An Angel Came to Me Last Night (Baekyeol)

Be My Prince(ss?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The beautiful sky above EXO-K kingdom had turned dark. The full moon and the stars made it look even more wonderful, contrast with the cold weather of a boy's heart who was walking under it. Chanyeol walked slowly back to the castle, his eyes were puffy red. He sniffed and ran his fingers through his messy hair and pulled it harshly. The taste of alcohol was still strong in his mouth. Suddenly he stopped walking and collapsed on both his knees, sobbing silently under a street lamp.


There was no one around since it was midnight already. But suddenly, came a soft shuffling noise from the dark alley next to him. Chanyeol glanced with his teary eyes and caught a shadow standing close to the wall. Whoever it was seemed like that person was watching him crying. Chanyeol was drowned too deep in his own sadness that he didn't care anymore if someone saw him crying, even when the sound of steps were getting louder approaching him.


Chanyeol twitched when he felt warm arms circled his body, covering him from the cold night wind.


"Please don't cry," he heard a soft voice whispered on his ear. "Don't cry alone."


Chanyeol felt water dropped to his cheek, mixed with his own tears. He lifted his head to see the face, and that moment he was sure it was an angel with coming to take his life.


He was probably the prettiest boy Chanyeol had ever seen. The street lamp behind the reddish brown haired boy made him look like he was actually shining. His beautiful eyes were staring into Chanyeol's, and the trail of tears were still visible on his cheeks. Chanyeol's eyes widened when the perfect face came closer to his, allowing themselves to take a closer look of each other's face. Chanyeol could see thin eyeliner on his beautiful eyes. Instinctively Chanyeol raised his hand and brushed the pretty boy's bangs aside to get a clear view.


Without saying any words, the boy took off his glove, revealing his beautiful long fingers, and wiped Chanyeol's tears gently. He also took off his scarf and put it around the freezing boy's neck. He cracked a sad smile before sitting on the ground with his back leaning on the wall.


"Do you feel better?" The boy asked softly.


Chanyeol wide-eyedly stared at him, couldn't believe that the angel hadn't taken away his soul. He stood up to sit down again next to the shorter boy. The boy smiled beautifully at him, made his heart beat faster. He lowered his gaze and started playing with his fingers.


"Wh- Who are.. you?" Chanyeol asked with his raspy voice.


"Me? I'm Baekhyun," he grinned. "And you are..?"


"Chanyeol," he paused. " Chanyeol, Prince Sehun's pet."


Baekhyun widened his eyes. "Pet? You mean..?"


"No, it's nothing bad. He just picked me and now I stay in the castle."


Baekhyun's lips formed a small 'O'. "He likes you then."


They both stayed in silence again. Chanyeol lowered his head, secretly sniffing the scent of Baekhyun's scarf, which he found really addicting.


"Um.. Th- Thank you," Chanyeol stuttered. Baekhyun answered him with a genuine smile.


"Why were you crying?" Both of them asked at the same time.


"Sorry, you go first."


"No, you first," Baekhyun rejected kindly with a smile. "If you want to tell me, that is."


"I.." Chanyeol sighed heavily. "I'm ed up now."


"And why is that?"


"My mom is sick and she's getting worse. You see, she rented a house a bit far from here for us my family. And you know, payi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter