" I asked out of the blue. "Huh?! Yes, he's going to America because he got promoted. Why are you asking?"    "Because ..Well, when you asked me if money was everything, I thought maybe you needed some. I don't mind. I can give you as much as you need noona. I will always be here for you." I thought that if I said this, she would feel better but instantly she started to yell. "Chanyeol, what do you take me for?! You can't make someone happy with money." "Noona, I don't understand...I only asked because I thought your business is not going well-" "The business is going on well. It's none of your concern and it's not just that, even before-nevermind." With that she walked to the gates of her house. She glared at me and walked in, shutting the gates behind. What was all that about? 

I arrived home, not in the mood to proceed with life, only to hear my dad screeching at me. "How comes you only have 500 won in your bank account?!" Ah, so I do have some money left on my credit card. He carried on screeching," What happened to the remaining 2 million won?!" My mum told him to calm down, "Yeobo, please calm down, it's not as if he did it on purpose." "2 million won?! He spent it within 2 weeks! This is why I told you to take away his credit card." Then my dad turned around to face me. He reached his hand out as if he wanted something. My precious credit card. I snorted while placing it on his hand. "Good boy. I will give this to you after your midterm tests...if you get more than 60%" He did not just say that..."What?! Appa, I can't even get over 30%. How can I get over 60%?" I moaned. "Well then, you study for it." "Appa...Omma, tell him to not do this please! I am your only son, the future heir of Mirae Company...Omma please tell him?!" My mum shook her head, "Sorry dear but your dad does have a point-" "BUT-" I yelled when my dad interrupted me, "Chanyeol, you may be our only son, but we also have a daughter. She might be the future heir, who knows." My dad said teasingly. My sister , Yoora would actually be a better heir than me. She was smart which was an important role of a future successor. But a grin crept up on my face. "Haraboji wouldn't agree with that would he? He will kill you if Yoora took over the company. Traditions are very important appa. The sons become the heir, not the daughters." I playfully hit my dad on the stomach but as soon as I went to my room, I let out a horrific scream, scared for my life if the possibility of my sister becoming the heir would actually become the truth.

Eunsung's(chanyeol's noona) P.O.V 

That idiot doesn't understand my feelings at all. I don't care about money. I don't even want to go to an expensive restaurant. I don't want to be the type to eat off someone's money. Chanyeol, all I was asking from you was a simple 'date'. Like going to the karaoke, or to the beach, or cook food, something that will be memorable. Not stupid money! And then you ask me if I want more money because I was little down?! How brainless can you get?! I was only upset because you only cared about impressing me with your money. Sometimes I wonder if you actually like me or not. Chanyeol, I don't want your money, I want your heart. I will only accept you once you learn how to love me properly. 


#Yeahh, Chanyeol seems like a spoilt brat, only caring about money. But remember guys, he's an immature 15 year old with no brain. Later on, when he's in highschool he does change, so it's all good :).