Having You Back

Be My Prince(ss?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For seventeen years Sehun had lived in the castle, he had always thought that he knew his "home" almost too well.

 

But that kind of belief vanished instantly the next day after he returned back to the castle. He felt like walking around in a foreign place.

 

Kris, Lay, Luhan and Kyungsoo weren't with them. Suho told them that the two boys were being taken care of, somewhere around the castle. But the boys insisted to see them and accompany them, so the king had no choice but to follow their will. He took all of them to his backyard where their famous huge maze was located, and he led them into the maze.

 

"Dad what are you doing? We want to see Luhan hyung and Kyungsoo hyung, not trapping ourselves in this maze," Sehun furrowed his eyebrows. It had been a long time he hadn't played inside the maze, he was quite afraid that he had forgot which way to get out of it.

 

"Yup, that isn't my plan either," Suho nodded and flashed a mysterious smile at the clueless faces.

 

They made it to get to the center of the maze, and they stood in front of the big woman-carrying-a-jug fountain.

 

"Ah, this reminds me of the first day we met, Sehun-ah," Kai grinned and flung an arm around Sehun's shoulders. The latter nodded and smiled cutely.

 

"And.. We're here. Now what, mama?" Chanyeol raised his eyebrows at Suho.

 

Suho put his hand into the bush wall next to him with a creepy grin on his face. After a clicking sound was heard, a buzzing sound came from underneath the ground around the fountain. The ground slowly rose up, along with the fountain on top of it.

 

It was an elevator. A big cube made of thick bulletproof clear glass.

 

Suho pressed his palm on what looked like a hand scanner next to the elevator door. The light on the scanner turned green, and the door opened automatically.

 

"Please get in, everyone," Suho grinned proudly and stepped aside, giving a way for the boys to get inside.

 

They stepped into the elevator while turning their heads around in awe.

 

"Dad why did I not know about this?" Sehun frowned. "I've lived here for seventeen years and I didn't even know our fountain is an elevator."

 

"It's not perfect yet down there. Actually I wanted to show you after everything is done. But I didn't expect we would have the chance to use it this soon," the king explained cheerfully as he pushed a button and the door closed.

 

"What's down there?" The prince asked again.

 

"Important labs, training rooms, infirmary, medical treatment rooms. You'll see them soon."

 

For a while what they could see outside the elevator was the dark walls, but suddenly it became bright. Everything was white around them.

 

They could see some busy scientists walking around quickly like ants in lab coats down there. They could also see the activities going in every rooms and labs through the clear glass covering most parts of the walls. There were rails for the elevator to move across the place.

 

"I'm so screwed for not knowing about this at all," Sehun mumbled in annoyance. His father smiled at him apologetically

 

The elevator moved down until it reached a certain level, and then it moved horizontally into a corridor. It stopped in front of a closed door at the end of the corridor. They all stepped out, and the elevator moved back by itself.

 

Suho pushed a button on the side of the door. He looked up at the security camera and waved at it. After few seconds, the door was opened for them, revealing a small cubicle behind it. Suho pushed the boys inside, still grinning widely. The door behind them closed and they were all packed inside the cubicle.

 

"Suho mama what is thi-"

 

PSSSHHH!

 

They were sprayed with gas from every direction. Their shirts flapped because of that, allowing them to steal glances at each other's bare bellies. But the boys couldn't focus on that right now.

 

"Aaahh! We're being poisoned!"

 

"No way! I don't wanna die here! Heeeelp!"

 

"Calm down kids!" Suho slapped their heads to pull them back into sense. "This is not a poison!"

 

"Then what is this?" Sehun squinted at his father while trying to cover his face and push his flapping shirt down at the same time. Just a second later, the gas stopped and the door at the other end was opened by itself.

 

"Everything needs to be sterile in there," Suho pouted. "Of course your mama won't poison you." The boys cooed and giggled at the remark.

 

"This is supposed to be the infirmary for soldiers," Suho explained, pointing at the beds on the left and right side of the room. "But lately I've changed my mind. Soldiers can use other place. This place will be used by us and us only, for medical purposes."

 

"Oh? Why? I don't think we'll get to use it a lot,” Chen said.

 

"Just in case," Suho smiled. "We probably will. Maybe later. Let’s hope we won’t."

 

At the back there was another door, leading to another corridor with six doors on each sides.

 

"This place has too many doors," Kai commented. "And it looks like a hospital here."

 

"You can say that," Suho chuckled. He approached one of the doors and pushed yet another button to open it.

 

It was like a hospital room, but it looked blue because of the blue led lighting. There was a bed that had Kyungsoo lying down on it, with oxygen mask covering his mouth and nose. His broken arm was bandaged, and his broken leg was covered with a cast. His dirty clothes had been changed into a shirt that looked like a hospital shirt.

 

A doctor was talking to him. But when they entered the room, the doctor finished her explanations and left with a smile after bowing politely at Suho and Sehun. Suho returned the smile, but the prince only bowed slightly while putting on a stern face. That was just how he was to strangers.

 

Kai sat on the edge of the bed and looked at his boyfriend with longing eyes. The others stood around the bed, somehow became unusually quiet.

 

"Soo, how are you feeling now?" Kai asked softly and Kyungsoo's thigh gently. Kyungsoo only blinked at him sleepily.

 

"You haven't said anything, have you?" the tanned boy pouted, lowering his gaze sadly. "Can you talk or not?"

 

Kai felt Kyungsoo's weak unbroken hand trying to grab his. The younger's face lit up. He squeezed the hand gently, his eyes met with Kyungsoo's big ones.

 

"I'm sorry I couldn't do anything to help you, baby," Kai said quietly, his eyes became glassy. "I wish I could do more to protect you. I'm sor-"

 

"Don't," Kyungsoo's raspy voice cut his boyfriend's words. "Don't be."

 

Kyungsoo's lips slowly stretched into a smile, in sync with Kai's.

 

"Ah, yes. Get well soon, Soo," Kai kissed the older's temple. "There's a surprise waiting for you."

 

Kyungsoo looked at him with curious eyes, but didn't ask further about it. He flew his gaze to see the others.

 

"Lu.. Luhan hyung?" He asked, questioning where the deer was.

 

"He's in other room," Suho smiled gently at him. "Don't worry, he's fine again now."

 

"What do you mean 'fine again'?" Sehun furrowed his eyebrows.

 

"Oh, umm.." Suho rubbed the back of his neck. "Something went wrong awhile ago." Sehun widened his eyes and parted his lips, but before he could say anything Suho cut him rapidly, "But there's nothing to worry now, he's okay! We're seeing him after this."

 

The boys tried to interact with the sick boy, but Kyungsoo didn't talk much. Nevertheless, Kai was more than glad to hear his voice again. He had been worried too much about Kyungsoo not talking at all; he even had discreetly thought his squishy boy had lost his ability to talk. Apparently Kyungsoo was just traumatized.

 

After few times of getting blinks as the only response from Kyungsoo, the boys decided to give up and go to Luhan's room instead. Kai left another peck on Kyungsoo's temple before he left with the others hesitantly.

 

"I'll come back here again soon, baby. You can rest now," Kai smiled, making sure the other heard him before he closed the door.

 

Luhan's eyes were closed when the boys entered his room. He looked a bit better than Kyungsoo though. He had a sling holding his arm, the dislocated one that had been fixed by Lay. His broken leg was covered with a cast, and he also had an oxygen mask and some hello kitty band-aids covering his face.

 

"He sleeps a lot," Xiumin giggled. He brushed the hair covering Luhan's eyes aside and poked his cheek. "Hello kitty matches him a lot! Ah, it's been a long time I haven't seen him sleeping so peacefully."

 

"He sleeps well with me," Sehun stuck out his tongue at Xiumin childishly before pushing him out of his way. He glanced at Luhan's face and caught the deer smiling with his eyes closed.

 

Sehun grinned and leaned forward to see Luhan's face closer.

 

"Xiao Lu," he called. "Are you asleep?"

 

Sehun plopped down on the edge on the bed and Luhan's hair gently.

 

"You know, Lu, although we've only slept together few times, I can tell that’s not your sleeping face."

 

Luhan's smile transformed into a big grin and his eyes fluttered open.

 

"Okay you got me," the deer giggled. Sehun planted a kiss on his cheek, creating tinge of pink blush on both their cheeks. Both of them glanced away shyly while trying to hold their lips from cracking into wide grins.

 

"Aish, they're like a married couple! I'm so jealous now," Chen buried his face on Xiumin's shoulder and pretended to sob. "Oh my sad love life." Xiumin jumped slightly at the sudden contact. He fanned himself secretly and breathed in and out, but then he patted Chen's back while blushing furiously.

 

"And you two are like a couple in a clichéd drama," Suho said unexpectedly, causing the other boys to laugh at Chen and Xiumin's stunned faces. After their brains made it to absorb what the king had just blurted out, Xiumin covered his flushed face with his hands, while Chen just laughed it off as he plopped down on a chair and pulled the older to sit on his lap. The others cooed even mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter