Trampoline and Banana Ice Cream (Kaisoo & Baekyeol)

Be My Prince(ss?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a beautiful winter morning and the sun had just woken up from its slumber. The chill in the air made everyone in the castle even lazier than usual; they would rather stay longer in bed and snuggle deeper in their thick blankets than wake up and start their day cheerfully, like what a certain petite boy was doing.


Kyungsoo stretched his arms and inhaled deeply, filling his lungs with the fresh early morning air. He was standing on the balcony outside Kai's room, leaning on the edge, beaming at the sea of white down there. His black hair was still damp from a long, hot shower he had had about half an hour ago. He remembered his mother would always lectured him about how hot showers were bad for his health, but she wasn't with him then, and having one in a cold morning wouldn't hurt, he thought.


He turned his head to see Kai slightly shivering in his cocoon on their shared bed. The big-eyed boy chuckled at the sight before walking back into the room and closing the door to the balcony.


Kyungsoo stood up in front of a tall mirror on the wall to check his appearance one last time before getting out of the room.


Hair, check. Contact lenses, check. Socks, check. Clothes, perfect.


Kyungsoo tugged the collar of his white turtleneck sweater up a bit higher to hide a certain triangle tattoo on his neck. Smiling in satisfaction, he gave a thumbs up to his own reflection on the mirror.


Smiling brightly, he approached his sleeping boyfriend and gave a good morning kiss on his temple.


"Good morning, Jonginnie. It's still early, but don't wake up late. I'll be in the kitchen to prepare our breakfast," he whispered softly on the younger's ear. Kai's lips formed a small smile in his sleep and he hugged his pillow tighter as the melodious voice seeped into his dream.


Kyungsoo walked to the kitchen cheerfully and greeted every servants he met on the way, humming an upbeat song that was stuck in his head lately. The ladies cooed and giggled at how cute the 18-year-old boy was acting.


Kyungsoo entered the kitchen and took his apron, tying it around his tiny waist, and then placed a chef toque on top of his head. There weren't many chefs there, and to be honest he liked it better that way, so he could concentrate and move around freely.


"Hmmm... What's on the menu today?" he tapped his chin and bent down slightly to read the small menu board hanging on the wall. Mrs. Kim had written down several different kinds of food with colorful chalks on it earlier that morning, as she always did every morning; managing the daily food for the royal family.


"Nice. Healthy food," Kyungsoo beamed. He began walking around the big kitchen to gather everything he needed to work on his part.


"I'm growling growling growling at you~" he sang cheerfully as he put a big pot full of water on the stove, proceeded to cut vegetables and meat skillfully, and then threw everything into the pot. He added some seasonings and stirred the content, brought the spoon to his mouth and tasted it, and then smiled in satisfaction.


"Perfect."


After he was done cooking, he brought the food to the dining room carefully and placed everything neatly on the long table.


When he returned to the kitchen to put off his chef uniform, another chef accidentally crashed into him and spilled the content of the glass he was holding.


"Oh, I'm so sorry!" Kyungsoo widened his eyes and covered his mouth, practically got into his panic mode.


"No, no, it's okay! I didn't see you there," the other young chef waved his hands, also in panic. "I'm sorry, I'll clean it now."


"No, just let me do it," Kyungsoo stopped the other's hand and smiled at him. "You go continue what you were doing."


"O-Okay, thank you, Kyungsoo-ssi," the teenage boy bowed deeply at him. Kyungsoo grinned and gave a thumbs up, and then walked away to go find a mop to clean the mess. He found it easily and returned to the puddle, proceeding to wipe it clean while spacing out.


"Kyungie."


Surprised by the deep voice that suddenly appeared right behind his ear, Kyungsoo widened his eyes and jumped a little, causing himself to slip on the wet floor.


As he was falling down, his pupils dilated because of the sudden weird falling sensation, like he was falling off a cliff. He felt his heart beating in slow motion until he finally crashed on his .


He scrambled to the corner immediately and curled up into a ball, covering his head with his arms and began to cry. He was really frightened, he didn't know why; he didn't know why he suddenly remembered that time when he had fallen into the big hole near Baekhyun's house in the wood back then.


His shoulders began to tremble as his sobs got heavier when a pair of arms enveloped his fragile figure, holding him securely. He knew too well whose arms they were, but he didn't even have the courage to lift his chin to see his face.


"Kyungie, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to surprise you," Kai muttered sadly as he hugged the small boy tightly. "Are you hurt? where does it hurt? Please don't cry."


Kyungsoo shook his head desperately, a faint hiccup slipped out his trembling lips. He struggled to stay in his form of a ball when Kai tried to pull his arms off his head, but he gave in when Kai pulled his chin, forcing him to look into his eyes.


Kai crashed their lips together before Kyungsoo could turn away again and he didn't bother to stop until the other's lips stopped shaking against his.


Kai pulled back slowly and opened his eyes to see the other, panting and trying hard to control his breath with face as red as a tomato.


The tanned boy opened his arms and stared at the older softly, waiting for him to give in, which he finally did. Kyungsoo threw himself into Kai's arms and sniffled against his shirt.


"It's not only about slipping on wet floor, is it?" Kai asked with gentle voice. Kyungsoo shook his head weakly as the answer.


"Tell me about it, Babysoo," Kai the other's hair and kissed his head.


"I'm scared," Kyungsoo mumbled sadly. "I fell."


"Oh?" Kai raised his eyebrows. "Could it be that you remembered it again?"


Kyungsoo nodded again.


Kai hummed and kept the shorter's arm, thinking about what he should do to help him.


"Kyungie," he finally said, "I will help you get over it later. How about that?"


"How?" Kyungsoo looked up at him with glistening puppy eyes.


"You'll see. Let's have breakfast quickly so we can do it soon!" Kai beamed and pulled Kyungsoo up immediately. "Oh, but first, we have to change your pants. It's wet, isn't it?"


Kai patted Kyungsoo's , finding the pants damp on that area. Kyungsoo glanced away shyly when his younger boyfriend grinned at him.


"Now let's get back to our room quickly, shall we?" Kai giggled and gently wiped away the tear stains on the other's squishy cheeks with his thumbs.


Kai stood behind the shorter and wrapped his arms around his smaller body. After making sure no one was looking at them, Kai closed his eyes, and poof! They were gone from the kitchen.


Luckily this time, the tanned prince made it to teleport both of them to the right place. Kyungsoo changed his wet pants into a fresh pair of comfortable jeans he got from Kai as a gift. He had got a lot of gifts from him, although it wasn't his birthday yet. After he was done, they opted to walk to the dining room together, not daring to take a risk of getting caught teleporting to the wrong place.


They entered the dining room and joined the royal family (including all of the boys and the former animals) who have gathered there, chatting with each other noisily across the table.


Kyungsoo sat between Kai and Chanyeol and started to dig on his food quietly.


"Waaahh, food thasthy!" Chanyeol exclaimed with mouth full of food. He patted Kyungsoo's back a bit too hard like a proud father. "Chef Kyungie is the best! Baek, you should learn how to cook from him. You have to get your pretty fingers working with kitchen utensils at least just once in awhile."


"Look who's talking," Baekhyun pointed at Chanyeol using his fork while kept munching on his food.


"I'm good at cooking, you know."


"I've never eaten your cooking. Cook with Kyungie tomorrow, then."


"Are you challenging me? Well challenge accepted," Chanyeol shrugged proudly and smiled smugly before turning to Kyungsoo, looking at him with pleading puppy eyes. "Kyungiiiiee, can I cook with you tomorrow?"


"Don't let him, he'll burn the whole kitchen," Sehun interfered, getting nods of agreement from the others at the table.


"Just wait until you eat my cooking, maknae. You might consider replacing Mrs. Kim with me."


Right at the same time, the said lady walked in to bring out more drinks and overheard the tall boy.


"Then you must be really good, young man. How about a cooking match?" Mrs. Kim winked at Chanyeol and laughed when the boy turned pale all of a sudden.


"Just kidding, just kidding," the lady waved her hand.


Chanyeol released his breath in relief and everyone at the table laughed at him.


A small smile found its way Kyungsoo's lips and Kai couldn't be happier to see it.


After finishing their breakfast, Kai and Kyungsoo didn't join the group. Instead, Kai brought Kyungsoo to a part of the castle where there weren't many people walking around. He pushed a double door open and pulled Kyungsoo inside before closing it again.


Kyungsoo flew his gaze around the dark spacious room anxiously. He hadn't known the castle had that kind of room. What was Kai going to do with him there?


Click!


Kai turned the lamps on, and the first thing Kyungsoo's gaze fell on was enough to drain the color from his face.


"Let's use it together," Kai flung his arm around the shorter's shoulders and dragged him to the middle of the room.


"N-No, I don't want to," Kyungsoo shook his head, his eyes bulging out of their sacks.


"Come on, it's just a toy! You'll like it," Kai beamed.


"It's too big for a toy," Kyungsoo bit his lip restlessly.


"Means more fun. Don't be scared, I'll keep you safe so you won't get hurt."


Kyungsoo concluded that the room must be some kind of gymnasium, judging from all the gymnastic equipments. Weird that a castle could have something like that.


But he couldn't care less about it, because then he was being dragged towards a huge square trampoline in the middle of the room. It was surrounded by safety net, but that didn't help at all to the traumatized boy.


"Jonginnie, I don't want to do this. Please," Kyungsoo begged pitifully.


"No, Soo. You will never get over you fear if you never try," Kai replied firmly.


The black haired prince held his boyfriend firmly as he ushered him to stand in the middle of the trampoline. At that point Kyungsoo was already shaking greatly in fear, but he tried to assure himself that Kai wouldn't let him fall.


Standing behind him, Kai wrapped his arms around the small body, holding him securely, and started to bounce a little. Kyungsoo shut his eyes tightly and whimpered as his body moved up and down with Kai in unison.


"That's it, baby. Just relax and bounce with me," Kai whispered on his ear, secretly smiling in relief because the other hadn't tried to run away so far.


Kai kept shaking both of them up and down lightly and steadily until he could feel the boy in his arms starting to relax and getting used to it slowly. He proceeded to bounce harder and higher, bringing their feet off the mat. Kyungsoo stiffened again and covered his face while the other's soft smile transformed into a happy grin because of the fun he was having.


"Come on, Soo. It's fun, isn't it?" Kai said, panting slightly.


"No. You're so mean," Kyungsoo replied with shaky voice, getting a light chuckle from the other.


"Relax your legs and help me jump higher."


"No."


"You know that we won't stop until you get over it, right?"


Kyungsoo didn't budge, so Kai pushed his feet against the mat much harder than before, letting both of them bounce even higher. Every time he landed, he pushed harder and they bounced higher until they flew several feet above the mat. At that point Kai didn't have to struggle hard to bring both of them up, although he still had to hold the other tightly. He laughed, ignoring Kyungsoo's pitiful shrill.


"JONGIN PUT ME DOWN!!" The smaller screamed.


"No. Open your eyes," Kai giggled.


"I can't, I don't want to! I'm scared, get me out of here!!" Kyungsoo began to sob.


"You're scared of falling, aren't you?" Kai asked softly as they kept bouncing up and down.


Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows behind his hands, confused as to why the other had to ask something that he clearly knew. But he nodded anyway.


"Why should you be scared by now? We've fallen together many times so far, but we've gone up again as many times. And you know you're still okay, right? You're not hurt at all. If only you would open your eyes, it'd be easier to get this over with."


High in the air, Kai flipped Kyungsoo around facing him, making him scream, but he quickly pulled him into his arms again.


"Open your eyes and look at me," the prince demanded unequivocally.


Kyungsoo bit his lip and shut his eyes tightly, his arms literally squeezing the younger.


"Come on, you can do it. I'll give you a reward if you can get out of here without being scared of falling anymore," Kai said encouragingly.


Kyungsoo gulped, starting to feel that he was causing so much trouble to the other. He could hear him panting between his words; he must be really tired.


Feeling guilty, Kyungsoo forced himself to look up and open his eyes. His sight was blurry, but after he blinked few times, he could see a sweating Kai beaming brightly at him.


"There you go," Kai laughed happily.


Kyungsoo was too taken aback by the other's face that he didn't even realize they were still bouncing really high.


"Now use your own feet, okay? You're heavy," Kai snickered. "I'll still hold your hands, don't worry."


"But I'm scared," Kyungsoo squeaked.


"That's why we're doing this. Are you ready?"


Kyungsoo inhaled deeply before finally nodding with eyes full of determination.


"Good. I'll count to three and you jump by yourself. Three!"


"Wait, wait! Aaaahhh!"


Kyungsoo screamed again when Kai let go of his waist to hold his hands, but surprisingly his feet moved by themselves, pushing him up along with the other boy. Kai squeezed his hands lightly, telling him to look at him.


Kyungsoo looked up and once again his eyes fell on Kai's glowing smile and laughing face. He stared at him in awe, letting himself bounce in autopilot mode.


"It's not that hard, is it?" Kai chuckled. Kyungsoo shifted his gaze from the younger boy to look around with wide eyes, and weird, he wasn't that scared anymore.


"You're already used to it," Kai said, as if he could read the question in the other's mind. "Now I'll let go of your hands, okay? Ready?"


Kyungsoo gulped and nodded again, and...


Poof!


Kai was gone out of his sight.


Luckily Kyungsoo was still in autopilot mode, so he kept bouncing while he gaped at the sudden loss of the other in his sight.


"Jonginnie...?" he squeaked.


When he went down again, Kai caught his waist immediately to stop him from going up again. Kyungsoo yelped and lost his balance, causing both of them to fall onto the mat.


Kai stiffened and helped the other sit up immediately, afraid that he would cry again and all his effort would come to waste. But then Kyungsoo let out a soft chuckle, which slowly transformed into a laughter.


"It is quite fun," the older said between his laugh.


"W-What? You're not scared?" Kai crawled closer and brought his face closer to the other's, observing his expression closely to find the remains of fear on it, but what he could see was only his big smile.


"Not that much, I guess?" Kyungsoo giggled, light blush crept to his cheeks because of the sudden closeness.


A big grin slowly cracked on Kai's face. He tackled Kyungsoo back down onto the mat and buried his face on the crook of Kyungsoo's neck.


"I'm so happy," Kai mumbled with tired voice and grinned against the other's neck. He threw his limbs across Kyungsoo's body and hugged him like a pillow.


"Don't get it wrong, I'm still a bit scared of height. It's not that easy, you know," Kyungsoo muttered.


"We'll do it again later then. I'm too tired now," Kai sat up and stretched his sore arms, and the other followed suit.


"Sorry you had to hold me all the time," Kyungsoo apologized sheepishly. "You're so strong though."


"Don't mind it. Guess we'll have to take a shower again. Together?" Kai winked teasingly at the older.


"T-Together?" Kyungsoo widened his eyes and looked down immediately in attempt to hide his reddening face, which failed miserably. "I.. I don't know about that."


"Of course you want," Kai laughed and hugged the smaller boy. "I can see it on your face."


"No," Kyungsoo shook his head and covered his face, just to uncover it again immediately. "Can I ask something?"


"Sure you can. What is it?" Kai tilted his head and smiled in curiosity.


"Uh, umm... Why is there a room like this in this palace? It doesn't seem like you people really need it. Or do you?" Kyungsoo tapped his chin, pondering over the thought.


Kai chuckled and shook his head.


"No, no one needs this room and all these equipments. First of all, just so you know, there are more rooms here that may surprise you. Dad got them built for some certain weird reasons, so this is not just a castle. Like this place, actually it's Sehun's 12th birthday gift from dad, especially this big trampoline. He had a weird obsession with gymnastics that time. His body is like noodles, you know. I used to play here with him, and we used to challenge each other to do better flips and other tricks on this trampoline. He was so good, but he's not into it anymore.


Later he decided to take up sword training because of the sword he got from Uncle Jae as his 14th birthday gift. It made me a bit sad because that time I still loved playing here so much, but yeah, I ended up joining him in that sword training," Kai explained and smiled nostalgically.


"Are you still into this?" Kyungsoo asked, smiling genuinely.


"This?" Kai raised his eyebrows. "No, not really. I've never really been into this, I just loved this trampoline so much, and I still do."


Kyungsoo chuckled at the other's grin and his genuine happiness. He looked like an innocent little boy talking about his love for his favorite toy.


"Let's play here often then," Kyungsoo said softly. "You can play here as much as you want and I'll play with you."


"You will?" Kai gaped at the other. "For real?? Like, aren't you still a bit scared?"


"Yeah, but I'm sure I can overcome my fear completely. I'll do it to make you stay happy like this," Kyungsoo smiled shyly.


Kai laughed and squeezed the short boy tightly.


"Don't do it for me, Kyungie baby. Do it for yourself," he pecked the other's cheek. Kyungsoo grinned and cupped his hot cheeks to hold his broad grin from splitting his face.


"Let's go take a bath now, shall we?" Kai stood up and pulled the other up.


"Yes, okay," the older nodded happily.


"Wait let me fix your hair first."


Kai beamed as he tidied up the other's messy hair. They were too preoccupied with each other that they were oblivious to two pairs of eyes watching them silently from the corner of the room.


Those two other mysterious guys walked out of the room without leaving any noises. But, outside the room they bumped into two EXO's puppies; Baekhyun and Chanyeol.


"Kai-yah, Kyungsoo-yah! It's so good to see you guys here!" Chanyeol waved at them.


"Can you guys help us go back to our room? We were playing hide and seek with Chenchen and Xiumin hyung, but now we're lost in this big castle," Baekhyun rolled his eyes and puffed his cheeks.


"Kai" and "Kyungsoo" didn't say anything; they only stared at the puppies coldly before turning around to walk away, leaving the duo puzzled, looking at each other confusedly.


"What's wrong with them? Can't they at least say hi to us?" the unhappy happy virus crossed his arms and crinkled his eyebrows.


"Maybe they're having a love quarrel? Or maybe we have just ruined their secret date," Baekhyun said, and then gasped and covered his mouth. "Oh no, the second one must be true! There aren't many people here, they must be annoyed to see us here."


"Really?" Chanyeol sighed sadly. "Boyfriends."


The two sighed again in unison; for different reasons, actually.


Suddenly the door behind them was kicked open and came out a giggly Kai, carrying Kyungsoo on his back like a newlywed couple.


"Baekhyun hyung, Chanyeol hyung!" The prince greeted the two older boys, grinning ear to ear.


"Hiii," Kyungsoo waved and giggled. "What are you two doing here?"


Baekhyun and Chanyeol gawked at the other two.


"W-Wait, wait. Didn't you- You've just- Aish! No, we saw you walk away and- When did you get in there again??" Baekhyun stuttered and turned his head back and forth with his arms flailing around.


"What...?" Kai raised his eyebrow. "Calm down, hyung. You look li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter