Caught! But rewarded.

Another Chance

Chapter 35

Chanyeol's P.O.V

March had come to a quick end and it was already the second week of April. There was a month and a bit left until the test and the reality hit me hard. I had to start caring or I would have to say good bye to my credit card forever. And due to this, a date with noona cannot be affordable. I placed my face into my hands and sighed. "Is everything alright? You better do these questions and stop slacking off!", Jisu screeched throwing more sheets at my face. I glared at her, receiving smirks from Sujin, resulting Jisu to redden. This had been an ongoing thing for weeks. I had realised something was going on and it was irrating me so I decided to ask.

"Tell me, what are you two planning?" I asked, startling Jisu and Sujin who were whispering and hissing at the back. "Nothing, why do you ask?" Sujin tauntingly questioned me. I could see Jisu leering at Sujin, and then Jisu glared at me, "Concentrate on your bloody work!" "How am I supposed to concentrate when you people are giggling and smirking?" "Well if you really do care about doing well, you shouldn't be minding what others do.", Jisu coldly stated.

She was getting ruder and ruder as the days went by and Sujin was getting more comfortable with me and Baekhyun. She even greeted us at school everytime she saw us. I just don't understand. Well Jisu's case , I understand that ever since the incident, she has been giving me the cold shoulder. It was quite funny at first but everytime I tried teasing her she would either tease me back or surprisingly, she would laugh. So I just stopped teasing her for the time being.

Your P.O.V

I was pretty satisfied with myself as I could keep control of my emotions in front of Chanyeol and I even stopped him from teasing me. Everything was going pretty smooth until this one day where everything nearly went downhill.

I was with Sungyeol in the classroom having my lunch break when Sujin stormed through the room screeching my name, "Jisu! Quickly come! It's urgent!". I told Sungyeol I would be right back and headed towards Sujin.

"What's the matter?" Without explanation, she grabbed my wrist and yanked me outside to the corridor. "What the hell-" "Jisu! You won't believe what happened! Somehow, someone found out about you mentoring all of us and snitched to the teachers!" "What?! How?!",I erupted, unable to correspond. "I don't know but a teacher is looking for you, she will be here any minute-" "What?! Does Chanyeol and Baekhyun know?" "I don't know, I can't find them anywhere! I tried looking for them, and I called Baekhyun but-" "How do you know this?" "A teacher came to my form room looking for me, Baekhyun and Chanyeol and apparently she asked my class if they knew who Jisu was but they didn't know. One of my classmates told me when I came back from the canteen, that there was a teacher looking for us saying that they wanted to clarify the rules or something. Which means that someone definitely snitched!" I took a moment to sort my thoughts out. How did things escalate into this? When and how? We had always been so careful! "Jisu, let's go and look for Baekhyun and Chanyeol!" "But-" "We need to tell them!" Just then Sungyeol appeared through the door with a concerned look on his face. "Is everything alright?", he asked, realising that we both had a distressed expression on our faces. "Urm well basically...", I started off but was interrupted by Sujin, "I just thought of a crazy idea...you have no idea how crazy it is...you have no idea.", she uttered, spacing her words out. "What is it?" I asked, curious. "Well, we should go somewhere else first."


"WHAT?!", me and Sungyeol screeched in unison. "I told you...", she mumbled, embarrassed. To be honest, I think the idea was not bad at all. I actually applaud Sujin for suggesting it, but it's up to Sungyeol to decide. We both awkwardly gazed at Sungyeol, and he bit his lip. "So, you are telling me to act as if I mentor some guy I don't even know?" "Well, yeah! We are not asking you to actually mentor him! If you agree then we can defend ourselves against the mentoring rules-" "Which is?", Sungyeol interrupted Sujin. "One mentor per person." "Then what about you?", Sungyeol asked. Sujin hesitated at first but then she lit up, "Well technically, I did not sign up for mentoring so-" "Well, the teachers still want to see you." "But I can just make something up, but please, if you do this favour then we have more of a chance of not getting told off or worse expelled!" "Expelled?!", I erupted. "This school is strict with the rules.", Sujin stated. Sungyeol snorted and then let out a sigh, "Well I'll give it a try I guess." My face and Sujin's face beamed with touching expressions but Sungyeol broke it. "But on two conditions. One, I will not mentor him for real and I will only be acting for today's sake. So do not tell me to do this again. And secondly tell me Jisu, how did you even end up in this situation?"

So I told him.

He simply laughed and raised his eyebrows at Sujin, "Really? Please tell me you guys were lying about the whole thing." When he realised no one was going to say anything, he simply roared full of laughter. "The first time in my life...I am hearing such things. So this friend here likes some guy and so you are mentoring him in order to get them closer?", Sungyeol questioned me, still laughing. "You don't have to put it in a horrible way", I scowled. Sujin looked as if she was going to explode as her face was bright red. "Well sorry, that's how it seems.", Sungyeol simply stated. "Well, you are wrong. Sujin here, helps me a lot!-" Just then someone's phone rang. It was Sujin's. Her face looked horrified. She mouthed out, "Baekhyun is calling me! What do I do?" "Answer it!", I yelled. "I'm scared-" "Give the bloody phone!", I snapped. I answered the call and instead of Baekhyun, I heard Chanyeol's voice screeching in the background, "Wait till I get my hands on these es!" "Yeol, shut up!... Sujin?" "Ur..it's me Jisu." "Oh..well, you guys probably heard what happened right? We got caught. We are in the office now." "WHAT?!" I shrieked. "Well, the teachers are not in the room, they are looking for you both. Come to the office now so we don't get into further trouble." "Wait guys we have a plan!-", I started off but Chanyeol butted in, "Get your over here!" "Listen to me first! My friend is going to help us. He's going to act as Chanyeol's mentor!" "What?!", I heard Baekhyun yelp in excitement. "Then what about Sujin?", Chanyeol interrupted the happiness. "We don't know yet-" ", the teacher is coming, bye-" "Wait, we need to plan it-" BEEP. Crap. Sungyeol looked at me, speechless as if he regretted the idea of helping us. I let out a forced smile and signalled Sungyeol and Sujin to start making our journey to the office.

We ran like mad children. That was the ideal description I could make of it. I barged through the door and some young teacher yelped in shock, "You scared me!" "S-sorry!", I apologised, bowing. "Are you the kids involved with them two?", she said pointing her fingers towards Chanyeol and Baekhyun, who both looked lifeless. We all walked in and sat near them two. Baekhyun saw Sungyeol and his eyebrows slowly knitted themselves together. "Don't worry, we have a plan and he's the friend I was talking about!", I mouthed out. He nodded, trusting me. However Chanyeol looked as if he was having a mental breakdown.

The pretty young teacher made her way towards us and pulled her chair and sat down. She looks nice, hopefully she doesn't take it too seriously. However, I was wrong.

"So, you guys know why you are here right?" the teacher questioned us. "Not really.", Chanyeol snapped. "Well, let me tell you then. I heard from another student that you guys have been breaking rules." "Not one that I know of.", Chanyeol stated. "Well.", she said taking out a piece of paper titled CCTV report. We all drew closer to see the paper and saw a black and white photo of me, Sujin, Chanyeol and Baekhyun waiting in front of the office.There was also another picture of Chanyeol barging into the office. We were all silent. Like I said, the office meet up was the most stupidest idea ever. What were we thinking? The teacher carried on, "The student who told me had no proof so we had no choice but to check if the student was telling the truth or not. We checked the CCTV recording and it clearly ended up being the truth." "Well, you can't assume it is the truth just because we three were standing there. And the second picture, that could have been me just at the office. This proofs nothing.", Chanyeol argued back. In the end, Chanyeol was doing the work.  "I may be new to the school, but I heard a lot of stories about you Chanyeol and I can see your character really well. Also, Baekhyun, you two applied for mentoring as your test scores were low. So, it is perfectly normal for you two to be desperate for a mentor, so you guys had no choice but to share one. You guys should just admit-" "No, you can't just say that without proof-" "This is proof. Why would a class B student stand among a group of Class G students who applied for mentoring? It's obvious that your intentions were to share one and according to the school rules, you guys can be suspended or worse expelled-" "But you can't assume it!", Chanyeol yelled.

