Chapter 45

Near To You - Nu'est

Ever since Aron and Erica had made up, things went smoothly in the dorm. She had told Yung Woo that Aron had changed, and he said he understood. The two guys had not seen each other anymore, even though he had picked Erica up for a date three more times. Aron hd always been wishing her a good time, and he had listened to her heart fluttering stories afterwards. He was being a good friend, even though he was still afraid she'd get hurt. Just because he had promised her to be nice, didn't mean that he would just let things happen. He would keep an eye on them, and as soon as Yung Woo had taken a step in th wrong direction, he'd step in. Erica knew that. But they didn't talk about it. Just knowing about it, was enough for both of them. 

"Noona! Noona, where are you? NOONA!" JR stormed into the dorm, causing Erica to rush out of the kitchen, her hands all wet and soapy from the dishes.

"Jonghyun, what the hell is going on?" She asked with big eyes and a heart that nearly jumped out of her chest.

"You've got a job!" JR wrapped his arms around her, she tried to understand what he had said. 

"A job? Don't be silly, I never applied for one," she said with a smile when he finally let go of her.

"But we did." Aron came in right after his friend, together with Ren, Minhyun and Baekho. JR had been so excited to tell her the good news that he had ran straight to the door when the car had stopped. 

"Huh? I don't get it, what are you talking about?" 

"Noona looks so cute when she's confused," Ren giggled while clapping his hands.

"Will somebody please tell me what's going on?" She asked. Aron stood in front of her, put his index finger on her nose.

"You," he said while making her look a little like a pig, "are going to be our personal assistant. We asked our manager to get you a job, so you can learn the language better, get some experience and earn some money." She looked at him in complete speechlessness. They got her a job? A real one?

"But... what?"

"Please don't say you won't take it, manager hyung tried really hard to convince his bosses to hire you. And it will be fun, having you around all the time is a like a sweet guardian angel watching over us," Minhyun said in the dreamy kind of way she adored so much.

"So, personal assistant... What does that mean?"

"Well, it means that you wait for us with towels and water after our performance, you give us new markers at fansignings when they won't write anymore, you talk to us like a big sister when you see we're feeling down, an of course you will guard our deepest secrets like a dragon guards the diamonds in her nest." She frowned.

"I don't like being compared to a dragon, but I get your point. So I'll just do the things I already do at the dorm, only now everywhere you guys go?" The boys all nodded.

"Well, that sounds more like a slave to me, but if you can agree on giving me a break here, I can live with it. And I will move out when I can, so I'll get my me-time." They all ignored that she said she was going to move out, because they did not like the idea at all.

"So, that's a yes?" Aron asked with his sweetest smile.

"What do you think it is, peanuthead?"