A Hidden Wound

Be My Prince(ss?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Channie, I'm scared."


"I'm here, Baek. Don't worry."


"What will they do to me?"


"I don't know. But I won't let them hurt you."


Baekhyun put his head on Chanyeol's shoulder and pouted. They were sitting on a comfy elegant sofa in a round spacious room with tall bookshelves around them, also an old antique clock, some tables, more comfy chairs, and other expensive looking accessories, all arranged neatly and elegantly. There were just the two of them. Mrs. Kim had come earlier to ease their nerves with some hot mint tea, which was pretty effective, but then she left immediately. The king had asked the other boys to leave, because he and Jae Sun wanted to talk alone with the small boy. But Baekhyun insisted to keep Chanyeol stay with him, so Suho had no choice. The small boy wished he could just run away, but there were two guards standing outside the door. There was no way out.


After going away to finish some other stuffs, the king and his brother came back to the room. The two puppies tensed up and straightened their bodies, looking at the two men cautiously. Chanyeol held Baekhyun closer instinctively.


"Easy, boys," Suho laughed lightly. "Don't worry, I just want to talk. It's nothing bad." They sat down across them.


"Why- Why do you have to talk to me, Your Majesty? I mean, do I even know you personally?" Baekhyun asked with shaky voice, but still politely.


"Oh, you really don't remember us then?" Jae Sun smiled softly. "We've just figured it out, Baekhyun-ssi. Yes you aren't the person we looked for, but you have a really strong relationship with him. And we've met before."


"Yes that's right. That time you were still very small. But now you've grown up a lot," Suho grinned. "You look exactly the same as him that time. So pretty," he folded his hands together, afraid that they might move by themselves and touch the boy's face again.


I'm not a pedo like Kris, he thought.


Jae Sun cleared his throat and glanced at his brother. "He meant handsome, pardon him."


Baekhyun bowed his head and blushed, but inside his head was a chaos. He took Chanyeol's hand and squeezed it.


"Excuse me, but.. Who is that 'him' that you mean?" Baekhyun let go of Chanyeol's hand and took his cup to drink the rest of his tea, feeling his throat getting dry.


"You really don't know?" Jae Sun raised his eyebrow.


"It's your brother," Suho answered lightly, but enough to make Baekhyun almost spit out his tea. Fortunately the boy could hold it in.


"My.. My brother, Sir?" He put down his cup with trembling hands. His eyes got widened double times. "Wh- Where is he..?" he asked with inaudible voice.


"So you do remember about him." Suho and Jae Sun bowed their heads sadly. "That's the problem, son. We don't know where he is."


"Your brother, Byun Baekbeom, he was a really smart guy. A young professor. That time he was still 20 but he played a huge role to our kingdom. It was 9 years ago.. Our kingdom was in danger but no one knew about it, besides me, Jae Sun, EXO-M's King Kris, your brother, and few other people. We asked for his help, and we made it to solve everything in time. But just after everything was over, he left without leaving any traces. We.. We had tried to do everything to find him.. but we failed," Suho sighed and buried his face in his hands. "He brought you with him once to our lab, that time you were sick and he couldn't leave you alone. He was a really good young man."


Baekhyun was stoned with his eyes wide opened. Chanyeol gasped when his brain made it to absorb the information, then immediately pulled Baekhyun into his hug.


"I'm so sorry to hear that, Baek."


"B-But I.. He said.. I.." Baekhyun stuttered, his tears were starting to prick his eyes.


"Have you been waiting for him all this time, young man? It's been such a long time.. And when I saw you I thought he was finally back to us," Suho approached and hugged him tightly.


Slowly all Baekhyun's childhood memories ran back into his head, opening the old wound in his heart again.




"Baekhyun-ah, listen.. Hyung needs to go now, you have to take care of yourself, okay? I have left a message to Mom and Dad to come here. Just do what they say, got it?" Beom kissed Baekhyun's forehead and let his lips stayed there longer.


"But, hyung.. Where are you going?" the 9-year-old Baekhyun asked innocently. "I'll be alone until Mom and Dad come then," he pouted.


The young man crouched down and cupped Baekhyun's chubby cheeks. "There's something really important I need to do.. I'll come back as soon as possible, if everything goes right. I believe you're a strong and brave boy, Hyunnie. Look after this house, okay? Can you do it?" Beom poked his little brother's nose and smiled gently. He pulled out some sweets from his pocket and gave it to him.


"Here's some candies for you, as a reward. You like sweets, right?" He grinned.


"Yes! Thank you, hyung," Baekhyun smiled and circled his tiny arms around his big brother's neck, then immediately took his reward and put them in his own pocket. "I'll take care of our house for you, hyung. Promise me you'll come back soon. Pinky swear?" He reached out his little finger in front of Beom's face.


The pretty faced young man stared at his brother lovingly. His eyes showed love and sadness at the same time. He didn't want to leave. Deep inside, he knew he couldn't promise anything to his little angel. But seeing the cute smile on his brother's fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter