Goodbye, My Love

Be My Prince(ss?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"SEHUNNIIEE!"


Sehun stood there frozen until few seconds passed and the bomb inside him finally exploded.


"LUHAAANNN!"


Sehun screamed and proceeded to rampage uncontrollably, beating all the wolves around him without mercy. He lifted them and smashed them countless times onto the ground just to throw their limp bodies far away.


Kai scrambled to his brother immediately and held him tight, but Sehun squirmed and pushed the other away angrily. The older prince jumped few feet backwards when Sehun's eyes flashed bright golden and Luhan's symbol on his neck glowed bright blue.


"Sehun-ah, calm down! I'm trying to help you!"


Sehun's gaze softened and his eyes turned pretty grey again as he noticed the other's worried face. Kai jumped back to him and pulled him in a big hug.


"We'll go there and get Luhan hyung back," the older whispered and patted his brother's back soothingly, “but you have to calm down. Okay?"


Sehun hummed and buried his face on Kai's shoulder. Feeling something wet on his bare skin, Kai pushed Sehun away lightly to see his face. The handsome face was pouting, stained with the trails of his tears. A crying Sehun had always been Kai's weakness. Kai hugged Sehun's head and ruffled his styled-up black hair, making the younger pout even harder. The tanned prince chuckled lightly before opening a portal in front of them.


"Let's go," Kai smiled at Sehun. The crown prince nodded and stepped into the portal first, but when Kai was about to follow him, Sehun pushed him away until he stumbled and fell on his . Kai stared at his brother with wide eyes in disbelief. Kyungsoo, who unintentionally saw the scene from afar, jumped from his spot towards the two brothers immediately. He knelt next to Kai and circled his arms around the younger’s body, his cautious eyes not leaving Sehun’s figure any second.


"Sehun-ah, what's wrong?" Kai asked with soft yet confused voice.


"I'll go alone. It must be really dangerous. Look at your shoulder, you're injured. You better stay here and get some help before you lose too much blood," Sehun said flatly.


"What..?" Kai stood up abruptly and opened his arms, just to proof that nothing was wrong with him, "I'm fine! I'm totally fine! You can't go alone, I'll go with you-"


"Stay!" Sehun snapped and Kai let out a small whimper out of instinct. "Don't follow me or I'll never forgive you for that."


Kai bowed his head sadly and turned around, letting Kyungsoo hug him and pat his back to comfort him. Kyungsoo tilted his head slightly to let one of his huge owl eyes see the maknae’s face and quickly hid again behind his shield which was Kai’s taller body.


"Fine then. Just be careful and come back soon. I won't close the portal so you can come back anytime."


"I will," Sehun replied shortly. He watched as Kyungsoo took Kai’s hand and led him to walk away. The prince pulled the rest of his body into the portal, but then poked his head out again to call out his older brother.


"Umm, I love you... hyung. Take care."


Sehun and Kai smiled at each other before separating once again.


Without Sehun's knowledge, after he had gone into the portal for awhile, two people approached the portal and looked around cautiously. After they were sure that no one was watching them, they entered the portal quietly and trailed behind the prince.


Meanwhile, Kyungsoo was clearing his way to a more deserted part of what should be the horse field. He was pretty angry about the wolves trying to pick a fight with him while he had his boyfriend with him to be taken care of, so he plucked the only tree standing straight off the ground and swung it towards the group of ferocious wolves with as much strength as he still had inside his petite body. The werewolves were thrown far away, but they held themselves from sliding on the ground any further with their claws. They turned back and ran towards Kyungsoo furiously, but the short boy stomped his foot on the ground to stop the beasts with a tall rock wall rising from the ground, surrounding them in a circle. The wolves started to claw the wall in attempt to climb it and struggled to break it by throwing their own bodies onto it. The wall was massive and thick, but Kyungsoo knew it would break at some point. So he quickly pushed Kai down to a sitting position on a tree bark and checked his wound.


“Kyungie, I’m fine,” Kai stopped Kyungsoo’s hands, “we have to go back there and help the others.”


“They were doing fine with the guns. You’re still bleeding and the bullet is still inside. And you’re shirtless. You’re going to catch a cold,” Kyungsoo spoke like a mother as he wiped the dirt off Kai’s body and took off his own oversized sweater.


“I told you I’m okay. Don’t I look ier like this anyways?” Kai smiled teasingly, but his voice sounded really tired.


Kyungsoo ripped the long sleeve of his shirt and wrapped it around Kai’s shoulder, smiling softly at the younger boy’s attempt to throw a lame joke at that very wrong time. He forced the other to wear his sweater, after he made it to do so, he rewarded his younger boyfriend with a peck on his temple.


“Wearing less clothes doesn’t always make you look better,” Kyungsoo chuckled, “you look cuter in an oversized sweater than in nasty visible scars here and there."


Kai took Kyungsoo's hands and cupped them in his bigger ones, kissed them softly and pressed them against his cheek. The smaller boy bowed his head and smiled shyly with a tint of pink coloring his pale cheeks.


"Thank you, Kyungsoo-yah. You always make me feel better." Kai flashed a soft, genuine smile as Kyungsoo pulled back one of his hand to run his fingers through the younger's black hair and caress his cheek. But then Kai dropped his head and his smile vanished away, making Kyungsoo's face drop along with his.


"Jonginnie, what's wrong?"


Kai stared down at the small hand that he was still holding tightly and mumbled, "I guess I have to go back there."


Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows, "Where?"


"My portal, where Sehun left. And no, you can't go with me."


Kyungsoo stared at Kai's sad face with wide eyes in silence for awhile, not really sure what to say.


"...But you've promised not to follow him."


"I know. But I have to make sure that he's safe there. If something bad happens to him, I won't be able to forgive myself. I can't afford to lose my precious brother. I'd rather... being hated by him than being left alone."


Kai sank his face on his palms and sighed deeply. Kyungsoo, on the other hand, wasn't sure if he should the other go. They didn't know what was on the other side of the portal and it could be really dangerous for Kai himself. But then again, what the tanned boy said was right. Moreover, Sehun had done the same thing for Luhan, so it should be okay for Kai to go after his brother.


"You should go," Kyungsoo finally said hesitantly, causing the other to jolt his head up in surprise.


"Really? You're letting me go?" The younger asked in disbelief.


"Don't make me regret it."


Kai pulled Kyungsoo in a big hug and kissed his cheek, smiling brightly he said, "You really are a perfect boyfriend, Kyungie. I don't know how to thank you."


Kyungsoo nodded and smiled shyly. "Thank me by saving them and coming back here as soon as possible in a good condition."


"I will."


The tanned prince cupped his boyfriend's squishy cheeks in his hands and brought his face closer. As they closed their eyes, their lips met in a soft, tender loving kiss. When they pulled away, Kai felt like there was something squeezing his heart because of the sad face in front of him. Kyungsoo dabbed his tears quickly and replaced it with his usual heart-shaped smile.


"Don't... make this the last. Please come back soon. I really love you."


"No, no, don't say that," Kai said quickly and hugged the other, "of course this won't be the last. I really love you too and nothing can change it. After all of this ends, we'll go to bed together and have a long, deep sleep like we always do on weekends. After we wake up, everything will be perfect again."


Kyungsoo nodded weakly, "It's a promise."


"Promise."


They hooked their little fingers together in a pinky swear and smiled at each other.


"See you later, Kyungsoo-yah. Take care."


Kai disappeared into the cold night air, leaving Kyungsoo's hand hanging in the air. While Kai popped out again and entered his portal where Sehun had gone through, Kyungsoo stood up and turned around to run back to the battlefield in tears.


Meanwhile, a clueless Sehun was wandering around Jun's place. He was sitting cross-legged on his wind ball that was carrying him around the place.


The place wasn't anything like he had imagined. To say it bluntly, it was a disaster. It looked like a Chanyeol had gone mad and had burnt everything there, with a little help from a Kyungsoo to break the floor that then Sehun could even see the ground floor. He couldn't find guards anywhere; probably because they had been swallowed by the hot lava that was covering most parts of the building. That was why he was on his ball of wind wisps and not walking around instead.


If Sehun had to guess, he'd say Jun was the cause of all the mess. But why would he destroy his own place?


"Noooo! Let me go!"


Sehun almost fell off his wind ball when he heard the high-pitched scream coming from afar. It was clearly Luhan's voice. Another scream of pain echoed throughout the place and Sehun quickly moved to the source of the voice.


"Stop it! It hurts! Heeelp!"


Luhan's constant screams made Sehun grit his teeth and clench his fists out of his anger. Nonetheless, he still needed Luhan's voice to guide him to where he was. The voice was slowly going louder; a sign that he was almost there, but suddenly the shouts stopped coming and his surroundings became painfully quiet. Sehun felt his heart stop beating too.


'Is he...?'


Sehun moved faster and made a sharp turn to the left, which was supposed to be a corridor, but the walls and floors were gone. He flew his gaze around the spacious place and found a big, tall rock pillar that stood from the bottom of the building to the same level as where he was hovering in the air. On top of it there was a lone armchair with a certain blonde boy sitting on it, a shirtless fragile-looking boy curling on his lap.


Luhan’s eyes were closed. His head was on Jun’s shoulder and his body had stopped moving. There was something that looked like a big metal belt fastened around his chest, also cuffs binding his wrists and ankles. Jun had a small remote control in his hand, but then he put it in his pocket and touched Luhan’s face softly, staring at him almost adoringly. He was sinking in his own thoughts too deeply that he failed to notice Sehun’s presence there.


Sehun felt his blood boil and raise to his head to the point that his face became red in fury.


"YAH!"


Jun snapped his head up in surprise and tossed Luhan away from his lap by instinct. He turned his head side to side until his eyes spotted Sehun standing on his wind ball with more of his wind blowing and swirling around him. It didn't scare Jun, of course; he stood up from his armchair and bowed at the prince politely with a sickeningly sweet smile.


"Welcome, Your Highness, Prince Oh Sehun. I've been expecting you to come here. I've even worked hard to prepare this place, to give a proper greeting for the prince," Jun pointed at the sea of lava beneath them, his fake sweet smile didn't leave his face any second. "Tell me, how do you like this place, Your Majesty?"


Sehun growled and blew Jun off his pillar as the reply, but the big boy flew up again and let his armchair fell into the fire. He stood back on his pillar and flashed a mocking smile at the prince.


“I can always buy a new one,” Jun said and shrugged nonchalantly. “Why do you want to fight so early? That’s too bad, because I was planning to have a talk with you. You know, about what I should do to have this cute boy over here.”


“You have no chance, he’s mine!”


Sehun rushed to Luhan and held the weak body in his arms. Jun didn’t let him though; using his mind he snatched Luhan from Sehun’s hands and pushed the prince away. Sehun lost his balance and slipped off the pillar, but the wind caught him and brought him up again.


“Give him back to me!” Sehun shouted angrily.


Jun shook his head and lifted Luhan up to his shoulder. “Nope.”


The crown prince grumbled and tugged his own hair out of annoyance. ‘What did you do to him??”


“I calmed him down with this,” Jun tapped the metal device around Luhan’s chest, “because he wouldn’t stop moving and shouting that it was starting to hurt my head. But he’s still cute, even though he can be really noisy. So, can I have him?”


“How dare you-“


Sehun jumped towards Jun but was stopped in mid air. The blonde held out his hand and balled his fist as Sehun threw his hand over his throat and slowly moved down onto the top of the pillar. His face was red and his mouth was agape, trying to as much air as he could into his lungs, but Jun was strangling him really hard. Just after Jun felt no fight from the other that he released his hold and let Sehun lie down weakly in front of him.


“I thought you’ve actually become stronger like everyone says,” Jun shook his head and sighed in fake disappointment, “but no, you’re still as weak as ten years ago. I guess it’s just about time that you’ll also cry in front of me. No one’s here to help you now.”


“Man, you’re totally wrong about that, dude.”


Two heads popped out on the edge of the pillar and the rest of their bodies climbed up until they stood on their feet. Sehun glanced at the uninvited guests weakly, but when he recognized who they were, his eyes shot wide open and his body jolted up to a standing position.


“What are you guys doing here??” the prince freaked out. Kai and Jaesun flashed blinding grins at Sehun innocently as the reply.


“Umm, trying to help you?” Jaesun scratched his nape, “What else?”


Jun’s laugh exploded, startling the two newcomers.


“You guys come at the right time,” Jun said between his laugh, “we’ll have more fun with more people.”


Sehun sent a death glare at Kai and mouthed, “I won’t forgive you for this, I’ve warned you before.”


Kai shrugged and pretended not to see his brother’s angry face. Instead, he set his curious eyes on Jun, who was opening his arms widely. He was wondering what the giant was doing when suddenly two blades came from afar and dashed towards Jun’s hands. Jun caught them and an evil smirk grew on his face.


“Listen up, prince,” Jun said loudly, “I’ll give you an offer and you should consider this carefully.”


Jun dropped Luhan down and fished out a remote control from his pocket. He pressed a button on it, causing the metal belt around Luhan’s chest to be activated again and jolt Luhan back to his consciousness with a wave of electricity. Luhan shouted and shot his eyes open, his chest heaving up and down. Sehun was about to scramble to him, but Jun pressed another button to shock the poor deer again, making Luhan scream again and stopping Sehun from getting closer to him.


“Please stop doing that to me,” Luhan cried, “I can’t breathe, my chest hurts!”


Jun pulled Luhan closer and pressed the cold surface of one of the blades under his chin. Luhan widened his eyes and his heartbeat sped up as he glanced down at the big blade in horror.


“Don’t you dare,” Sehun warned with a deadly low voice. Luhan, who hadn’t realized that there were more people there, lifted his gaze and teared up as soon as his eyes fell on the other prince’s face.


“Sehunnie,” he squeaked, “you’re here.”


Sehun opened his mouth to answer his boyfriend, but Jun cut him by throwing the other blade in his hand, which landed in front of the prince. Sehun stared at it in bewilderment and turned his gaze back at Jun.


“Listen to my offer,” Jun said and got an obedient nod in return, much to his surprise. ’How much does this cute boy value to him that he would even listen to me for him?’


“I’ll return this cutie to you if you do something in exchange.”


“Spit it out.”


“Kill those two who were standing behind you.”


Kai and Jaesun widened their eyes and stared at each other, while Luhan immediately shouted for Sehun not to listen to Jun. Sehun turned around slowly and looked at the two males with unreadable expression.


“...What if I don’t want to?”


Jun snorted and rolled his eyes, “I’ll end this little guy right here and now. You know I can do that.”


Sehun picked the blade by his feet and stared at it in silence. What he could hear was only Luhan’s quiet sob.


“Sehunnie, please don’t hurt them. They’re your family,” the deer pleaded. “I... I’m sorry I’m just so useless right now, I can’t use my power, I don’t know why-“


“Sshhh, just let him think,” Jun shushed Luhan and covered his mouth. Using his mind, he pushed Kai and Jaesun down to a kneeling position in front of Sehun. “Take your time, my prince.”


Sehun closed his eyes and bowed his head. Why did he have to be in that position? He knew clearly that there was no way out then. His single reckless move could end Luhan’s life anytime he didn’t expect. He couldn’t afford to lose the love of his life. But, on the other hand, he couldn’t possibly kill his own family. His brother whom he really loved and his uncle who had taken care of him like a mother ever since the day he was born. What should he do? Who should he choose?


“I can’t choose one of them. Even until I die, I will never be able to choose whom I love more, because I love all of them equally,” Sehun shakily said, “I would... rather die to replace them. You hate me, right? Just kill me already and leave my beloved ones alone.”


Jun pursed his lips and nodded, “That’s a quite nice offer. But then again, where’s the fun in that? I’d love to see you suffer before you die.”


Luhan squirmed a little bit in attempt to escape Jun’s hold, but his little action caught Jun’s attention and the big boy wasn’t too happy about that. He pressed a button again, causing the deer to shout and sink back in the bigger body behind him in defeat.


“Hurry up and choose already,” Jun urged the tall prince. “You’re taking too long. Do you want me to kill this noisy boy now??”


Sehun heaved a long breath before taking a step closer to his brother and his uncle.


“Sehunnie, no! Stay away from them!” Luhan shouted in tears, “You’ll regret it later! Just let him kill me so you guys can go back home safely. Losing one is better than losing two!”


Sehun opened his eyes halfway to see his brother, who was kneeling in front of him with his head hung low. Sehun knew clearly that he could teleport anytime he wanted, but Kai stayed there for him instead of running away and leaving him alone for his own safety.


”...I’m protecting you from now on, Your Majesty.”


“Living with you is the best decision I’ve ever made so far. Don’t even think about me leaving you.”


Breaking promises wasn’t Kai’s style, either as a little boy or as a grown up teenage boy. It was true that he was always there to protect him and make him feel better. Being his once one and only best friend, being his hero when he had been as weak as him, being his first secret crush and his first kiss, being his long lost stepbrother who always showered him with lots of love and affection; how was he not a treasure to him?


He shifted his gaze to his uncle. Since he had never had a mother, what he felt then was that he was staring at his own mother and not his uncle. If Luhan would scowl whenever people call him pretty like a girl, Jaesun had never complained about being called “mommy” or being considered to be suitable as a mother. Instead, as a young man he had told little Sehun many times that he had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter