Running Away

Be My Prince(ss?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks had passed since all the boys met on the field. They hadn't met each other again since then. Except for Baekhyun and Chanyeol, who had found the way back to the shorter's house after going through so much troubles and hard times in the woods.


It was a real surprise for Chanyeol to see that actually Baekhyun's house was a very big mansion, like the smaller version of the castle. Thinking of how Baekhyun had spent half his life living alone there, Chanyeol decided he would come visit the other as often as possible, and they really had spent most of their time together there for the past two weeks. With the addition of a new pretty horse in their "family", which they named Honey.


Speaking of the horse's name, they got it when they were riding her the first time to Baekhyun's house, when Baekhyun was spilling his heart out and Chanyeol accidentally called the shorter "honey". It came from his heart though.


The fact that Baekhyun had shown up really shocked Kris. After having a long talk with Suho and Jae Sun, with some soft arguments thrown between them, they decided they wouldn't just sit there and do nothing about the boy. He might have some clues left by their young professor long ago, and it was still really important to them. No one would understand why it was important, no one could. No one was allowed to know. And it really bothered the three men that they couldn't tell anyone, had to keep it to their own frustration.


Like tonight.


Kris shifted on his huge bed, desperate to fall asleep, but his brain wouldn't cooperate with his tired eyes. His mind was too busy hovering around.


The troubled king shot his eyes open, feeling a cold hand roaming on his bare chest under the blanket.


"What's been bothering you?" Kris heard a soft whisper behind his ear. "You know you can always tell me."


Kris smiled at the familiar voice. He grabbed the hand and kissed it.


"I didn't hear you coming in," he said without turning his body.


"It's because you were too busy with your thoughts," Tao pouted, wasn't too satisfied getting the king's back only. "What were you thinking, my dear king? Or am I bothering you?"


With that, Kris' stupid grin found its way to his face. He turned his body around facing the pouting boy.


"As far as I can remember you've never really bothered me," he kissed Tao's forehead, earning a cute smile from the younger in return. "It's nothing. I'm just thinking about the boy. You know, Baekhyun. I've told you about him, haven't I?"


"Why are you thinking about him?" Tao frowned. "Do you have a crush on him?"


"Quite straightforward, aren't you?" Kris chuckled and pinched Tao's cheek. "Why? Are you jealous?"


"I'm not."


"You're pouting."


"I'm not."


Kris quickly pecked Tao's lips.


"Okay I am," Tao tried hard to fight the smile on his face.


The tall man chuckled and covered the younger's body with his long arms, putting his chin on his head. Tao lowered his gaze, his slender fingers slid along Kris' bare torso.


"You know you don't have to worry about that, Tao baby," the king smiled gently. "It's just.. I.. We don't know what to do about him. I'm afraid we'll scare him off. From what Suho said, it seems like Baekhyun is really fragile. Just by talking about his brother is enough to break him down. But the point is that's all we need, talk about his brother and... And find out about everything," his voice got a bit shaky.


The black haired boy looked deeply into Kris' eyes, slightly tilting his head.


"I don't really understand your problem here. And what exactly you need to find out about him. But I'm sure you'll figure out how to solve it somehow," Tao pecked Kris' jaw and smiled gently. "You're a smart king for all I know. Keep your head co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter