Chapter 22: Night Life

Near To You - Nu'est

Erica was totally excited when the boys had agreed to go out with her. She was digging through her stuff, but secretly she already knew what she wanted to wear. Her favorite red blazer and matching heels. But she didn't want to dress all to edgy. She had no idea how people were around here, or what the standards were when going out. She had to play it safe, so she decided to wear something simple and casual.She never used much make up, but she wanted to look stunning in all simplicity. She used foundation and drew a black line on her eyelids, making them more asian-like, she giggled when she realized that. Some mascara and lipgloss, and she was ready to go. 

"Noona? Are you ready?" She heard Ren say after a knock on the door.

"Come in and you tell me," she said while smiling at her reflection. He opened the door, smiled widely when he saw her.

"You look gorgeous," he said, "we will have a hard time keeping guys away from you." She turned around, and she had to admit that she was aready feeling a lot better than the past few days, and she only been preparing for going out. This would be the best night ever.

"Come on, let's go." Ren offered her his arm, she took it with pleasure. When they entered the living room, the conversation fell silent. Aron looked at her feet.

"Not those heels!" He wailed, "they make you as tall as I am!"

"You're not tall," Minhyun said with a grin. Jr and Baekho were just staring at her. She was dressed so casually, but still she looked amazing. She turned around for them, after that it was Baekho who took her arm.

"You need a strong, muscular man to protect you tonight," he said with a wink towards her.

"I know, right. Do you know any guy like that?" She asked with the sweetest voice. He looked at her in disbelieve, then pouted like a little boy.

"I'm kidding, Baekho, you can me. As long as you don't get too clingy. I want to know if I'm still highly regarded, and other boys might be intimidated if they think you are my boyfriend."

"Believe me, you are,' JR mumbled. She probably wasn't supposed to hear that. They left the dorm en took a taxi to a place Aron had chosen. He took one of the safer, more decent places for her to walk around. She was vulnerable, both physically and emotionally, and he didn't want her to get hurt in any way. He would be keeping an eye on her, they all would, and Baekho would indeed be her 'bodyguard'. He wouldn't admit it, but he was very worried about Erica if it came down to it. 

 

The streets were crowded, she looked around like this was the first day of her life. Technically it was, at least the first day of her real new life. The life where she was trying to move on without Jake, as an independant young woman who could take care of herself. She was still holding Baekho's arm, and he was giving death glares to every guy passing her without her seeing it. They shouldn't even dare to just look at his noona! But they did, and it was something the others noticed too. And they had to say it worried them a little.

 

It didn't take long before Erica got her first drink offered, and she smiled at the young, handsome man. He was almost as tall as Minhyun and had a wide smile.

"Where are you from?" He asked her, leaning in closely as there was a lot of noise from the music and the people around.

"I'm from LA," she told him in her best Korean.

"You speak Korean very well," he said, "Are you here with your oppa?" She had no idea what to answer. It seemed kind of careless to tell him she was single, she didn't know him.

"She is with me," Baekho said while taking her hand. He weaved his fingers with hers and gazed at the young man who was obviously flirting with her, and she was obviously not realizing it.The guy grinned.

"Nothing wrong with a little sharing, right? I can show you a lot about Korea," he then said to Erica. Baekho stood in between them, raising his shoulders en flexing his muscles.

"Find another girl," he snarled. The other guy raised his hands, then turned around.

"Baekho, what are you doing? He was nice!" Erica said, a little annoyed by his protectiveness.

"I heard those girls talking about him. He has a thing for tourists.Hhe takes them home for the night, and kicks them out the next morning. I don't want you to get hurt."

"I can take care of myself." She pulled his hand away from his and starting dancing in the crowd. Baekho let her, but he would surely keep an eye on her.