The Big Fight

Be My Prince(ss?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai was standing in front of the pack. Facing them were the big army of their look-alikes, ready to attack as soon as one of the twelve made a single movement. Since it was full moon, something had risen inside him; something much bigger than his fear yet still fully under his control. He was more than ready to face them.


Sadly that was not his first mission; what he had to do before everything was to keep the pearls safe. He inhaled deeply, and as he exhaled, the corner of his lips curved up into a half smile.


In a blink of an eye, Kai bounced on his feet, flew up high and did a backflip in the air before finally landing on his feet safely on top of a house behind them. The silhouette under the moonlight held out his arm towards the much larger pack and beckoned them to come and get him if they could.


Insulted, the large group of doppelgangers didn’t waste any time and launched themselves towards the twelve. Everything happened so fast that suddenly there were no gaps between them all, making it hard for the twelve to differ who were friends and who were foes. They lost it for awhile, afraid to take any actions, but then they noticed something that brought back their confidence; the light blue eyes. Unhesitatingly they pounced back on their opponents, using physical strength at first but eventually also makng use of their powers.


Kai punched and threw one of the Sehuns off the roof, stepped back and watched as his friends beat up their own look-alikes, and then turned around and ran away to protect the pearls and the Heart. He was about to disappear and teleport to the inside of the dome when all of a sudden a knife dashed towards him but landed on one of the bags in his hand instead, thanks to his quick reflex.


A fierce blue-eyed Xiumin ran and jumped towards him, hands and claws directed at his face. Kai jumped backwards and at the same time a loud sound of gunshot was off, followed by a loud crash coming from the falling blue-eyed one. Kai flew his gaze around and found Changmin standing on top of another house, his hands gripping a small gun. He smiled at Kai as the boy bowed deeply to thank him. Kai disappeared as the agent shot the same person few more times, because one bullet wasn’t enough to kill him. After he was sure the “boy” had died, he ran into a house where he hid his weapons and grabbed a bigger, longer gun. He’d have more fun with that.


Meanwhile, the pack found it a bit harder to kill their opponents than they had thought, because they wouldn’t just die with one big blow. Lulu and Bomi duplicated themselves in attempt to make it one on one, but it wasn’t that easy, since the copies were pretty fragile and would disappear rather easily. Nevertheless, they kept duplicating to replace the gone ones. Later they found out that transforming into the twelve males made it somehow harder for the enemies to recognize them as opponents, since they were almost the same kind; both the EXO look-alikes and the former animals were just products of the Heart, not the real guardians.


Luhan was combatting with a blue-eyed Sehun, a bit far from the others. He felt really weird; even though he knew it wasn’t the real Sehun, he was hesitant to hit him. He had found out that these doppelgangers were different; they had great physical strength in replacement of the superpowers. Were they actually failures too? But he couldn’t really agree with that too, since they were really strong and worked as killing machines; just like what the head wanted.


The blue-eyed Sehun caught him off guard and swiftly threw a knife at him. Luhan gasped and jumped to the side by instinct, but it was a little bit too late; the sharp surface tore his sleeve and pierced his skin before sticking on a tree trunk behind him.


Luhan’s exclaim of shock and pain broke out in the air as red substance seeped slowly through the sleeve of his white sweater. He hissed and clutched his arm, growling and glowering at the blue-eyed boy.


"Yah! You're lucky that you're in form of my boyfriend. If you were someone else I would have plucked your head off your body," the deer attempted to bark, which sounded more like a mewl.


Suddenly a third figure jumped into the scene and stood behind Luhan, his hand pressing Luhan’s right on the wound. The baby-faced prince twitched, assuming that he was trapped then, what should he do, he was wounded and had to fight two people. But when he was about to turn around and punch whoever it was that was standing behind him, the person took back his hand and whispered, “There, you’re fine again now.”


Luhan lifted his hand from his wound and found no scars on it; what he saw was only his blood-stained sleeve. He raised his head again to see Lay pulling the knife from the tree trunk and threw it at “Sehun” with a little bit more force, stabbing him right on the chest.


“Thank you,” Luhan flashed a genuine smile at the doctor.


“No problem. I’ve killed twelve so far using their weapons. They also bring some weapons with them, you know? How many have you killed?”


“Twelve already?? I’ve got eight only. C’mon, let’s hunt for more,” Luhan grinned and they returned back to the crowd, leaving the dead body behind.


Meanwhile, underneath the castle's maze inside the dome, Kai was running towards Jaesun’s room while muttering to himself about why he couldn’t just appear right in front of his uncle and how he should train harder later after everything was over. Only if he could survive.


'Of course I will survive. Everyone will survive,' he scolded himself.


Jaesun accepted the pearls and the Heart and immediately locked them in steel boxes inside lockers hidden behind a wall inside a room with sensors and lasers ready to shoot anyone unwanted who walked through them.


Before Kai went back outside, Jaesun had given something to him with a message of, “Give these to Kris hyung, he’ll be more useful with them.”


And so Kai teleported to the outside of the dome and found it much messier than before he had left. He spotted a bunch of Kris fighting each other and more of the tall king scattered everywhere, either they were the enemies or Lulu and Bomi’s duplicates in disguise. How should he find the real one?


He cupped his hands around his mouth and shouted out loud, “Yah, stupid galaxy king! You’re dumb and you think you’re hot but you’re not!! Your face looks like Angry Bird and makes me want to throw you into a pig pen!!”


Kai didn’t have to wait for too long for the real Kris to come to him, because he was already there, standing an inch away from him, face as red as the mentioned Angry Bird.


“Don’t make me throw you off the watchtower. Are you the real Kai or not?” the tall king tried hard to ask patiently through his clenched teeth.


Kai grinned apologetically and scratched his nape, and then suddenly stretched his hand out above the taller’s shoulder and opened a portal behind Kris’ back, swallowing a blue-eyed Luhan into it.


“There, I’ve just saved you,” Kai attempted to change the topic. “Just forget what I said, I didn’t mean it. Maybe. Yeah I did it so you'd come to me. Uncle Jae told me to give you these.”


Kris took a set of shiny metal bow and arrows from the boy’s hands and squinted at him. “Thanks. But if you insult me again I won’t hesitate to drop you from the watchtower like I said.”


“Alright, alright. I won't. Be careful, Big Daddy.”


Kris flew off and watched the chaos from above. He spotted his targets; a bunch of Chanyeols and Baekhyuns cornering his baby panda. He took three arrows from the bag on his back and stretched the bow, aiming the arrows towards three Chanyeols, and then launched all three in one go. They hit the targets right on the spots, piercing them through their hearts.


“Man, I love this bow,” Kris smirked and kissed the bow.


Tao looked up and saw Kris’ silhouette under the moon, floating high in the air. The boy smiled, finding his courage back because of the cupid. He glared at all the dork and dorkette’s look-alikes before jumping over their heads and landed next to a street sign. The panda boy plucked it off the concrete and used the pole as the replacement of his wushu stick. As he swung the pole towards his opponents, he slowed down their movements so they couldn’t dodge the deadly swing.


Having a little bit different position with Tao's, on the other side, those who had destructive powers were starting to enjoy their fight, as if they were doing their regular training with more participants. Chen didn't have to hold back the great wave of electricity and the jolts of excitement inside him that he had tried to keep inside all this time; Chanyeol was literally roasting all the opponents around him; Xiumin was freezing the enemies to the insides just to crush them into pieces after; and Kyungsoo was smashing them with giant rocks he got from breaking the ground after mentally apologizing countless times to the owners of what he was destroying.


Noticing that they were on the weak side, the larger team decided to stop fooling around and change their strategies. The blue-eyed ones left turned around and ran away from the twelve just to begin to destroy everything on their ways.


“Yah, what are you doing??” Sehun shouted at a group of males who were trying to set a house on fire. “Stop it! It’s other people’s house!”


They poured some petroleum - they had found it in barrels somewhere - around the house and Sehun’s eyes widened as one of them threw a lit up lighter into the liquid. Sehun moved his hands swiftly to blow the lighter away, but it was just too late; his wind set the fire even bigger instead.


Sehun stood there stunned, couldn’t believe that he had just let them ruin innocent people’s property. The group laughed mockingly at him and moved to the next house.


“Sehun-ah, don’t just stand there! Stop them!!” he heard his father shout from afar, and soon came a big wave of water killing the fire surrounding the house. Yet, the house couldn't be saved and was badly burnt.


Sehun looked around and found more big flames everywhere. The members of EXO were jumping and running here and there, attempting to kill the fire while also trying to stop the heartless monsters at the same time. They were clearly overwhelmed.


Sehun cringed as soon as he realized something; his kingdom was being torn apart. How would his people react after seeing their houses destroyed? There would be another chaos after this one was over. He couldn't let that happen.


“Sehun-ah, move!!” he heard Luhan scream and the next thing he knew was that he was standing on a roof in front of a furious Luhan.


“What happened to you?? You almost got stabbed! Don’t space out!” Luhan held Sehun’s shoulders and shook him back and forth.


“I-I’m sorry,” Sehun muttered absent-mindedly, his eyes staring into the distant.


Luhan heaved a long breath and exhaled harshly. “It’s not the right time to be sorry, Sehun-ah. Look, everything’s messed up already. Just do anything to get rid of them, okay? Even if you have to destroy things on your way too. We’ll fix everything together later, so it’s okay. Your father said that, did you hear him? I bet you didn’t.”


Sehun shook his head in guilt and lowered his gaze. “Sorry again.”


“Okay, move. Now.”


When Sehun lifted his gaze again, Luhan was not there anymore, so he jumped off the roof and started to run after his opponents. His blank expression slowly turned angry and fierce, and as he stopped abruptly, he swung his arms towards a row of houses, sending a whirlwind that gradually spun faster and grew into an even bigger tornado. It swiped everything on its way; houses, trees, bicycles, bathtubs, even the big statue in front of the town hall. It kept growing bigger and stronger along with his rage. He looked up and saw many of his enemies trapped in the rapidly spinning wind. But he also spotted something else...


“Sehun-ah, put me doooowwwnnn!!!”


It was Baekhyun with his face covered with an oversized bra.


“Pffftt.”


Sehun cackled quietly as he plucked Baekhyun out of his tornado and put him back down on the ground carefully using his smaller whirlwind. Baekhyun fell weakly as soon as his feet finally touched the ground, clutching his chest and gasping for air.


“Hhhheelp, I’m- I- die-“


With his arms still stretched out towards the almighty tornado spinning around meters away from him, Sehun turned his head towards Baekhyun and breathed out softly through his mouth, blowing some wind that entered the older boy’s nose and mouth to make him breathe properly again. Baekhyun’s cough was enough to let Sehun smile in relief and focus back on his work.


Sehun balled his fists, grasping all the oxygen left inside the swirling wind, and added a little bit more pressure to suffocate any living things in there. In a whip he threw his arms to the side, tossing all the contents towards a giant rock wall in the distant.


On top of the wall, a fierce Kyungsoo had an evil smile stretching his heart-shaped lips. He chuckled darkly as he threw one of his short arms up in the air, causing the ground beneath the wall to shake and raise up, forming a huge bowl.


The blue-eyed ones that came from Sehun’s tornado hit Kyungsoo’s rock wall and fell into his giant bowl. His low chuckle exploded into an evil laugh as his “cooking pot” was being filled by itself without him having to walk around and collect all the ingredients like what he had to do every morning in the castle’s kitchen. He frowned when he saw a dead cow and a bathtub falling into his soup though, but then shrugged nonchalantly.


Kyungsoo cupped his hands around his mouth and shouted, “Yah! Is there more?" Some shouts came as the reply.


“Coming!” Kyungsoo looked up at the sky to see Kris coming from afar, carrying Luhan beneath him. The deer prince himself was carrying a big bundle of human bodies floating in the air. When they were close enough, Luhan tossed them into Kyungsoo’s bowl. He grinned and gave a thumbs up before Kris turned around and carried him away again to collect some more.


A portal opened up next to Kyungsoo and the owl-eyed boy perked up in anticipation, but his face dropped when Suho came out of it instead of Kai.


“Yah. Are you not happy to see me?” Suho pouted. He sat down on the edge of the wall and started to fill Kyungsoo’s rock bowl with water. “I’m helping you with your soup. I asked Jongin to open a portal for me.”


Kyungsoo grinned apologetically and sat next to the king, watching as the people inside the bowl were trying to climb out.


“Xiumin hyung, little help here!” the cooking captain shouted.


Xiumin came immediately with Luhan and Kris flying behind him, this time carrying huge ice blocks with frozen humans trapped inside. Luhan tossed them again into the bowl, and then Kris put him down next to Kyungsoo on top of the wall. As he sat down, Xiumin moved his hand in a circular move above the bowl, covering the insides of it with slippery ice so the people couldn’t climb it.


“Is this everything?” Suho frowned. “I thought there were more of them than this.”


“We couldn’t find more. They probably ran away,” Kris replied.


“Or maybe hiding somewhere,” Luhan added.


Soon after a confused Chen came and joined the group. “Where are the rest of them? I can’t find any! Is this over yet?”


“We’ve just talked about it,” Kyungsoo said, “we didn’t see any either.”


Suho stopped filling the bowl and glanced at Chen, “Let’s just finish this first.”


Chen frowned, “Why are you guys making a swimming pool here?”


Some eyes twitched at his rather stupid question but Suho pointed at Kyungsoo’s giant cooking pot and said patiently, “This is not a swimming pool. Can you help us strike them, Chen-ah?”


Chen snapped his fingers and his face brightened up as soon as he got the idea. “Oh! You want me to electrocute them!”


Suho nodded like a proud father so Chen didn’t waste any time and directed all ten fingers of his at the bowl. Strikes of lightning came out from the tip of his fingers and lit up the water. He laughed maniacally seeing all the monsters’ expression, intentionally giving them better shock with higher voltage. He didn’t stop even after the bodies stopped moving and were already floating on the surface.


Feeling something cold on the side of his neck, Xiumin glanced at Chen’s and found his symbol glowing blue. The symbol on his own neck must be glowing too then. He slapped Chen’s head immediately to make him stop. “That’s enough, Chen-ah.”


Surprised, Chen retracted his hands quickly and gave his older boyfriend a questioning look.


“You were going mad,” Xiumin explained briefly.


The group stared at their “soup” in silence, not really sure what to say.


Luhan looked around and noticed something missing, so he slowly asked, “Umm, where are the rest of us?”


The others snapped out of their thoughts and began to count the members present. There were only six of them. They did a quick scan through the ruins of the buildings and found no traces of the other six and the agents.


Horror slowly crept to their faces as the worst scenarios played in their heads like a movie.


“They’re kidnapped!!” Luhan screamed, leading to another screams coming from the other five.


“Sehun and Jongin are not here too! Jun’s going to kill my babies!” Suho sank his face on his palms to muffle his ugly sobs.


“NO!” Luhan and Kyungsoo shouted in unison and hugged each other, trying hard to shoo away the dying scene of their boyfriends off their minds. “What do we do?? We don’t even know Jun’s place!”


Suddenly a dark hole opened up high in the air and a burst of light and fire came out of it, followed by some bodies falling down freely and finally crashing on the ruins.


Luhan hid behind Kyungsoo and peeked through his narrow shoulder. “W-What are they?”


“Aren’t they the rest of us?” Kris got up and flew towards the bodies to make sure by himself. Soon after he rushed back to the group with panic written all over his face.


“They’re dead werewolves!! There are five of them!”


“No, they can’t be!!” the boys shouted back at the king rather furiously. “We do resemble wolves, but we’re not werewolves!”


“They’re not part of us then,” Suho said surprisingly calmly. “Let’s take a closer look.”


They jumped off the wall and approached the dead bodies cautiously. Although Kris had said that those wolves were dead, they shouldn’t take any unnecessary risk, especially when it was Kris who had said it. But apparently Kris was right this time; they were actually dead. The six couldn’t sense the threat that should be pulsing in the air around those bodies.


The wolves were all big and black. They were bigger than normal wolves and looked much scarier; with bigger heads, bigger paws and much sharper-looking claws. The six males could see blood stains on the black fur and some covering their claws.


Suddenly another body fell from the still-opened portal and landed on one of the wolves, shocking the lives out of the six.


“WAAAAHHH!” Luhan screamed along with the others and unintentionally threw the new body away using his mind, getting a loud groan in return. They cringed as soon as they recognized the familiar voice and quickly scrambled to him.


“Kai! Oh my God I’m so sorry,” Luhan lifted all the rocks covering half of Kai’s body and pulled him up to a sitting position.


“It really hurts, hyung! What did I do to deserve it?” Kai rubbed his back and slightly winced at the pain.


“I’m so sorry, I really am,” Luhan blinked several times and hugged the younger boy. “I didn’t mean to do it, please forgive me.”


Kyungsoo touched Kai’s arm gently and said, “He was just surprised. All of us were surprised.”


Kai pouted a little bit but nodded anyways, much to the older prince’s relief. “Sorry for surprising you guys. I was in EXO-M with the other five. They-”


“What?? What were you guys doing there?” Kris cut the tanned boy’s words as soon as the name of his kingdom entered his ears. He stiffened and instinctively grasped Kai’s shoulder.


“Yah, don’t break my shoulder too,” Kai slapped Kris’ hand away and sighed with tired face. “The rest of the army escaped to M when we were busy with some parts of them. Do you recognize your surroundings? This is near the horse field, so M is not far away. I saw you guys handle some of them pretty well here so I teleported some of us to M to stop them. Earlier our own army were on standby around the dome and I teleported half of them too, just to give M's army a hand, but it turned out that they were not really enough to stop those beasts. You know that a moment ago they only seemed to be some strong normal humans and our look-alikes, right? But somehow they suddenly transformed into werewolves and rampaged around the town. Those five that I have thrown into my portal earlier have killed two of our men and feasted on them. Baekhyun hyung and Chanyeol hyung then helped me to kill them. Now please be aware because I told our men to throw all the wolves into the portal I have made there earlier, dead or alive. Normal humans can’t fight werewolves, so we can’t risk our soldiers’ lives. Even if they have weapons in their hands, it doesn’t guarantee anything. Tell you what, those werewolves have destroyed two helicopters and have swallowed lots of guns so far.”


The group gulped and stared at the portal nervously. Suddenly a head popped out from the hole and shouted at the males, "Alert! Alert! The dogs are coming, get ready!"


Chanyeol pulled back his head, which was replaced right away with much bigger one, thrashing and snarling wildly before hitting the ground with a loud crash. That one was still alive for sure. Soon after, the six males had to face a pack of mad living werewolves growling and staring at them with hungry eyes. They stepped closer slowly, saliva dripping from their big mouths, their bared teeth and fierce golden eyes were the only things contrast to their pitch black fur.


"Oh m-my G-God," Kyungsoo stuttered under his breath, his eyes wide and his hands clutching the back of Kai's shirt. "W-What do we do?"


All of a sudden the biggest wolf stood on its hind legs, making itself look couple times bigger, and let out a long howl to the moon. The six jumped few meters backwards to make space immediately, right on time when the pack launched themselves towards them. Xiumin stomped his foot on the ground and stretched out his arms towards the wolves, creating a shield of ice that followed his hands' movements spreading wider into a dome covering six of them. The wolves landed on the slippery surface and began to claw on it furiously.


"Is everyone okay??" The bun asked out loud.


"We're fine," Suho said, "but we can't stay in here forever. Let's get out and fight them when we're ready!"


Xiumin turned his head a little bit to catch a glimpse of the short king's face. He was putting on a determined face, not the usual worried one.


"...Okay, I'll break the shield when you're ready," Xiumin said.


"Wait," Kai interrupted, "there are seven of us here and only five in M. Although our agents are there too, one of us still have to go there through the portal and help them."


"I'll go," Luhan and Kris said in unison. They stared and narrowed their eyes at each other.


"Taozi is there."


"Well Sehunnie is there too," Luhan bit back stubbornly. "I'll go."


"No. I'll go, you stay here."


When a crack finally appeared on the ice shield, Xiumin shouted at the father and son, "Just decide already! It's not the right time to argue!"


"Kris and I will go. I'll tell Sehun to come here to replace me," Suho said, looking at Kris and Luhan to ask for their approval.


"Fair enough," Kris said while Luhan nodded quietly, "but we should hurry up because that means there will be only five here for awhile."


"Very well then."


Xiumin punched the inside of shield and the flat surface outside turned into big spikes right when some of the wolves jumped onto it. They howled in pain as the spikes went through their bodies and the ice became red with blood. Xiumin punched the ice shield once again, causing it to shatter into pieces. The wounded wolves jumped backwards and struggled to get the sharp pieces off their flesh while the rest of them pounced on the males. Kris grabbed Suho and flew up into the portal while the other five started their combat with the wolves.


The boys were soon put in the bottom position; they shielded themselves more than attacking the beasts. The werewolves moved so swiftly and their strength was just overwhelming. Luhan tried to throw them away, or at least just to hold them and strangle them, but it was much harder than he had thought and the wolves would escape his hold rather easily. It really wasted a lot of his energy in such a short time. Kyungsoo also attempted to crush them with giant rocks, smashing them desperately countless times, but in the end the beasts always jumped back on fours everytime. Kai even teleported many massive objects – like the remains of buildings, cars, everything big he could find – upon their heads, but it could only make them limp for awhile before recovering again almost immediately.


“What is this? It wasn’t this hard to kill them few moments ago,” Kai hissed as he eyed the beasts before his eyes cautiously.


Suddenly another wolf appeared behind Kai’s back and jumped towards him with a ferocious snarl, but Chen was faster to strike the beast and make it fall to the ground before it could land its claws on Kai. The werewolf got up quickly and turned to Chen angrily, landing on top of the poor boy when he wasn’t ready yet. Chen pushed the giant wolf’s chest desperately in attempt to get it off of him but the beast didn’t even move an inch, so he transferred the wave of electricity from his body to the wolf’s. It did shock the animal but didn’t make it pull away; it snarled and swung its claws across Chen’s chest instead.


As Chen’s scream broke out in the air, Xiumin ran and pounced on the wolf almost immediately. They rolled around and stopped with Xiumin on top; fists gripping handfuls of fur on the beast’s chest, slamming the bigger body madly against the ground. He sank his fists deeper on the thrashing wolf’s chest that was slowly turning blue. The big black monster’s pupils dilated as its body turned rigid; blue light came out from the hole on its chest and spread all over its body. As Xiumin got up and stomped away madly, spikes of ice grew from the inside of the wolf’s body, piercing all its flesh and skin before finally exploding the beast into shreds. The other four males shuddered at the scene.


“It’s gone,” Kyungsoo muttered in disbelief, “It’s dead.”


Soon after an angry bloody Sehun plunged out of the portal and swallowed the other wolves in yet another tornado, carrying them around on a short tour for awhile as he approached the rest of his group to see their condition. He sat down on the ground next to Luhan, who immediately pulled him into a bone-crushing hug.


A shirtless Chen was lying on the ground in Xiumin’s arms, whimpering against the older’s armpit as Xiumin put his cold hand near the three bloody thick lines on his chest, trying to stop the bleeding with the chill. Kai was kneeling next to the couple and crying out of guilt; he thought Chen had to suffer because he had saved him. Everything wouldn’t have turned out like that if he had been more careful. He took off his shirt and ripped it, turning it into a temporary bandage to cover Chen’s wound.


“I’m so sorry, hyung,” he cried as he handed his ripped shirt to Xiumin. “You didn’t have to save me.”


“I-It’s not your f-fault,” Chen forced a smile, which was gone right away when the fabric touched his wound. He whimpered again and bit his lip to hold the pain, but the tears finally escaped his eyes and slid down his cheeks. His blood kept flowing out and seeped through the fabric even after his chest was completely covered.


Hesitantly, Xiumin put both his hands on Chen’s chest and pressed it lightly to deepen the chill. He had to pretend to be deaf when Chen screamed for him to stop, because stopping wasn’t the right thing to do; he’d lose too much blood. He only fulfilled the younger’s pleas after he was sure the bleeding had stopped. Chen was bawling like a baby; all this time he had thought having that kind of wound wouldn’t hurt that much, because the heroes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter