A new personality?

Another Chance

Chapter 39

Your P.O.V

"Chanyeol for crying out loud! You should know this!", I yelled throwing the history textbook that I was using as reference for the past bloody 2 hours. "Wow...how can you not know about the recent Korean history? And you're telling me that you're a son of a chaebol? Chaebol my .", Sungyeol hissed. "I don't need to know about a bunch of oldies' life stories to carry out a family business.", Chanyeol hissed back. "Yes you do." "Well, thanks for your comment, but I do not wish to be a nerd. I'll live my way and you live your way.", Chanyeol sharply stated. "Well, someone's childish.", Sungyeol smirked. "I'm gonna ing beat the - OUCHHHHH!, Why did you do that for?!", Chanyeol groaned as I hit him with the history textbook, out of nowhere. "Concentrate!", I yelled. "That nerd started it-" "He's trying to help you!"

In response Chanyeol yelled in frustration, scratching his hair and gritting his teeth. He's really childish. But I don't know...it's cute in some ways. Wait! What am I thinking?! I blushed in embarrassment, resulting Chanyeol to question me. "Why is your face red?", he asked. "N-nothing. Now, back to work! Like I was saying you guys need to know about North Korea and the USA involvement with South Korea-"

Chanyeol is staring at me real hard, I feel it...and I think I'm going crazy. Can't he just stop looking at me? Argh, why do I like him? Why is my heart beating fast? Why?! I try my best to act like myself but I end up exaggerating, blushing or stuttering. If I keep on doing this, he is going to know that I still have a little 'crush' on him and categorise me as one of his hectic fangirls. It's so embarrassing. I sighed in annoyance, " Let's carry on with the Law topic now and pay attention.", I stated glaring at Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Baekhyun immediately concentrated on the text whereas Chanyeol scornfully eyed me with suspicion. "W-what?!", I stuttered harshly, my face flushing slightly. "Nothing.", Chanyeol smirked as if his thoughts have been resolved. I gulped, biting my lips. Sometimes I wonder what goes on in Chanyeol's mind.

Chanyeol's P.O.V

I watched Jisu's face redden in response to my frustration and hair pulling. "Why is your face red?", I asked, startling her. "N-nothing. Now back to work! Like I was saying you guys need to know about North Korea and the USA involvement with South Korea-"

She was definitely acting strange. I just don't understand. She was fine a few weeks ago, bossing me with her screwed up personality even after that sly confession she made, about her having a little crush on me or something. I took a brief moment to remember about that incident.

"Sorry to tell you, I already have someone I like and-", I stopped and eyed Jisu from head to toe, and bluntly stated. "You are not my type." She shook my head in disbelief and snorted.

Silence filled in when out of nowhere, she had an outburst.

" Fine, I did like you, like an hour ago! But I wouldn't call it love, it was just a warm feeling...maybe like a crush? I finally thought we could get along with each other. I was just shocked at how you were being so nice to me, how you found me while I was lost, despite all your stupid teases and I was happy when you let me borough you hoody-", She looked down at my hoody and smiled, "Well, it was a nice feeling while it lasted.".

I didn't know what I felt at that moment. I was just shocked to be honest. Well, I admit I alot but I wasn't expecting to receive a sudden confession. From her at the very least. What surprised me more was the fact that she denied it afterwards.

"Chanyeol..." "What?" "Forget the words I said earlier on, okay?" she asked sternly. "What words?" I replied acting as if I didn't know. She gritted her teeth together, "You know...the thing.." "What thing?"  "ARGH! When I said I liked you and such...now even that tiny piece of affection towards you is gone. I realised how much of a selfish brat you are, so it is all fine!" This shameless still has an attitude after embarrassing herself. "Selfish? Do you want to start at it again?!" I bellowed. " No I don't, but I just wanted to make it clear that I don't like you-." "I heard you the first time. Even if you did like me, it would just be a tragic rejection so you know, it would be better if you just don't like me." "I said I don't like you, so don't worry because that will never happen-" "I know, but I just wanted to make it clear that I don't like you-" "I know, I know.", she snapped.

I cleared my thoughts when straight after, Jisu randomly sighed loudly halfway through her teaching. I raised my eyebrows suspiciously. I've also  realised she goes off into her own little world these days- Always sighing and thinking.  " Let's carry on with the Law topic now-" "-and pay attention.", she then added, diverting her gaze to me and Baekhyun. Baekhyun immediately flicked through the history textbook, looking for the Laws page, where as I, sat in my exact position, still eyeing her. Jisu, what are you doing, ey? She realised me scornfully looking at her and in response she stuttered, "W-what?" harshly, her face reddening supposedly in anger. I smirked instead, now doubting whether her, "I DON'T LIKE YOU!" and her, "even that tiny piece of affection towards you is gone." was the actual truth. Come on, she talks perfectly normal to Baekhyun and Sungyeol, but statters like crazy everytime she faces me. So what am I supposed to think? She's either embarrassed because of that night or she still has that tiny piece of affection towards me. Well, even if that was the cause she will be rejected anyways. 

Mentoring finished, and Jisu, Sujin and Sungyeol left. Baekhyun was getting ready to leave when I abruptly startled him from behind with my sudden question, "Have you noticed how strange Jisu is around me lately?" "What the?!", Baekhyun shrieked. "No, think about it. Ever since she 'confessed' to me, she's acting like this. First it wasn't noticeable, but now, it's getting strange." Baekhyun snorted, " Are you still on about the confession thing? Are you sure you are not making that up?" Dude, seriously? -.- " What do you take me for? Why am I going to lie about this?!" "Well you do sometimes exaggerate.", Baekhyun chuckled. "True, but she really did confess. The thing is, after that, she called me a selfish brat and said that she doesn't like me anymore." Just then Baekhyun grinned, "Why do you care anyways? Even if she does like you or doesn't, what's it going to do to you?  Just don't mind it. You never cared about other girls when they confessed to you. So, why are you still thinking about Jisu?" Just then his smirk turned devilish, " Yeollie, are you hiding something from me?" Was this er out of his mind? 

"Do you want to die?", I coldly responded. "Then shut up about Jisu. Leave her alone if you don't care about her. I feel for her,  for you to think stupid things like this.", Baekhyun stated, shaking his head. I glared at him, " Yeah whatever." "Good boy. Instead of using up time thinking about whether Jisu likes you or not, use this precious time to revise! We have less than 2 weeks mate!" "Dude, I don't use my ing time to think about that low life -", I started off but got interrupted by Baekhyun, "So how's Eunsung? Your noona must be sad that you don't even visit her as much." This bastard always changing the topic within split seconds. "Well we are fine thank you. Actually, I'm planning to meet up with her soon.", I highly boasted. In reply, Baekhyun nudged me, giving me a cheesy grin, "Oh someone is having a progressing relationship!" "Shut up!", I scowled playfully. "Well, just don't dwell on that! Make sure you revise as well.", Baekhyun shattered my thoughts. "Well I'm only going to spend a day with her.", I snapped. Baekhyun chuckled, "Yeah, sure." This bastard is really asking for a slap.

In the end, Baekhyun left and I was all alone in my room thinking. Baekhyun was right I suppose. Why should I care if Jisu likes me or not? It doesn't affect me anyways. I guess, I should just concentrate on doing well on this bloody test. It was pretty important plus I need my credit card back. Maybe for these 2 weeks I should not think about anything else but revision.

With this thought, I fell asleep.


Your P.O.V

(A week after)

Mentoring was going smoothly, but the only thing that took me of my feet was the fact that Chanyeol was actually concentrating for once.

"So, your saying that by doing this flame test you can identify the different elements? WHOA...daebak!", Chanyeol yelped in a dorky manner, creepily smiling at the Chemistry textbook. What was going on with him?! He's not his usual arrogant, scary self. In fact, he looks more creepy. The whole table watched him writing some notes in a book, horrifyingly. I am actually wondering whether this is Chanyeol or not...he is actually revising. I'm not complaining because he finally understands how important this test is but...he's not himself. 

"So can anyone tell me the flame colour of Potassium?", I asked. Baekhyun put his hand up, but then out of nowhere, Chanyeol screeched, "Lilac!" I raised my eyebrows in shock, "W-welldone", I managed to utter something. "Are you sure you don't have a chemistry book on your lap and you're reading the answers off it?", Sungyeol asked suspiciously, eyeing Chanyeol. Chanyeol snorted and got up on his feet, tapping his lap, " There's nothing on my lap. Just don't be jealous that you're not the only smart one here." "Smart my .", Sungyeol snorted. Chanyeol glowered at him before diverting his attention to me, "Ask more questions" "Huh? Yeah sure...", I replied, in shock. Chanyeol suddenly grinned showing his brillant white teeth and then sat back down, waiting with anticipation.  "I'll ask questions from all subjects okay?" "Yeah, okay.", Chanyeol replied like he couldn't care less.  

"Hm...What's the name of the first korean president?" "Rhee Syngman.", he replied within seconds. "Then tell me what year the Korean war started, and what year it ended." "Well, it started in 1950, somewhere in June-" "Give me the full details.", I stopped him. "Fine. It started in 1950, 25th of June and ended in 27th of July, 1953" Shocked as I was, I decided to ask him a harder question, "What era was the Gojoseon kingdom found in?" "2333 BC.", he boasted, a smirk playing on his lips. I was dumbfounded. What happened to him?

I asked him some questions on Biology, Physics and Geography and he got every single one of them right. Sungyeol was confused just as much as I was. Chanyeol noticed our shock expressions. "What? I just learnt the things I needed to know from Jisu's syllabus sheet.", he snapped and then diverted his gaze to me only, "It was pretty useful. Thanks.", he stated making me feel like all those worksheets I printed out for him with struggle, did not go to waste. 


Mentoring finished and when I decided to go home, Baekhyun's mum appeared out of nowhere and insisted that we must stay for dinner. I didn't last time so she practically forced me to sit down. I had no say.

So here I was, eating some pork belly but I was glad that I stayed- it was delicious! After I finished, I went into the kitchen to put away my plate when I saw Baekhyun cleaning his plate alone, while humming a tune. Perfect opportunity to ask before Chanyeol comes! I approached him slowly, and eventually stood next to him. "Baekhyun I need to ask you something."

He jumped, "When did you come in here?", he screeched, embarrassed. "Just a while ago when you were singing. It was good by the way.", I chuckled. He ruffled his hair, once again embarrassed, and mumbled, "Thanks." "No problem." Silence filled in when Baekhyun asked, "So, what did you want to ask?" Oh...that. "Urm...Basically...", I hesitated but in response Baekhyun smirked. "Is it about Chanyeol?", he suddenly asked out of the blue. "WHAT?!", I croaked, my face reddening. Am I that obvious? Baekhyun smirked once again, while rubbing his chin in curiosity,  "Well, I wonder, why you guys keep asking about each other...I wonder why, huh?" What?! What does he mean? Wait...Chanyeol talked about me with Baekhyun? "Wait what?! You got it wrong! And what do you mean by that?-", I made out but got interrupted. "Don't worry. It's nothing important. Anyways, what did you want to ask?" Hmph. As curious as I was, I decided not to linger on that. I mean if Chanyeol talked about me, what could it be other than harsh words? I brushed it off and decided to answer Baekhyun.

"Urm basically, I was wondering if you know what's going on with Chanyeol. He is acting strange and it's sort of bothering me..."  There! I've said it! Noticing Baekhyun's grin, my stomach knotted. "W-well...it's difficult to teach as one minute he's rude and not bothered and the other, he's enthuastic.", I carried on, hoping that the smirk on Baekhyun's face would disappear any sooner. It did eventually, "Oh, in that case, I can tell you. Well to be honest, he didn't tell me anything but I did tell him to take studying seriously so he's probably motivated.", Baekhyun stated. I let out a sigh, "But he's not his usual self. He's acting like a, how do I say it? A dork? And worst of all, he's suddenly smart! I mean-" I realised I was blabbering on too much about Chanyeol and stopped. I cannot risk my life and allow Baekhyun to find out I like Chanyeol. Instead, Baekhyun laughed, "Actually, he is a dork. It's just that hardly anyone at school sees it." "Oh, so are you also telling me that he's smart as well?", I sarcastically joked to get rid of Baekhyun's possible thoughts about me liking Chanyeol, hence I have to be rude as possible. However, Baekhyun's response seemed like he couldn't care less. "Um, not really. He's not very smart at all. He just has a good memory. Well I guess if he wants to learn, he can but he's very childish." "I totally agree. He's so childish and cold.", I scornfully replied, trying my best once again to not give hints that I like Chanyeol. "Oh really? I thought girls liked his cold behaviour." I nearly choked on my own saliva. Baekhyun carried on cheekishly, "Well you seem to hate it." I was silent. What else was I supposed to say? Oh, actually Baekhyun, I find Chanyeol's cold behaviour very attractive. I decided it was better to not say anything. Baekhyun brightly smiled, "He is actually a dork. The cold behaviour is just a big fat lie. You know...our Chanyeol, he's such a drama queen! Oh god, why is he like this?" I am so confused right now. What is he telling me? Chanyeol is fake? What does he mean? Despite all these thoughts roaming in my mind, the only thing that blurted out of my mouth was a barely audible "What?". Baekhyun sighed but in a cheekish manner, "Basically, Chanyeol's cold behaviour is simply an act. He's just being a dickhead because we have this game on who has the most fans and because Chanyeol's fans love his cold behaviour, he is scared to reveal his true self because if he does, he will lose the game. He's actually a ." Why was Baekhyun telling me all this? I swear these sort of things should never be shared. So why?  

 Baekhyun noticed my aghast expression and chuckled, "Well, there's more I could say if you want me too." "What?! I a-am not really interested in knowing these things-" "Well, I am going to tell you anyways. Like 2 years ago when we had a sleepover, Chanyeol-" As much as I was getting hooked, I heard a shriek, "What are you saying?!". I immediately turned around to see Chanyeol, his face flushing with shock. My mind went blank. I rotated my gaze to Baekhyun who deadly chuckled, ".". Chanyeol's face darkened as he screeched, "Baekhyun do you want to die?" "W-were you listening to everything?", Baekhyun stuttered, while giving a half smile. Please tell me he did not listen to everything- "Oh yes, I heard everything and I am going to kill you!", he yelled, flailing his arms at Baekhyun. Baekhyun defended himself, pulling his arms across his face, "Dude, chill! It's not like Jisu is going to expose this to everyone! Besides, she is in class 3B, no one there cares about you. Wait, she might tell Sujin but-" "SHUT UP! WHAT THE IS WRONG WITH YOU?!", Chanyeol bellowed, his face reddening with anger.

 I was so confused. So was it actually the truth? That Chanyeol's cold behaviour is not his actual behaviour?! I took a moment to remember the first time Sujin told me about Chanyeol.

"You see, Chanyeol, he's rich, has the looks, his height...tall and perfect. You don't know how many girls want to embraced by him. Then, his voice..it's so husky and deep...but gentle, when he wants to be nice. Girls fall for all that, especially his hot temper, they love it!" she squealed. " Carry on, but less exaggeration please." "Yah! It's the truth. Anyways, he's known to be the rude, cold guy among the public eye. But there's proof that he's actually a dorky, funny guy. I just love investigating about them, you'll find new things everyday!"

Hm, I guess Sujin was right about Chanyeol having a different personality. I mean, look at the way Chanyeol reacted. I gazed at his face which was still sizzling with frustration. He caught me looking at him and I immediately diverted my gaze to the sink and my unwashed plate. "Ur, anyways, let me just wash this plate.", I half heartedly chuckled, receiving many glares from Chanyeol.

After cleaning up, I said my goodbyes and left. I was still thinking about what happened. What Baekhyun told me...I want to see it for my self. I want to see his true self. I want to see it.


Baekhyun's P.O.V

I had realised something was going on with Jisu and Chanyeol. I mean, Chanyeol told me that Jisu confessed to him but I didn't believe it at first. But I don't know anymore. And why are they both keenly asking about each other? I grinned widely. Yeol, what are you doing? Eunsung will not be very happy. 


#Sorry guys for the long wait. Jisu and Chanyeol moments would be in the next chapter I promise. I just had so much to write :/ I was planning to update this chapter and the next together but I don't want to make you guys wait any longer. Hopefully, you guys enjoyed it! Love you all! By the way, the next chapter is nearly finished. I will put it up tomorrow or even today if I have time. (Remember guys, I have exams!) Thanks for all the lovely comments and I hope I get votes too!! Thanks once again!