We Are Brothers

Be My Prince(ss?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Brother! Long time no see, I missed you a lot."


The black haired boy lowered his head and kissed the boy beneath him on the cheek.


Everyone gaped at the scene. Just few seconds ago the unfamiliar boy came all cool and charming, and now he was straddling his 'brother' on the ground like a puppy.


"You're more handsome now, Jongin-ah," the boy stood up and helped Kai up.


"Look at you! y and charming and all," he scanned the tanned boy up and down, then flashed a big grin.


Kai blinked at him few times with wide eyes.


"Kai. You have a brother?" Sehun asked behind him. "Why did I not know about this?"


"Uh.." Kai shifted his gaze from the boy to Sehun, then back to the grinning boy again. "I don't know who he is."


"Yeah that's true! He doesn't know who I am. But Jongin-ah, I know who you are now!" The boy grabbed Kai's shoulders and shook him back and forth.


"Wait, wait.. Taemin-ah..? What do you mean? 'Now'? You don't know who I am," Kai stopped the hands and furrowed his eyebrows.


Sehun crossed his arms, his face didn't look too amused by the weird talking between the two.


"Can you two please explain what's happening here?" Sehun said with flat voice.


"Oh I'm sorry! I forgot to introduce myself," the boy bowed deeply. "My name is Lee Taemin, I'm from the kingdom of SHINee, and I'm Jongin's brother!"


Everyone dropped their jaws and widened their eyes.


"He's right, their faces look like brothers!" Luhan pointed at the two faces.


"Oh hello! You must be Prince Luhan from EXO-M," Taemin waved and grinned at Luhan.


"You know me??" The deer boy gasped and covered his mouth. "Am I really that famous..?"


"Of course! I know you from my dads. Oh, and they also told me about Prince Sehun," Taemin pointed at Sehun.


"Dads?" The youngest furrowed his eyebrows. "You're weird. I've been friends with Kai for ten years, but I've never heard about you even once. Moreover, if you're his brother, why are you from SHINee? Kai is from here, and his dad is only one."


"I'm not weird though," Taemin pouted. "I can explain about that if you want. Actually, I came here to talk with my brother. But it's okay if you want to know about this too."


Kai, the subject of their conversation, looked as confused as ever. It seemed like he wasn't able to absorb what was happening.


"Let's get inside, everyone. It's getting dark. You get in too, Taemin-ssi," Sehun turned around and grabbed Luhan's hand to walk back inside.


Taemin gasped and widened his eyes.


"Me? Into the castle??" He pointed at himself, then jumped around excitedly. "Ooo awesome!"


Kai tried to catch him and pulled him in along with his huge horse.


"Isn't he cute?" Luhan cooed and turned his head to catch a glimpse of the boy. "I also want to have a real brother."


"He's weird," Sehun shrugged.


Sehun went by himself to find his father, to tell him about their guest, but the king was nowhere to be found. So he decided he'd just take them all to his room.


"Waahh this room is so big and classy!" Taemin flew his gaze around the room in awe.


"Why are you acting like this, Taemin-ah? It's not like you're not used to be in a castle," Kai furrowed his eyebrows.


"Yeah, but this is different! My room is more colorful, but this room looks so elegant. I like this place," the shorter boy nodded and grinned.


"Oh look, a teddy bear!" He pointed at the big stuffed animal on Sehun's bed. "How cute!"


The other boys looked at Sehun with weird smiles on their faces.


"What? It's my old stuff, Luhan hyung found it in my closet and played with it."


The boys giggled, didn't buy the youngest's excuses.


They were sprawled around the room, on the bed and on the floor, making themselves comfortable.


"So, please explain yourself?" Sehun cleared his throat and smiled at Taemin.


The latter smiled and flung his arm around Kai's shoulder.


"It's been a long time I haven't seen him. When he said he didn't know who I am, he wasn't lying though. What he meant was, he doesn't know what kind of relationship we have between us. I didn't know either. But now I know, and I came here to tell him about this," he bowed his head and smiled.


Kai widened his eyes and looked at the boy next to him in disbelief.


"Don't tell me..?"


"Shush let me explain this. So, it was like this," Taemin leaned forward and everyone scooted closer.


"My dad said, when we were still babies, someone left both of us near the woods between EXO-K and SHINee. It was dangerous, you know? We could've been eaten by the foxes. So that time my dads and Jongin's parents were going hunting, and then they found us in a box. There were only a paper with our names written on it and a cheap-looking necklace, nothing else. Then they picked us up and took care of us together.


After awhile they decided they couldn't do that forever, sticking together as four and taking care of two random babies. No one came to claim us, so they decided they'd adopt us. My dads took me, and Jongin was taken by his current parents now. My dads are from SHINee, while Jongin's are from K. After a short while they couldn't meet up really often again because of my parents' job. Since then Jongin and I were separated. I've visited him twice though, when we were five and seven. We got so close that time."


Taemin finished his story with a big grin, but everyone only gaped at him.


"I'm done explaining," he said, still with a grin on his face.


"Your life is a drama," Chanyeol responded first.


"It is," Kai and Taemin answered in unison, but with different expressions.


"So you guys are twin brothers?" Baekhyun asked.


"Their faces are not same though," Kyungsoo pointed at their faces.


"That's what I don't know," Kai shrugged. "We were found together, but who knows? Maybe we're not actually brothers. You got it, right? If you found two babies in the woods, how could you be sure that they were brothers? It could be that they came from different families but were thrown away together. And how would you know who's older or younger?"


"That's right," Luhan nodded. "Babies look the same."


"Kai, why didn't you tell me about this?" Sehun frowned. "It's an important matter and I didn't even know that you're adopted."


"I've never thought of telling you about it, I'm sorry. And I thought he wouldn't show up again," Kai bowed his head in guilt.


Taemin looked at Sehun and Kai confusedly.


"Jongin-ah. Is he your boyfriend?" Taemin nudged Kai's arm and pointed at Sehun.


"What?? No!" Kai widened his eyes, then looked at Sehun in panic. "I- I'm sorry, Sehun-ah, he-"


"It's fine, it's fine," Sehun waved his hand and chuckled. "Ah, I'm just surprised that there's something that I didn't know about you. I thought we couldn't be any closer. But it's okay, don't feel bad about it, I understand," he nodded and smiled.


Kai bit his lip and looked at Sehun with sad puppy eyes.


"I'm really sorry."


"I told you it's fine."


Awkward silence covered the room.


"So what do you know now?" Kai broke the silence and glanced at Taemin.


"Oh, about that.." Taemin cleared his throat and bowed his head. "I.. Met our biological mother."


The other six gasped and scooted closer.


"Tell us about it," Sehun furrowed his eyebrows.


"Wait. No. How did you know it was her?? She could be a random woman claiming you as her son!" Kai freaked out.


"But she knew you!" Taemin's voice got louder, his face suddenly looked tired. "No one in my kingdom knows that you're my brother except my dads. And I've had a talk with her. She had a proof."


Kai only stared at his brother and shook his head in disbelief. The atmosphere in the room tensed up and no one dared to speak, beside the two brothers.


"Look, you need to trust me this time," Taemin took Kai's hand and squeezed it gently. "It was really her. And she told me a lot. You know I'm not stupid, right? She knew too much if she was really lying. Moreover, her face looked like a mixture of ours. You'd agree with me if you saw her."


Kai sighed and rubbed his face.


"Fine. Spit it out."


"Oh? You're really giving me a chance?" Taemin raised his eyebrows, then pumped his fist in the air. "Awesome! Thanks, Jongin-ah!"


"Hurry up before I change my mind," Kai glared at the other.


"Okay. So.. First, she came to me when I was hunting with Minho hyung. Wait. Do I have to explain everything to the others too? Like, about my dads and others?"


"Go on," Kai nodded and the others stared intently at Taemin.


"So, um.. My dad, his name is Lee Jinki, and another one is Kim Kibum, but he's more like my mom, you can say that," Taemin started explaining, and the others kept nodding at him.


"They were already boyfriends when they adopted me. They also adopted another boy later, his name is Minho. Minho hyung. My dad.. He was still a prince that time, but now he's the king of SHINee," Taemin bowed his head and rubbed his arm timidly.


"What? So you're actually a prince??" Luhan sat up on the bed and pointed at the boy sitting on the floor.


"Yeah. I won't be king though. Minho hyung will," Taemin shrugged. "I was so glad when I knew my brother also lives in a castle."


Kai and Taemin smiled at each other.


"Um, yeah, so I was hunting with Minho hyung in the woods. Then on the way home, still near the woods, a woman came to us. She called me, 'Taemin-ah?' I was really surprised. She called me like that. Then she told me right then and there, she was my mother and she had been watching me from afar all this time, and that she had always wanted to talk to me and she couldn't hold it anymore. So Minho hyung asked her to go with us to the castle."





Flashback


Minho led Taemin and the unfamiliar woman to the guest room with worried face. He glanced at the shorte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter