Chapter 26 Cuddle

Near To You - Nu'est

"Did you really kiss JR?" Erica could feel the touch of his hand, Baekho sat next to her on the bed. She had buried her face in the pillow, Baekho was her back. She didn't really know what to answer. If she said no, she'd be a liar. If she said yes, she'd be asked why she did it. And she had absolutely no answer to that. She did it because she felt like it, but then again, what was so damn special about a kiss on the cheek? She was getting kind of sick of these standards. 

"On the cheek, yeah," she mumbled. He kept on her back, she enjoyed his touch. It seemed to redeem her head ache, that had become more severe after a few hours of extra sleep.

"Here. I thought you could use it." She looked up, he handed her a glass of water and an aspirin. She sat up, pretending she didn't see him glare at her chest. Boys will be boys, right? She took the medicine with a silent thank you, and after she had taken it, she sank down in the sheets again.

"Bakho-ya?" She asked. It had become easier using the Korean salutations.

"Yes?" 

"Is Aron still mad at me?"

"No, not really. He understands now what happened, so he is not angry."

"Good. It was all your fault." Baekho raised his eyebrows. He knew she meant it, and he was very curious to hear her logical reasoning that lead her to that conclusion.

"My fault?"

"Hmm. If you didn't have such an amazing voice, I would have never gotten out of bed to listen. I would have never entered your room without wearing decent clothing and I definitely wouldn't have slept next to you. Therefore, it's all your fault Aron thought we had something going on." Baekho thought about it for a moment, and somehow, and a very freaky, twisted way, she was right.

"I apologize for my irresistible voice," he said with a playful grin. She noticed his unmistakable sarcasm and hit him with her pillow.

"Auw! Stop it!" He laughed while he was blocking her hits every time again.

"Not until you have given me a token of your will to be forgiven by me!" She said dramatically. Baekho smirked.

"As you please, your highness. This humble peasant is asking his queen for forgiveness!" He bowed and kneeled by her bed in such an overacting way she couldn't help but burst into laughter.

"I know what your quest will be, young man!"

"Anything to please you, your majesty." She gestured to come closer, when his nose nearly touched hers, she whispered softly to him.

"Please, Baekho-ya. Would you lay down next to me and hold me close like you did this morning? I really like the way it made me feel." She seemed almost embarrassed to admit it, but it was the truth. Baekho's embrace had made her feel safe, like a caterpillar in a cocoon. Sleeping safe and sound, waiting for a moment to wake up and break free, more majestic then anyone could have expected. Baekho was her cocoon. For a moment, he just looked at her, and she was afraid he'd laugh at her. But then he smiled.

"Of course I will, noona. I liked it too." He lifted the blankets, settled next to her and she immediately crawled up against him. She couldn't help herself, she had to feel his arms.

"You are so strong," she said while his broad shoulders and firm arms.

"You like strong men?" She thought about for a minute. Jake was strong too. He had always been a footballplayer, but she didn't feel that safe around him the ast few months. He get really scary when he didn't get his way, flexing his muscles towards her as if it was a threat. It probably was.

"Only if they use their strong arms to protect me, and their soft hands to caress me," she finally said. Baekho nodded. He knew what she meant. She as so fragile, she could be easily beaten up. He sincerely hoped she would find her strong, caring man one day. Until then, he'd be there for her.

"Why did you kiss JR and not me?"

"You weren't around, JR was."

"I'm here now." She snickered.

"Too late, buddy. I'm not drunk anymore. Better luck next time."