Hidden Sorrow-part 1

Another Chance

Chapter 5

Sungyeol's P.O.V

" I told you to wait for 5 minutes didn't I?" she blanked me and walked out of the classroom. This child seriously had no manners. "Shouldn't you say thank you?" I called out from behind. "Why, for getting me an extra maths lesson?" she muttered.  Is she blaming me? She would have still been late. When I was about to yell back someone tugged my sleeve. I turned around and my eyes grew wider. It was Yiseul. I regretted turning around and I tried to walk away but her grip became tighter. "Sungyeol, I like you." I tried pulling away from her but it was no use. "No matter what you do, I will still like you. Why are you avoiding me?! It's been like this since last year." She paused for a light second, maybe because she knew why I was treating her this way. She looked into my eyes, "If you hate me that much, why did you come to my school? Why did you come when I was so close to forgetting you?!" My anger started to rise. Was she acting like she didn't know? She was the reason why everything fell apart! Because of this . I calmed myself a little before I thought of any ideas to hurt her. Instead I removed her hands from my sleeve, "I didn't come to this school for you." I walked past Yiseul but she blocked me. I took another deep breath to calm myself before I was actually going to slap her. "Don't lie Sungyeol!" "I'm not lying! Leave me alone!" I yelled. I pushed past her and saw the transfer student staring at me. I walked towards her direction and I could see her gulping nervously with a confused look on her face. I made eye contact with her for a couple of seconds before brushing past her too.

Just when I was recovering from everything that happened, Yi seul had to appear in front of me. I stormed outside to the field and walked over to shaded corner and sat down. Bunking on my first day...I sighed. I searched through my blazer pocket and took out the photo. It was a photo of me, hyung and ..Yiseul. It was taken on the day when hyung died. All of us in the picture, we didn't look happy like we were supposed to. My face was hard, and Yiseul and hyung had fake smiles on their guilty faces. Of course they would be guilty after what they did to me. I felt more guilty though. My brother's death, I felt as if it was all my fault. Yiseul was definitely hiding something. I will find out for sure. I grasped the photo tightly remembering the past.

14/07/06 Summer Holiday

"Don't tell Sungyeol, he will be hurt." hyung muttered. I leaned in closer to get a clearer conversation. "Sungjae oppa..." Yiseul stuttered in tears. I peered through the door and saw hyung comforting Yiseul. What was he doing?! I stared at his hand that was smoothing Yiseul's hair. I found myself breathing harder. I tried not to have doubts. Yiseul was only 14, and hyung was 17. He wouldn't do such thing. He knew about me and Yiseul dating. But they had been strange lately. Yiseul doesn't talk to me a lot either. By chance, is she cheating on me? With hyung?! I started to breathe faster. They can't do this to me! I didn't realise myself crashing through the door. "What are you guys doing?!" "Sungyeol!" She gasped bolting up from the chair. Hyung was sitting down looking away, avoiding my eyes. "I asked, what are you doing?!" I exploded. "Hyung?! How could you?" I charged at him and ed him onto the floor. "Sungyeol-NO! Don't!" Yiseul wailed pulling me away. I slowly released my hands from his collar. "Sungyeol...It was all a misunderstanding-" but before she could finish, hyung looked at her and shook his head. Yiseul slowly stopped talking. " What!! Tell me!! What are you two hiding?! Yiseul! Tell me!1" I screeched. 

"Hyung, how could you do this to me?! With Yiseul?! Don't you even care that I like her?! Why are you so careless?! Ahh..I know.. now why appa left us..I heard amma crying the other day, it was you wasn't it? Because of  you appa left us and now you're taking Yiseul too?!" Just then he slapped me. I was shocked at first because hyung never hit me. "Hyung..." I trailed off. "Hyung? What hyung? Yes you're right about everything. Appa left because of me!" Yiseul grabbed hyung's arm, "Oppa! Stop! That's enough!   "Get of me! You, Sungyeol..you are right about everything. Now Yiseul is going to leave you too. What do you know about love? You are still too young to understand anything." With that hyung got up and left the room, slamming the door behind.

It was only Yiseul and me in the room now. She slowly brought her hand to touch my face but I jerked away. "Sungyeol..it's a misunderstanding," "What is? If it is then tell me?!"  "I can't.." she cried. "Then don't bother, just go to Sungjae instead..remember, I am too young to know what love is. We never loved each other, it was all a misunderstanding."


To be continued....

Yep, Yiseul is Sungyeol's ex! It's a little bit confusing, but this is sungyeol's past. His brother died and he thinks it's because of him. He also thinks that Yiseul was cheating on him with his brother. But that is not the truth...hehe. Continue reading to find out..^^