Gathering

Be My Prince(ss?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hello, welcome!”


“Jongdae hyung! Long time no see,” Kyungsoo threw himself into Chen’s arms.


“Hello, Kyungsoo-yah! You really came,” Chen laughed and ruffled his cousin’s hair. “Thank you,” he whispered and smiled. The shorter nodded and flashed his heart-shaped grin.


“Please come in, everyone!” Chen opened the door widely for the three princes and his cousin. “It’s an honor to meet you all,” he bowed.


A gasp was heard between the four guests.


“It’s you!” Luhan widened his eyes and pointed at Chen. “You’re Kyungie’s cousin?”


“Hello, Mr. Prince,” Chen grinned. “Yes I am. Fancy meeting you here at my house.”


“Aren’t you the ninja who knocked out a guy with your skateboard in front of the castle few weeks ago?” Kai tilted his head and rubbed his chin, looking closely at Chen’s face.


“Yeah I did. I’m not a ninja though,” the shorter laughed. “And by what you called ‘a guy’, I suppose you didn’t recognize that guy.”


“What do you mean?” Kai frowned. “Who was he?”


“Ah, the timing is not right. Let’s just talk about that later, okay?” Chen asnwered lightly as he led the others into his house.


They all sat in Chen’s living room. His house seemed to be empty at that time of the day.


“Can I get something for you guys?” Chen offered.


“Anything’s fine, but please don’t give us that alcohol-like drink I got earlier on the wedding’s day,” Luhan made a disgusted face, reminded of the time when he got a little drunk after he took a shot of that thing with Xiumin and got kidnapped right after.


“Right, it was an experimental drink,” Chen laughed. “Wait here, I’ll get some drinks and a bun for you.”


“’A bun’? Only one? There are four of us here, and later will be six, seven with himself,” Luhan tilted his head and counted with his fingers, but the owner of the house was fast to walk away to the other room without saying anything.


“Let’s just divide it into seven then,” Sehun shrugged, couldn't care less about it.


“Kyungsoo hyung. Your cousin doesn’t have that much of food here, does he?” Kai nudged Kyungsoo’s shoulder with his. He flew his gaze around the room. “He doesn’t look like a poor guy, though. This house is not small at all.”


“No, he’s not poor at all,” Kyungsoo shook his head. “Our grandparents have the biggest farm in the horse field and he spends most of his time there, working and getting paid as the reward.”


“That’s right! Baozi told me that too. He even got a baby deer from him for free!” Luhan snapped his fingers and widened his eyes. Just now he realized this Chen was the one Xiumin had been talking about a lot lately.


“Ah, I kinda miss Baozi and Lulu,” Luhan pouted and sank into his seat.


“You miss yourself?” Sehun frowned and tilted his head at the older prince.


“Maaa..” came a squeak.


“Oh,” Sehun nodded few times before he widened his eyes. “Wait what was that? It wasn’t you, was it hyung?”


Sehun turned his head to see Luhan’s shocked face. He followed the older’s gaze until his eyes fell on a small animal at the other side of the room.


“Lulu-yah! Is that you??”


Luhan crouched down and let the fawn ran to him.


“Oh, it’s really you!” Luhan hugged the deer and laughed blissfully. “I missed you! Oh wait, why are you here?”


“Luhan-ah..?”


Luhan flinched at the familiar voice. He widened his eyes and turned his head slowly to where the voice came from.


Xiumin stood there next to Chen, hugging a stuffed sheep and flying his gaze around the room with half-lidded eyes. He rubbed his eyes sleepily and yawned.


“Chenchen, I’m hallucinating again. I see Luhan standing in your living room,” he chuckled and shook his head.


“Baozi!!” Luhan ran off to his buddy. He squeezed his eyes shut and hugged the shorter boy as tight as he could.


Both Sehun and Chen looked away.


“Mmph..! Luhan-ah?” Xiumin widened his eyes and gasped for air. “It’s you for real??”


Luhan let go of the shorter to look at him with his sparkling glassy doe eyes.


“Yes, I’m here.. I’m sorry I ran away without telling you first,” Luhan cupped Xiumin’s face.


Xiumin gaped at the deer boy, taking his time to let his still-sleepy brain to absorb everything that had just happened.


Instead of smiling happily like what the other did, a frown slowly formed on his face.


“And why didn’t you tell me? More importantly, why did you run away? Didn’t you know how worried I was??” Xiumin couldn’t control his raising voice.


Luhan was too stunned to answer any of his questions. His baozi had never been that mad at him.


“So? Aren’t you going to explain anything?” the shorter snapped impatiently, somehow terrifying the deer in front of him.


“I-I’m sorry, I really am..” Luhan pulled his hands back and stepped backward. “I-“


“It was a mess back there in M, everyone was looking for you,” Xiumin crossed his arms, his frown deepened. “And what are you doing here again?”


“I.. I don’t know how to explain this, it’s a long story.. Please calm down first, Baozi,” Luhan bowed his head, glancing up at the other with pleading eyes.


“No, you don’t-“


“Cut it out.”


Everyone jolted their heads towards the cold deep voice. Sehun was standing there with crossed arms, his face didn’t look so happy.


“You heard him, Xiumin hyung. He apologized already. Why don’t you just sit down and let him explain? Cool your head down, it’s not that easy for Luhan hyung to explain everything so suddenly.”


Xiumin opened his mouth but no words came out. He bit his lip when Chen his back soothingly. He felt like breaking into tears again.


“He’s right, hyung. Come on, let’s take a seat,” Chen whispered softly and dragged him to the couch, joining the others.


Luhan sat back down next to Sehun. He whimpered softly when the younger circled his arms around him protectively.


“You okay?” Sehun whispered worriedly. Luhan nodded and smiled sadly at him.


“I’m fine. Thank you,” the older whispered back to him.


A long painfully awkward silence covered the six boys in the room, until Xiumin broke it first with his stuttering.


“I-I’m sorry, Luhan-ah. I was just worried about you.”


“No, I’m sorry,” Luhan cut quickly.


And with that, the small prince proceeded to tell every details of what happened to him. From the beginning when he eavesdropped his dad’s make out session until when they gathered up there in Chen’s house, with the exception of the activities in Sehun’s room.


And he practically broke into tears in Sehun’s arms, and so did Xiumin. Chen’s arms were surrounding the bun all the time, once in awhile his back to calm him down.


Kai and Kyungsoo, seated in between the four, were like watching a live drama. They were busy being carried away, hugging each other and tried not to cry at the scene. A teardrop escaped the smaller boy’s eye though, but Kai dabbed it away immediately.


After a good hour of the storm inside the house, both Luhan and Xiumin calmed down and decided to just let it go. Lots of apologies were thrown between them, but they ended it with a big hug.


“Okay, so.. I guess the bun can’t be divided into seven then? Good thing we ate a lot earlier,” Kai scratched his head and laughed awkwardly at his own lame joke, just to ease their nerves.


Xiumin looked at the five giggling boys confusedly, but shrugged and brushed it off anyway.


They chatted some more to kill time until they got Chanyeol's message.


"Kai. Got anything from Chanyeol hyung?" Sehun asked, right when Kai's phone vibrated.


Kai read the message and typed the reply quickly.


"Yes, they're done already. And it seems like they've got someone with them. Is that fine?"


"Who is it? We can't bring random people here," Sehun leaned back and crossed his arms.


"Chanyeol hyung didn't say the name. But he said it's a quite important person," Kai shuffled his phone.


"Okay then, fine. If the person disturbs us then we can just kick him out of here," the blonde prince shrugged.


"Meanie," Luhan mumbled and pouted next to him.


"I'll go now. See you guys later," Kai stood up. He ruffled Se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter