Chapter 48

Near To You - Nu'est

It was weird, she never thought she'd have to, but Erica had to admit that Baekho was right. After lunch, all the difficulties had disappeared. She managed to let go of her stress and did her best in supporting Nu'est through the photo shoot. She had been so focused on them that she hadn't even noticed someone watching her closely. She spent the whole afternoon helping the boys change, making funny faces at them so they'd laugh sincerely and be all over the place to get them drinks and such. The man that was watching her, seemed very pleased with her actions.

"You were right," he said to Nu'est manager, who was obviously trying to hide the trembling of his legs, "she really does make them lighten up. Like a big sister. She can stay. Send a message to the press that she now belongs to the crew surrounding Nu'est, so they won't get any wrong ideas." Then he walked away, without Erica even noticing him. 

"Ren, please, you look like a spoiled blonde girl who just got a car in the wrong color for her birthday!" She yelled at the boy, and he immediately started laughing. The photographer was obviously very pleased with such expressions. He had worked with Nu'est before, and there hadn't really been difficulties, but this time things went very smooth.

 

"Erica-ssi, can you please come over here?" She looked up at the manager, and suddenly she felt all the nerves rush back. She hid her shaking hands behind her back as she walked up to him, smiling politely. 

"Yes, Ahjussi?" She asked while making a little bow. It was weird for Aron to see how she had copied the way of living and interaction in such a short time. He pretended not to be listening, but he didn't miss a single word.

"We have watched you for a little while now," the man said, causing Erica to hold her breath. This is it, she thought, he's going to tell me they don't need me after all.

"You have made a few mistakes. Are you aware of that?" She nodded her head and stared at the ground.

"Yes, Ahjussi," she mumbled. She knew what he was going to say, but it as still hard to wait for him to go and actually say it.

"But over all, you are doing a good job. Welcome to the team."

"I understa- Wait, what?" She forgot about the politeness while looking at the man, her jaw dropping.

"You're hired. The President was very pleased with your work."

"He was? I AM?! Thank you so much!" She didn't resist the urge to hug him, and the poor man was slightly shocked when the young woman let go of him. 

"ARON!!" She screamed, "I'M IN! THEY WANT ME TO STAY!"