She ignored Chanyeol and faced us. Her gaze diverted towards me, "So Jisu? Were you forced into this?", she asked. "Eh?! No I wasn't! Plus we are not breaking the rules!", I stated. "Yes you guys are.", she argued. This lady...argh. Just then Sungyeol came into the conversation, "I mentor Chanyeol so technically, your statements are wrong." I could see Chanyeol looking at Sungyeol and Baekhyun waiting in anticipation. "And you are?", the teacher asked. "Lee Sungyeol of Class 3B." She shuffled through the papers, "Ah...I don't see you in the pictures." "I don't have to be in the picture to prove that I am Chanyeol's mentor." "Okay, but you haven't signed up for mentoring, can you explain that?" "I am new to this school.", he replied back. "So is Jisu.", she attacked him. "Just because Jisu signed up, doesn't automatically mean that I signed up too. She might have known about it but I don't." "Well hasn't Jisu told you, you have to sign up?" "No, she hasn't. She might have thought that I already knew about the signing up." "Well, Jisu?", she said looking at me. "Yeah, he's right. I thought he would have known. Plus he is just doing you guys a favour. You are having a hard time finding a mentor anyways.", I stated. " Well, you should have informed the office at least-" "I didn't know. I recommend this school to announce their rules more clearly. How are we new students going to understand?", Sungyeol questioned her. For the first time, the teacher hesitated. Omg, Sungyeol I love you!  I could see faint smiles on all of our faces as the teacher tried to dig more into the case but failed.

Just when we thought it was going to be over, the teacher smirked. "Sujin, why are you in these pictures?" "Because-", I made out, but the teacher interrupted me. "I am asking Sujin." Crap. "Well...I am friends with Jisu so-" "And she's my girlfriend, so it is normal for us all to hang out together.", Baekhyun butted in. We all gawked at Baekhyun's sudden statement. I looked at Sujin and she was red as a beetroot. "Well, they all look surprised at your comment Baekhyun.", the teacher interrogated him, not letting go of any opportunites to prove us wrong. Baekhyun was fidgeting and I spoke for him, "Well if you know Baekhyun, he's pretty popular and he has a fanbase so if he announces that he has a girlfriend, it could get hectic. So we were surprised at the fact that Baekhyun said it, because only we know." "Ah. I was actually talking to Baekhyun-" "But isn't it more reasonable to ask us, why we were surprised than asking Baekhyun. He wouldn't know why we were surprised.", I higly stated. The teacher bit her lip and looked for more evidence. Baekhyun winked at me and I grinned. This was actually fun. The teacher looked over to Sujin "Well, he's your boyfriend right?" "Yeah...", she said blushing. "LOOK AT HER FACE! She's blushing, so obviously!", Chanyeol exploded. We all laughed apart from Baekhyun, who let out a dead chuckle and Sujin and the teacher who had unreadable expressions. The teacher sighed heavily and piled all her papers together in a neat pile and dauntingly looked at us. We gulped. But she smiled, "Off you go then.". We all dazzled with smiles when she stopped Sungyeol all of a sudden. "You, mister, sign up right now." "What?", Sungyeol uttered. "I said sign up for mentoring, so we know for sure that you are actually mentoring him. Plus you have to attend some meetings and do some paper work." Crap, like why? He said he wouldn't mentor Chanyeol, that was one of his conditions. Now everything was going to fall apart. Sungyeol eyed me and sighed. When I thought he was going to explode and reveal the truth, he said something strange. "Where's the sheet?" "On the board", the teacher stated. He got a pen that was lying on the desk and scribbled his name down. Then the teacher handed him Chanyeol's folder. Omg I really want to hug Sungyeol right now. 

Just then some other teacher crashed through the door, "Did I miss it?", she pouted, heaving for breath. I know her. She was the one who assigned me to Baekhyun. The nice teacher. Chanyeol saw her and immediately exploded, "Mrs Kim!, By any chance do you know who told you this false information, about us breaking the rules?" "I don't know! I wasn't the one who was informed. Miss Kang knows the details.", she said signalling at the young teacher who gave us hell. Mrs Kim carried on, "Even so, she wouldn't be able to tell you. It's the rules." "Damn it!", Chanyeol gritted his teeth. "And why? To start a fight?" Mrs Kim, smirked. They seem close. 

Eventually we were let out and we waited till we were away from the CCTV cameras and then squealed in excitement, huddling into a group hug. Baekhyun thanked Sungyeol, and surprisingly so did Chanyeol. Then Baekhyun caught Sujin staring at him and smiled, "Sorry for saying all that, just forget it..", he apologised. "No, it's alright.", Sujin smiled sheeplessly. I was too busy grinning at this happy ending that I didn't notice Chanyeol staring at me. I immediately looked down knowing that he was either going to yell or glare but he smiled instead. His smile...it's too cute. I found myself smiling back but then he smirked devilishly, "Don't think we are friends now. I just rewarded you a present since you did something nice for once." "You bastard-", I yelled flaring red but it was broken by the giggles played among the group. They were all laughing and somehow it made me feel content. In the end, I found myself joining them too.

I felt like today, I made a step closer to everyone...especially Chanyeol, I felt myself glistening with happiness. (And I better apologise to Sungyeol.)