Kyungsoo's Day Off; Giant's Comeback (Kaisoo)

Be My Prince(ss?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good morning, Pororo!"


Kyungsoo grunted when he felt extra weight on top of his body.


"Wake up, Pororo. Wake up. Kyuuungiee. Waaaake uuuup," Kai made weird noises and bounced on Kyungsoo's body excitedly.


A face-splitting grin cracked on his face. Last night Kyungsoo had asked him not to use 'hyung' anymore, and to call him just by his name instead. With that cute blushing face the squishy boy confessed that he wanted them to get closer, which Kai had agreed with immediately.


"Mmm.. Go away, Jongin-ah... Still tired."


"It's 10 A.M. already!"


Kyungsoo shot his eyes open and turned his body quickly to see the bedside clock, causing the other boy to roll off his body.


4.30 A.M.


Kyungsoo shot a death glare to the other, who grinned and sat up straight excitedly like a puppy.


"What has gotten into you??" Kyungsoo smacked the younger's head weakly, then snuggled back against the comfy bed.


Kai's face dropped, his grin turned into a pout.


He lied down on his stomach and put his chin on his hands, pouting at the sleeping face.


"Kyungie~" he whined. "You promised you'd go with me today."


"Mhmm."


"What do you mean by 'mhmm'? You don't want to?" Kai nudged the older's cheek with his nose. "It's your day off. Are you going to stay in bed the whole day?"


"Mmrrfine. Ten more minutes," Kyungsoo mumbled with his eyes closed.


Kai sat up and crossed his arms, sulking like a kid. Kyungsoo wasn't normally that lazy though.


Deciding words wouldn't help, Kai rolled the smaller body across the bed, wrapping him with the sheets like a baby.


Still, Kyungsoo didn't budge at all.


The younger lifted the sleeping boy off the bed and carried him in his arms.


"I feel like a father just now," Kai stared down at the bundle of blankets in his arms and giggled to himself.


He walked away from the bed with a stupid grin on his face. But just after few steps, his foot stumbled on something big on the floor.


"CRAP!!"


He exclaimed as he collapsed and landed face first on the floor, but had successfully thrown the other boy away right in time before he had to crush the squishy small body. The sleeping Kyungsoo flew off his hands and landed on a beanbag chair nearby with not-so-good position.


At least he didn't land on the hard ground.


Kai was about to let out a sigh in relief when Kyungsoo's cocoon slowly rolled off the beanbag and onto the carpeted floor face first, creating a dull thud.


Kai gaped at the idle boy for a good fifteen seconds before he scrambled off to him in panic.


"Kyungie!" Kai rolled Kyungsoo's body to see his still sleeping face.


"Yah, are you still sleeping or dead already?? Talk to me, baby!" he shook the older frantically.


Kyungsoo lifted his heavy eyelids slightly to glare at the younger.


"Go away, you idiot."


"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to throw you away like that," Kai looked at the older boy with puppy eyes and jutted out his bottom lip slightly.


"Are you okay?" he pulled the bundle onto his lap and buried his face on it.


"No. Can you please let me out of... this?" Kyungsoo grunted and squirmed inside the thick blankets. "I can't move."


"Oh I'm so sorry!" Kai panicked and unwrapped the other boy immediately.


He pushed the sheets aside and hugged the smaller boy tightly.


"Kyungie~" Kai giggled. "Don't be mad, okay? I stumbled on something-"


He turned his head to see what had caused him to fall down, and dropped his jaw when he saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun sprawled on each other on the floor.


"Why are these two sleeping on the floor in my room??" Kai approached them and flicked their foreheads repeatedly. "Wake up! Wake uuup!"


"Keep your voice down, Jongin-ah. It's not even 5 A.M," Kyungsoo tugged on Kai's pajamas sleepily.


Chanyeol and Baekhyun cracked their eyes open and looked around confusedly.


"What is it?" Baekhyun mumbled and frowned.


"Why are you here?" Kai pointed at both of them. "Don't you know that you've endangered our life just now??"


"Nope," Chanyeol shook his head and blinked lazily.


"Chanyeol's room is full," Baekhyun rubbed his eyes and yawned. "The others are staying here because it was too late to go home. They're all in his room."


"And you sneaked into our room," Kai crossed his arms and frowned. "Why didn't you just go to Sehun's room? And why were you sleeping on the floor?"


"Stop asking stupid questions," Chanyeol waved his hand and put on an annoyed face. "Of course Sehun's door was locked, and we tried to sleep on your big bed but somehow you kept kicking and pushing us away while you were sleeping. We didn't even take half of your bed."


"Oh.. Sorry," Kai scratched his head awkwardly. "Maybe I was dreaming of playing football again. Yeah I don't know."


"Lame excuses," Baekhyun rolled his eyes, then stood up and pulled Chanyeol to move to the bed.


After taking some winter clothes for himself and the younger, Kyungsoo dragged Kai out of the room and to the bathroom to get changed.


They were going to the hill to see the sunrise.


Kai perked up quickly and couldn't stop talking as he took Kyungsoo to the stable.


"I've asked Sehun-ah to lend me his horse! You can ride Jjanggu-yah," the younger grinned as he opened the door to the stable.


"I've never ridden a horse before," Kyungsoo mumbled. "And your horse is.. big."


"Don't worry, he'll be good!" Kai chuckled and patted the shorter's back.


As soon as they got in, they were greeted by a quite amusing scene.


Monggu and Jjanggu were looking down at Lulu and Bomi, who were looking back at them. Lulu shook her head, then Monggu nodded his head. Bomi the sheep stepped closer to Jjanggu's leg and nudged it with her snout. In return, the brown horse lowered his head and nuzzled the lamb's head carefully.


On the other side, the mares - Amber, Krystal and Honey - were sticking together, looking at the other four animals while blinking lazily.


"Oh look! It seemed like they were having a conversation or such," Kyungsoo widened his eyes and pointed at the animals.


"Funny. Do they even communicate in same language?" Kai shrugged. "It's so crowded here since the others have taken their horses here too."


The tanned fed the male horses and got them ready for the walk, while Kyungsoo busied himself playing with the deer and the lamb. The older even introduced himself to Xiumin and Luhan's horses.


"Kyungsoo-yah, let's go now, we're getting late," Kai said as he fixed Monggu's saddle.


"Okay," the shorter stood up and smiled at Lulu and Bomi.


"Have fun, you two. We're going now," he waved at the two young animals, then jumped on Kai's big brown horse.


They rode their horses side by side in comfortable silence. Kyungsoo was terrified at first, but Kai stayed close by his side, making sure that he'd catch him if he fell down.


By the time they reached half their way, Kyungsoo was already used to it, and he couldn't be happier riding with the other.


The cold winter wind blew Kyungsoo's face and made him shiver. It was getting colder that he could see his own breath turn into smoke.


"Kyungie, are you cold?" Kai asked worriedly. "Do you want my scarf?"


"No, it's okay, I'm fine. Thanks, Jongin-ah," Kyungsoo smiled at the younger, and then shivered again.


"Hold on, we're almost there," Kai pointed at a big tree in the distant.


It was his favorite spot of the hill, from there they could see a view of EXO-K's magnificent white bridge and the frozen Rainbow Lake beneath it with the Water Village at the background.


The two boys jumped off their horses and sat down on a log there.


"It looks like someone has been here before. There are even some firewood left here," Kyungsoo picked up a stick near his foot and used it to draw a doodle on the snow.


"Yeah, I've been here many times," Kai chuckled. "The last time I went here, it was with Sehun-ah. He really liked it here. People don't usually go to this side of this hill. You need to walk around it to get here, like we've just did. Well actually, people rarely come here."


Kyungsoo listened to the explanation with cute amused face, his eyes were as wide as usual.


"That's too bad. The view is really beautiful here," the older pointed at the lake. "Although it's frozen, it's still really pretty."


Like you, Kai thought.


Kai scooted closer to Kyungsoo and wrapped the smaller body in his arms. The older flinched in surprise, but then snuggled comfortably against the other with flushed face.


"It feels different with you," Kai whispered on Kyungsoo's ear. The latter giggled at the ticklish feeling and pushed the younger's face away.


"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" he raised an eyebrow and smirked.


"Hmm, let me think.." Kai tapped his chin with his index finger and narrowed his eyes.


"Maybe it's a bad thing," he then nodded to himself.


"Oh," Kyungsoo looked down sadly and pouted.


"...because it feels too good."


Kai's laugh exploded when Kyungsoo started smacking him on the head.


"Ugh, cheesy!" Kyungsoo turned away and crossed his arms. "You gross. I thought you actually didn't like being with me here. Of course I'm no fun if compared to Sehun-ah."


Kai's gaze softened, his lips formed a small smile. He slowly turned Kyungsoo's body facing him again and cupped the squishy cheeks with both hands.


"Who said you're no fun? Hmm?" Kai nuzzled Kyungsoo's nose with his. "You don't have to be bratty like Sehun and I to be 'fun', you know. No, it's totally wrong."


Kyungsoo could feel the heat rush to his face despite the cold wind blowing around them.


"D-Don't you like being with Sehun more?" he asked timidly and bit his lip.


"I like being with both of you equally."


Kai flashed a warm smile and kissed the other's forehead softly.


"But the difference is, he's my brother and I can have all the time to waste with him. But with you.. I don't want to waste our time. I want to use it with you as effectively as we can. Maybe someday you'll have to go.. Although I don't want it to happen, of course."


Kai caressed Kyungsoo's cheek and stared deeply into the beautiful brown orbs.


"You wouldn't leave, would you?" he asked with his gentle voice.


Kyungsoo widened his eyes as Kai's face inched closer. His heart was beating like crazy.


"I- I can't promise anything," he stuttered, "but I don't want to leave soon. Even later, I guess."


"Why are you so doubtful about it?" the tanned pouted. "Don't you like living in the castle? Or do you not like working there actually?"


"No, it's not like that," Kyungsoo widened his eyes and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter