Breathless.

Another Chance

Chapter 40

Your P.O.V

I told Sujin about what happened last time, about how Baekhyun told me that Chanyeol's cold behaviour was just an act. Sujin responded with a squeal and stated that she knew it. Such a fangirl.


Days had passed, and it was Friday. "Okay, guys. We only have a week left till the actual exams.", I announced, receiving groans from the group. "There's no point in groaning and crying. You cannot pass your exams by doing that.", Sungyeol stated. "Yeah we know.", Chanyeol scowled. I sighed, "Okay, let's do some revision. I'm going to ask questions now." I diverted my gaze to Chanyeol. "What is the flame colour for Potassium?" I expected him to know the answer as he said it right last time but all I received was a blank expression. I sighed in frustration, "Don't tell me you forgot it already?" "Ur...", Chanyeol croaked sleepily. I facepalmed myself and boohooed, "I'm going mental! Yah Park Chanyeol!", I screeched, startling the poor boy off his feet. "Y-yah...you scared me! I am tired! L-leave me alone!", Chanyeol wailed, banging his head onto the table. "I understand that you're tired but we have only a week left! Concentrate or you won't pass the exams." Chanyeol's face darkened at the word 'pass'. "Pass...my credit card... Aishh, what am I going to do?!", Chanyeol wailed louder. Credit card?

I managed to somehow bring back their enthusiasm by offering them sweets and little goods everytime they got a question right. " What's the word equation for Photosynthesis, Baekhyun?", I stated with a grin, shoving a whole load of coloured sweets in his face. He sniffed it, and drunkenly chuckled to himself. I let out a dead laugh, Everyone has gone mental. "So what is it Baekhyun?" "Carbon dioxide plus water and also light energy gives you glucose plus oxygen." "Welldone! You can choose a sweet now!", I beamed a smile. He savagely searched for his favourite strawberry flavoured sweet and threw it into his mouth. "Okay, next is Sujin." "I'll pass...I haven't got any of the questions right. I give up.", she bellowed, throwing herself onto the floor. I felt sorry for her so I gave her a sweet. "Chanyeol, you are next. What's an ultrasound wave?" "Urmm, Well, it's a sound wave with a urm, frequency over 20,000Hz." "Correct, but you are missing a small detail." "Oh.", he blunted stated. "Something about the human range?", I lured him on. "Oh! It's over 20,000Hz meaning that humans can't hear it because humans can only hear from 20Hz to 20,000Hz." "Yay! Correct!", I beamed, allowing him to pick a sweet.

Everything was going smooth when Sungyeol recommended me to ask them Maths questions. It went downhill from there. "Guys, you must know this! It's not that hard to solve it!" "I don't understand Maths!", Chanyeol grumbled. Baekhyun sighed, "We were too busy revising other subjects!. We only looked over Maths once!" So they were blaming it on me now...I see how it is. Well, I guess Baekhyun does have a point. "Then why don't we do Maths today?-" "No! We have been revising for 4 hours straight! It's getting late as well!", Chanyeol yelled. "Fine.", I snorted. " I think we should do mentoring tomorrow as well. I know it's a Saturday and everyone's tired but I don't think a week is enough for these hooligans to pass at Maths.", Sungyeol suggested. "What?!", me and Chanyeol screeched together. "I think it's a good idea!", Baekhyun exclaimed. "Oh... I mean, I don't mind but I need to have a rest, so maybe in the afternoon-", I started off but got interrupted by Chanyeol. "Sorry but I have important things to do this Saturday so no." Baekhyun snorted, "You only care about yourself!" "I don't!" "Yes you do!" 

I sighed. "It's fine. Let's just do it on the weekdays like usual." 

So mentoring finished for that day and we all headed home.


Chanyeol's P.O.V

I sighed at my life. Look at how much I was sacrificing for my credit card and they are telling me to give up my weekends too? Sorry but I have plans with someone. The only thing I was looking forward to all this week. My noona. She said she was going to come over to my house and she was going to teach me how an actual date was supposed to be like. I was a little offended but I was overly excitied that I let it slide. She was originally supposed to come on Saturday but she had rehearsals she had to attend so she couldn't make it. But she said she would definitely come on Sunday. And today, it was Sunday!

I made myself look good. I straightened my once curly hair and styled it into a side parting, which made my blonde highlights more vibrant.

She said she would be here in an hour so I decided just to loom around and tidy up the house a little.

Baekhyun's P.O.V

I chewed on my pen lid vigorously, trying to solve some algebra. Man, only if there was mentoring today, I could have asked Jisu or Sungyeol. All because of Chanyeol and his obsession with his Eunsung noona, my precious mentoring session had to go to waste. I mean, I wish I could ask Jisu to mentor me today but it would be a hassle as she would have to come all the way here to mentor one person. I sighed and leaned over my chair. I guess I can't do much about it. This was my fate. I had to suffer where as Chanyeol got to go on dates. Talking about dates, I wondered if Chanyeol met Eunsung yesterday. He said he had plans on Saturday so it was probably with her. I decided to call him. 

"Hello?" "Yeah, it's me, Baekhyun." " Yeah, I know.", Chanyeol stated sternly. This guy was still pissed with me about the incident the other day when I exposed his true colours to Jisu. "Well, are you still annoyed?" "Not really.", he replied with no change in tone. I sighed, " If you're going to be like this, I will seriously tell Jisu about that sleepover incident. I mean if I tell her, she would never look up to you the way she does now. She would probably not take you seriously and laugh 24/7-" "Yah! What do you seriously want?! Okay, I'm sorry for all the things I have done. I will never blank you again. Now what do you want?!", Chanyeol screeched. I didn't expect to receive a reaction like this. Why is Chanyeol getting worked up? I mean, I said I was going to tell Jisu. It's not like I said I was going to tell Eunsung. Chanyeol was definitely hiding something from me.

" Calm down! Anyways how was your date with Eunsung yesterday?", I smirked. " Oh...she didn't come yesterday. She's coming today though.", Chanyeol exclaimed. "Really?! You bastard! We could have had mentoring yesterday then! Look what you did! I'm struggling here-" "Chill! You're only struggling with Maths now. We have a week left, it's fine!-" "Are you out of your mind?! It's better to have mentoring sessions on the weekends because we have a longer time to go over things. Where as on school days, we only have 3 to 4 hours. And even then, we all get tired!" "Please, I beg of you. Just go. Finally noona is coming and I don't want to have to hear your irritating voice screech at me." "You...God! You're the first guy to chose a girl over your bestfriend.", I scowled. "Baek..she's the girl I want to be with all my life. Of course, I'll choose her over you.", he smirked. "Yeah, yeah.", I rolled my eyes. Then I decided to a little. "Oh, but are you sure? What about Jisu?" I heard him choke. "Are you ing out of your mind?! Don't bring that filth to the same level as my noona." "Jisu isn't filth-" "If you think that, why don't you go and date her? Stop saying crap like this! Argh!", Chanyeol made a tantrum. Instead I laughed, " Nah, I don't want to date right now. I need to pass my exams." "Are you mocking me?", Chanyeol grumbled. "Yep." "Well, bye. Stop calling me! Noona might be here any minute!", and with that he cut the call.

Such an idiot. He really doesn't appreciate anything. Jisu put in all her effort to mentor him and this is how she gets repaid. Sometimes I wish I was the only one getting mentored. Plus, we could have had a mentoring sesson yesterday and because his noona planned to meet up with him, he threw away everyone's opportunity to study. Does he not understand the importance of this exam? Does he want his credit card to disappear for ever? I don't want to live with my grandparents...I sighed and pushed myself from my desk and flung over to my bed. Well, I guess it's my turn to have some fun, Chanyeol. I smirked devilshly, as I picked my phone and searched for Jisu's number.


 Your P.O.V

"Jisu, take this to your brother.", my mum called over from the kitchen. "Okay!", I exclaimed.  My mum handed me a nicely decorated parcel and I went over to my brother who was finishing his breakfast. "I'm putting it on the table, yeah?", I stated. "Yeah, just leave it there.", my brother mumbled due to the load of food in his mouth. I wonder what's in the parcel. Just then my phone rang. My eyebrows slowly knitted together as I saw Baekhyun's name across the screen. Why is he calling me? I gulped causing my brother to smirk. "Answer it! Don't make Chanyeol wait too long-" "Are you stupid?! It's not Chanyeol okay?!", I yelled. I wish I can go back in time and destroy the journal. All because of that damn thing, my brother doesn't let me live in peace. I scowled at my brother and answered the call nervously.

"Hello...Baekhyun?" I made out. "Hello, I guess I surprised you right?" "Yeah...sort of." "I called you because we have all agreed to do mentoring today.", Baekhyun stated. "Huh?", I uttered, not knowing what to say. "Ah..well, basically me and Chanyeol want to have mentoring sessions today because we are struggling with Maths." What? Chanyeol wants to have mentoring sessions? Am I in a different universe now? "I swear Chanyeol didn't seem too keen on having mentoring on the weekends?", I questioned Baekhyun. "Ah...well he only said that he couldn't make it on Saturday. It's Sunday today and he's free." "Oh...", I trailed of in my words. "Oh sorry, If your're busy then we can just carry on with it on Monday-" "It's okay. I am not busy today anyways.", I stated. I was touched at the fact that both of them were starting to take this seriously so I decided to help them. "Thanks Jisu. And oh, by the way it's at Chanyeol's place." "W-what? Oh..." "Are you okay with that?" "Yeah...", I lied. "Okay it's settled then. You can call over Sungyeol and Sujin if you want. The larger the group, the better.", he smirked. He somewhat had a devilish tone to his voice. "Urm...okay. I'll call them." "Okay thanks Jisu! Do you know how to get to his place? Because last time you got lost." Last time...Oh god, the day I could never forget. "I vaguely remember the directions.", I stated. "Oh, then do you want to come to my place and we all go together?", Baekhyun suggested. "Oh okay, yeah let's do that." "Yeah, I'll see you in an hour or so. Bye!" "Bye."

"Who's that?", my brother asked straight after I had finished talking. "Baekhyun." "Who's that?", he repeated himself. "Argh! I mentor two guys remember? He's one of them!", I yelled in frustation. "Okay calm down sis.", he chuckled. I glared at him and decided to call Sujin and tell her about the mentoring. She obviously agreed where as when I called Sungyeol, he was covered with suspicion. "Are you sure?", he reassured himself. "Yes!" "Hm...okay. I just can't believe Chanyeol suggested this idea. I mean he was so against it-" "He said he couldn't make it on Saturday. It's Sunday today!" "Yeah but still-" "You don't have to come if you don't want to.", I scowled. "Fine, I won't say no more. Meeting at Baekhyun's place right?", Sungyeol asked. "Yep, come early!", "Yeah I will, bye.", Sungyeol finished the call.


I arrived at Baekhyun's house and he opened the door with a bright smile. "Sujin and Sungyeol are already here." "Oh.", I let out a dead chuckle while brushing my hair with my hand. "Okay let's go then.", Sungyeol appeared at the door with Sujin. I nodded and Baekhyun led us to the car. I sighed. Despite getting in Baekhyun's car so many times, I still feel queasy. 

We arrived at Chanyeol's driveway and got off there. We walked up the alley and I noticed Baekhyun's face darkening with every step he took. "Are you okay?", I asked. "Huh? Oh yeah!", he yelped, smiling like there was no tomorrow. I awkwardly smiled. Something was definitely off.

We were now at the gates and Baekhyun pressed the bell. The doors immediately opened. "Shouldn't he be more careful opening the door? He didn't even ask who we were.", Sungyeol declared. "I guess he is just excited to see us.", Baekhyun smirked devilishly again. Sungyeol rolled his eyes before strolling through the gates. Why do I feel like there is something messed up going on? 

Waiting outside Chanyeol's door, my stomach knotted. I didn't know how to react when he opens the door. For what seemed like eternity, he finally opened the door in a hast. "Noona! You're here-", he yelped in excitement but slowly trailed off in his words; his bright smile vanishing into a frightened frown instead. I watched his face elongating in horror as his eyes hit my face. "W-why are you guys here?!", Chanyeol screeched. I raised my eyebrows at Baekhyun awkwardly and in response, Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders with a sinful smirk. What the?! My face scrunched up in total confusion and as I was about to say something, Chanyeol let out a roar. "I'm going to kill each and every one of you! Do you guys think my life is a joke?!" I was so confused. He was the one who told us to come yet- Wait a minute! Don't tell me Baekhyun planned this whole thing? I rotated my head to Baekhyun without making it obvious and he gulped. "Was it you?", I questioned him with a silent hiss. "I d-don't know what you're talking about!", he mouthed out, forcing out a smile. I facepalmed myself and sighed. So Baekhyun planned this whole day out? Chanyeol didn't want this? Was this all a lie? I noticed Chanyeol's stare getting more intense and within seconds he pushed all of us out his front patio in a haste. "Get out now!" "What the?!", Sungyeol yelled as he was the one that got pushed away the most. Chanyeol rolled back his head with a moan and in response Sungyeol hissed, "Do you people find this funny? You guys ask for mentoring, make us come here and then act like nothing happened? What is this? Do you want to fail-" "I DID NOT ASK FOR THIS TODAY! It's you guys that did wrong! Why are you guys coming to my house without telling me? Leave, I beg of you!", He screeched with desperation. But Sungyeol didn't understand. "What do you mean that we came here without telling you? You told Baekhyun you wanted mentoring today. Stop finding excuses! Just say you forgot instead of acting petty.", Sungyeol announced in disgust. However only silence entered between us and the silent whimper displayed by Baekhyun. "What?", Chanyeol uttered, astonished at what he had just heard. "So you're telling me Baekhyun did this?", he made it clearer for himself and then within a blink of an eye, his whole existence flashed before our eyes. The next thing that was heard was a high pitched scream.

"AHHHHHH! WAIT!!! NO! WAIT!", Baekhyun screeched, as Chanyeol was now crawling over him, yanking his hair. "What did I tell you?! I told you she's coming today and you do this?! Look at what I am going to do to you today! You are dead!", Chanyeol yelled, yanking Baekhyun's hair harder. I didn't know what to do. I looked over to Sungyeol and Sujin and they both had puzzled looks on their faces. I decided to join in with them. I mean, who is the she Chanyeol was talking about?

In the end, Chanyeol let us into his house due to Sungyeol threating about him quitting mentoring and telling the teachers the truth. Sungyeol was obviously pissed as he just sacrificed his Sunday but only to fall into Baekhyun's prank. I don't blame him. I was slighlty annoyed with Baekhyun too. Isn't there a better way to get revenge on someone than involving other people in it? I genuinely thought that these two wanted to study as well. But it ended up being Baekhyun's little vengeance against Chanyeol. I shook my head and let out a sigh. It looked like Chanyeol had something important to do as well. He looks so soulless.

We were all silently sitting on the sofa and it was a painful silence, let me tell you that! Chanyeol looked like he was going to burst into tears and Baekhyun was filled with guiltiness like he just committed some sort of sin. Sungyeol groaned in annoyance, "What are you guys playing at now? First, you lie about the mentoring, and now you guys are guilty over it? What's next?" "Like I said, stop blaming it on me! It was Baekhyun. I was not involved in this! Infact, I am the one who is the victim here!", Chanyeol raised his voice and then mumbled, "She was supposed to come as well...". He buried his head into his hands. Who was supposed to come? Confused as I was, Sungyeol asked for me. "Who was supposed to come?" Chanyeol didn't answer but instead, Baekhyun did. "His lover-" "Do you want to die?!", Chanyeol bellowed. Baekhyun shut his mouth and sat still, awkwardly smiling like usual. Chanyeol shook his head with a grim expression, "It's not funny Baekhyun." Lover? Don't tell me it's that Eunsung person... Chanyeol noticed me staring at him and he immediately pulled his sweater over his head, embarrassed. I heard a muffled moan come out of him and Baekhyun giggled like he had won a prize for turning Chanyeol into something so pathetic. In response, we all shook our heads when then, the door bell rang.

Chanyeol immediately pulled himself out of his sweater with an aghast expression, "Argh! She's here!", he yelled, scruffing his hair as he bolted himself off the sofa, his gaze diverting around the room, not knowing where to go. The door bell rang again and Chanyeol had no choice but to answer it. So he did. "Yes?....Oh noona...The gates s-should be open now....Oh okay, I'll o-open the door....huh? I'm o-okay!", he exclaimed over the door phone, awkwardly chuckling and scruffing his hair. I bit my lip. I think it was wrong to come here today. Chanyeol seemed excited to see this person and we just spoiled it for him. I think we should leave. "B-baekhyun?", I whispered. "What?" "Don't you think we should leave? I mean it's not funny, he seemed excited to meet this person and-" "It's okay! He deserves it!", Baekhyun whispered back with a grin. "And you call yourself his best friend.", Sungyeol stated in a loud voice causing Chanyeol to divert his gaze to us. Baekhyun lowered his eyes, resulting Chanyeol to hiss under his breath. Chanyeol snorted and stormed out of the living room. "I think we should leave.", I repeated myself. "No, you have to stay!", Baekhyun pleaded. "Well, that's okay for you to say. He's your best friend. You guys can stay at each other's houses freely despite any problems. We are not even friends!", I hissed. "But you have to see her.", Baekhyun smirked. "What, who?", I gulped. "Chanyeol's girlfriend." Girlfriend? Eunsung? Wait so is Chanyeol actually dating Eunsung? So she's not Chanyeol's crush? She likes him too?!

My face turned white at the thought that I had to compete with this girl. I should just give up now. But wait, why is Baekhyun telling me all this? I snapped out of it and flashed my eyes at Baekhyun scornfully. But instead, he grinned and stated, "Don't worry. I know how you both feel. It's obvious! Just leave it to me, Jisu." My eyes widened in shock, "W-what?" "It's nothing.", Baekhyun chuckled. Does he know I like Chanyeol? How?! Maybe I misheard what he said. Plus he didn't actually say, oh, Jisu you like Chanyeol right? Yeah, I just misheard what he said...t-that has to be it. 

NO! He knows! Why would he say just leave it to me? Oh god, what am I going to do? And what did he mean by I know how you BOTH feel? 

So many thoughts were roaming in my head and Sujin gave me a reassuring look, to not worry. I nodded and let it slide for the moment. Just then I heard the front door click and I gulped. Baekhyun started to hum sappy tunes and it irritated me on a whole new level. He looked over to me and smiled and I gritted my teeth. This whole time I was thinking Baekhyun was the nice one....he's hella teasy. I guess you learn about people as times goes on. I heard Chanyeol's voice, "D-do you want me to put your coat away?" "Ah, it's okay! I'll just keep it with me.", I heard a female voice reply back. When was Chanyeol this nice? I didn't like this feeling...Argh, I just want to go home. Then I saw Chanyeol's face pop in to the living room and for some reason I felt like I had to make a good impression. I mean, she was my rival. I sat in a lady-like position and flattened my hair slyly, hoping Baekhyun wouldn't notice and say something. I was glad that I wore something nice. With slight relief, I gazed with anticipation at the door and in split seconds, my mouth dropped. I watched as the girl came in, her hair losely left out, her face so bare yet she looked much prettier than those who stuff their faces in heavy makeup. She was quite short like me, but her body was more feminine. I guess Chanyeol likes small girls yet he's always taking fun out of me. Does this even make sense? I snorted a little to loud, causing the girl to look forward. The smile on her face faded away in an instant. Then she looked at Chanyeol for an explanation.

"B-basically...I...t-they...", Chanyeol slurred in his speech causing Baekhyun to facepalm himself.


"Basically, me and Chanyeol are failing our studies so we got ourselves mentors. The exams are next week yet this child doesn't care. We were supposed to have mentoring yesterday and he cancelled it saying he had stuff to do. And guess what, he didn't do anything on Saturday. So our mentoring session was cancelled for nothing. So I decided to get revenge. And Ta da! Here we are!" "Ah. I'll see...That's what happened.", she stated and  then scrunched her face, "Sorry...It was me he was supposed to see yesterday, but I had stuff to do. Plus I didn't know you guys have exams. Next time, I'll be more careful." "Yeah you should. By the way Eunsung, how was the date last time? I heard it went wrong.", Baekhyun sniggered. "Baekhyun. Just shut up. Please.", Chanyeol hissed as he noticed me, Sujin and Sungyeol eagerly listening to the conversation. Eunsung diverted her gaze to us with a awkward smile. "Hello, I'm Kim Eunsung, nice to meet you guys." "Hello...", we all chanted together in an awkward manner. She smiled weakily, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "Then..are you all Chanyeol's classmates?", she asked hoping to receive some kind of answer. Me and Sujin were silent therefore Sungyeol spoke for us. "Urm, me and Jisu are from a different class but Sujin is their classmate." "Ah, okay. Then are you two the mentors?", she said looking at me and back at Sungyeol. "Yeah.", Sungyeol stated. "Oh then in that case, I'm sorry. I didn't know that mentoring was supposed to happen yesterday and made arrangements with Chanyeol." "Ah, it's okay. We were all tired and needed a rest anyways." "That's a relief!", she exclaimed. She then diverted her gaze to me, "Sorry." "Huh? It's okay..", I let out a forced laugh. She smiled which caused Chanyeol to sigh. This is awkward.

Silence started to fill in and Sujin decided it was her turn to ask something, "Then what school do you go to?" "Huh? Oh, I go to Sunhwa Arts high school." "Oh really?! Wow that's a good high school!Then how old are you?", Sujin asked with curiosity. "I'm 17." "17? Whoa...you are two years older than Chanyeol." I knew it. She just wants to confirm the rumor of Chanyeol liking older girls. I guess she's right then. 

In response Eunsung awkwardly laughed and Chanyeol however tauntingly glared at Sujin, "You better not spread this at school. If I hear a word about it, you're dead. I already had enough of you guys coming into my life and now you want to know my life story?" "Yah! She just asked my age! What's wrong?", Eunsung yelped. "You don't understand my school. If this information spreads, I'll be skinned alive and you will join me." "W-what?", Eunsung stuttered. "Basically, Yeol's fangirls would murder you.", Baekhyun answered. "Don't worry! That won't happen! I am not going to tell anyone.", Sujin announced receiving an icy stare from Chanyeol. 

After an hour of talking, Eunsung decided to leave as she realised Chanyeol had to study. "Chanyeol, lets meet after the exams, okay?", she suggested enthusiastically. After the exams...I guess after the exams I won't have a reason to talk to Chanyeol anymore. I sighed immensely, causing Eunsung to look over to me. Crap...I bet she thinks I have some sort of grudge against her. "Oh...Hopefully I see you again. Make sure Chanyeol revises well.", she smiled brightly despite my seemingly rude behaviour. "Yeah, don't worry.", I smiled back for once. She nodded approvingly and walked out of the door while Chanyeol followed her like a puppy. Chanyeol came back after 10 minutes with a slightly cool expression. I guess they had a nice conversation together. Or worse, she probably rewarded him with a hug or a kiss. My heart sank. I have no chance against someone like her. I should just give up.


Chanyeol's P.O.V

I didn't expect my date to end this way but at least I got to see her after so long. She even gave me quick peck on the cheek at the gates. What's more cute than that? I strolled back into the house and then into the living room, with a small smile on my face. "Yeollie, why are you smiling? What did you do with your girlfriend?", Baekhyun teased me. My smile disappeared and was replaced with a grim stare, " Why do you want to know?" "I am your bff! Best friend for life!" "Hm, about that..." "Listen to your best friend's advice! You two better not be doing anything physical okay?", he smirked. This nutter never changes. Well, I just have to go through his stupid jokes without getting angry. That's the only way he will shut up. "I don't know what kind of dirty mind you have there but I am pure, thank you very much. If I was going to do that, I'll do it 5 years time when I look more desirable to eye.", I replied back. "Yeah Yeol, when you lose all that chubby fat on your face and when your body is finally mature, go and woo Eunsung all you like." "I will.", I replied with a grin. Just then Sungyeol came into the conversation with a disgusted tone, "You guys are embarrasing me and the male race. I mean, if you want to talk about these things, surely you can mention it when there aren't any females around here. Now I know why decent girls always favour the guys that aren't rich.", he stated hinting at Jisu and Sujin who were listening to our conversation the whole time in an uncomfortable manner. I blanked Sungyeol and changed the topic, "So are we going to have mentoring today then? After all, you guys spoilt my date." Sungyeol rolled his eyes and looked over to me, "Do you still want to mentor these erts?" ert? How am I ert?! As I was about to diss him, Baekhyun interrupted me, "Yes, let's carry on with mentoring! I have tonnes of questions to ask!" Baekhyun, he called you a ert. Why you doing this to yourself? "I guess we will carry on then.", Jisu finally spoke, pulling her bag over her shoulders in a distressed fashion. She then made eye contact with me and suprisingly snorted, while muttering swear words as she headed to the staircase. What did I do to this ?! I gritted my teeth, resulting Baekhyun to cackle. I pulled a face at Baekhyun before pushing Jisu out of the way, and stormed up the stairs. Who does she think she is trying to set her foot on my stairs first?


Your P.O.V

I don't know what to do anymore. I feel like I'm getting teased by everyone. Even though Baekhyun teased Chanyeol about him doing something mischievous with Eunsung...I feel like I was the one that got teased. Does Baekhyun actually know that I like Chanyeol? Is that why he's saying these things to get me jealous? I mean he kept smirking while looking over at me and Chanyeol. How did Baekhyun even find out? I knew this was all wrong from the beginning. I shouldn't have got involved with them in the first place. I shouldn't have like Chanyeol. And now that I've met Eunsung...it makes me feel even worse. I should just give up.

"Yah! Stop drifting off and explain this!", Chanyeol yelled shoving his book in my face. "Huh? yeah..." I muttered. Chanyeol noticed there was something wrong with me and knitted his eyebrows together. "Can you please have an enthusiastic expression on your face. I'll just ask Sungyeol.", Chanyeol hissed, snatching the book away. I sighed. Let me pull myself together. I'll think about this later. Exams are more important right now.


"Okay! That's right! Welldone!", I beamed as they we finally getting the hang of these Maths questions. " We should have a break. We have been studying 5 hours straight, and it's nearly 5pm! My back hurts.", Baekhyun, the boy who wanted to study, groaned. "Fine. Let's have a 45 minutes break.", I agreed. "Chanyeol, is there any food in your house? I'm hungry.", Sungyeol blurted trying to keep up with the constant churning of his stomach. "Uh, I don't think so. Well my sister would be home soon. She might cook something for us." His sister? Yoora? I winced at the memory when I met Yoora last time. Hopefully she doesn't tease me. 

20 minutes had passed and our hunger was indescribable. " I think someone should go to some corner shop and buy pot noodles. I can't do this anymore.", Sungyeol complained, clutching his stomach. "If you're that desperate, go and buy it yourself.", Chanyeol coldly responded. "Do I know this area?", Sungyeol hissed. "To bad. Suffer." , Chanyeol spat. Sungyeol snorted and carried on clutching his stomach. He's really hungry. "Then, Jisu, do you want to come to the corner shop with me?", Baekhyun stated out of the blue, causing Chanyeol and Sujin to choke. "What?". I muttered in a shock. " Well, Chanyeol doesn't want to go. Sungyeol looks like he's going to faint and Sujin, well I don't know. I just thought maybe you want to come. Get used this area you know?", Baekhyun blurted out random . I know he's planning something. "Ur well-", I started off but got interrupted by Chanyeol, "What is this? Are you guys perhaps dating? Ahh wow, daebak!", Chanyeol sarcastically laughed. However Baekhyun grinned, "Are you hurt?" Chanyeol's eyes popped out, along with mine. What is Baekhyun saying? "W-what?! Yah, you! Why would I be hurt? Are you stupid-", Chanyeol bellowed only to get cut off by Baekhyun. "Why you getting angry? Ah man, don't be jealous." "YAH! Why would I be jealous, stop putting words into my mouth-" Baekhyun blanked Chanyeol and diverted his gaze to me, "Come on Jisu, let's go!" "Urm....", I started off but only to receive a playful wink from Baekhyun. My face turned white. What is this.

 Baekhyun pulled my arm and dragged me to my feet. "B-baekhyun! W-what are you doing?", I exclaimed. "We are going to the corner shop.", he said while pulling me out of the living room, away from everyone else. "But why am I coming with you? W-what are you planning?!" Baekhyun stopped at the front door, and smiled, "I am just confirming something." "C-confirming what?", I stuttered out of breath. Suddenly Baekhyun came close and whispered in my ear, "Confirming whether Chanyeol likes you or not." My heart dropped. I gawked at him, open mouthed and he simply laughed, "Wow, really...I didn't think it was going to turn out this way." What is he on about? "I d-don't understand...", I muttered, trying to keep my voice down. "It's okay if you don't understand because everything is going perfect. Just trust me.", he smirked widely. Okay. That's it. He knows I like Chanyeol. He's just teasing me. I need to somehow push this idea out of his head. "Your're misunderstanding! I don't see him in that way-" "Are you just saying that because of Eunsung? Don't worry about her, she's just dating Chanyeol because of her father. Chanyeol knows too but he is stubborn." What? Why am I being told this? I don't like this feeling...I need to get rid of it somehow!

"Why are you telling me this?!", I screeched, totally forgeting that were supposed to whisper because a few seconds later, Chanyeol appeared with a glare. "Are you guys not going to leave? Why are you making noises?", he bellowed. "Why do you care?", Baekhyun responded. "Because you're making noises in my house." I facepalmed myself at their stupid argument, "Let's go.", I said to Baekhyun, pulling his arm. I need to solve things with him. I need to tell him I don't like Chanyeol. I need to do this. Baekhyun wiggled his eyebrows at Chanyeol, with a grin and then turned to look at me. "Okay! We have a lot to talk about, right Jisu?", he asked, putting his shoe on. Just then the door bell rang, scaring the life out of Baekhyun. "Ah seriously! That scared me. Who is it now?", he whined. "Probably my sister.", Chanyeol said answering the door phone. He clicked a button and then opened the front door. I look outside and noticed her, holding filled carrier bags while huffing and puffing. "I guess she bought food. Then there's no need to go to the shops.", Chanyeol stated, tapping Baekhyun on the back, causing Baekhyun to scrunch his face up. What kind of atmosphere is this?

"Oh! Jisu!", Yoora beamed as she saw my face. "Ah, hello.", I smiled. "I haven't seen you in long! Why you guys here?", she asked closing the door behind her. "For mentoring." "Ohh, the exams next week?" "Yeah", I stated. "Okay you guys study! I'll make you food!" "Thanks!", we all yelped together. Sungyeol must be really happy now. We introduced Sungyeol to Yoora as she hasn't seen him before. After that we ate and then we headed upstairs to carry on with Maths. Great.


"Okay, we finished this topic! One more to go!", I beamed. Their faces glistened with happiness. "I can't believe we went through so many topics today!", Baekhyun yelped. "Yeah, I can't believe it too!", I giggled. Just then Chanyeol sighed, throwing himself onto the floor, "It's nearly 10. Are you guys not going to leave?" "Rude. Be happy that you have amazing people like Jisu and me to be helping you.", Sungyeol boasted. "Amazing...pfft.", Chanyeol rolled his eyes. I sighed and reached my phone out, only to notice that I have about 10 missed calls from my brother. "Oh !", I hissed. "What's wrong?", Sungyeol asked. "My brother. Wait I think I should call him. I'll be right back."

