Chapter 47

Near To You - Nu'est

She could not believe it. Her first day at work so far had been an absolute disaster! She was sent to get some towels, she got lost in the building and eventually she had to call Aron to come and find her. After that, she managed to spill all the food, by simply walking into the table and knocking it over. Next, she had mistaken the photographer for a creeper when he wanted to enter the dressing room to check if the boys were ready yet, and then, she nearly set her own hir on fire when it blew into her face as she tried to light her cigarette in an attempt to calm her nerves. 

The boys had the time of their lives, even though they felt a little bad for Erica, they found most of the things she did to be hilarious, and they had been laughing all day. But she didn't see the fun of it at all, especially not when she thought about the fact that the president might come and see how she was doing later today. She was terrified that he would fire her, at her first day!

"Yah, noona." Baekho sat next to her on the balcony and took her hand. He out his fingers between hers and gave her a little pinch. 

"You're gonna be okay," he said with his soft, reassuring smile.

"Yeah, sure," she huffed. He didn't give up trying to cheer her up, he wanted her to be happy and let go of her worries.

"You're doing a good job," he tried.

"Of course I do, besides getting lost and setting myself on fire," she said while she inhaled the smoke of her (third) cigarette. He tried to contain himself, but he could not help the little smirk that escaped from his mouth.

"What?" She asked.

"You are a total disaster!" After saying that he burst out into laughter, and it was so contagious that she even smiled and giggled a little.

"It's so pathetic," she said while burying her face in his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around her and patted her back, while both of them were still laughing. 

"Maybe it's just the nerves," Baekho said after a while, "It'll get better in time."

"I hope it does, your management might seriously regret hiring me."

"Yeah, manager hyung is getting a little desperate," Baekho said, "but don't worry, after lunch, all you'll have to do is cheer on us when we're on set and be our biggest fan." She smiled.

"I think I can do that," she said, "after all, who loves you guys more than I do?" She dropped her cigarette on the floor, and suddenly Baekho held her tight. He gave the best hugs in the world.

"Thanks, Baekho," she whispered, "I really needed that."

"I know. Any time, noona. You know you're my favorite." He let go of her, then tapped her nose.

"Come on, you haven't eaten anything yet."

"I'm not really hungry."

"You could've just told us, instead of knocking over the table." She looked at him in indignantly, he tried to hold back his laughter.

"Yah!"