Reunite

Be My Prince(ss?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Dad, we need to talk."


"What is it, son?"


Sehun sat across Suho on a table in the library. The king closed the book sprawled on the table and took off his glasses, then folded his hands and smiled kindly at his son.


He had recovered from his shock after finding out about Sehun's rainbow hair.


"We rarely talk like this. Is there something wrong?" Suho leaned closer.


"Umm.. Yeah you can say that," Sehun glanced away, avoiding eye contact with his father.


"So what is it about?" Suho furrowed his eyebrows, his voice was still kind and gentle.


"I don't know how to start it," the prince confessed honestly. "Uhm.. Have you ever gone to.. Our neighbor kingdom? SHINee?"


"Oh?" Suho raised his eyebrows. "As far as I can remember, yes, I've been there twice. The last time was long ago. Maybe even before you were born. Why do you ask, Sehun-ah?"


"I was just wondering. Because.. SHINee is also near from here, like M, right? So what did you do there?" Sehun crossed his arms and put on an amused face.


"Oh you're right. We're located in the middle of those two kingdoms," Suho smiled and rested his chin on his palm.


"Hmm.. I went there to meet my friends. That time I was still young, I guess I had been a king only for four years that time? Yes, four years. I remember now. It was a year before you were born.


I had a reunion with my friends there. That included Kris, your uncle, and current king and queen of SHINee. Well the 'queen' is also a male though," he chuckled.


Taemin's parents, Sehun thought.


"Oh, you know the king?" Sehun raised his eyebrows. "Do you know the prince too?"


"Of course. Jinki and Kibum are my close friends. They did tell me when they adopted a boy," Suho smiled.


"What I know is that they have two boys now, but they adopted the younger one first. They said they found him abandoned in the woods. How sad," the king pouted.


"Oh, poor kid," Sehun put on a sad face. Of course he knew everything his father was saying.


"So.. No one of his family members have showed up to claim him?" He tried again.


"So far they haven't told me about that. So maybe no? But they told me this boy has a brother, found together. They didn't take both of them though. It would be troublesome. If I'm not mistaken, their other friends took this other boy," Suho explained nostalgically.


"Oh, I see," Sehun nodded and pursed his lips.


They found their own friend's baby! All of this coincidence is just too perfect. If those kings chose to adopt Kai instead of Taemin, it would be even more perfect. They'd adopt their friend's biological son without even knowing about it.


"You had a good reunion there, didn't you?" Sehun cleared his throat and smiled.


"Yes, we partied hard," Suho laughed. "That night we all stayed together in a hotel which had a bar in it. Yeah you know, we were still young back then. But now we don't do those stuffs anymore. Don't be like that, okay son?"


"Sure thing, dad," the prince gave a thumbs up. "Did you meet someone there?" He winked teasingly.


"Ah, why are you like this?" Suho laughed, his face reddened. "Wouldn't you get mad if I did?"


"Maybe? But I guess I wouldn't be too mad," Sehun shrugged. "I feel like I could understand somehow."


"Hmm," Suho nodded and rubbed his chin. "There was this young lady when I was in the bar with Kris and Jaesun. She came and flirted with Kris though. We were drunk that time, so I don't really remember anything. What I can remember is that the next morning I was already in this castle," the king pouted.


"Um.. Are you mad now?" He asked his son carefully.


Honestly, Sehun felt his blood was starting to boil.


That lady must be Taemin and Kai's mother.


"Oh, am I? I don't know," Sehun pouted. "It's in the past though, there's no use of being mad now."


Suho stared at his son with doubt in his eyes. He knew his position back then hadn't been too safe. He even regretted forbidding his guards to follow him and then following Kris' dumb advice to take Jaesun to the bar instead. That time his little brother had been only sixteen and of course they had lied about his age, which had been quite successful.


Since Jaesun looked almost the same as him; only a bit taller back then.


"I'm sorry, son. I admit I was being stupid back then. I hope I didn't do something bad."


Sehun looked away and pursed his lips.


"I hope so," he nodded. "Are you busy now?"


"No, I'm free until this afternoon. What's the matter?"


"Good," Sehun heaved a long breath. "Because I have some guests for you."


Before Suho could ask further, Sehun stood up and walked to the door. He opened it, giving a way for four people to come in.


The prince led them all to sit on the big round table in the middle of the room, where Suho had revealed his power to Baekhyun and Chanyeol few days ago.


Now Suho was starting to hate that table.


"Please sit here, dad," Sehun pulled a chair for his father.


The king sat down obediently between Sehun and Kai. Across them there were three other people.


But Suho couldn't take his eyes off the only woman in the room. He recognized her face. She was way too familiar.


"Hello, Your Majesty," the three bowed on their seats.


"Hello, good day," Suho cleared his throat.


"Dad. That is Taemin, SHINee's prince," Sehun pointed at Taemin.


"Hello, it's an honor to meet you," Taemin flashed a big grin at Suho. "I was adopted by SHINee's king."


Suho's eyes widened to the size of Kyungsoo's.


"You are..?" he whispered, then snapped his head towards his son. "Sehun-ah. I thought you didn't know him?"


The prince just shrugged and pointed at the other unfamiliar tall boy.


"Oh, that's Minho hyung, my big brother," Taemin introduced Minho to the king.


"Yes. I'm adopted too," Minho gave his usual charming smile.


"And lastly.. This is my mother, Yuri," Taemin motioned his thumb towards the woman sitting between Minho and him.


"Hello, it's nice to see you again," Yuri smiled kindly at the king. "I can see that you still remember me."


"Yes," Suho nodded and furrowed his eyebrows. "You're the lady from the bar."


"Dad," Sehun sighed and put his hand on Suho's shoulder, "Look at him."


The prince motioned his chin towards Kai. Suho did what he was told to, and he saw Kai squirming in his seat uncomfortably.


"..and him," Sehun pointed at Taemin, who was sitting next to Kai.


"Do you see something?"


Suho took his time to look closely at the two faces.


"Oh.." His eyes widened. "They kind of look alike if you see them from different angles, don't they?"


Kai didn't style up his hair as usual, so his bangs fell on his forehead. It made him look more like his brother with that almost same hairstyle.


"Yes. In fact, we are brothers," Taemin grinned, didn't even try to look a bit mor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter