A new start for everyone.

Another Chance

Chapter 44

Your P.O.V

"What do you mean? This could affect my daughter's future!", my Dad yelled at Miss Kang. I sighed. After my family was informed about the news of me moving down to class 3G, he dragged himself to school the next day. "Sorry sir. There's nothing I can do.", she bowed. "What?! Let me talk to the head teacher!", my dad bellowed but I interrupted him. "Appa! It's okay! I don't really mind-" "You little rascal! What kind of things are you getting caught up in! Look at what I have to do for you!", he screeched and then diverted his gaze back to Miss Kang. " I want a full report on this. When you do find the actual cheater, I want my daughter to move back to 3B, do you understand?", he coldly stated. "B-but sir, please try to understand. We are trying to close this case as quickly as possible. P-plus her results won't get affected as she will still do well despite what class she's in. I had no choice but to move her as students were complaining. She's not the only one. There are few other students as well. ", she stuttered. My dad let out a long sigh, "Fine. She will be out of this school in a few months time anyway." "Yes, you are right! She will be going to high school next year.", Miss Kang smiled, finally relieved that my dad gave in. "Sorry.", I bowed as I walked out of the office. 

"Really appa, was that really neccessary?!", I yelled outside the office. "You rascal...you are yelling at me after causing me so much trouble?!", he bellowed. I gritted my teeth and then pushed him out of my way, "Appa. Just leave." He snorted and then shook his head, "Look how you are treating your old man." "Appa!!  GO!", I pouted. "Fine! Seriously...this kid.", he muttered as he walked away from me. I sighed but then smiled. Thank god he wasn't angry. 

I headed back to the office as I had no where to go at the moment. The teachers were still arranging things so I had to wait for about 2 weeks before I move to class 3G. I was so nervous. I haven't told Sujin yet as the teachers said not to tell anyone incase of any changes. I don't want to get Sujin's hopes up. 

I walked into the office and sat down on a nearby chair. "By the way Jisu, you don't have to come into school for about 2 weeks you know.", Miss Kang announced. "What? Why? Ah! Is it because you guys are still arranging things for me to be able to move to class 3G right?", I asked. "Well, technically yeah but I should call it an exclusion. Don't worry much about it. Just think of it as a new start." Exclusion...so I am being punished again for no reason? I sighed, "Does Sungyeol know?" "Yes. The school informed all the students involved in the case, this morning." Oh...if my dad goes home and checks his email, I'm dead. He's going to skin me alive if he finds out that I am going excluded as well! 

"Ah...then, I can go home...now?", I asked in an awe. "Yes, unless you want to stay here and help me arrange these files." Urm...no.

So I left and ambled down the stairs. I should have just left with my dad then, I thought. Once I was out of the school building, I decided to call Sungyeol. "Yeah?", he answered the call wearily. "Oh...Are you asleep or something?" "Uh? No, I'm not.", he now stated with an alerted tone. "Yeah, sure. Well, I was thinking we should meet up because we are both excluded and there's nothing to do.", I suggested in which he responded with an "Oh." " Fine! We don't have to-" "No, it's not that! It's just...I have to go and see my mum today at the hospital.", he muttered through the phone. "Ah...Then, don't worry about it-" " Do you want to come with me?", he suddenly asked out of the blue. "Huh? But...your mum-" "She wouldn't mind. You know she's not feeling well right? She's feeling even more depressed seeing that I don't get along well with others. If you come, then I can prove her wrong right? This way, she would be assured that I am alright and that I have friends.", Sungyeol jokingly chuckled. "Are you sure though?" I feel like I am interfering with their mother and son time. I feel even more pressured as I know vaguely about Sungyeol's tragic past. 

"Yah, just come! My mum will be relieved at least." "Then...I'll come, I guess."

That was the first day I got to know his life in more detail. It was painful but that's how life had decided to play with Sungyeol.

We both got off at the last bus stop and I followed him into a shaded alley way. "Why does this look scary?", I muttered. Sungyeol simply chuckled but didn't say anything. We trenched along a rocky path and then my eye caught a sign. The sign was white and in big black letters it read, " Pyeonghwa Psychiatric institution." I diverted my gaze to Sungyeol with a nervous frown, but he carried on walking. I followed him inside without uttering a word. 

The place was quite dark inside and it was empty. Only the faint sound of footsteps could be heard. Sungyeol went over the counter while I waited. I somewhat regret coming here...I don't feel very well right now. Sungyeol came back with a key in his hand. "Let's go.", he stated with a small smile. I nodded and followed him up some stairs. We made our way to the third floor and turned to a long corridor with many doors. Just then, I heard a loud shriek and a second later, a guy ran out of the room on the far end with nurses chasing after him. The nurses managed to get a grip onto him and he screamed. "Get of me!" Just then his eyes made his way to us and he stopped moving. I gulped and slowly clutched onto Sungyeol's arm, purely because I was frightened to death as I have never been to a mental institution before and the stories I hear about them were not very warming either. However the guy yelped in excitement, "Sungyeol! Sungyeol is here!", he gleamed, running towards us. Sungyeol chuckled, "Yah, Bongsoo! Shouldn't you be sleeping?" "It's boring in there! I want to go outside! Hyung, let's play outside!", he wailed, pulling Sungyeol's sleeves. Hyung?! Sungyeol noticed me gaping at him and laughed, "What?" "N-nothing...", I muttered but Sungyeol knew everything. "Stop trying to hide things from me. You are very bad at lying." Then he diverted his gaze to Bongsoo, "Bongsoo, this is Jisu, and Jisu, this is Bongsoo, who's 2 years younger than us."  What?! "Oh...I see.", I awkwardly chuckled while eyeing Bongsoo. He was very tall, taller than Chanyeol in fact. His shoulders were also broad and his voice was very deep. I couldn't see his face properly as his long hair covered most of his features. He really looked like he was in his 30s. I jumped out of my thoughts as I felt I was being a little rude. "H-hello Bongsoo.", I greeted him as he was staring at me weirdly this whole time. I thought he was going to hit me or yank my hair as his hands approached my head, but instead he patted it and smiled, "Noona is very pretty. Prettier than my omma." "I a-am not  that pretty, but thanks." "Sungyeol! Hyung! Is she your girlfriend? Are you going to marry her?!", he cackled, jabbing his finger into Sungyeol's arm. " Nope, she's my friend. I only like dating pretty girls.", Sungyeol grinned receiving a glare from me. "No! Noona is very pretty!", Bongsoo defended me. "Aww, thank you Bongsoo! But I don't date jerks like him."  Bongsoo in response beamed a smile, and took my hand and Sungyeol's and pulled us with him. Just then one of the nurses yelled over, "Bongsoo! You are not going outside! Plus they came to visit someone. You must understand that okay?" "Uh...", Bongsoo pouted. "You can come to see my omma like last time.", Sungyeol suggested. "Can I?! YAY!", Bongsoo beamed as he let go of our hands and ran back down the corridor into a different room. The nurses immediately rushed after him.

"I guess I didn't need the key. The door's open.", Sungyeol muttered with a sigh as he watched Bongsoo. "Is that your mum's room?", I asked. "Yeah..."  "Oh...then, you are friends with Bongsoo right?" "Yeah, his room is next to my mum's so when I paid a visit, he was always there." I was curious once again. "Then do you know what happened to Bongsoo?" "Huh? Well yeah....His parents both committed suicide and then he wanted to kill himself so he's here. But I guess he's recovering. It used to be a lot worse.", Sungyeol stated. I nodded but couldn't say anything back. Why do these things happen to people?

We both walked into the room and Bongsoo was kneeling beside a bed, where a woman was sleeping. "Omma...", Sungyeol made out gently, while approaching her. His mum immediately bolted from the bed and gawked at Sungyeol. "Sungyeol-ah! Sungyeol! Come here!", she yelped, pulling Sungyeol ino a hug. "I missed you.....I missed you....", she suddenly broke into tears. "Omma...I am here now. Don't cry...." She clutched his face in her hands and smiled. She then noticed me gazing at them and her smile faded. "Oh! Omma, she's my friend from school, Jisu, come here.", Sungyeol called over. I awkwardly made my way to the bed and the mother smiled. She patted her bed and told me to sit down. "T-thank you.", I uttered while sitting down. "See omma! I have friends, don't worry about me!", Sungyeol yelped in which his mum wearily smiled. "...I am just glad that...you are alright.", she said to Sungyeol while she patted my hand. "Dear, is my Sungyeol doing alright in school?", she asked me with a worrying tone. "Yes...he's doing great." I guess I should not mention that we both had moved down to class 3G.  Sungyeol's mum nodded her head and then sighed. "Just look out for him....I am not the best mother in the world....What kind of mother sits here, while her son suffers? I hate myself.", the mother sniffed. "I'm fine omma. Stop blaming yourself. I am doing well these days, just don't worry about me.", Sungyeol sternly stated. "I am so sorry Sungyeol-ah.....", she wailed, as she clutched my hand tighter. "Please look after my son while I am not around...I am so hopeless.", she muffled. "D-don't worry...I will.", I assured her. "I am so sorry....", she apologised once again, her wails getting louder, and her grip around my hand get tighter.

Sungyeol noticed me getting uncomfortable. "Omma...", he slowly made out as he peeled of his mother’s fingers from my hand. She now clutched onto Sungyeol and wept on his shoulders, “I am so sorry…for being useless.” I watched them both and the pain was unbearable. Even though I did not know the full story of Sungyeol’s past, I could sense his pain and it was hard to watch. “Sungyeol…I’ll just wait outside.”, I sniffed, on the verge of tears but instead he laughed, “Don’t tell me you’re crying?! Yah…What is this?!” “Shut up! I am a very emotional person okay?!” This jerk...I know he's in so much pain right now but he doesn't show it at all. Idiot.

"Fine. Just wait for me outside. I'll be out soon." "Yeah...", I mumbled whilst bowing to his mum and then I walked out of the room. I sighed and plonked myself on a bench when Bongsoo came out and sat beside me. The nurse followed him out and watched us carefully. “Stupid nurse! She’s always watching me like I’m a little kid!” he hissed a whisper, then asserted his gaze to me. “Noona, do you want to play with me?” “Huh? Uh…yeah okay, but what do you want to play?” “That flick game! Where you flick people! Like this!”, he yelped, flicking my forehead. I bit my lip in pain, “Yah! That hurt!” "Noona, I want to play it!" "Okay! Fine, do you mean rock paper scissors?", I chuckled. "Yeah! That's the one! Let's play!", he beamed, twitching his huge body from side to side in excitement. "Sure!", I giggled at his cute reaction.

"That hurts!", I bellowed as I received a painful flick on my forehead for the millionth time. Bongsoo cackled maliciously, "Let's play more!" "Fine....", I scowled.

"WHAT?!", he screeched as he put out a scissor and I put out a rock. "YASS!!!", I squealed as I had finally won. He muttered under his breath before bringing his head closer to me. "Here.", he scowled, patting the top of his head. "Tut tut tut. No Bongsoo. You have to let me flick your forehead. It's fair that way. Also push back you hair. It's not fair that you get to hit me on my bare skin and I only get to flick your hair. It won't hurt." "No!", he whined. "Bongsoo! That's not fair!", I pouted as I brought my hands near to his hair. He suddenly let out a high pitched shriek and slapped my hands away. "B-bongsoo-" "Don't touch my face!", he screeched, yanking my hair. The nurse rushed to us with a panicked expression and pulled Bongsoo away from me. "Bongsoo...Let's go back to your room. You need to rest.", she gently stated and then she turned to look at me. "Sorry.", she mumbled, out of breath. "It's o-okay...", I uttered, still trying to process what just happened right now.

Just then Sungyeol came out of the room and stumbled as he noticed the puzzled atmosphere lingering around us. "What happened?", he gawked, his eyes wandering off to Bongsoo and back at me. I immediately bolted from my awkward position and awkwardly chuckled, "N-nothing..." He shook his head and walked over to Bongsoo who was now clutching onto the nurse, his face buried behind her. "Yah Bongsoo, what did this stupid noona do to you?", Sungyeol asked him, flicking Bongsoo's hair. Bongsoo didn't respond so Sungyeol sighed, "I'm going to go you know? Be happy at least." In response, Bongsoo sniffed. I bit my lip. Why am I always so thoughtless when it comes to common sense? I should have know that Bongsoo is self conscious. I went over to Bongsoo and ruffled his hair, "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to do that." He tapped my hand away and groaned.  "Bongsoo...I'm sorry.  I promise I won't do it again." However he didn't accept my apologies and so Sungyeol suggested that we should leave.


"Why are you so stupid?", Sungyeol glowered at me as we made our way to the balcony. Sungyeol flung himself over the balcony railing and sighed. "I didn't know he was going to react that way.", I muttered. "Use your brain then. He has long hair for a reason. Plus you shouldn't have made physical contact with him in the first place. You know he's not mentally well. He might have reacted worse and if the nurse wasn't there..." He sighed loudly, "Just be careful next time..." I nodded my head to embarrassed to speak.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, he pulled me closer to him. "Stop being all whiny and feel the wind my friend. It feels nice.", he beamed as he bent over the balcony railing and let out a woop. I decided to join him because it had been a long day. 

"Whoa...It feels nice! The view is pretty too!", I squealed as I felt the cold wind hit against my face and the pretty skyscraper of Seoul painted in front of me. "I know...it's really pretty...", he repeated after me in a daze. I gazed at him with a smile. Even though so many things had happened to him, he's always smiling...even now. I wonder what actually happened to him, his family, his brother and that girl. Sungyeol caught me staring at him and flicked my forehead. "OUCH! YAH! That's the exact spot where Bongsoo flicked me!", I winced in pain, rubbing my forehead vigorously. Seriously, what did I do to receive this? Sungyeol snorted, "Do you find me attractive or something? You are always gazing at me. Make it less obvious next time-" "You? Attractive?! PUAHAHAHAHAHA! please. Don't joke around like that.", I sarcastically roared in laughter. He scowled but then smirked, "Ah right. I forgot. You only find guys like Chanyeol attractive right?" "WHAT?!", I howled at the sudden question. " Seriously, what do you see in him? His hair first of all...why is it curly and blonde? Does he not know that he looks like a poodle? Does he not know that he's a Korean person? The first thing I'll make him do is dye his hair black-" "Are you stupid or what?! I don't see anything in that guy okay?!", I yelled in an outrage. Does everyone know that I like Chanyeol now? What is this unfairness?!  

Sungyeol grinned, "Yes, I believe you!" This guy is going to die.... I punched him awfully hard on the back in which he yelped, "Are your fists made of iron?! Seriously...you are not human!" "Serves you right.", I pulled a face at him, watching him clutching his back in agony. 

"Then what did you want to ask?", Sungyeol suddenly changed the topic. "Huh?", I responded in a confused manner. "Well, you were looking at me with a weird expression. I thought you were going to ask my something..." Oh...he reads staright through me. "Ah...it's nothing...", I lied too scared to ask him about his past. He shook his head. " You are terrible at lying. Just ask me." WHAT?! How does he know?! But I still don't want to ask though... He let out a sigh.

"Jisu..." "Mhm...", I muffled. "I was just like everyone else. Living a normal, happy life with my family..." "Huh?", I bolted at Sungyeol's sudden statement. He blanked me and carried on, " But that soon ended when my dad decided to leave us...I still don't understand why he left...But, I often heard my mum and dad argue in the night about my brother. Then shortly after that, my brother passed away and my mum went into severe depression. I still don't know the reason to his death...Yiseul knows, I know for sure. That's why I transferred to this school. I need to know what happened to him." "Yiseul? Is s-she your ex girlfriend?", I questioned him, scared he was going to react badly. However he sighed, "Yeah, the girl- school field- The one you helped remember?", he awkwardly stuttered with a tone of hatred. I remembered that incident and winced. "I didn't mean to help her. She made me okay?", I glowered. "Yeah whatever..."

The wind grew louder inbetween our silent pauses. Sungyeol sighed immensely. " I just hope that....I find out what happened to my brother and I hope that...my mum will be alright. That's all I really want right now....I wish I could see my dad again but I guess that's not possible right? But at the same time, I am so angry with him.  He just left without no explanation....I really thought I meant something to him as well...But I guess this is my life.", Sungyeol bitterly chuckled. "D-don't think like that...good things will happen to you, I am sure of it.", I assured him but he sniffed, " I just don't understand. Why does this have to happen to me? What did I do to do derserve this?" "Sungyeol...", I uttered in awe as his eyes were watery and his lips trembled. He immediately wiped his tears and laughed, "I am so-urgh....I just want things to get better. I mean, I feel so much happier these days...I feel like I have more to my life now... I wanted to thank you for some time now...so, yeah...Thanks Jisu. You helped me quite a lot." My eyes sparkled at Sungyeol's confession. "What? Not really...haha.", I let out a baffled laugh, surprised. "You have! Without you, I would have lived a depressing life. I mean, where would I go and find a nutrition coordinator like you? And even though I find Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Sujin pathetic and utterly stupid, I at least have a group of people I can laugh at and enjoy all the drama they create. Without you, I wouldn't have met them. Urgh, God! I sound so cheesy right now!", he howled as he hid his face in his arms.

I have no words to describe what I am feeling right now. I am so shocked as I didn't expect Sungyeol to spill everything out all at once...I didn't think he was going to open up to me very easily but I am glad he did.

I grinned as I patted his back, "There there. Don't cry my friend." His eyes immediately shot at me, "I didn't cry okay? The only tears that ever come out of me is the tears of anger. Understand?" "That's still crying!" "Then what about you?! You cried in the hospital! That was so funny!", he cackled in my face and then pinched my cheeks out of nowhere. " I am very touched that you cry for a great friend like me.", he smirked. I slapped his hand away but then smiled, "I just hope everything will be alright from now on." "Yeah, let's find happiness in class 3G.", he sarcastically snorted, resulting me to laugh. "But I wonder if them lot know that we are moving to their class.", Sungyeol smirked. "I doubt they do.", I grinned. " Their reactions...it's going to be priceless!", Sungyeol roared in laughter.

It's going to be funny at first and then Chanyeol will probably murder me. I wonder what's going to happen to me in the remaining months of middle school...Will Chanyeol like me? Is there ever going to be an improvement in our relationship just like Sujin said? Now that I was going to be in his class, is he going to hate me even more?

I'll just have to wait and see....after all, I have been given another chance to get to know him. It could have just ended with mentoring but no, I am now in his class. I have no choice but to believe that this is fate. I have been given another chance...that's all there is to say.


Chanyeol's P.O.V

2 weeks flew by and I was back at school. Everything happened so fast. Getting caught in a cheating scandal, nearly getting expelled but then goodness had saved me and only gave me an exclusion for 2 weeks. I should be happy right? I flung myself onto the table, tired with life. "Man, I wish the exclusion was for a month. I could have slept for longer.", I muffled causing Baekhyun to snort, "Ah. So you are sad about not having a longer exclusion? Do you even make sense? Be happy because this won't go on our report. Imagine a big fat 'Your son had been excluded for a month' was written on the report card? Might has well say bye to my house and say hi to my grandparents." "What's the point? My credit card has been destroyed..., might as well die.", I moaned. "What?! How?! What happened?", Baekhyun exploded. "What do you mean what happened?! This cheating scandal was what happened! Because of this, my dad doesn't believe me, so he go rid of my credit card! I really don't care anymore. I'm just going to stay at home and not bother coming to this hell." "You are in this so called hell right now.", Kris butted in with a smirk. "Shut up Kris. I was forced to come here. I am not coming to this damn school starting from tomorrow.", I bellowed. "Like your dad is going to let you.", Kris shattered my dreams. "Man...sometimes I wish I'm not rich and a fricking son of a bloody chaebol. Why do we have to get controlled around like this?", I howled. "Chanyeol, are you alright? I swear a few weeks ago you loved being rich.", Kris teased me. "I do love being rich but I am starting to realise my parents have everything sorted out for me. Am I stupid to not do these things for myself?" "Yah, look at you! You're such a lazy bum! Be happy your parents do these things for you. We rich people have everything. We don't need to stress over ." "True, but I feel even more stupid. My dad's being a ." "Rich dads are generally anyways. We rich boys just have to live with it. Man, did I tell you guys? My dad forced me to go on a date with some Chinese chaebol's daughter....she literally looked like Sadako from the Ring. I had never been scared in my life. My dad's forcing me to go on more dates with her. My life...", Kris sighed. "We all have similiar problems, Kris.", Baekhyun stated like it was a normal thing.

I sighed louder, " True but I'm glad I have noona. She's the only good thing that ever came out of my dad's plans." "Dude, you still don't get it, do you? You guys are just together for business. If your dad finds someone better, you know what will happen.", Baekhyun glowered. "Yeah, but we both like each other. That's all that matters.", I snapped. "Are you still following Eunsung around?", Kris snorted. "Following? It's called showing affection my friend. You guys are just jealous that my arranged love life has worked and yours hasn't. Kris, why don't we talk about your Sadako here? She must be a Japanese beauty if she resembles her.", I smirked. "First of all, she's Chinese. Second, she's no beauty. And Lastly, she's not mine.", Kris coldly stated. " Guys, let's just shut up about this now. People are coming.", Baekhyun hissed as students started to walk into the classroom. I sighed and placed my head on the desk. My life is just getting worse. 

It was registration now and we all lazily sat ourselves down, waiting for Mrs Choi, who was surprisingly late. "I wonder what happened to Jisu and Sungyeol, I haven't seen them since.", Bakehyun suddenly stated out of the blue. "Who cares. If they get expelled, then we should celebrate." "Chanyeol, are you sure you want that?", Baekhyun smirked and the rest of the group laughed. "Do you want to die-", I made out but got interrupted by Mrs Choi, "SILENCE! Why is it always a mayhem in here?! Are you all animals?! Wonder why your form tutor left you all! Now I have to suffer with you hooligans instead!", she roared. I sighed and gritted my teeth, "No one asked you to come. We are fine being teacherless. We only need them for our subjects.", I stated receiving a glare from her. "I have no time to be arguing with you Park Chanyeol. Let me just get to my business.", she scowled, walking up to the desk. "Okay, I have important news to tell you.", she stated staring at the door and then back at us. "2 students will be joining your class from now on. You may have heard about it, you may have not. I don't have time to be explaining all the useless details but here they are-", She took a quick moment to look over to the door and then, she pointed her finger, "You two! Come in now!" My eyes hoovered over to the door as I saw two familiar figures trenching into the class room. My jaw dropped. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Baekhyun immediately started to shake my arm with a squeal but my reaction juxtaposed his. My mind went blank.

You two, introduce yourselves.", Mrs Choi ordered. 

The two students exchanged glances nervously. "I am Han Jisu." "And I am Lee Sungyeol, please take care of us.", they both bowed down together. 

Am I seeing things right?!


#I know this is a crap update but l am planning to finish the middle school flashbacks by chapter 50. I was supposed to finish it by chapter 48, but ending it on 48 feels weird. So I was like why not finish it on 50? So yeah...that's the main reason for the drag. Thanks for reading this anyways! New readers, please comment, subscribe and vote! :) And oh, my second fanfic! I put up a foreword, and I'm planning to work on it during the summer holidays. Check it out, it's called Botox Brain! But yeah, like I said, it's only the foreword and it's not even finished....

Anyways, I'll update soon~. (The next few chapter are going to go fast, because if I were to describe everything, it will take another 50 chapters, so no thanks. I had enough of middle school haha)