I went outside the room and called my brother. He instantly picked up, "Where are you?! It's late!" "I'm still mentoring them." "Mentoring? What now?!" "Yes, we are nearly finished though!". He sighed, "Pick up your phone next time." "I will, geez." "Then do you want me to pick you up? It's getting late." "Oh..if you want." "Okay, call me when your done and text me the address. Chanyeol's house right?", he teasingly asked. "Yeah yeah, bye now.", I snorted. "Okay, bye.", he laughed cutting the call. I seriously need to go back in time and burn that journal.

"What did he say?", Baekhyun asked. "He's going to pick me up." "Oh okay, that's good!" I nodded and indicated that we should quickly finish the last topic. 

It was 11 by the time we finished and me and Chanyeol remained seated while the others got up. "Bye! See you guys tomorrow!", Sujin squealed. "Yeah bye!", we all chanted together. "Then you two have fun!", Baekhyun grinned winking at me. I bit my lip and gave a weak smile. He laughed and diverted his gaze to Sungyeol, "Okay buddy, let's go!" "Buddy? Since when?" "Oh come on! We are friends!" "Ah okay...", Sungyeol playfully laughed, while walking out of Chanyeol's room. It's good to see Sungyeol happy. I let a sigh of relief but it was broken by Chanyeol's question. "So..what time is your brother coming?" "I'll text him to leave the house now." "What! He's going to come late you know?" "I know....", I muttered. "Oh..."

 Chanyeol rested his head on the table and put his earphones in. He let out a long sigh. This is so awkward. I should have just taken the bus. 10 minutes had passed, and I still remained in the same position and my legs started to hurt. The table wasn't helping either as it was low and you cannot sit on a chair. My was probably deformed by now. I rubbed my leg and my back, causing Chanyeol to twitch. He was now facing me, glaring as usual. "Can you stop moving around? I can't hear my music." "S-sorry." He took his earphones out with a sigh, " Ask me some questions on Maths. There's nothing to do. Might as well revise until your brother comes.", he suggested, almost giving me a heart attack. Is this Chanyeol? "Urm...okay then. I'll just give you some questions on paper." "Okay.", he stated getting a pen ready. 

I gave him some questions but after 5 minutes, I heard a bang and a slight groan. Shocked, I looked in Chanyeol's direction and found Chanyeol lying on the floor, clutching his head, half asleep. "Chanyeol! Are you okay?", I yelped. But he did not reply. He probably fell asleep while doing the questions, and as he was resting his head on his elbow, his elbow probably slipped causing him to fall over. I sighed. Such an idiot. 

When is my brother going to come? Is Yoora downstairs? Maybe I should go and check. As I was about to get up and check, Chanyeol's leg shot up out of nowhere, causing me to trip over and crash into him. "Y-yah! That hurt-" "Shut up....Aigoo,I'm tired...", Chanyeol mumbled, sleepily, not knowing that I was literally on top of him right now. I tried to move away, and managed to come to the side, when his arms suddenly embraced my shoulders. "Where...are you....going?", he muffled into my hair. I froze. Was Chanyeol sleep talking? Or was he awake? "C-chanyeol...can you-". He tightened the embrace sending my face straight into his chest. I felt his lips nuzzle my hair and all I could do was...nothing. Thump Thump 

Millions of thoughts rushed into my head. Was he awake? Was he stupid? Was he a ert? Was he playing with me? I gazed up and noticed how close his face was to mine. He was good looking and it was killing me to the bones. I suddenly noticed something different. His hair-It looks straighter. I smiled and gently his hair. He probably did this for Eunsung right? My smile turned into a sign. I should give up. Right at that moment, his eyes snapped open and my hands immediately shot out of his hair. I breathed harder as his eyes analysed my face, with a frown. "C-chanyeol...it's n-not what your thinking-", "I must be crazy... to be dreaming about you.", Chanyeol murmured with a drunken smile and lazily rolled over, with his back now facing me. 

What in the world just happened right now? Did he think it was a dream? My overheated breathless face lit with relief. 


#The longest chapter I have ever written in my life. I named this chapter breathless, one) because there's so much drama, cheesiness and AH! moments, that you will just be out of breath while trying to process everything and second) this damn thing is so long, you will be out of breath by the end of this chapter! haha. Hopefully you guys enjoy it, despite the drama! 

And guys, my exams started :(( Wish me luck hehe! Love you all!